FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > help n advice needed

help n advice needed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

moved into new flat,6mnth tennancy ,,2weeks into tennancy foundout place was infested with mice ,as the flat is above shops i reported this 2 landlord he sed my problem not his ,,i currently gave notice 2quit,2 wich he replied by letter that i wud b inbreech of tennancy n i wud b liable 4 rent wich he wud persue threw courts if i moved out ,,,

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

it is his problem...a house has to be fit for habitation,its not.

By *ot - CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Id contact environmental Health!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

thank u all for advice ,got appointment at the c,a,b,on tuesday 3rd jan

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

"Id contact environmental Health! "

this is the best advice CAB will probably tell you to do this first unless your set on getting out of the agreement

By *ubbles55Couple  over a year ago

nelson/burnley

Landlords problem to sort out not yours. He is the one in breach of any tenancy agreement by letting a place not suitable for human habitation. CAB will see you right, so don't worry.

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

"moved into new flat,6mnth tennancy ,,2weeks into tennancy foundout place was infested with mice ,as the flat is above shops i reported this 2 landlord he sed my problem not his ,,i currently gave notice 2quit,2 wich he replied by letter that i wud b inbreech of tennancy n i wud b liable 4 rent wich he wud persue threw courts if i moved out ,,, "

CAB is a good place to start.

Don't call in the EHO until you've checked if your council will charge you for rodent removal - increasingly they will look to do so.

Your landlord is responsible for the infestation if he was, or should have been, aware of it before you moved in. If the council won't tell you if they've had previous calls from the area use whatdotheyknow.com to send an FoI request that should give you details of all reports of rodent problems.

Keep a diary of all that you do in connection with this, and be prepared to go to court. If your landlord is daft enough to go to court you don't have to employ a lawyer, but you may well discover that CAB or a local law centre can send someone to help you, even if only as a Mackenzie friend.

Good luck...

» Add a new message to this topic