FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Socials

Socials

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I would like to get out and meet others from the lifestyle, and it seems to me the many social gatherings would be a good opportunity.

However (there's always a however). I meet as a TV, and look totally different when not glammed up - which is kinda the point. Given that the socials seem to be at 'normal' venues, and given I am not that convincing, what to do? Turn up as Jennie; 6'5" and bloke shoulders (and run the gauntlet of stares, sniggers & possible abuse) or turn up as Male; looking nothing like my Fab alter ego?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What you could do is find a club hosting a trans night or something, I've only heard about them from friends so I can't say how good they are.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I've had the very same dilemma, often asked to have a social with a couple, guy or even a group one at a pub. But not sure to go dressed or not Just like you Op I'm totally different as a guy to be alter ego

Been to plenty of clubs, but no socials at all

"What you could do is find a club hosting a trans night or something, I've only heard about them from friends so I can't say how good they are."

Thanks for the suggestion. I have done one or two clubs, just thought socials might be worth it for some variety x

[Removed by poster at 30/12/19 18:06:23]

"I've had the very same dilemma, often asked to have a social with a couple, guy or even a group one at a pub. But not sure to go dressed or not Just like you Op I'm totally different as a guy to be alter ego

Been to plenty of clubs, but no socials at all "

Wish I was ballsy enough to just say 'fuck it' and just walk in as Jennie. It shouldn't be an issue, but I think we all know it probably would be.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

Every Monday Chams in Darlaston is bi and lots of lovely TVs like you attend. A bit of a trek for you but it's always a good day/night xx

"Every Monday Chams in Darlaston is bi and lots of lovely TVs like you attend. A bit of a trek for you but it's always a good day/night xx"

Thanks x

I will have to think of an excuse to be up that way on a Monday

If there’s a Kik group for the social you may be able to make a friend who will let you change at theirs. Or use their hotel room. Or are you wanting to avoid actually walking into the pub dressed?

"If there’s a Kik group for the social you may be able to make a friend who will let you change at theirs. Or use their hotel room. Or are you wanting to avoid actually walking into the pub dressed?"

Probably more of the last. I happily travel to clubs and meets dressed it's just a 'straight' venue makes me apprehensive and turning up in bloke mode seems a bit wrong.

Sympathy for this predicament

"Sympathy for this predicament "

Thanks... almost inclined to just say bollocks and walk in, in full drag singing 'I am what I am'. Or not.

We don’t do socials for this very reason. People are still very unaccepting and the staring/comments would not make the meet a relaxed one unfortunately.

We stick to home meets and club nights where TV’s are made welcome.

V x

By *xperimentalistMan  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I feel for your dilemma.

The hosted socials I have been to accept everyone equally, and there would be no issues who you turned up as, but until you are there you are never going to know what reception you may get, unless you already know people who are there.

Walking into your first social as a single man is nerve wracking enough (I barely spoke at the first one I attended) so I can only imagine for you.

A club with a dedicated night may be an easier icebreaker?

Good luck!!

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

We've not been to a swingers social - yet - but often meet others at Steampunk and medieval events.

Some people find it less intimidating meeting at a "vanilla" event.

"I feel for your dilemma.

The hosted socials I have been to accept everyone equally, and there would be no issues who you turned up as, but until you are there you are never going to know what reception you may get, unless you already know people who are there.

Walking into your first social as a single man is nerve wracking enough (I barely spoke at the first one I attended) so I can only imagine for you.

A club with a dedicated night may be an easier icebreaker?

Good luck!! "

The Attic in Derby

On Mondays it's TV+ but I don't think it's open for couples. But it could be a starting point.

It would be good if there was a place that everyone could meet for coffee and cake, no play just purely social and network.

"The Attic in Derby

On Mondays it's TV+ but I don't think it's open for couples. But it could be a starting point.

It would be good if there was a place that everyone could meet for coffee and cake, no play just purely social and network. "

It's the social and network bit I would like

» Add a new message to this topic