FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > When its the end of the road...

When its the end of the road...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What do u do when your relationship hits the end of the road....???? I have several choices:

a. Admit defeat, you cant keep giving...

b. Cry and cry and bit more....

c. Get d*unk... oh I love vodka...

d. Man up and move on...

Any other choices??? Dont suggest a fuck eh lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

In my experience its a combination of the four with some angst thrown in

"In my experience its a combination of the four with some angst thrown in "

Thanks ive done the crying, look a state lol, now on the vodka... its ok so far lol might give a bit more a try

I would come off this site and maybe try and salvage your relationship if its worth it!

Grab a bottle or two of wine and talk to your partner! All night if you have too!

And if that don't work, then cry and drink the wine!

I understand ur point bout coming off this site, but in an odd way im getting some comfort from it sad i know

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

i also found being on here a help when i left my now ex, am happy now and a enjoying my life more xxx

"i also found being on here a help when i left my now ex, am happy now and a enjoying my life more xxx "

Thank u thats a comfort

hmmm, where to begin.

I split with a partner of 7 year, we was on here together.

I went through the motions, guess it's all you can do.

All I can really advise is to not dwell on it, the past is precisely that, we have the present and a future to build, start to focus your thoughts on that.

It's tough, but only for a while, good times will soon appear again, but first you have to allow them by moving on.

I was lucky, we never fell out, simply moved on, we're still very close and lean on each other when needed, she has moved on and I couldn't be happier for her, he's a great guy and our child has taken to him.

I'm still single, by choice as I find I'm preferring it.

You have new ventures to seek, so.... Go Seek

By *heWolfMan  over a year ago

warwickshire

e. Kill yourself*

*I can't swear this will make you feel better, but I haven't heard any complaints from broken-hearted people afterwards.

You're forgetting vitriolising the partner and turning him or her into the worst spawn ever to leave satan's loins... oh no, hang on, that's after you've gotten shot to justify having gotten shot...

Wolf

"hmmm, where to begin.

All I can really advise is to not dwell on it, the past is precisely that, we have the present and a future to build, start to focus your thoughts on that.

It's tough, but only for a while, good times will soon appear again, but first you have to allow them by moving on.

I was lucky, we never fell out, simply moved on, we're still very close and lean on each other when needed, she has moved on and I couldn't be happier for her, he's a great guy and our child has taken to him.

"

thats a really nice post

like you i split with my husband who i used to be on here with, we never fell out we just grew apart and tho we muddled thro for a few years because we had kids we split inside long before we actually split, if that makes sence, we still get along, infact now better than when we was together and he also had a new partner who my daughter thinks the world of, which i like as i feel comfy when my child stays over with her as i know she always has a good time

When your times up its up, you cant always save a marrage, you can stay together but thats not the same, if its over in your heart its time to move on

"hmmm, where to begin.

thats a really nice post

like you i split with my husband who i used to be on here with, we never fell out we just grew apart and tho we muddled thro for a few years because we had kids we split inside long before we actually split, if that makes sence, we still get along, infact now better than when we was together and he also had a new partner who my daughter thinks the world of, which i like as i feel comfy when my child stays over with her as i know she always has a good time

When your times up its up, you cant always save a marrage, you can stay together but thats not the same, if its over in your heart its time to move on"

Pardon me for stealing this thread a moment, but I suggested once to my now ex that our relationship hadn't ended (to which she looked at me concerned) but had in fact changed (she smiled and agreed).

By *Sensual40Man  over a year ago

South Woodford

"hmmm, where to begin.

thats a really nice post

When your times up its up, you cant always save a marrage, you can stay together but thats not the same, if its over in your heart its time to move on

Pardon me for stealing this thread a moment, but I suggested once to my now ex that our relationship hadn't ended (to which she looked at me concerned) but had in fact changed (she smiled and agreed)."

"hmmm, where to begin.

thats a really nice post

Pardon me for stealing this thread a moment, but I suggested once to my now ex that our relationship hadn't ended (to which she looked at me concerned) but had in fact changed (she smiled and agreed). "

OMG arent u guys meant to be cheering me up???? Now im crying into my vodka and thats not good, DO NOT water down the vodak...... it is the perfect answer.... or am i just pissed?

"hmmm, where to begin.

thats a really nice post

Pardon me for stealing this thread a moment, but I suggested once to my now ex that our relationship hadn't ended (to which she looked at me concerned) but had in fact changed (she smiled and agreed).

OMG arent u guys meant to be cheering me up???? Now im crying into my vodka and thats not good, DO NOT water down the vodak...... it is the perfect answer.... or am i just pissed? "

Hey, I'm happier now than I've ever been, not meaning to discredit my ex of course, I'm simply enjoying 'me' time

me too

i love being single, i have been for 3 years now and have no intentions of ever being in another relationship

there are some things i miss but i dont miss them enough to want to be with someone again

"e. Kill yourself*

*I can't swear this will make you feel better, but I haven't heard any complaints from broken-hearted people afterwards."

What a stupid moronic thing to suggest

"e. Kill yourself*

*I can't swear this will make you feel better, but I haven't heard any complaints from broken-hearted people afterwards.

What a stupid moronic thing to suggest "

does seem a bit odd, im guessing it was ment as a joke but if someones partner has left them you dont know how low they are feeling so maybe best not to suggest killing yourself

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"What do u do when your relationship hits the end of the road....???? I have several choices:

a. Admit defeat, you cant keep giving...

b. Cry and cry and bit more....

c. Get d*unk... oh I love vodka...

d. Man up and move on...

Any other choices??? Dont suggest a fuck eh lol "

Is it over... i mean have you tried couple counselling and do you still ove each other?

Modern society is obsessed with the quick fix and the short term...something is broke and u chuck it away rather than trying to fix it.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Generally it's either a cul de sac or a T junction.

By *heWolfMan  over a year ago

warwickshire

"e. Kill yourself*

does seem a bit odd, im guessing it was ment as a joke but if someones partner has left them you dont know how low they are feeling so maybe best not to suggest killing yourself "

Of course it was a joke, that wouldn't induce anyone to kill themself if they don't really want to do it. Take it from me, if the OP was in that frame of mind, they wouldn't be moping around on here looking for sympathy.

Once upon a time I seriously looked into the best way of reaching and pulling the trigger of a shotgun in my mouth. Then I thought of a hose on the exhaust...

It turns out I don't have the balls to do it, or I wasn't really serious, I don't know for sure*. Either way, I'm still here, luckily/unluckily for me. I was one of that blip in the population, the white working class male who is apparently more likely to commit suicide, that being the commonest cause of death for that particular age group. (I'm now too old! Ha!)

Before the age of 30, 3 good mates, plus at least 2 other acquaintances that spring immediately to mind, slammed the door themselves, so maybe it holds a morbid fascination for me. The one I feel sorry for is the old school mate who tried, but failed, he couldn't even get that right...

What I learned is that if you get a big F in life, you either seize the initiative and DO IT, just like that, or you bear the pain, which might never go away. Put it this way, there'll be times many years down the line, when you think you have it beaten, when you'll wake in the dead of the night, and it will feel as raw and as piercing as ever. That's when you think back to pieces of string and trigger guards.

But like I say, those who are broken-hearted and have it in them don't get pushed over the edge by jokes or flippant comments. One day they are in Wilko and notice that they do some nice heavy rope...

* I reckon it was the thought of what it would do to my dear old Ma to clear up the mess (of my life, not brains off the wallpaper) that stopped me. Perhaps I'm not so much of a selfish cunt after all?

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"e. Kill yourself*

*I can't swear this will make you feel better, but I haven't heard any complaints from broken-hearted people afterwards."

That is so cold! I knew I shouldn't laugh...but I did.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"e. Kill yourself*

does seem a bit odd, im guessing it was ment as a joke but if someones partner has left them you dont know how low they are feeling so maybe best not to suggest killing yourself

Of course it was a joke, that wouldn't induce anyone to kill themself if they don't really want to do it. Take it from me, if the OP was in that frame of mind, they wouldn't be moping around on here looking for sympathy.

Once upon a time I seriously looked into the best way of reaching and pulling the trigger of a shotgun in my mouth. Then I thought of a hose on the exhaust...

It turns out I don't have the balls to do it, or I wasn't really serious, I don't know for sure*. Either way, I'm still here, luckily/unluckily for me. I was one of that blip in the population, the white working class male who is apparently more likely to commit suicide, that being the commonest cause of death for that particular age group. (I'm now too old! Ha!)

Before the age of 30, 3 good mates, plus at least 2 other acquaintances that spring immediately to mind, slammed the door themselves, so maybe it holds a morbid fascination for me. The one I feel sorry for is the old school mate who tried, but failed, he couldn't even get that right...

What I learned is that if you get a big F in life, you either seize the initiative and DO IT, just like that, or you bear the pain, which might never go away. Put it this way, there'll be times many years down the line, when you think you have it beaten, when you'll wake in the dead of the night, and it will feel as raw and as piercing as ever. That's when you think back to pieces of string and trigger guards.

But like I say, those who are broken-hearted and have it in them don't get pushed over the edge by jokes or flippant comments. One day they are in Wilko and notice that they do some nice heavy rope...

* I reckon it was the thought of what it would do to my dear old Ma to clear up the mess (of my life, not brains off the wallpaper) that stopped me. Perhaps I'm not so much of a selfish cunt after all? "

I don't think you need to justify yourself, I took it for a joke to lighten the mood somewhat.

* cReEpS rOunD cRyPt * -l-

I don't bother with crying or getting d*unk, just face up to reality that it is not working and move on.

"e. Kill yourself*

whilst i know this was meant as a joke this is very close to my heart!

My 18 year old daughter took 6 months worth of prescribed tablets, prescribed to her by her GP, i got a call early hours one Saturday morning about 3 weeks ago to say that she had been admitted to ITU! Long story but short! I and the rest of the family spent 10 days at her bedside whilst she was kept on life support, it was very touch and go from time to time, and she May be left with some brain damage as her brain swelled due to either lack of oxygen or the seizures she had! She is now out of hospital and needs care and support!

No one in the family knew she was feeling down, and she can't remember even taking the pills!

So guess i am just saying, be careful when using or suggesting the word suicide!

It has a very big knock on effect!

Lucy x x

A, C and D.

Think of it as a pet you had and died.

Remember the good times, get another and watch out for the same mistakes

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

there isnt a short quick fix,you go with the pain and one day it wont seem so bad and the next day and the next day

eventualy you will realise that you havent thought about it for half a day,then a full day, then a week,

thats when you know its getting better

Good Luck x

self preservation......i have n never will stay with someone if I was unhappy......lifes too short.....i wanna be with someone who makes me happy......so being the so called heartless twat,,,id leave, get over it and smile again...

» Add a new message to this topic