FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Girl talk....copper coil advice...

Girl talk....copper coil advice...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Long story short, I'm looking at the coil as an alternative to hormone based contraception and was hoping to get some honest advice. Theres plenty of information out there on the possible side effects etc. but I'm wondering if people have had problems when playing a little (or a lot) rougher? Any advice would be greatly appreciated xx Peach xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hedevilKTWoman  over a year ago

milton keynes

I have been on implant since 15 and had no dramas at all no weight gain and no periods either so bonus. I have heard horror stories with coil so if can go with something in arm gunna choose that. Don’t know if that helps at all

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had one fitted and can feel the wire, not played since. I did a forum search on it and found some info, might help you too xx

"I have been on implant since 15 and had no dramas at all no weight gain and no periods either so bonus. I have heard horror stories with coil so if can go with something in arm gunna choose that. Don’t know if that helps at all"

Thank you so much for your reply! I really dont do well with the hormones and believe me I've tried them all haha! I had the implant for a few years and just bled all the time, I was just unlucky I guess. The hormones just dont seem to agree with me x

"I had one fitted and can feel the wire, not played since. I did a forum search on it and found some info, might help you too xx"

Can I ask how you find it? Xx

I got the copper coil about 6 months ago as I wanted to go hormone free. You can feel the strings but no problems sex-wise as yet. However, I think I'm going to have it out again due to the periods. Obviously they warn you a lot with the copper one that they're likely to be heavy but I really had no concept of just how bad it would be! I'll probably go back to the implant again now that I haven't seen any significant benefits to the non hormonal option.

By *ildblonde69Woman  over a year ago

south west

I had the Mirena coil, it didn’t change my sex life but I did put on weight, periods were sporadic so had it removed after a year, I know it’s different for everyone sadly didn’t work for me

By *mberWoman  over a year ago

Preston

I had a copper coil fitted in Nov_mber.

The listed side effects are longer and heavier periods.

I can't say I really noticed much difference. (Day two is always really heavy anyway)

But this month it was 'normal' it wasn't really heavy on any day.

So the copper coil is my friend

Thank you for sharing your thoughts girls! I really do appreciate it xx

"I have been on implant since 15 and had no dramas at all no weight gain and no periods either so bonus. I have heard horror stories with coil so if can go with something in arm gunna choose that. Don’t know if that helps at all

Thank you so much for your reply! I really dont do well with the hormones and believe me I've tried them all haha! I had the implant for a few years and just bled all the time, I was just unlucky I guess. The hormones just dont seem to agree with me x"

Have you tried the mini pill? Less hormones. That’s what I’m on. No periods at all. It’s heaven.

By *urlyCatzWoman  over a year ago

Blackpool

I've had the mirena nearly 2 years. Bled 12 weeks to start but .now they are so much lighter, less frequent (I had a 21 day cycle), the pain is only for 2 days and helped with a couple of paracetamol, whereas I was in agony for 5/7 days and taking paracetamol, ibuprofen and codeine. The PMT is A mere smidgen of the nightmare it was.

For me it was purely for hormones and it's a god send.

Unfortunately very rough play does cause a slight bleed, almost like a little spot and a little pink for a day or so, but that's only when it's very rough, otherwise any penetration is fine.

Hope this helps.

By *hedevilKTWoman  over a year ago

milton keynes

"I have been on implant since 15 and had no dramas at all no weight gain and no periods either so bonus. I have heard horror stories with coil so if can go with something in arm gunna choose that. Don’t know if that helps at all

Thank you so much for your reply! I really dont do well with the hormones and believe me I've tried them all haha! I had the implant for a few years and just bled all the time, I was just unlucky I guess. The hormones just dont seem to agree with me x"

Sorry to hear this hope u find a solution that helps soon

I have had one 4 years and want to get it removed. I get bad cramps and bleed after sex sometimes. It has moved further up than it should be so the wire is missing to remove it. Hormone based contraceptives don’t suit me which is why I’ve kept going with this as I’ve not really another option.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I had the mirena and no issues with rough sex. I know it’s got hormones but I’m guessing it’s similar in size to the copper coil. There are Facebook pages. Everyone is different so hopefully it’ll be fine for you.

I cannot use hormones and have used the copper coil a few times,

I felt 1 really badly and had to have it removed within days of it being placed.

The other 2

I could only feel the string and had no issues sexually, but the periods were really horrible.

Hope that helps xx

I was on the arm implant on and off over 15 years. I would take a break in between, I had to come off that because I had cysts on my ovaries and told me I needed a break.

I was still very sexually active at the time and didn't want the risk of pregnancy. I asked for low hormone options and they offered the depot injections.

Its great for me no rages no periods no cramps no sore boobs. I'm 2 weeks late on the depo (not sexually active) so decided to wait till I'm at my drs, next week to have it and boy I can tell my boobs are really sore.

You guys have definitely given me a lot to think about! I think I'll do a little more research but I guess the proof is in the pudding haha! You're all diamonds xx

"Long story short, I'm looking at the coil as an alternative to hormone based contraception and was hoping to get some honest advice. Theres plenty of information out there on the possible side effects etc. but I'm wondering if people have had problems when playing a little (or a lot) rougher? Any advice would be greatly appreciated xx Peach xx"

I've had one twice. I hated it. Even more painful and longer periods (~2 weeks) and my husband could feel the strings.

And that's without saying how awful the insertion was. I had to go into hospital to have it done, and the same for removal, both under general anesthesia.

I definitely don't recommend it, we just use condoms now untill my husband gets a vasectomy.

I have Mirena coil, best decision ever. Originally, I was like you, worried about side effects after reading horror stories online. But eventually I decided to give it a go, as pill wasn't working for me any more. I bled for about 2 weeks (in the second week, it was more like spotting), and since then only had occasional spotting. Yes, my ex complained about being able to feel the wires in some positions, but I had no complaints from anyone else- and he wasn't even more than about average.

I didn't notice any side effects really- maybe I'm just lucky. And you won't know until you try- luckily with coil, it's easy to get it removed and all should be back to the situation from before it was fitted very soon. You can't say that about injection or implant. But it's your choice.

So I've had the depo injection, inplant, coil, pill, you name it lol. Each one worked for me at the time but after many years the depo sent my hormones crazy! The 2nd implant wasn't as good as the first. The first coil had to be removed as I could feel it during sex and caused me pain, now on my 2nd and had it 18 months, last year my sex drive dipped loads, going to have it removed and just be me!!!

Everyone is different from the sounds of things and we all get along with them differently. Just try it and if it's not for you then it can be removed. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Jenny xx

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

It really is different for everyone. My first one was brilliant, no periods, no cramps, sex was fine. Had it removed after 5 years and replaced like for like. I'm 8 months in and it's been awful. Heavy and long periods. Cramps and bleeding betweens periods. Slight bleed after rough sex. I'm giving it a bit more time and have another scan booked but if it continues I will be looking for alternatives. Problem is it's trial and error with these things x

By *ng1983Couple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon tyne

I've had the copper coil for almost 8 years. I've had no side effects and no problems with any kind of play. My periods are a bit heavier at the beginning but not unmanageable. It doesn't get in the way when playing, J says he can't feel it at all. Hope that helps

Gem

By *samCouple  over a year ago

cambridge

I’d second advice further up that it’s the fit of them that affects the symptoms of soreness during sex. My first copper coil ( non hormonal ones last 10 years) was fitted by somebody who didn’t do them regularly and I got a dragging sensation during rough sex or serious exercise like high intensity squash. That one was a b*!*!? to get removed as it had got stuck. My second copper coil was fitted by somebody who did them weekly and was far less painful to be inserted and no problems with pain at all. So take my advice and get it fitted by somebody who knows what they’re doing. Don’t take somebody less experienced as they’re running behind like I did!

Periods are heavier but for me it’s lovely to be hormone free. Best of luck. Xx

The wires soften over time. If the practitioner cuts them too short then they can be felt more as they are more spiky. Highly suggest you have a consultation to see what's right for you. There is a good website that clinics recommend too - sexwise. There is lots of information on long acting contraception. Rem_mber there are lots of different types of coils. The beauty of a consultation is working out what one is right for you as what works for one person won't work for another.

I had the copper coil twice both times I had very heavy periods that lasted two weeks every month and crippling cramps so I changed to the mirena have had no issues at all

"Long story short, I'm looking at the coil as an alternative to hormone based contraception and was hoping to get some honest advice. Theres plenty of information out there on the possible side effects etc. but I'm wondering if people have had problems when playing a little (or a lot) rougher? Any advice would be greatly appreciated xx Peach xx"

I’ve got the coil...let’s say a guy with big hands went deep and he did my regularly check without realising . Good job we could laugh about it . The strings can be felt

By *errible_TwoCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

I had the copper coil a few yrs ago and it ruined our sex life, I bled all the time, got loads of infections that wouldn't go the doc was reluctant to remove it because I couldn't take any other contraception till I went one day crying and begging her to remove it because it had killed our relationship, made me miserable and depressed

Once again, thank you so much for your insight guys! Its very much appreciated x

By *heEvilWithinWoman  over a year ago

Barnsley

I have issues with hormones too. Having pcos and an eating disorder when I was 13 fucked up my body and hormone levels beyond belief. I can't have any of the pills/injection etc because it gives me sever depression /anger/emotions that aren't rational depending on which one I take. Also I have a much higher chance of ovarian and cancer in general taking hormones for a prolonged period of time can raise those chances - which is why they limit you to 10 years and then you have to switch. A lot of people don't know that... Anyway!

So when I heard about the copper coil I thought brilliant!! I haven't had regular periods ever. As soon as I had it fitted I had one every month but they were SO heavy. And I mean to the point where I had to go into hospital and put on a drip because I'd lost so much blood. Headaches too due to dehydration and blood loss. Besides that though it was brilliant. Could not fault it. But when I was in hospital they recommended I remove it and replace it with the hormone one. Apparently its a much much lower dose than what you'd get in the pill or injection. Also the effects, once removed go away instantly so if you're thinking about kids etc then there's no risk of having to wait a while once you stop it.

So I've had the hormone one in now for 4 months and my periods have now regulated (and stopped again) at first it was a bit hit and miss I was having 14 day really light periods. But I haven't had one in over a month. I can't say as to whether my moods have been off or not. I don't think so thus far! Apart from a bunch of bad stuff happening to me and feeling down.

Overall my recommendation would be to try the hormone one. If you don't get along with it you can just go have it removed and the side effects wear off instantly.

The copper one I would only suggest if you can deal with super heavy periods. As that seems to be a general side effect. Hope that helps in a little more detail.

By *erdyWoman  over a year ago

wiltshire

hi, I had nothing but problems with mine. Gave me longer heavier periods. Pelvic pain which was worse after sex. In the end had to be surgically removed under general anaesthetic as couldn't be removed usual way as tissue grew around it and became embedded. Sorry it's so negative as I'm sure many are fine with it but that was my experience with the coil. Having it removed was heaven for me!

You will get good and bad reviews just like anything, best thing to do is try it and see if it suits you. I’ve had my copper coil for 8 years and haven’t had any problems, only time I can feel the wire is when I’m due on and cervix is lower.. research ibuprofen on google regarding heavy periods as they say 600mg a day can give you shorter/lighter periods. Good luck x

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I had the mirena coil fitted but it didn't suit me whatsoever. Irregular bleeding,weight gain, erratic mood swings, I persevered for 11 months then had it removed.

» Add a new message to this topic