FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Ordering takeaway

Ordering takeaway

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is anyone still doing it? I'm really craving pizza but am scared about the risk of contamination

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had a domino's last night no issues

"I had a domino's last night no issues "

But you wouldn't know for about a week at least right?

"I had a domino's last night no issues

But you wouldn't know for about a week at least right? "

I'm not sure how the risk is higher than eating any other food

I don't think you can catch it from someone cooking food. If that was the case the government would have told all delivery places to close. Minimal risk I'd imagine.

It's like getting a supermarket delivery. Similar scenario. You have to eat, might as well get someone to cook it for you once in a while

By *evilmademedoitMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Is anyone still doing it? I'm really craving pizza but am scared about the risk of contamination "

Unless you have pineapple on your pizza you should be ok. We’ve had a couple of takeaways since this all started, you can arrange through just eat that they drop it at the end of the garden path, or will place in inside the house when you open the door. So no real contact, you can wipe the box down before picking it up, or just wash your hands.

I now want pizza...

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

The risks are fairly low, the fast food places are using social distancing techniques and drivers here wearing gloves and masks

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Is anyone still doing it? I'm really craving pizza but am scared about the risk of contamination "

in what way....

most deliveries at the moment are "no contact".... so they know on your door and leave the food there till you come and pick it up!

also my locals have started wearing gloves as well....

"Is anyone still doing it? I'm really craving pizza but am scared about the risk of contamination

in what way....

most deliveries at the moment are "no contact".... so they know on your door and leave the food there till you come and pick it up!

also my locals have started wearing gloves as well...."

What if the driver doesn't wear gloves or sneezes/coughs near the packaging? No contact delivery doesn't really help that.

We've had takeaway from 3 different places and all ok xx

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

What if the driver doesn't wear gloves or sneezes/coughs near the packaging? No contact delivery doesn't really help that. "

any business doing that would likely not allow that person to work as they could basically infect everyone in the shop!

if you are that concerned then there is no amount of assurity anyone is going to be able to give you.... and takeaways are going to be out until this is over....

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Maybe use your regular, trusted takeaway?

If they have 5* score on the door for good food hygiene practices, I'm sure you will be fine, especialy if you pay be card ovet the 'phone x

I've read a few of your posts and while I appreciate you're looking out for yourself and family I do think you're causing yourself a great deal more anxiety than you need to

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I had takeaway for my birthday last week. The restaurant did a no contact collection with the delivery driver and he did a no contact delivery on the doorstep. Restaurants have pretty strict hygiene regulations anyway and the food was all in sealed boxes inside the bag anyway. I follow the restaurant on Facebook so knew what measures they were taking.

I used my nhs discount on just eat last night for a curry it was awful, it was like we were given the dregs!

But I know most takeaways are working, and probably glad of the money they usually knock your door and leave it on the door step

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

I can't see who is cooking it or what measures they are taking.

The packaging bears the same risk as in the shops I would imagine.

I'm limiting trips to the shop so takeaway, to me, is totally unnecessary. I avoid.

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

If you're in doubt .. don't.

You will manage without a takeaway if it gives you better peace of mind

By *merald Eyes XWoman  over a year ago

Can you find me….

I have a take away every Saturday night!

I'd say its almost impossible to catch Covid19 with cooked food, you'd be more at risk with other issues related to food preparation.

By *wingin CatMan  over a year ago

London

Did somebody say just eat?

Hmmmmmm........

Surely you have more risk at the super market. Touching the uncleaned trolleys. Picking up the stuff people have picked up and put back. There are risks every were it's just about people being sensible

By *ingle ex cuckMan  over a year ago

chester

Takeaways never crossed my mind

I’ve had far too much time to cook lately

And enjoyed it too

By *inkershoes69Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

"I have a take away every Saturday night! "
me too

By *arl 50Man  over a year ago

Colnbrook

Had Dominos as well last night

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I've had take away twice a week since lock down. To be fair I guess I'm not overly worried... my friend is washing her food shopping or wiping it down when she gets back. And leaving her post for a week before opening it. Like with most things... its about taking the risks your comfortable with.

"Surely you have more risk at the super market. Touching the uncleaned trolleys. Picking up the stuff people have picked up and put back. There are risks every were it's just about people being sensible "

The supermarkets around me have cleaning stations to wipe down trolleys. Besides I wear gloves and wipe down the packaging of each item I buy with antibacterial wipes before transferring to clean bags in my car.

My worry with a takeaway is that I'm not the one cooking it. If we can get infected by touching a contaminated surface and then our mouths I don't see how food with virus particles on it (however it got there) would act any differently. I was hoping this thread would allay my fears but I'm still very unsure... I think I might just leave it for now.

Chicken and chips last week lovely

Bags. Boxes. Uncooked salad. Burger buns. Cans of juice. And that's just what I can think of now. I think it's some risk considering there's a pandemic. The food will be fine. But all that packaging etc.

Just wash hands before eating if it's worth the risk.

It's crazy they are still allowed to operate.

"If you're in doubt .. don't.

You will manage without a takeaway if it gives you better peace of mind "

Yeah you're right. Although I can't imagine a world without pizza or fries until September! Might actually lose some weight haha

Don't order any takeaways then, Simples

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I had a ham & pineapple pizza delivered last night. It was lovely and I'm still alive.

Are you washing all your food packaging in hot soapy water before you open them? If not then you are at the same risk as receiving take away food.

"Bags. Boxes. Uncooked salad. Burger buns. Cans of juice. And that's just what I can think of now. I think it's some risk considering there's a pandemic. The food will be fine. But all that packaging etc.

It's crazy they are still allowed to operate. "

Well, people have to eat I guess. I'm sure restaurants and takeaways were lifesavers for many people who were faced with empty shelves in the midst of all the panic buying. There are also restaurants providing free food to NHS workers which I'm sure is very appreciated at the end of a long shift!

"Are you washing all your food packaging in hot soapy water before you open them? If not then you are at the same risk as receiving take away food. "

Yes I'm using antibacterial wipes to disinfect packaging

By *hebritukCouple  over a year ago

London

Yeah you're right. Although I can't imagine a world without pizza or fries until September! Might actually lose some weight haha"

We would love to order you for home delivery, but we can’t see you on the menu anywhere?

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

If your that concerned, to the corner shop, pick up one and cook the thing. Up to you about contamination in a shop

Hoping to get pizza for my birthday in a week or so can't wait!

[Removed by poster at 12/04/20 21:49:35]

Yeah you're right. Although I can't imagine a world without pizza or fries until September! Might actually lose some weight haha

We would love to order you for home delivery, but we can’t see you on the menu anywhere? "

LOL that's because I'm a chef's special

"If your that concerned, to the corner shop, pick up one and cook the thing. Up to you about contamination in a shop"

But oven/homemade pizza is just not the same as a fresh, hot, deep pan is it

"Bags. Boxes. Uncooked salad. Burger buns. Cans of juice. And that's just what I can think of now. I think it's some risk considering there's a pandemic. The food will be fine. But all that packaging etc.

Well, people have to eat I guess. I'm sure restaurants and takeaways were lifesavers for many people who were faced with empty shelves in the midst of all the panic buying. There are also restaurants providing free food to NHS workers which I'm sure is very appreciated at the end of a long shift!

But it's entirely counterintuitive to disease control. People need to eat. I don't understand that as an argument.

It's a lot of trust in strangers following guidelines and we know how we'll we've done that as a country so far. People can do what they want. I'm not berating or belittling them or the people running takeaways. I'm just saying. This virus is a hardy little shit. And it's deadly. Why risk it? "

Yes this is what I'm trying to work out. I'm really in two minds, especially as quite a few people have risked it and been fine. On the one hand I don't want to risk contamination. On the other hand, it's pizza...

By *ydrewMan  over a year ago

New forest

But it's entirely counterintuitive to disease control. People need to eat. I don't understand that as an argument.

It's a lot of trust in strangers following guidelines and we know how we'll we've done that as a country so far. People can do what they want. I'm not berating or belittling them or the people running takeaways. I'm just saying. This virus is a hardy little shit. And it's deadly. Why risk it?

Yes this is what I'm trying to work out. I'm really in two minds, especially as quite a few people have risked it and been fine. On the one hand I don't want to risk contamination. On the other hand, it's pizza... "

Are you not always taking a risk when getting takeaway even before all of this??

"Hoping to get pizza for my birthday in a week or so can't wait!

"

Yay! I'm having a lockdown birthday the week after too!

It's a lot of trust in strangers following guidelines and we know how we'll we've done that as a country so far. People can do what they want. I'm not berating or belittling them or the people running takeaways. I'm just saying. This virus is a hardy little shit. And it's deadly. Why risk it?

Yes this is what I'm trying to work out. I'm really in two minds, especially as quite a few people have risked it and been fine. On the one hand I don't want to risk contamination. On the other hand, it's pizza...

Are you not always taking a risk when getting takeaway even before all of this?? "

Much harder to get food poisoning as a vegetarian

By *napppaMan  over a year ago

London

I know exactly what you mean, been craving Thai but so far resisted the urge, I'm sure it's going to get the better of me though!

"Hoping to get pizza for my birthday in a week or so can't wait!

Yay! I'm having a lockdown birthday the week after too! "

Yay! All the BEST people are born in April #birthdaypizzaparty

New forest

Are you not always taking a risk when getting takeaway even before all of this??

Much harder to get food poisoning as a vegetarian "

Really? How does that work

Really? How does that work"

Less exposure to undercooked meat. Plus I always order from places with at least 4* hygiene rating so minimal chance of cross contamination between meats and veggies.

New forest

Really? How does that work

Less exposure to undercooked meat. Plus I always order from places with at least 4* hygiene rating so minimal chance of cross contamination between meats and veggies. "

Good to know.

By *arl 50Man  over a year ago

Colnbrook

Your Near Me OP , Few takeaways locally are still open and good , Chinese in plastic containers etc

Are you not always taking a risk when getting takeaway even before all of this?? "

Haha. Yes. Definitely.

We would love a Chinese but the 1 we use has closed due corvid 19 so will wait until all done and dusted x

"I know exactly what you mean, been craving Thai but so far resisted the urge, I'm sure it's going to get the better of me though!"

I'm really trying to resist but I'm one of those people who gets so much comfort from food and I could really use it right now!

I have genuine struggles with binge eating and food addiction and it's been hell on earth not being able to go out and get food, especially when my emotions have been running high. I know it's good for me but this cold turkey thing is so difficult

We have twice, and wiped the boxes down as soon as its in the house. If the foods cooler than wed like, we heat it up, just to cook dem geeermz

But weve refrained as much as possible

S

And we order from the same place, so so far theyve left it on the door stop and played knock door run

S

By *merald Eyes XWoman  over a year ago

Can you find me….

"I have a take away every Saturday night! me too "

Just trying to keep some normality and also helping my local take aways

By *inkycreamCouple  over a year ago

manchester

Give the driver a good eyeful for his troubles, in the oven a couple of minutes job done

By *impleSailorMan  over a year ago

on the road again

Can't beat a takeaway. I've had a few during lockdown. No issues just not as many open as normally

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

"Surely you have more risk at the super market. Touching the uncleaned trolleys. Picking up the stuff people have picked up and put back. There are risks every were it's just about people being sensible

The supermarkets around me have cleaning stations to wipe down trolleys. Besides I wear gloves and wipe down the packaging of each item I buy with antibacterial wipes before transferring to clean bags in my car.

My worry with a takeaway is that I'm not the one cooking it. If we can get infected by touching a contaminated surface and then our mouths I don't see how food with virus particles on it (however it got there) would act any differently. I was hoping this thread would allay my fears but I'm still very unsure... I think I might just leave it for now. "

See wearing gloves in a supermarket is bad especially if u pick stuff up to look st at put it down etc plus u dont no who else as touched so by wearing gloves whatever u touch next your cross contaminating

Never order takeaways as I'm an awesome cook.

"Surely you have more risk at the super market. Touching the uncleaned trolleys. Picking up the stuff people have picked up and put back. There are risks every were it's just about people being sensible

My worry with a takeaway is that I'm not the one cooking it. If we can get infected by touching a contaminated surface and then our mouths I don't see how food with virus particles on it (however it got there) would act any differently. I was hoping this thread would allay my fears but I'm still very unsure... I think I might just leave it for now.

See wearing gloves in a supermarket is bad especially if u pick stuff up to look st at put it down etc plus u dont no who else as touched so by wearing gloves whatever u touch next your cross contaminating "

Okay but how is that any different to touching things with my hands?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Not had any. You could wear gloves to unwrap the food, in case the packing had a trace level, though seems unlikely. The food itself, even less likely.

By *ublinGirl92Woman  over a year ago

Hell

" Okay but how is that any different to touching things with my hands? "

You can wash your hands thoroughly. You can't wash gloves thoroughly. Ergo with good hands hygiene your hands are cleaner than gloves.

I think you're better off just cooking at home tbh.

" Okay but how is that any different to touching things with my hands?

You can wash your hands thoroughly. You can't wash gloves thoroughly. Ergo with good hands hygiene your hands are cleaner than gloves.

I think you're better off just cooking at home tbh. "

But I would still be cross contaminating things if touching with my hands. The point of the gloves is not to stop cross contamination it's to protect my hands. Besides they are single use so don't need to be cleaned.

Gee I wish I knew how to make a deep pan pizza at home, unfortunately I'm just not that talented.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Less exposure to undercooked meat. Plus I always order from places with at least 4* hygiene rating so minimal chance of cross contamination between meats and veggies. "

I don't want to raise your anxiety, but you can pick up listeria from unwashed salad and it's potentially fatal!

"

Less exposure to undercooked meat. Plus I always order from places with at least 4* hygiene rating so minimal chance of cross contamination between meats and veggies.

I don't want to raise your anxiety, but you can pick up listeria from unwashed salad and it's potentially fatal! "

Lmao that's it, I'm just gonna lay on the floor and starve to death

Glasgow

"

I don't want to raise your anxiety, but you can pick up listeria from unwashed salad and it's potentially fatal!

Lmao that's it, I'm just gonna lay on the floor and starve to death "

Nooo, not the floor..you don't know whose walked on it!

By *rumpyandsexyCouple  over a year ago

mansfield

The big cardboard box for your pizza is usuallyin the open before they make the boxes to put your pizza in.

The box could be contaminated plus after it is cooked and they sliced the pizza someone could have coughed on it as it is cooling down.

So all the bottom of your pizza in contact with the box could be contaminated

I'm not but not for that reason just nothing worthy open

I would not risk it.As I’ve seen the delivery guys round here parked up they are not social distancing at all.They are just carrying on as normal.

But I am a bit nervous about what’s going on at the min.

By *ungscotsman26Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Honestly you are probably at more danger going to the supermarket. More people nearby, despite social distancing, more packaging to touch, the trolley or basket, your phone, wallet, purse whilst you are out. Even if you wear gloves it's impossible to be 100% safe as the gloves will transfer between items. When do you take the gloves off, did you open your car with them on, did you drive with them. If not how did you take them off without touching them with your skin. If you kept them on until you are home are you then going and wiping your car down?

It's impossible lol.

Get a takeaway if you want one. Pay up front by card. Get them to leave it on the doorstep. Enjoy

"Honestly you are probably at more danger going to the supermarket. More people nearby, despite social distancing, more packaging to touch, the trolley or basket, your phone, wallet, purse whilst you are out. Even if you wear gloves it's impossible to be 100% safe as the gloves will transfer between items. When do you take the gloves off, did you open your car with them on, did you drive with them. If not how did you take them off without touching them with your skin. If you kept them on until you are home are you then going and wiping your car down?

It's impossible lol.

Get a takeaway if you want one. Pay up front by card. Get them to leave it on the doorstep. Enjoy

"

I take the gloves off before I open my car door and turn them inside out as I do so. If there is a bin nearby I throw them away, otherwise I have a baggie ready in my car that I seal shut which I throw away later. I open the car with my bare hands and wash them with sanitiser before touching anything in my car. I then use antibacterial wipes to clean the packaging of every item I've bought which is transferred to clean carrier bags. I also use the wipes to wipe my phone, debit card, car keys and door handles, then use hand sanitiser again before driving off. Trust me, I am vigilant.

Update: I've spoken to a friend who has a masters in biomedicine and works for the MHRA (medical regulation something or other). She's assured me that not only are takeaways taking more steps to ensure food safety, like wearing ppe, but also the risk of food being able to infect you is incredibly low as the structure of coronavirus does not lend itself well to being able to remain stable on food in the way it does on hard surfaces and therefore even if there were virus particles on the food they would lose their virulence pretty quickly. I guess the only risk that remains is the packaging but I am always equipped with antibacterial wipes so we shall see, I may just give in tonight

By *m A FuckerMan  over a year ago

kingswood,surrey/leysdown kent

My worry with a takeaway is that I'm not the one cooking it. If we can get infected by touching a contaminated surface and then our mouths I don't see how food with virus particles on it (however it got there) would act any differently. I was hoping this thread would allay my fears but I'm still very unsure... I think I might just leave it for now. "

I had a dominoes delivered last week. Was lovely. Apparently KFC are opening some restaurants for delivery only too. I want McDonalds open again.

I did last night and it was delivered by someone I was working with before the layoff.

I won't order from there again though

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Its ok its a viral infection. Not bacterial. Just throw the packaging away, wash your hands properly and enjoy your food

Glasgow

"I did last night and it was delivered by someone I was working with before the layoff.

I won't order from there again though"

Is that a reflection on your former colleague or the whalit of the food?!

By *okemanGoMan  over a year ago

Willenhall

Dominoes do contactless delivery where they leave it outside the door, one of us picks up boxes then slides pizzas onto plates held by the other, boxes then put in outside bin and hands washed and sanitised.

Yep we do...and far too often lol

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Not sure if ordering a pizza once a fortnight (currently) is actually a non essential risk or keeping a business and employee with income.

So am I doing the right thing or potentially spreading the virus?

If anybody is interested I finally caved and ordered a pizza from the only place still open at 1am last night. Thankfully they had a 5* hygiene rating and my ubereats driver wore a mask and gloves. I don't think I'll do it again though; all the deals seemed to have been deactivated and I had to pay ubereats' crazy inflated prices. Including the tip for the driver (thank you key workers! ) it ended up costing me £18.50 for a 10" pizza!!! Wouldn't have minded if it was actually nice but it was pretty flavourless and the cheese was all weird and mushy. I've set an alarm for every evening around the time my cravings usually set in now to remind myself that this experience wasn't worth it

Glasgow

"If anybody is interested I finally caved and ordered a pizza from the only place still open at 1am last night. Thankfully they had a 5* hygiene rating and my ubereats driver wore a mask and gloves. I don't think I'll do it again though; all the deals seemed to have been deactivated and I had to pay ubereats' crazy inflated prices. Including the tip for the driver (thank you key workers! ) it ended up costing me £18.50 for a 10" pizza!!! Wouldn't have minded if it was actually nice but it was pretty flavourless and the cheese was all weird and mushy. I've set an alarm for every evening around the time my cravings usually set in now to remind myself that this experience wasn't worth it "

...the price of that pizza alone would bring on a persistent cough!

By *hotstuff69Man  over a year ago

cheshire

The virus dies at a certain temperature so once they have cooked it the virus would be dead and then then don’t actually touch the pizza with there hands. They slide it off the tray in to the box and they use the pizza cutter to slice it.

OP what flavor was your pizza?

"OP what flavor was your pizza? "

"spicy" veggie, thanks for asking

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"OP what flavor was your pizza?

"spicy" veggie, thanks for asking "

Ooh nice, sometimes I get a veggie and ask them to add jalapeños. I might get that tonight

"OP what flavor was your pizza?

"spicy" veggie, thanks for asking "

I had ham and pineapple from the pizza counter at Asda bargain at 2.40 xx

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Update: I've spoken to a friend who has a masters in biomedicine and works for the MHRA (medical regulation something or other). She's assured me that not only are takeaways taking more steps to ensure food safety, like wearing ppe, but also the risk of food being able to infect you is incredibly low as the structure of coronavirus does not lend itself well to being able to remain stable on food in the way it does on hard surfaces and therefore even if there were virus particles on the food they would lose their virulence pretty quickly. I guess the only risk that remains is the packaging but I am always equipped with antibacterial wipes so we shall see, I may just give in tonight "

so basically she told you what most of us in here told you....

yey!!! ........

"Update: I've spoken to a friend who has a masters in biomedicine and works for the MHRA (medical regulation something or other). She's assured me that not only are takeaways taking more steps to ensure food safety, like wearing ppe, but also the risk of food being able to infect you is incredibly low as the structure of coronavirus does not lend itself well to being able to remain stable on food in the way it does on hard surfaces and therefore even if there were virus particles on the food they would lose their virulence pretty quickly. I guess the only risk that remains is the packaging but I am always equipped with antibacterial wipes so we shall see, I may just give in tonight

yey!!! ........"

Nobody went into that much detail though...

Hell

"Update: I've spoken to a friend who has a masters in biomedicine and works for the MHRA (medical regulation something or other). She's assured me that not only are takeaways taking more steps to ensure food safety, like wearing ppe, but also the risk of food being able to infect you is incredibly low as the structure of coronavirus does not lend itself well to being able to remain stable on food in the way it does on hard surfaces and therefore even if there were virus particles on the food they would lose their virulence pretty quickly. I guess the only risk that remains is the packaging but I am always equipped with antibacterial wipes so we shall see, I may just give in tonight

yey!!! ........

Nobody went into that much detail though... "

So you posted here in the hope that a bunch of random people on a swingers site would go into the same level of detail as someone who has a masters in bio medicine so as to allay your fears enough for you to order a pizza. Ffs girl.

If you had this contact at your disposal this whole time why didn't you just call them instead of posting here for days ignoring very similar advice?

And you know who would have gone into that much detail? Google. Bet they would have told you all about the structure of the cell too

yey!!! ........

So you posted here in the hope that a bunch of random people on a swingers site would go into the same level of detail as someone who has a masters in bio medicine so as to allay your fears enough for you to order a pizza. Ffs girl.

If you had this contact at your disposal this whole time why didn't you just call them instead of posting here for days ignoring very similar advice?

And you know who would have gone into that much detail? Google. Bet they would have told you all about the structure of the cell too "

Honestly? Because this is someone who has been supporting me through my food issues. I was doing really well before lockdown and I was embarrassed to admit to her that I'd fallen off the wagon again, so asking her was something I was really saving til the urge got too bad. She was the one that not only reassured my fears but got me to compromise with myself and order a 10" instead of a bigger one with sides for an almighty binge and purge session like I would have otherwise done.

I hope that answers your question.

And for the record I did look on Google but I couldn't find anything on how the virus behaves on food specifically, just advice on how to deal with the packaging. Anyway if everyone found the answers to their questions online the fab forums would be empty.

Hell

yey!!! ........

And you know who would have gone into that much detail? Google. Bet they would have told you all about the structure of the cell too

Honestly? Because this is someone who has been supporting me through my food issues. I was doing really well before lockdown and I was embarrassed to admit to her that I'd fallen off the wagon again, so asking her was something I was really saving til the urge got too bad. She was the one that not only reassured my fears but got me to compromise with myself and order a 10" instead of a bigger one with sides for an almighty binge and purge session like I would have otherwise done.

And for the record I did look on Google but I couldn't find anything on how the virus behaves on food specifically, just advice on how to deal with the packaging. Anyway if everyone found the answers to their questions online the fab forums would be empty. "

Could you not just randomly drop stuff about eating disorders on people without warning? I never asked about that and nor did anyone else.

Because if you're a sufferer you should know that doing so can trigger those behaviours and thoughts in others.

I suggest you delete your response as its irresponsible and if you feel the need, start a new thread with an appropriate warning in the title.

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Just don't lick the box

By *nkforthekinkMan  over a year ago

london/fareham

Iv stopped takeaways all together since a week before the lockdown.

To much of a risk!

Every fast food takeaway shop still open that Iv seen can’t possibly comply with 2m distancing rule in the kitchens let alone shop! And none of the workers are wearing face masks! Only gloves if your lucky!

yey!!! ........

And for the record I did look on Google but I couldn't find anything on how the virus behaves on food specifically, just advice on how to deal with the packaging. Anyway if everyone found the answers to their questions online the fab forums would be empty.

Could you not just randomly drop stuff about eating disorders on people without warning? I never asked about that and nor did anyone else.

Because if you're a sufferer you should know that doing so can trigger those behaviours and thoughts in others.

I suggest you delete your response as its irresponsible and if you feel the need, start a new thread with an appropriate warning in the title. "

I mentioned it earlier in the thread and no one had a problem. You asked me a question and I replied honestly. Did you want me to lie? It's not my fault you don't like my reasoning. If it's that offensive you should have just left it alone in the first place. My OP was clearly not meant to cause inconvenience to anyone yet you for some reason took issue with it, even though there are all manner of things being discussed on the forums. I suggest we leave it here as you will no doubt take issue with anything further I have to say on the matter and also because this was meant to be an innocent thread about pizza that I had no intention of turning sour.

I’ve been craving a pizza from our local place, if I did I’d tip the pizza on to a plate ditch the box in the recycling, wash my hands then enjoy the Zah! I’m doing the same with beer boxes and any packaging supplied with food

By *ounty durham bbw coupleCouple  over a year ago

darlington

The virus would not survive the cooking process so its literally just the packaging which is the same risk with any package you have delivered

london/fareham

"The virus would not survive the cooking process so its literally just the packaging which is the same risk with any package you have delivered "

So what about the handling process after your food is cooked?? from the oven to packaging?

How do you know the inside of the packaging is clean? Handled correctly? To much of a risk.....

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

I’d love a takeaway but the only ones anywhere near here are all closed down.

By *ounty durham bbw coupleCouple  over a year ago

darlington

"The virus would not survive the cooking process so its literally just the packaging which is the same risk with any package you have delivered

So what about the handling process after your food is cooked?? from the oven to packaging?

How do you know the inside of the packaging is clean? Handled correctly? To much of a risk....wouldn'tsurviveon hot food heat wouldkillthe virusit is justthe outside of the packaging.

"

london/fareham

"The virus would not survive the cooking process so its literally just the packaging which is the same risk with any package you have delivered

How do you know the inside of the packaging is clean? Handled correctly? To much of a risk....wouldn'tsurviveon hot food heat wouldkillthe virusit is justthe outside of the packaging.

"

This is copied from health.com

Urvish Patel, MPH, medical advisor for eMediHealth, explains that many viruses in general are heat-sensitive, and coronaviruses in particular tend to survive for shorter periods of time at higher temperatures and higher levels of humidity than in cooler, dryer environments. Of course, because SARS-CoV-2 is so new, there's no current data or studies to establish a temperature-based cutoff for inactivation, but that it will likely act very similarly to other coronaviruses

Keep telling yourself takeaways are safe

Update: I just made my own damn pizza and it was actually 10x better than anything from the takeaway. Won't be stressing over this again anytime soon!

Life changing tip for anyone interested: infuse some olive oil with crushed garlic and brush over the crust when you take the pizza out of the oven. Seriously takes it to the next level!

Been ordering takeaways since the lockdown first came into force. No problems so far

Pizza for my birthday was EPIC.

But now I've broken my takeaway seal as it (having not had once sine January) I am craving Thai/Chinese.

"Been ordering takeaways since the lockdown first came into force. No problems so far "
here too. Once a week. But some people are taking precautions much further than others and I can see why they would worry.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Seriously ? Do people really think this or is it a joke?

"Are you washing all your food packaging in hot soapy water before you open them? If not then you are at the same risk as receiving take away food.

Yes I'm using antibacterial wipes to disinfect packaging"

I don't wish to elevate your anxiety but antibacterial wipes aren't going to help you. The virus is a virus, not a bacteria. Unless you're wiping things down with wipes containing at least 60% alcohol, you're wasting your time.

Dubai

Finally starting to realise why thick people always have coughs and colds

By *emma HoldenTV/TS  over a year ago

Ramsey

People went to restaurants in the past & sat at the table, unable to see inside the kitchen area as to what was going on.

People ordered takeaways & had them delivered or collected in person previously, without seeing who cooked them or what hygiene practices were observed. Did it bother you then?

OK Covid is very serious, but there's plenty more other things you can catch from poor hygiene too. Either trust the place to be doing their very best, or don't order any takeaways ever again.

Some are and some aren't, my local chippy and indian are open for takeaway, and are primarily offering delivery to people in isolation...

"Finally starting to realise why thick people always have coughs and colds "

Hang on yesterday you were enthusing about Dubai reopening and hoping for things getting back to normal. Today you are belittling someone for ordering a take away? So you wanting normal is okay but other people wanting it just leads to a snide comment about people being thick. Seems a little inconsistent to me

Dubai

No .... takeaways are absolutely fine , people just need to learn to wash their hands

"People went to restaurants in the past & sat at the table, unable to see inside the kitchen area as to what was going on.

People ordered takeaways & had them delivered or collected in person previously, without seeing who cooked them or what hygiene practices were observed. Did it bother you then?

OK Covid is very serious, but there's plenty more other things you can catch from poor hygiene too. Either trust the place to be doing their very best, or don't order any takeaways ever again."

This

We order a takeaway once every couple of weeks from our regular curry house which has a 5 star food hygene rating and well take the slight risk that comes with that. To be honest I want some normality and I want an occassional treat. I understand that for others that risk would be too high

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Take it out of the box throw away the box place pizza on a plate and zap in microwave for 30 seconds.

Boom virus free pizza.

"Finally starting to realise why thick people always have coughs and colds "

There's no need to be calling anyone thick. This is a legitimate, justifiable concern. I live with someone extremely vulnerable and so am entitled to feel the need to take further precautions. If you are comfortable taking certain risks then that's your choice, and I certainly wouldn't judge you for it nor call you thick.

"Is anyone still doing it? I'm really craving pizza but am scared about the risk of contamination

Take it out of the box throw away the box place pizza on a plate and zap in microwave for 30 seconds.

Boom virus free pizza."

Now I've found this recipe/technique for the ultimate pizza dough I don't think I'll be getting takeaway pizza at all, even after lockdown! wish I'd found it before I did all this stressing haha diy pizzas have not gone well for me in the past so didn't even think to make my own til today

By *layfulserfMan  over a year ago

Northolt

Boom virus free pizza.

Now I've found this recipe/technique for the ultimate pizza dough I don't think I'll be getting takeaway pizza at all, even after lockdown! wish I'd found it before I did all this stressing haha diy pizzas have not gone well for me in the past so didn't even think to make my own til today"

Sorry to read some of the negative comments on here. They were totally uncalled for.

Glad you have found a recipe thats just as good or even better than a takeaway. I bet your mind is awash with different combinations of toppings

in what way....

also my locals have started wearing gloves as well....

What if the driver doesn't wear gloves or sneezes/coughs near the packaging? No contact delivery doesn't really help that. "

the same could be said for all food out of a super market so u less your going to starve to death best stop worrying

By *ilver Fox 60Man  over a year ago

Southport

Cooking destroys all virus

Haven't had a takeaway for sometime, just been cooking

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

Just ordered two domino pizzas for tea.

Glasgow

"Just ordered two domino pizzas for tea. "

For yourself?!

By *hloevtTV/TS  over a year ago

norwich

Is this about the virus or is it just that your local takaway is a bit iffy with a one star rating?? X

By *oungcoup69Couple  over a year ago

South East

We've been ordering loads of them and we are still kicking haha!

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

My local chippy reopened on Saturday. They were only allowing one in the shop at a time, the queue was huge. I stood in it foe 30 minutes and it was worth it for some good old fish n chips!

"My local chippy reopened on Saturday. They were only allowing one in the shop at a time, the queue was huge. I stood in it foe 30 minutes and it was worth it for some good old fish n chips! "

Oooh yum! Been really craving chips lately but seems like such effort to make them and there isn't a decent chippy open in my area. Will have to make do with oven chips for now

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

"My local chippy reopened on Saturday. They were only allowing one in the shop at a time, the queue was huge. I stood in it foe 30 minutes and it was worth it for some good old fish n chips!

Oooh yum! Been really craving chips lately but seems like such effort to make them and there isn't a decent chippy open in my area. Will have to make do with oven chips for now "

I really don’t like oven chips so I’ve been making my own. It is an effort but so very worth it!

mansfield

I have just been past Domino's pizza and all the boxes are stacked up ready made where the customers stand leaning on them touching them then your pizza go straight in that don't think I'll bother

"I have just been past Domino's pizza and all the boxes are stacked up ready made where the customers stand leaning on them touching them then your pizza go straight in that don't think I'll bother"
customers arent allowed in the shop

mansfield

"I have just been past Domino's pizza and all the boxes are stacked up ready made where the customers stand leaning on them touching them then your pizza go straight in that don't think I'll bother customers arent allowed in the shop "

One at a time they was

[Removed by poster at 28/04/20 17:57:48]

"I have just been past Domino's pizza and all the boxes are stacked up ready made where the customers stand leaning on them touching them then your pizza go straight in that don't think I'll bother customers arent allowed in the shop

One at a time they was"

That's strange. From what I've seen on their website the ones near me are definitely closed for collection.

"I have just been past Domino's pizza and all the boxes are stacked up ready made where the customers stand leaning on them touching them then your pizza go straight in that don't think I'll bother customers arent allowed in the shop

One at a time they was"

oppss accidentally deleted my reply. Both of ours you can not go in to collect. Its online order only... and no collection

mansfield

Well if i am mistaken fair enough .

It must have been the drivers one in and one waiting outside.

The fact remains the boxes could be there quiet a while and your pizza goes straight in the box.

Still a no cant totaly trust it

» Add a new message to this topic