FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > No show meets

No show meets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *herryblossom_BJ OP   Woman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Obviously we talking about pre lockdown days... Please discuss if you had a no show meet (they didn't turn up) What their reasons were?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *outhman15Man  over a year ago

southampton

"Obviously we talking about pre lockdown days... Please discuss if you had a no show meet (they didn't turn up) What their reasons were? "

I have had a couple of no shows they were genuine timewasters profile was deleted when i tried to message them to find out why they didnt turn up

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Obviously we talking about pre lockdown days... Please discuss if you had a no show meet (they didn't turn up) What their reasons were? "

Met a chap in a club last year and had fun with him and my FWB. We swapped numbers that night and I kept in touch with him now and again. I also persuaded him to join Fab. So in January this year he asked me to meet for drinks and then possibly to a hotel, arrangements were made and I arrived at the meeting point, he did not turn up, never answered his phone or messaged me on Fab. Luckily I had not booked the hotel. Never heard why he did not turn up. I blocked all contact with him.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

One guy said he couldn’t find anywhere to park at the hotel we were at! Another guy suddenly forgot he had a christening to go to instead! Another guy decided that he couldn’t meet us both as he hadn’t had a few drinks and would be to nervous but he could come and meet the female half on his own straight away, err no thanks. The list goes on

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

So weird why people go to the trouble getting to know someone and ultimately wanting sex could just ghost someone

By *entlecaressMan  over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

Not had a lot of no shows but a couple that come to mind.

After a bit of messaging on here seemingly a nice guy and ideal for the lovely lady for a fwb connection. We had arranged to meet him in a pub no show no message after about 15 mins we left to carry on with our life. Sometime later that week looking at fab a veri popped up for him about a meet on the same day seems like we were stood up for a better offer. Heh ho his loss.

I had a meet planned with a couple after a fair amount of messaging and again seemingly trustworthy people we arranged a meet in a coffee shop with a view if we all got on to go further with an overnight stay, which I must admit I do like. So arriving in good time a text message appears running a bit late but will be there, ordering another drink about 30 mins later another text, just had a car crash with a picture of indeed a crashed car so we arranged another date. So with Google and reverse picture searching I find that the picture of the car in question was taken off the internet. An elaborate excuse and when I challenged them on that later in a message through fab everything went quiet.

Heh ho you can never tell can you both meets seemed honest and reliable people just shows you the wonderful world of fab mostly nice people but also a lot of idiots.

By *abarellaWoman  over a year ago

Warminster

It's one of the wonders of fab!

Everyone has the right to change their mind but could at least be honest about it.

By *ounty durham bbw coupleCouple  over a year ago

darlington

We have had meets postpone know us but meet always happened eventually and reason was genuine so been lucky so far

I'd aranged to meet a lady I'd been chatting with on here in a pub close to her place. It was a 20 mile drive for me,I turned up on time to what turned out to be a bit of a dump of a pub with sky sports & pop music playing at high volume. I bought a drink & sat & waited for over an hour at which point I gave up & went home. Got a message saying her other half wanted to chat & she got to the pub after I left. Wasn't happy.

Arranged to go and see a couple agreed time and they gave me a rough location, contacted them when I got near and they told me a road name and what bunch of masonettes to park outside ,parked up contacted again for number and they told me they were out ,2 weeks later they asked me again and I politely declined, also had a lady coming round and she asked for postcode so I sent it told me 5 minutes away . Then she blocked me

By *ikingpairCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

We've had a last minute excuse "got called in to work, emergency cover",m. He was coming here, so it didn't matter. When it happened again we stopped responding. We think that for some guys it's more about the chase than the meet, and when the time comes, the nerves get the better of them. That, or they can't think what to tell the wife they've not seen fit to mention ...

Mine didn't give a reason for not showing. Instead they proceeded to block me! Still don't know why to this day!

I have had it a couple of times and it is very annoying as if I say I will be there I will be.

The amount of no shows or stupid excuses we have heard is just unbelievable. I don’t even know what I’d say was the best one but we have had more no shows then meets.

Cambridge

"The amount of no shows or stupid excuses we have heard is just unbelievable. I don’t even know what I’d say was the best one but we have had more no shows then meets."

Have you considered upgrading your bullshit detector?

"We've had a last minute excuse "got called in to work, emergency cover",m. He was coming here, so it didn't matter. When it happened again we stopped responding. We think that for some guys it's more about the chase than the meet, and when the time comes, the nerves get the better of them. That, or they can't think what to tell the wife they've not seen fit to mention ...

"

Definitely this

We have come to the conclusion that a good proportion of the ‘single’ guys on here certainly are not! This is not to tar all the single guys on here as we know there are some genuinely single men on here

The most notorious category for no show is Single guys. We had over 21 no shows in our early days ,which out us off single guys completely.

By *aurus1987Man  over a year ago

York

I think one person has done that to me, but because my memory is awful, I can't remember who and when

Been lucky so far, none yet

Maybe they did show, saw you and ran away? I would always have that worry lol

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I was chatting to a guy on a dating site and being very naive had to google some of the sexual things we were talking about anyway he was a cross dresser and wanted feminised so he suggested I join fab which obviously I did

We were supposed to meet after he had dropped his daughter back at her mums so I was busy getting ready then text to say I was ready however no reply. An hour after we were due to meet he said he had fallen asleep and started giving lots of excuses, I am presuming he chickened out so I gave up on him and continued with fab

By *tickler2000Man  over a year ago

St Agnes

Have had a couple of occasions where couples have contacted to arrange a meet.

Every thing seems to be in order and Thunderbirds are go up until a couple of days prior then it's radio silence or "My wife is ill but I'll still be able to come."

I suspect there are an awful lot of couple profiles on here where the female is unaware she is into swinging.

I know that people say that if there's no verifications listed then they are fake but some of the best meets I've had have been with people without.

"One guy said he couldn’t find anywhere to park at the hotel we were at! Another guy suddenly forgot he had a christening to go to instead! Another guy decided that he couldn’t meet us both as he hadn’t had a few drinks and would be to nervous but he could come and meet the female half on his own straight away, err no thanks. The list goes on "

Then they're all fools, I defo wouldn't have let you down

By *tickler2000Man  over a year ago

St Agnes

"Maybe they did show, saw you and ran away? I would always have that worry lol"

Who in their right mind would run away from you?

"One guy said he couldn’t find anywhere to park at the hotel we were at! Another guy suddenly forgot he had a christening to go to instead! Another guy decided that he couldn’t meet us both as he hadn’t had a few drinks and would be to nervous but he could come and meet the female half on his own straight away, err no thanks. The list goes on

Then they're all fools, I defo wouldn't have let you down "

Always good to hear thanks

By *ecky and justCouple  over a year ago

Godalming

We had a meet cancel last minute before a social with the excuse that one of them had been caught at work.

To be honest, we expected it as they’d been flakey up to that point.

No contact since.

They didn't turn up

You would need to ask them why,we blocked them,life's too short to worry why some other people did or didn't do something

Cambridge

Not quite no show meets, and these events happened to a Fab friend of ours ...

First one was he went to a woman's house, they'd been chatting a while, and agreed to meet for the first time at hers. Apparently she looked a good 10 years older than her photos, house was a mess ... He went in, had a cup of tea, then said "I need to nip to the car, just remember I've left the condoms in there" ... And drove off!!

Second one, he'd met a single woman in a pub, the idea was to go back to hers if there was a connection ... They had come in their own cars, he agreed to follow her back to hers which meant going a few junctions up a motorway ... Changed his mind and took an earlier exit to go home!

I think these were in his early swinging days, now he meets for a social first to allow for a "cooling off" period

Dead or dying relatives is a staple on here

Pulled his back at work. But need up with someone else in Scotland for the weekend. He was married I hadn't a clue he was always at mine as his wife worked nights we had a child in the end

By *linyMan  over a year ago

Manchester/London

Chatted to a single female for a few days and arranged to meet up at the tube station to go to a bar first. I arrived and then she went silent, not answering texts or calls. No reasons given.

One guy didnt turn up at the hotel I had booked (silly me) . His phone was turned off, didn't reply to email.

Two weeks later he text me to say sorry he couldn't turn up, but he had locked himself inside his fridge the evening of the meeting. He went on to ask if I was still up for meeting him. Unbelievable

Leeds

On Boxing Day I was chatting to a guy, we arranged to meet the day after for a social, he was keen, we swapped numbers.

I would not normally meet so quick but we did seem to get on well.

The morning of the meet he text saying he may be called out to a job but would know later in the day.

At 4pm he text to say he had to go to the job as he was on call and cancelled me.

I responded saying not to arrange dates when on call, he responded very awkwardly saying he did not know he was on call and telling me to stop being critical.

What he didn’t know was I used to work for the same organisation years before and it was my job to set up the Xmas rota for three locations including his. The rota was done in July and there were 3 sets of Engineers on rota in case either of them were ill or had unexpected family issues and they all knew by August they were on the rota.

He was blocked!

Some people enjoy time wasting.

Last year I got chatting to a lady we spoke for a couple of weeks, we then arranged to meet but she wasn’t keen on me going to hers. I booked a hotel around the corner from her we continued chatting and arranged a time to meet up for a drink etc first. The day came, in the morning she said see you tonight, I got to hotel went to the bar she didn’t turn up I saw she was online so messaged she read it but didn’t reply. Needless to say she never turned up or replied again, completely wasted my time and money.

Cambridge

[Removed by poster at 27/05/20 10:03:33]

Cambridge

"One guy didnt turn up at the hotel I had booked (silly me) . His phone was turned off, didn't reply to email.

Two weeks later he text me to say sorry he couldn't turn up, but he had locked himself inside his fridge the evening of the meeting. He went on to ask if I was still up for meeting him. Unbelievable

"

Do you think he might have got cold feet? Sorry, just couldn't resist it ...

Had 2-3 no shows. No explanation, warning, or anything.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

The first meet i had on here stood me up. I was left standing in the rain waiting for 30mins before going home. He apologised 2days later saying he got cold feet. We were only going for a drink.

When we first started we booked a really nice hotel and for a guy to join us early evening for some mfm fun. He messaged to say he couldn't come because he'd had a wank and wasn't horny anymore lmao!! But not to worry as later in the evening we had arranged for a couple to join us for drinks and fun...We logged onto fab and found we were blocked so we had a great night fucking each other instead and learnt the important lesson that meeting people at parties/clubs is easier

"One guy didnt turn up at the hotel I had booked (silly me) . His phone was turned off, didn't reply to email.

"

I think you may be the winners...

"When we first started we booked a really nice hotel and for a guy to join us early evening for some mfm fun. He messaged to say he couldn't come because he'd had a wank and wasn't horny anymore lmao!! But not to worry as later in the evening we had arranged for a couple to join us for drinks and fun...We logged onto fab and found we were blocked so we had a great night fucking each other instead and learnt the important lesson that meeting people at parties/clubs is easier "

Similar to our first meet the guy said he couldn’t find anywhere to park! However we did manage to invite another guy to the hotel and had a lot of fun with him. We now tend to book a hotel just for some private time for us and if we happen to arrange a meet then that’s simply a bonus

By *idewillyMan  over a year ago

jersey

Ive been on the scene twenty years so you could say i have learnt the ropes ive never in all that time not turned up fir a meet although i have been messed around a few times in the past i once went to see a lady in eastbourne who i turned up at the door and it wasnt the person in the profile photos i had to make my excused the house stunk when she opened the door...that was the end of that ....i arranged to meet a couple in burnham on sea i kept in touch with them as i was traveling across to see them and had some things to do in the morning they gave me a postcode the tesco in burnham when i got there i found the address but had to ring for the house number and park at the top of the cul de sac so i did then messaged them...my reply was stop messing about your not in our road so i walked down the road i messaged them with all the workman van names in the cul de sac and any obvious things that would say i was in the road and i got abuse so i reported them..another time i was to meet a couple in a hotel with two other guys for a ladies fantasy so i turned up the smallest bar ever sizeof a cupboard two couples where there and two guys i figured out the couples were not swingers but i clocked one guy was so we kind of got chatting went outside abd sent messages to the couple we were to meet ...with no replies we waited an hour ...a nice guy too so we both reported them ..on fabs you can figure out whos genuine but it does have so many fake profiles and wannabes you have to filter through then but every now and again you get caught out

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

Never happened to us but close once. We were messaging a couple in group chat and getting really steamy on the day of the hotel meet. Then we noticed MR had left the chat and so I called her. She said he’s gone off one, saying she should meet us alone, and he’s not contactable now, she’s no idea where he is , phone going to answerphone. somethings upset him ( possibly me describing what I was going to do to her in the group chat). Tried to cancel the hotel couldn’t. Called her back , no news on him , just decided to call it a day., blocked them both on fab and WhatsApp

I'm really lucky in that I've never had a meet bail on me, and I've never no-showed either. That's probably jinxed it now!!

Anyone had the “ can you transfer £20 to me for a taxi fare” - I didn’t fall for it but I guess a few have.

I offered to pay for the cab in cash on arrival but that wasn’t an option needless to say there was no more contact

It takes all sorts

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

Our first time we were both very nervous, a bit green, had pre booked hotel, was a no show, named and shamed them on site, more the wiser we either arrange to meet at club now, so even if no show we can still find people to play with if meeting single guys out side of club husband will insist on social meet alone with them first, it s out time wasters

By *lthomasMan  over a year ago

Wolves

A couple were coming to my hotel, been arranged for 2 weeks, chatted by mail on the day several times, gave them all the info. They mailed at 8pm to say on the way. Then @ 8:45 messaged me to say clutch cable on the car had snapped.

They then blocked me and never replied to a single message. Strange people

By *anshee99Woman  over a year ago

nw

He had a nap in front of the fire and it melted his false leg so his prosthetic foot wouldnt fit in his shoe.

No joke.

By *uHorny1Man  over a year ago

Cannock

"One guy said he couldn’t find anywhere to park at the hotel we were at! Another guy suddenly forgot he had a christening to go to instead! Another guy decided that he couldn’t meet us both as he hadn’t had a few drinks and would be to nervous but he could come and meet the female half on his own straight away, err no thanks. The list goes on "

Sound like excuses that Dominic Cummings would be proud of...

Seriously? Mamma mia! With lady like this???

Amazing body darling!!

"One guy said he couldn’t find anywhere to park at the hotel we were at! Another guy suddenly forgot he had a christening to go to instead! Another guy decided that he couldn’t meet us both as he hadn’t had a few drinks and would be to nervous but he could come and meet the female half on his own straight away, err no thanks. The list goes on

Sound like excuses that Dominic Cummings would be proud of..."

Haha love it

Seriously? Mamma mia! With lady like this???

Amazing body darling!! "

Well it’s their loss not ours

By *rchie_pMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Lol I need to get a meet first

Yes we’ve had three single males failed to turn up , hence why we Now borrow a husband .excuses ranged from car accident to mother just died

I was stood up three times in a fortnight a while ago. By verified members who’d swapped numbers and who I’d had conversations with.

No rhyme or reason given by any of them

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

Their 4x4 monster truck broke down on the way from Durham to London. That was the actual 'explanation' given.

"He had a nap in front of the fire and it melted his false leg so his prosthetic foot wouldnt fit in his shoe.

No joke. "

This reply deserves more attention lol.

Leeds

I had a another guy after chatting a couple of weeks we arranged a social, he said he was going to return from Nottingham and meet me on the way home. At 5pm, 2 hours before the meet he cancelled. When I said he had used all his chances he admitted he was surprised at that and that he could not have been arsed to meet me and assumed because of my age and size I was a sure bet to meet any time he wanted. He was blocked immediately!

The three cases I have given today have put me off meeting Fab guys!

By *entlecaressMan  over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

"I had a another guy after chatting a couple of weeks we arranged a social, he said he was going to return from Nottingham and meet me on the way home. At 5pm, 2 hours before the meet he cancelled. When I said he had used all his chances he admitted he was surprised at that and that he could not have been arsed to meet me and assumed because of my age and size I was a sure bet to meet any time he wanted. He was blocked immediately!

The three cases I have given today have put me off meeting Fab guys! "

Some of us are nice social and respectful honest

By *eatSeekersCouple  over a year ago

Caterham

Very interesting thread this.....

In our early days, we had occasional mail with a verified couple who lived a couple of hours away.

It appeared we were getting on fine and they would love to meet us. We decided to visit their area and booked a hotel for the Saturday night, for drinks and hopefully fun.

We exchanged txts and mails and all

Was good. Then we decided to book the Friday night and make a weekend away.

So Friday night we are in hotel, they message to ask if we want to meet that night.

We were free and replied yes....let’s do it!

Never heard again! We mailed, txt and called....

Absolute time wasters.......then middle of following week we get a mail..... what you up to this weekend........ unbelievable

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"The most notorious category for no show is Single guys. We had over 21 no shows in our early days ,which out us off single guys completely.

"

Most or nearly all my arranged fab meets in the past has ended up no show, ghosting apart from one which was pretty awful...just wondered if it's my bad taste in men or just fab for you? I get better response from vanilla dating sites than I do here. All talk and no action. but glad to hear I am not to only one to be given the runaround.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"Very interesting thread this.....

In our early days, we had occasional mail with a verified couple who lived a couple of hours away.

It appeared we were getting on fine and they would love to meet us. We decided to visit their area and booked a hotel for the Saturday night, for drinks and hopefully fun.

We exchanged txts and mails and all

Was good. Then we decided to book the Friday night and make a weekend away.

So Friday night we are in hotel, they message to ask if we want to meet that night.

We were free and replied yes....let’s do it!

Never heard again! We mailed, txt and called....

Absolute time wasters.......then middle of following week we get a mail..... what you up to this weekend........ unbelievable "

that's really awful that you spent money and they wasted your time then acted like they didn't do anything wrong. but yes that's pretty much the behaviour I get too. 6 months later contact me acting all ok.

No way anybody stood you up and if they did then its cos they are gay hahaha

York

"He had a nap in front of the fire and it melted his false leg so his prosthetic foot wouldnt fit in his shoe.

No joke. "

Lol

York

"I had a another guy after chatting a couple of weeks we arranged a social, he said he was going to return from Nottingham and meet me on the way home. At 5pm, 2 hours before the meet he cancelled. When I said he had used all his chances he admitted he was surprised at that and that he could not have been arsed to meet me and assumed because of my age and size I was a sure bet to meet any time he wanted. He was blocked immediately!

Some men are just brain dead

By *ishopstippleMan  over a year ago

Purley

Prior to lockdown I had given up with meets apart from in clubs. The last ome planned was at at a hotel i was outside ghosted for 3hours. so just blocked Luckly it was outside Abfabs so when there instead. So club meets, well 75% failure rate on that one as well.

Not sure what I will do afterlockdown is lifted before clubs are reopened. Interesting times! what are others planning?

By *ishopstippleMan  over a year ago

Purley

[Removed by poster at 27/05/20 23:26:58]

By *ig Chris75Man  over a year ago

Sandbach

I've had a couple of no shows - worst one was where I'd booked a hotel and then they just went completely silent on me...

Had been chatting for a few days prior with both him and her - then nothing...

They're still on here too... We need a " no show" reporting button..

By *olin LingusMan  over a year ago

west mids

Been here a while and have been ghosted 3 times in my time here before the current situation...messaging back and forth fine and then nothing and find myself blocked.

I am nothing but polite, honest and do not go too far and always respectful of boundaries.

Most recent was today after striking up what I thought was a decent rapport with a likeminded lady from the weekend, she wanted to move conversation to Kik and thought we were getting along like a house on fire.

No rhyme or reason... Hell; even if just to say not for me or having second thoughts, etc, I would understand.

But to find you're just suddenly blocked pisses me off as manners and respect costs nothing...incidentally I can see she is still online on the site now from last message exchanged.

"I'm really lucky in that I've never had a meet bail on me, and I've never no-showed either. That's probably jinxed it now!!"

I was afraid to say for this very reason. If it happens to me now im blaming you!! Haha

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"Obviously we talking about pre lockdown days... Please discuss if you had a no show meet (they didn't turn up) What their reasons were?

No way anybody stood you up and if they did then its cos they are gay hahaha "

No idea wouldn't be able to chat to gay men because i don't have a dick i actually find some gay men very attractive. Maybe they have a better reliability track record

This is my ultimate fear! That's why I have an obsession with my photos being up to date haha! No catfishing over here! Peach x

jersey

Problem is too many wannabe wanking guys spoiling it for the genuine guys or guys having couples profiles really dont get why they do that and how they get a kick of leading people astray should be better vetting on fab to get rid of the fake profiles and stop this from happening but its not just single guys couples and ladies can mess the guys about too ..... if you arrange to meet up and if you click great if you dont you can always say sorry but no...or dont arrange a meet ...its not polite or good to mess people about ...its about having manors or if you get the nerves tell the other parties im sure they could put you at ease

By *isser36Man  over a year ago

fylde Coast

Chatted to a woman for ages, even spoke on the phone, arranged for me to travel up to meet her, she lived in York so it's probably a hour or two drive for me, set off early in the morning to beat traffic and avoid any fuck ups so got most of the way there and stopped into a service station for a brew and hang out for abit until heading to hers, rang her.. No answer.. Left it a bit rang again... No answer... Tx her what's happening am nearly there? Says she's busy give her an hour.. Hour later called.. no answer so now am thinking wtf going on here, tx her again.. Sorry busy give me an hour.. Anyway 4 hr later sat in service station no word from her no reply to tx and to top it off unbeknown to me I've now got A £60 fine for being in the service station too long!! Suffice to say I was fuming!

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"Problem is too many wannabe wanking guys spoiling it for the genuine guys or guys having couples profiles really dont get why they do that and how they get a kick of leading people astray should be better vetting on fab to get rid of the fake profiles and stop this from happening but its not just single guys couples and ladies can mess the guys about too ..... if you arrange to meet up and if you click great if you dont you can always say sorry but no...or dont arrange a meet ...its not polite or good to mess people about ...its about having manors or if you get the nerves tell the other parties im sure they could put you at ease"

How can you really tell the difference? So far, I'm really nervous who i wana meet now

jersey

I once ment to meet a lady and we had a great time together and while we were together we both got a message a very strange one the person knew i was with her this really put the shits up the meet and the lady so i said to her who have you been with or chatted to recently and i figured out that another lady who i had been speaking to and was up for meeting up was a guy and the guy the lady i was with had already met so we took a drive i knew that both messages we received had the same language pattern so i knew it was her ex meet anyway we drive past his house then i messaged him saying i knew where he lived i knew where he worked a high profile job and if he ever got in contact with this lady again or gave her abuse there would be major trouble...we never heard again from him and he left the site....good...a creep....and we had a very nice rest of the afternoon together playing getting into gears with my cock as a gear stick reverse is the best...just be careful and suss out profiles theres alot of tell tale signs check veris etc i only go with people who have genuine meets

Not going to lie to you all, I have done this!

Met someone In a pub, they said they were going to the toilet, at which opportunity I ran to the nearest tube station

Not my proudest moment but learnt no matter how nice the pics maybe, they should always include a face pic

"The first meet i had on here stood me up. I was left standing in the rain waiting for 30mins before going home. He apologised 2days later saying he got cold feet. We were only going for a drink. "

Did you offer to warm them up for him?

By *amesnplanesMan  over a year ago

Leeds, Dublin, Helsinki

My funny no show came from a new couple. I'd suggested that we all hook up at Quest club in Leeds, as its a great venue.

Surprise surprise, by the time midnight came and went that evening, I then discovered their profile had magically deleted its self!

And here comes Karma.

Driving hone at 2.30am, I get a message in fabs inviting me to a very posh hotel for some "cum and go" fun. Naturally I parked the car and obliged some 10 mins later as it was on the route home. Crazy fun wild morning in that hotel room and it goes to show, karma is something to be considered.

By *uggiedMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Nerves or double booking

By *osco78Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

Had a couple raring for a meet ,every few hours asking if I fancied it , I thought they were a bit over keen but I was around there area anyway so I thought why not ,went to the agredd pub,waited a hour and nothing ,got a message they had decided to look for women instead....block and move on

I don't know how people can do that without giving an explanation. I would never set anyone up like that.

I once travelled to meet someone and when I got to the location, I text her and she didn't know who I was I guess she must of been chatting with a lot of guys at the same time.

I've had a few... I actually had a turn up, see me and run guy when I was a lot younger. Not good for the self esteem!

A few years ago, I was on here and started chatting to a guy one evening, we seemed to get on well and we were both horny so I asked if he wanted to come over. 'Oh yes,' he said, 'I'll be there in 30 minutes... just calling a taxi now..." next thing I know, Blocked! And strangely he had been on here for a while and had several recent verifications from women and couples so he obviously wasn't a total timewaster to everyone.

Yeah had a few go quiet as you are driving to the meet and then block you

Also had a house number that didn't exist think it was 30 and it stopped at 26 so they must have been close by to know it didn't exist

By *winfrozrMan  over a year ago

Carnoustie

Had a no show my first meet.

Travelled all the way across to the other side of the city and no answer at the address they gave despite answering texts up until 2 minutes before I got there

By *ormalguy71Man  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

And guys wonder why it’s so hard to get a meet on here lol.

The oh but I’m genuine, as if they would say no I’m a fake and will not meet lol.

Not had any myself but had one or bad meets

"Chatted to a woman for ages, even spoke on the phone, arranged for me to travel up to meet her, she lived in York so it's probably a hour or two drive for me, set off early in the morning to beat traffic and avoid any fuck ups so got most of the way there and stopped into a service station for a brew and hang out for abit until heading to hers, rang her.. No answer.. Left it a bit rang again... No answer... Tx her what's happening am nearly there? Says she's busy give her an hour.. Hour later called.. no answer so now am thinking wtf going on here, tx her again.. Sorry busy give me an hour.. Anyway 4 hr later sat in service station no word from her no reply to tx and to top it off unbeknown to me I've now got A £60 fine for being in the service station too long!! Suffice to say I was fuming! "

That's awful..

By *oneyBear100Couple  over a year ago

Gatwick area

We've only had no shows from single guys and only ever one couple thankfully. That's why the Mrs says she'll offer me up like a lamb to the slaughter if wanted, lol. At least the other couple/lady knows its above board and the spouse actually approves!

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

I never understood no shows and going to all that effort. why waste the time?

By *nexpectedGentlemanMan  over a year ago

london/ taplow

Most are all talk get them selves all horny then realise it's real and bottle it so disappear x

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"I never understood no shows and going to all that effort. why waste the time? "

Ego boost only. I hear women on vanilla sites do just this.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"We've only had no shows from single guys and only ever one couple thankfully. That's why the Mrs says she'll offer me up like a lamb to the slaughter if wanted, lol. At least the other couple/lady knows its above board and the spouse actually approves! "

Yes the common theme with single men...

By *nexpectedGentlemanMan  over a year ago

london/ taplow

"We've only had no shows from single guys and only ever one couple thankfully. That's why the Mrs says she'll offer me up like a lamb to the slaughter if wanted, lol. At least the other couple/lady knows its above board and the spouse actually approves!

Yes the common theme with single men... "

Not all, and I've had this done by PLENTzy of couples

By *lli_sissyTV/TS  over a year ago

Cambridge

i had one, he was staying at a local hotel, good convo on messages, verified... seemed legit.

Things got weird as i got nearby, suddenly stopped chatting on IM, changed to fab, he says he's there... then bang, blocked.

Wondered if he'd seen me and done a runner, but i never saw someone matching his photos and wasn't in easy view of the hotel...

Reported at the time, luckily just my time wasted... but yeah, really annoying that people can't at least say, 'sorry, got cold feet'.

"Dead or dying relatives is a staple on here"

Yup I've had that..

Funnily enough his wife told me he had a curfew anyway.. A few days before.. I had already met her husband then boom..

He had a dead relative..

She'd forgotten to unfriend me on fab and was boasting about going to a club a few days later..

My friends were going that same club and confirmed they were there and she was up her arse and no one played with them.. Lol

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

The first four meets I arranged in here were no-shows.

One blocked me when I was on my way, one vanished the morning of the meet never to be seen again, one said his phone had died (although I was sitting in the bar we'd agreed at the time agreed) and the fourth one I just blocked when he didn't turn up.

I've not had this issue anything like as often on other sites, with one notable exception. A year or two ago a guy came round once and we had some fun, he messaged me to meet up again and we arranged to meet one afternoon.

When it got to 90 minutes after the time agreed I messaged to say I assumed something had come up, he made a (frankly lousy) excuse.

I signed up here and within a few days he was messaging me trying to meet up. When I said he'd stood me up on the other side he argued that he hadn't, which really made me laugh!

I always assume now that the guy won't turn up. I meet in a bar I like, where I'm perfectly happy to sit on my own with a glass of wine and something good on my kindle, or in a coffee shop I like so at least I have a nice cuppa from the evening!

I've had some no shows during my time on Fab, like most of us. One couple, they messaged me very shortly after I joined, and were very keen on meeting asap. We arranged to meet the following weekend. A couple hours before the meet I got a message that he fell off a ladder and broke his clavicle (poor guy!) and she can't drive. To this day I don't know whether it was an excuse or real, but my gut was telling me something was off.

Another one - single male this time. I was staying at my friend's and we wanted someone else to join us, for some fun. This particular guy was very keen, even kept updating us on his way over whenever he could. There must have been a lot of traffic, however, as he hasn't made it to this day (that was about 2-3 years ago).

The ones that are the most annoying are those who you have met, arranged to meet again, and then they decided they didn't feel like meeting but forgot to tell you. And then, when they message you again a few weeks/months later, trying to get back in your good books, they get surprised when you tell them you're no longer interested

By *astmidlandscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

We had a no show social - all was fine up until the night - lots of messages saying "really looking forward to it" etc, we texted as we left, he replied "Ok see you soon", we texted from the bus, " great, on my way", we texted again from the bar, "nearly there", but then the silence started. Further texts, no response. Decided to stay out and make a night of it anyway, but did message him on Fab the next day to ask what happened and if he was ok... and he'd blocked us! Not long after, he deleted his account. We learned a lot from that incident

By *exyfuncouple-40Couple  over a year ago

Bloxham

We had booked hotel for 4 some couple kept messaging running late etc , then said stuck in traffic on m3 still coming then said we turning round as traffic not moving . We was looking at google maps at m3 no traffic nothing . We didn’t waste hotel had a good session then left

"We've had a last minute excuse "got called in to work, emergency cover",m. He was coming here, so it didn't matter. When it happened again we stopped responding. We think that for some guys it's more about the chase than the meet, and when the time comes, the nerves get the better of them. That, or they can't think what to tell the wife they've not seen fit to mention ...

"

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Do you think it's because they got a "better offer" or didn't like the sound of the conversation leading up to the meet?

By *r_N_MrsCumslutCouple  over a year ago

Dartford

Standard one we get sorry I feel asleep then nothing after that

York

"I've had some no shows during my time on Fab, like most of us. One couple, they messaged me very shortly after I joined, and were very keen on meeting asap. We arranged to meet the following weekend. A couple hours before the meet I got a message that he fell off a ladder and broke his clavicle (poor guy!) and she can't drive. To this day I don't know whether it was an excuse or real, but my gut was telling me something was off.

Another one - single male this time. I was staying at my friend's and we wanted someone else to join us, for some fun. This particular guy was very keen, even kept updating us on his way over whenever he could. There must have been a lot of traffic, however, as he hasn't made it to this day (that was about 2-3 years ago).

The ones that are the most annoying are those who you have met, arranged to meet again, and then they decided they didn't feel like meeting but forgot to tell you. And then, when they message you again a few weeks/months later, trying to get back in your good books, they get surprised when you tell them you're no longer interested "

York

If I ain't going to make a meet, I would say, before arranging one. It's not nice at all and puts all of us on edge, well most anyway, especially when it knocks confidence levels

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

"I never understood no shows and going to all that effort. why waste the time?

Ego boost only. I hear women on vanilla sites do just this. "

Ironically that’s what’s happening to me right now in one conversation I’m having

By *exyfuncouple74Couple  over a year ago

Eastbourne

We thought the opportunity for a single guy to join a willing couple with almost guaranteed sex on offer would be grasped with both hands.

Unfortunately we can't believe the number of single guy no-shows we've experienced. Seems to be plenty of fantasists on here.

Genuinely reliable Sussex guys get in touch!

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

[Removed by poster at 29/05/20 05:02:04]

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"If I ain't going to make a meet, I would say, before arranging one. It's not nice at all and puts all of us on edge, well most anyway, especially when it knocks confidence levels "

Exactly.. To me it is such bad karma ghosting people. I feel like I can't trust anyone, even if they have verifications and make out they love to meet etc one guy told me it was because he found a girlfriend. What in the two days before our meet? Is that even possible?? He told me this 7 months later why he ghost me

By *OXO2018Couple  over a year ago

Norfolk

This is the reason we only meet at clubs as we had to many no shows.

We don't get a lot of play time so don't like wasting it.

We've had no shows and worst case, a few unlos. Our first ever planned meet was an unlos. That was a kick in the arse for out confidence.. Best excuse we heard was he didn't want to turn up as he'd realised we were a goth couple and assumed we were going to hurt him....

I had a bizarre one prior to lockdown... still can't figure it out.

Very short story I met a guy online and we seemed to get on really well, we met up and had sex several times over the period of a couple of months. Then one day we had a meet arranged, I messaged him to see when he was coming over, then checked for a response about an hour later and he had just blocked me!! No warning, no explanation, no 'I've changed my mind, sorry' just blocked.

I was really confused, and a little hurt if I'm honest. Very odd.

"I had a bizarre one prior to lockdown... still can't figure it out.

Very short story I met a guy online and we seemed to get on really well, we met up and had sex several times over the period of a couple of months. Then one day we had a meet arranged, I messaged him to see when he was coming over, then checked for a response about an hour later and he had just blocked me!! No warning, no explanation, no 'I've changed my mind, sorry' just blocked.

I was really confused, and a little hurt if I'm honest. Very odd. "

Some people have no feelings for anyone else but themselves. I don't know how they can be like that, I couldn't do it to anyone.

I've had meets where it's gone well. Not just on a sexual level but on a personal friendly level. No awkwardness. No boundaries crossed. Get home. Blocked

I was really confused, and a little hurt if I'm honest. Very odd.

Some people have no feelings for anyone else but themselves. I don't know how they can be like that, I couldn't do it to anyone. "

Me neither. I mean, I get that people change their minds, or maybe their circumstances change... but it's really not hard to just say "Sorry but I've changed my mind".

I really don't know why people find that so hard to do.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I was really confused, and a little hurt if I'm honest. Very odd. "

breaks my heart people acting so disrespectfully. You made an connection. He should been man about the change of mind or situation

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"We've had no shows and worst case, a few unlos. Our first ever planned meet was an unlos. That was a kick in the arse for out confidence.. Best excuse we heard was he didn't want to turn up as he'd realised we were a goth couple and assumed we were going to hurt him.... "

What is a unlos?

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

I've read the whole thread, thanks for sharing stories, very informative, some of you have been treated terribly. Maybe messaging for longer before meeting might help avoid no shows and definitely a social first? Our only disappointment so far was booking a hotel a few hours away, near a couples home, having been chatting to him for weeks and being assured that "mrs couldnt wait to meet us". When they arrive, he is d*unk and she is clearly doing him a favour, she didn't even know our names, had no interest from the start and stood up after an hour of chat, announcing "we're going home now" and off they went. He texts us the next day saying what a pity there was no 'spark' and asking if we'd be up for an MMF

By *ilkyladyWoman  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

Years ago, I arranged to meet a guy and very, very close to the meet time he said he couldn't come as he'd just broken his leg. I said oh dear, ok. Then a week later the guy message me about a meet and he was that stupid that he'd forgotten his lie/not realised who he'd lied to. I strung him along a bit and then asked, btw - how is the broken leg? He stopped talking to me, wonder why?

By *ilkyladyWoman  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

Omg, I would have been fuming! What an 4rse he was. I dropped a regular swing meet guy cos he was starting to cancel rather too regularly for my liking.

York

"

"If I ain't going to make a meet, I would say, before arranging one. It's not nice at all and puts all of us on edge, well most anyway, especially when it knocks confidence levels "

Exactly.. To me it is such bad karma ghosting people. I feel like I can't trust anyone, even if they have verifications and make out they love to meet etc one guy told me it was because he found a girlfriend. What in the two days before our meet? Is that even possible?? He told me this 7 months later why he ghost me "

Bullshit did he, move on, forget, end of

On here or otherwise had many reasons given for no shows

mobile ran out of battery so could not find the address to get there - though was online

mobile ran out of battery so could not send message to see if i was at the pub

arrived at street in taxi- did not like look of street so headed home

Would be interesting to hear it from the other side of the coin as to why people can be so abrupt, untruthful, cold etc, unlikely as that would be for fear of becoming a fab social pariah. Anyone feel brave or wish to unburden their guilt??

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

stockport

One couple said ‘oh sorry we forgot we’d arranged a social’ Yeh right

But mainly guys, some don’t even give excuses others just supply bull...:

"I've read the whole thread, thanks for sharing stories, very informative, some of you have been treated terribly. Maybe messaging for longer before meeting might help avoid no shows and definitely a social first? Our only disappointment so far was booking a hotel a few hours away, near a couples home, having been chatting to him for weeks and being assured that "mrs couldnt wait to meet us". When they arrive, he is d*unk and she is clearly doing him a favour, she didn't even know our names, had no interest from the start and stood up after an hour of chat, announcing "we're going home now" and off they went. He texts us the next day saying what a pity there was no 'spark' and asking if we'd be up for an MMF "

No offence, but the synic in me thinks you have been had! A single guy hiring an escort for an hour to get a way in.

Sad times

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

"I've read the whole thread, thanks for sharing stories, very informative, some of you have been treated terribly. Maybe messaging for longer before meeting might help avoid no shows and definitely a social first? Our only disappointment so far was booking a hotel a few hours away, near a couples home, having been chatting to him for weeks and being assured that "mrs couldnt wait to meet us". When they arrive, he is d*unk and she is clearly doing him a favour, she didn't even know our names, had no interest from the start and stood up after an hour of chat, announcing "we're going home now" and off they went. He texts us the next day saying what a pity there was no 'spark' and asking if we'd be up for an MMF

No offence, but the synic in me thinks you have been had! A single guy hiring an escort for an hour to get a way in.

Sad times

"

No, she was his wife alright, they're very well known on the scene actually

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Don't people worry about being reported on fab for no show?

By *ollycouple71Couple  over a year ago

manchester

No joke. "

York

"Don't people worry about being reported on fab for no show? "

Obviously not

Leeds

"Don't people worry about being reported on fab for no show?

Obviously not"

It’s really shocking what goes on in people’s minds !!’

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

Had a few disappointments over the years. But the latest was just for a social with a non member lady friend. All very keen and then on the day wouldn't give me a number"I keep this side of my life private!" Then an hour or so before the proposed time suddenly goes silent,(although still showing on line?) Fortunately I messaged a couple of local guys hopefully expecting at least one to turn up? As luck would have it we were running late,fortunately for me by the time we got there, to my surprise both guys were there!My friend was extremely impressed and we subsequently arranged a play meet with one. Both were absolute gents and my friends chosen meet turned up for our meet with a drink and chocolate! Again impressing my lady friend immensely. We had a great evening and the whole thing gave my friend the confidence to carry on.

The moral being. There are a lot of idiots but there are also some really nice genuine guys so do your best to check them out and keep the faith?

Good luck all

By *enlandsoulmatesCouple  over a year ago

Spalding

Never really had a no show, but have heard just about every excuse or line going several times when we first joined.

so like to think that we can spot genuine members in amongst the 1,000’s of fakes on here.

We never respond to new profiles who are :-

not a site supporters without verifications

Has no photos

Vague profiles

Has no verifications

That seems to serve us well

"My cat died"

Spalding

Sound like excuses that Dominic Cummings would be proud of..."

Why quote that? Let’s keep politics out of it yeah?

Spalding

"I've had a couple of no shows - worst one was where I'd booked a hotel and then they just went completely silent on me...

Had been chatting for a few days prior with both him and her - then nothing...

They're still on here too... We need a " no show" reporting button.."

True, but sadly fab admin will suspend your accounts or stop you posting for a time if you name and shame on here.

By *r and Mrs J - 2018Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

We had two ‘deaths’ on the same day (?!)

Meet 1 - His dad died along the way to our house, he contacted us 7.58pm for an 8.00pm meet saying that he was literally around the corner when he got the ‘devastating news’. Called his bluff (as there were a lot ‘discrepancies’ in his replies) and he got super aggressive and abusive. Found out later he was a FAB troll who got a kick out of doing this to genuine Fabbers and was a repeated ‘new account’ offender.

Arranged plan B for an hour later and lo-and-behold his son had died along the way to ours too...

There must have been some serious bad luck on that day

Another social meet, we’d been talking for a while and he claimed he was in our local whilst we were in there waiting and then left “as we were a no show”...he would have had to walk inches right past our table (and you can’t miss me!) and then claimed he was driving back home as he was sending us very long and detailed messages... Mr J pulled him up on that one and funnily enough the replies stopped too.

York

"We had two ‘deaths’ on the same day (?!)

Meet 1 - His dad died along the way to our house, he contacted us 7.58pm for an 8.00pm meet saying that he was literally around the corner when he got the ‘devastating news’. Called his bluff (as there were a lot ‘discrepancies’ in his replies) and he got super aggressive and abusive. Found out later he was a FAB troll who got a kick out of doing this to genuine Fabbers and was a repeated ‘new account’ offender.

Arranged plan B for an hour later and lo-and-behold his son had died along the way to ours too...

There must have been some serious bad luck on that day

Another social meet, we’d been talking for a while and he claimed he was in our local whilst we were in there waiting and then left “as we were a no show”...he would have had to walk inches right past our table (and you can’t miss me!) and then claimed he was driving back home as he was sending us very long and detailed messages... Mr J pulled him up on that one and funnily enough the replies stopped too.

"

» Add a new message to this topic