FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Text speak

Text speak

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *herryblossom_BJ OP   Woman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Do you talk similar to how to text write on here? I don't think I do too much. Think I'm less blunt and harsh in person. Well, that's what my mum and friends say

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *urpees_and_wineCouple  over a year ago

Hove

We write messages pretty much as we would speak to someone face to face. We like to be written to in same way. Short, curt messages or text speak really puts us off. And that’s before we get started on grammar......

But each to their own. It would be a boring beige world if were all the same with identical tastes and likes

Have fun x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yep! I write pretty much how I talk, only slower

By *angOnBunnyCouple  over a year ago

Ipswich

Don't do txt spk and have always written properly. However, the language varies depending upon the situation

BangOn works in the Netherlands though, so has become quite straight forward and very blunt at times, not in a bad way though

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"Don't do txt spk and have always written properly. However, the language varies depending upon the situation

BangOn works in the Netherlands though, so has become quite straight forward and very blunt at times, not in a bad way though"

I get quite alot of messages from people and because alot of the time, chatting to people leads to dead end situations; I tend to be very short, blunt, to the point texter. In real life, people say I'm very friendly, jokey and easy going type. just don't think my online persona portrays that with the people I speak to on here. I found being nice and friendly doesn't make it easier, sometimes really difficult and challenging

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

In my opinion, text speak is the lazy option. It might be considered "cool" in some situations or within some age groups, but you shouldn't be using it while trying to get a conversation going online. To me, it feels like the person either can't be bothered to have a proper conversation or they are worried their bill would be enormous if they had to pay for every single letter they type

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"In my opinion, text speak is the lazy option. It might be considered "cool" in some situations or within some age groups, but you shouldn't be using it while trying to get a conversation going online. To me, it feels like the person either can't be bothered to have a proper conversation or they are worried their bill would be enormous if they had to pay for every single letter they type "

text speak as how you write your conversation online, not the short hand writing like m8, dw, wyu... eek I don't get all that stuff. But would I talk the same way as I write? Not necessarily. I definitely write in a blunt manner online

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Never have and never will we use text speak..

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

Don't really need to use text talk with modern smartphones never been a fan even when we had to tap the keys to type.

» Add a new message to this topic