FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Do nice guys finish last?

Do nice guys finish last?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *attman23 OP   Man  over a year ago

Wath

I've been on this site a while now and I've messaged a number of people couples and single females alike. Im alway polite, I make an effort to actually read their profile and in my message which is not a one liner I make it relevant to their profile too. I'm not dilusional I know I'm not a model or have movie star good looks but I don't think I'm that bad looking, I just don't seem to get anywhere the only message I've recieved is off a lady who was kind enough to let me know she was no longer meeting,

what I'm I doing wrong?

Do nice guys actually finish last?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eet_the_spartanMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"I've been on this site a while now and I've messaged a number of people couples and single females alike. Im alway polite, I make an effort to actually read their profile and in my message which is not a one liner I make it relevant to their profile too. I'm not dilusional I know I'm not a model or have movie star good looks but I don't think I'm that bad looking, I just don't seem to get anywhere the only message I've recieved is off a lady who was kind enough to let me know she was no longer meeting,

what I'm I doing wrong?

Do nice guys actually finish last?"

A lot of guys are on here for a lot longer than 5 weeks without a meet. There are a lot more guys than girls on here so getting seen at all is most people's issue. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll meet someone nice eventually.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This is like a war zone. Don't feel sorry for yourself or give up

It is about a bit of luck

No matter how nice and polite you are, it may take time before a nice lady or a couple find you. For sure it will come.

In the mean time keep looking when you go out

Five weeks, seriously!!!? I don't want to sound harsh but Rome wasn't built in a day?

"Five weeks, seriously!!!? I don't want to sound harsh but Rome wasn't built in a day? "

Lmao

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I always read the profile before reading the message.

Leaving aside your age and the fact you can't accommodate, heavily tattooed doesn't appeal to everyone. Also there's no information on your profile regarding the type of people you're looking for and what you bring to the party.

No one has time to play 20 questions with you, they'll just click to the next profile...and there are thousands to choose from.

Make an effort!

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

i will disgree....ok you have to be assertive in the scene but being nice does get you places ......

i am not that assertive never have been, but I am nice. I am still in contact with a lot of people i have played with over the last 8 years socially....

first remove the sydney bit off your profile as it dont meen bugger all and it has nor info about not using your profile pics than your profile its self and then put somthing about your self have a look at other guys profiles to give you idears what to put

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

"Five weeks, seriously!!!? I don't want to sound harsh but Rome wasn't built in a day? "

True, It even took God himself 6 days to build the world....

Your profile is uninteresting.

This is probably why people aren't replying...you need to stand out and right now, you don't.

yeah i think you could do with more writen on your profile, they isnt much there.

and you say your heavily tattoed, maybe some photos with your top off or something to show them will help you, as plenty of people do like them, but not seeing them leaves quite alot to the unknown.

nice guys dont finish last at all, im one and done alright on here so just keep plugging away and if you struggling look at other guys who been successfull and see what things you can do to improove your profile

Personally Id be put off by the fact the sydney disclaimer is longer than your profile content, no explanation of why you cant accomodate and would you really meet a 90 year old?

Your profile if your selling point take time to make it work

"I've been on this site a while now and I've messaged a number of people couples and single females alike. Im alway polite, I make an effort to actually read their profile and in my message which is not a one liner I make it relevant to their profile too. I'm not dilusional I know I'm not a model or have movie star good looks but I don't think I'm that bad looking, I just don't seem to get anywhere the only message I've recieved is off a lady who was kind enough to let me know she was no longer meeting,

what I'm I doing wrong?

Hi Dan

Just picking up on your post here -

Having read your profile and see you only been here 5 weeks id say a few things ;

1. Tell FAB members a bit more about you in your profile - just be honest

2. Remove the "sydney" paragraph its old news now and past its sel by date

3. Be patient - dont panic

4. Find some time to get invloved/comment in some of the forums

Good luck im sure youll be fine

It can be a bit of a long haul but trust me, nice guys don't finish last and when you connect with someone, its a LOT of fun!

My tip would be to be mindful of whether or not people think you're a bi-guy pretending to be straight.

Your profile says 'straight' but in your friends list you have one guy, two tv's and a mm couple. That doesn't mean anything of course but people on this site make snap judgements about others and if theres anything that will cause them to skip you and move on, they'll do it.

Have fun though!

if ur a stud on top of being a nice guy no

really though you cant blame being too nice unless its fakey OTT nice to try improve ur chances

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

Yes.

Strangely, on here I don't think nice guys finish last at all. As long as its not fake niceness I think it is very important to be nice on this website.

As for life outside of this site the saying definitely holds true. Most of my success with women outside of fab comes from being arrogant, chauvinistic and making harsh jokes at the expense of the women.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

no... and i think I am a prime example of that...

I am not the best looking bloke, keg more than 6 pack, have me funny and sharp moments.... but in all of that lot, All I can do is be the best "me" I can...

it will appeal to some people, it won't to other.... you do get out what you put in.... I have networked with people at clubs.... I have networked with people at socials... and heck I have even met a few forum folks along the way for coffee and the odd drink in country pubs....

all you can do is show people the best "you" possible...

Wath

Thanks for all the advice I'll take in on bored, and I'm not being melodramatic this isnt my 5th week on Fab, it's my second profile I deleted the first when I got into a relationship and I've been back for fives weeks. I have got pictures of my tattoos but they are frien images.

"Thanks for all the advice I'll take in on bored, and I'm not being melodramatic this isnt my 5th week on Fab, it's my second profile I deleted the first when I got into a relationship and I've been back for fives weeks. I have got pictures of my tattoos but they are frien images."

well i think you should show them as people who go for tattoos will want to see, and people that might be put off may not mind if they see them.

its all good having friends only pictures but the more you have on your profile publically the better your profile is (if they are good photos that is and not loads of the same things).

see people might not get to the stage where they want to add you as a friend, they might not open your message to see any privatley sent photos. most people will look at your profile before deciding if to open your message or not. and this might be what is happening to you, espeically if you look in your sent items and see lots of yellow messages unread that been sat there for more than a day

great profile is how to overcome most of the things men struggle to get over on here with making new contacts and getting the conversation flowing.

"Thanks for all the advice I'll take in on bored, and I'm not being melodramatic this isnt my 5th week on Fab, it's my second profile I deleted the first when I got into a relationship and I've been back for fives weeks. I have got pictures of my tattoos but they are frien images."

Now your giving us more info --- so if you where here before as part of a swinging couple do we guess you was not successful then either ? and if answer is yes you was successful why not just re open old profile ?

"Five weeks, seriously!!!? I don't want to sound harsh but Rome wasn't built in a day?

True, It even took God himself 6 days to build the world...."

now isnt that for the other thread about the bible...????

now stop confusing things..

By *orset manMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

politeness is always good- everyone should try it- eventually it pays off

some of the profiles,( not many) almost entirely from ladies are not polite- ie a lot of rules that men have to obey , yes they will say they have had experiences but it sometimes just seems rude to me.

good luck

Forum Mod

Do nice guys finish last?

The best guys finish last where playing is concerned

Wath

Ha ha that is my aim to finish last in that regard

Wath

"Thanks for all the advice I'll take in on bored, and I'm not being melodramatic this isnt my 5th week on Fab, it's my second profile I deleted the first when I got into a relationship and I've been back for fives weeks. I have got pictures of my tattoos but they are frien images.

Now your giving us more info --- so if you where here before as part of a swinging couple do we guess you was not successful then either ? and if answer is yes you was successful why not just re open old profile ?"

Lol when did I say I was part of a swinging couple, I said I left Fab cos I got into a relationship and was monogamous to her. And I just set up a new profile didn't know you could reopen your old one

And yes I was unsuccessful then too

Took me 4 months before I got a meet

Wath

I don't expect a meet to come straight away I'm not stupid, a reply would be nice lol. Just wanted to know if I was doing anything wrong or improve anything

I confess I totally misread the title of this Thread and was starting to write 'Of course nice men finish last...'

And then I twigged it wasn't about ensuring the lady cums first ..or indeed second ..

If I were you I'd remove the photo that makes you look like a deranged Louis Theroux.

Wath

Lol ok will do which one is that?

probs the avatar as other one you cant see your eyes.

put up a good face pic with you smiling, smiles always going to work much better than the mad confused or thinking hard face you got on there

its meant to work better as well because sub consciousily people are attracted in general to photos where people appear to be having a good time so if your smiling in the pic people like it more because of this even if they dont think it in the first place

Wath

Thanks for the advice I'll take that on board

Yes.

[Removed by poster at 29/06/12 00:01:15]

what I'm I doing wrong?

I work in Rotherham, buy me a pint one dinner time and I'll give you a quick crash course. Your cock'll be dropping off within a fortnight. I don't know many women in Rotherham mind, it's just that the one I do has fanny batter like battery acid

Seriously though, give me a shout. I'll give you personal tuition, I have many tricks you could learn grasshopper!

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Sometimes the more individual you are the narrower the appeal.

» Add a new message to this topic