FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > STI Testing

STI Testing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *av501 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Atherstone

I often wonder how many people in the swinging community actually get regular STI testing ??

I see couples, singles, Bi guys and gals, and lesbian and gay people on here. We all profess to be clean and clear, but do we know for sure ? Even happily married couples barebacking ?

I have regular testing as a single choosey Bi guy with underlying immune system issues from a teenager.

I test actively, when meeting but not currently, did last one out of bordom and security during covid and had my results yesterday. I see this as an essential part of the lifestyle , not only to protect myself but as a duty and responsibilty to other swingers.

Its very quick and simple to do an online request and home testing kit, takes minutes, anonomous, free and texted results within a week? No brainer.

What are your views and thoughts on this subject please.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugga MannMan  over a year ago

Heathrow

I get tested every now and then but go for one if I had any concerns following a meet or event/club.

It never hurts to be careful.

By *ndy64hMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

Anyone on this site or it's sister site fabgyuys, if they are actually involved in sexual activity, and not just time wasters, should have regular check ups for STI's. This is not saying that you are not partaking in safe sex, or have anything. But for your own piece of mind and that of others, just get tested every 3 to 4 months. Because it's easy to catch something, and regardless of how it affects you, I know I'd hate to catch something and pass it on.

Get online, get a kit, get checked.

By *lasphemousGirlWoman  over a year ago

Cambs

Getting tested after each new partner is so easy.

It never hurts to be careful.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Many forum posts discussing testing. Swingers are some of the most reliably tested and informed.

By *atcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

"I often wonder how many people in the swinging community actually get regular STI testing ??

I see couples, singles, Bi guys and gals, and lesbian and gay people on here. We all profess to be clean and clear, but do we know for sure ? Even happily married couples barebacking ?

I have regular testing as a single choosey Bi guy with underlying immune system issues from a teenager.

I test actively, when meeting but not currently, did last one out of bordom and security during covid and had my results yesterday. I see this as an essential part of the lifestyle , not only to protect myself but as a duty and responsibilty to other swingers.

Its very quick and simple to do an online request and home testing kit, takes minutes, anonomous, free and texted results within a week? No brainer.

What are your views and thoughts on this subject please. "

Very wise; well done.

By *xploressCouple  over a year ago

Mid Devon

Have you got any links for where to get these home test.. I spent hours googling it a little while back and didn't get very far. Makes sense to do regularly.. Just need to work out how to lay our hands on home testing kits.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Have you got any links for where to get these home test.. I spent hours googling it a little while back and didn't get very far. Makes sense to do regularly.. Just need to work out how to lay our hands on home testing kits. "

Google sh24

I was regularly tested when I was actually getting some.

I used the sexual health London website. Brilliant site and fast results. Always negative on all counts for me. It’s a little pointless these days as I don’t get any sex though!

By *rs RavensongWoman  over a year ago

Cheltenham, Gloucestershire

I get myself tested every three months, regardless of whether I've had sex with anyone other than my husband - I've never had a positive result.

I order the testing kit online, send it back by post, and receive notification by text when the results are ready. Its all done at my local sexual health clinic, so not much different to visiting in person really, but it's a lot more convenient.

If you're enjoying sex with multiple partners, who may well be enjoying sex with multiple partners themselves, it's the responsible, sensible thing to do, to get tested regularly - for their sake of your own health, as well as theirs.

V x

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I test at least every 6 months regardless. Sometimes more if I've met new people.

I’m tested regularly. Obvs not needed to be for a while now tho

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"I get myself tested every three months, regardless of whether I've had sex with anyone other than my husband - I've never had a positive result.

I order the testing kit online, send it back by post, and receive notification by text when the results are ready. Its all done at my local sexual health clinic, so not much different to visiting in person really, but it's a lot more convenient.

If you're enjoying sex with multiple partners, who may well be enjoying sex with multiple partners themselves, it's the responsible, sensible thing to do, to get tested regularly - for their sake of your own health, as well as theirs.

V x

"

This

By *irty desireWoman  over a year ago

newcatle

Every 3 months when active.. throat and bloods every 6 months.. not everywhere in the country offers free home testing! Its under 25 in my area!

I generally test every 6-12 weeks depending on

How active I am but I don’t generally do casual. I was last tested in September.

By *angOnBunnyCouple  over a year ago

Ipswich

"Have you got any links for where to get these home test.. I spent hours googling it a little while back and didn't get very far. Makes sense to do regularly.. Just need to work out how to lay our hands on home testing kits. "

We use iCash. Simple, postal and free. Why would you not test regularly if it's that easy??

By *van ArdenMan  over a year ago

Coleford, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire.

Just a thought but does everyone have to notify their insurance company every time you're tested for life assurance purposes ?

By *aimeDWoman  over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"Google sh24 "

Thanks for this, have literally just ordered mine

newcatle

"Just a thought but does everyone have to notify their insurance company every time you're tested for life assurance purposes ?"

I think only HIV needs to be notified

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

Did the online at home testing. Was happy with that and will continue to use that method, if I ever meet again, as more convenient.

Mid Devon

"Google sh24 "

Just had a look.. Not available in our postcode. I think this is the trouble I ran in to last time I looked at it. Any other ideas folks? Happy to pay for them if needs be?

Mid Devon

"Every 3 months when active.. throat and bloods every 6 months.. not everywhere in the country offers free home testing! Its under 25 in my area! "

Can I ask where you get them?

Personally I get tested every couple of months.

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

"Any other ideas folks? "

Apologies if you've tried this:

https://www.devonsexualhealth.nhs.uk/find-a-service-near-me/

Due to Covid a lot of the local sexual health clinics now do an online registration, and they should post the self-test kit out to you.

Me, I get checked every 12 weeks and it's a no brainer. I am one of the lucky people to be put on the "Impact Trial", which is for PrEP. Public Health England has recently mainstreamed this so most people should now get PrEP free from their local sexual health clinic.

By *orkie_oneMan  over a year ago

maidenhead

very good topic i get tested every three months with sh24 really good service and the results within 48 hrs all very discreet and you do the test at home and post the samples off its simple and safe and give you piece of mind

stay safe

newcatle

"Every 3 months when active.. throat and bloods every 6 months.. not everywhere in the country offers free home testing! Its under 25 in my area!

Can I ask where you get them? "

I have to go to the clinic which is no big deal, but would be good to be able to do at home.. !

"Just a thought but does everyone have to notify their insurance company every time you're tested for life assurance purposes ?"

Contact your local GU clinic a lot are doing home testing or advising how to get tested

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

Nope. In fact the guidelines for insurance in the UK were specifically changed over 15 years ago. Insurance companies aren't meant to ask if you've tested or ever received a negative test.

Any gyne testing for a couple trying for a baby has to include full sti testing (including hiv)

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"Any other ideas folks?

Apologies if you've tried this:

https://www.devonsexualhealth.nhs.uk/find-a-service-near-me/

Due to Covid a lot of the local sexual health clinics now do an online registration, and they should post the self-test kit out to you.

Me, I get checked every 12 weeks and it's a no brainer. I am one of the lucky people to be put on the "Impact Trial", which is for PrEP. Public Health England has recently mainstreamed this so most people should now get PrEP free from their local sexual health clinic. "

They delayed the roll out didn't they?

Back to topic, I'm tested every 8-12 weeks under normal circumstances.

Get tested every 3 months when active but haven't been for a while or if I'm getting into a relationship with someone new

By *inksAPlentyCouple  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"Google sh24

Just had a look.. Not available in our postcode. I think this is the trouble I ran in to last time I looked at it. Any other ideas folks? Happy to pay for them if needs be? "

If you can't get one free in your area Lloyd's Pharmacy offer a home test kit service. It used to be around £60 for the same standard tests that they do at the clinics. You can pay for extra tests too if you feel you need them.

We are regularly tested.

Ms x

By *ayTTV/TS  over a year ago

Porthmadog

There is a free postal testing service in Wales https://www.friskywales.org/

Just had mine done, results by text, all clear. Great service !

How does everyone confirm potential meets are clean and tested ?

My text saying 'no infection' isn't really proof.

Got a testing kit from the Hospital two weeks back sent it off,within a week got a call giving me the all clear

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

It was every 6-8 weeks for me. Would only go to the GUM clinic. I don't think the home tests are much point for me as they're not thorough enough. I need throat swabs, vaginal and anal swabs, urine sample, blood tests and a good look to make sure there's no warts. I get a hep B booster every year, too.

I find that the majority of couples I've chatted or played with don't think it's necessary to get tested which baffles me.

I'm just cautious, I use condoms for sex and occasionally for oral on men, but I don't use dental dams on women, hence the importance of throat swabs.

This just works for me and I've never tested positive. My sexual health is important to me.

By *isces WomanWoman  over a year ago

West London

I do a home testing kit every 3 months, with the odd extra test.

www.shl.uk is the london website

"Google sh24

Just had a look.. Not available in our postcode. I think this is the trouble I ran in to last time I looked at it. Any other ideas folks? Happy to pay for them if needs be? "

I’ve just had a look through your service and it’s shockingly poor what they are offering at the moment, most have moved on to home testing. So freetest.me is for under 25s only. No one is ever verifying your age, if you tested positive for something they would refer you to the clinic and no one would bat a eyelid that your over 25 the under 25 bit is purely due to the funded screening programme. But you can put any name and dob on the form as long as you provide a accurate mobile number and remember what details you used. You could try ringing your clinic though as it could just be that the website is shit and they are offering self tests

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

I have not been tested since January this year but only because of lockdown. If j am playing once every other month

» Add a new message to this topic