FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Verifications

Verifications

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heekygeordieguy OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I have been on the site approx eight months now and i have had some enjoyable meets. However i have noticed that the feedback from some people i have met have gone, I have since found out that if they leave the site so does the feedback they leave in respect of me. I dont think that this is a good idea as personally i get a lot of info re reading feedback from others which can help as to whether you want to meet some of the members based on their feedback. I know that you can display any feedback you want, and you still have a tick to say you have been verified but feedback can tell you a lot. Would be interested to hear other members _iews. This isnt a rant just a concern personally that people cant read the truth about me. I only put certain feedback on my page and thats out of choice and not due to the fact i have certain things to hide which i dont. I do expect a mixed response re this post.!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

the green verified tick will always remain even if people who have verified you leave the site, it is just the way it is.

glad you are having fun on the site tho...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i never read veris as they are all mostly egotistical wank

i make my own mind up on messages a cam chat and a phone call

maybe meet those that enjoy the lifestyle...most of them would either keep in touch or not have a profile that disappears so quickly

at the end of it..its only verifies lol

Newcastle

"i never read veris as they are all mostly egotistical wank

i make my own mind up on messages a cam chat and a phone call "

Lol, fair do, everyone to their own.

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

doubt you would show a verification that wasn't flattering

the fact that we can pick and choose what we show or not is down to the individual and as the previous op has stated .... you have your tick, just enjoy the site and all it offers

"doubt you would show a verification that wasn't flattering

the fact that we can pick and choose what we show or not is down to the individual and as the previous op has stated .... you have your tick, just enjoy the site and all it offers"

i hide all mine as they say im a cockwhore who likes to wear heels in bed while making the men beg for a good bj

Never show veri's and never read veri's anymore. I think they are meaningless. I don't care if a stranger thinks someone is a good fuck or not and frankly will always trust my own instincts.

As already said they are often about stroking an ego and I can only assume that the reason for the OP is the disappearance of a particularly flattering one.

This issue has come up many many times, Admins take on it is, that although a member has given the verification to you it is basically their property, so if they leave the veri goes with them

"Never show veri's and never read veri's anymore. I think they are meaningless. I don't care if a stranger thinks someone is a good fuck or not and frankly will always trust my own instincts.

As already said they are often about stroking an ego and I can only assume that the reason for the OP is the disappearance of a particularly flattering one.

"

some people go on and on and on about veris and how important they are but i don't look i go by gut instincts x

"Never show veri's and never read veri's anymore. I think they are meaningless. I don't care if a stranger thinks someone is a good fuck or not and frankly will always trust my own instincts.

some people go on and on and on about veris and how important they are but i don't look i go by gut instincts x "

I think I might delete mine now

some people go on and on and on about veris and how important they are but i don't look i go by gut instincts x

I think I might delete mine now "

LOL

"

meaningless???...

ego-stroking?

etc etc..

I just dunno why some have this attitude..nothing is meaningless if it shows u up nicely in someone elses mind.

I dont think ppl that have met me put a verify up to stroke their ego or mine...we arent desperate for meets(and of course my fem or cpls) arent really desperate for meets.

my flipside to those who say verifies mean shit...is just a simple reaction to not getting the meets they want or in frequency.

I dont base meets on verifies but I'll say over and over again, I like to see a verify, regardless of its content.

Lets not loose the facts, a decent number of verifications can help lots out who want meets...such as knowing if its more likely that someone will turn up for a meet (ie hotel costs/babysitting costs)- they may also help others find ppl who are good at retaining meets(some people may call this a community spirit if u will).

Lastly...I like to know of some verifies that give a good idea how the people have behaved socially(in whatever context the social part is)

such negativity sometime on the sites tools does my head in...they should all be positive methods, mails,winks,hotlists,lookedatme,meettoday,clublists..forums etc etc.. these are all tools designed by the sites swingers to actually have ppl most likely using the site for its initial and intentional purpose.

meeting people.

lol i dont get meets im desperate

" although a member has given the verification to you it is basically their property, so if they leave the veri goes with them"

I think admin are doing the right thing with this. Even though its sometimes sad to lose a good veri.

I like reading other peoples veris. But i have stopped displaying mine. Mainly due to getting shit from single guys about the people i had played with!

"lol i dont get meets im desperate "

sympathy shags all round xxxxx

[Removed by poster at 20/07/12 20:44:30]

meaningless???...

ego-stroking?

etc etc..

I just dunno why some have this attitude..nothing is meaningless if it shows u up nicely in someone elses mind.

I dont think ppl that have met me put a verify up to stroke their ego or mine...we arent desperate for meets(and of course my fem or cpls) arent really desperate for meets.

my flipside to those who say verifies mean shit...is just a simple reaction to not getting the meets they want or in frequency.

I dont base meets on verifies but I'll say over and over again, I like to see a verify, regardless of its content.

Lets not loose the facts, a decent number of verifications can help lots out who want meets...such as knowing if its more likely that someone will turn up for a meet (ie hotel costs/babysitting costs)- they may also help others find ppl who are good at retaining meets(some people may call this a community spirit if u will).

Lastly...I like to know of some verifies that give a good idea how the people have behaved socially(in whatever context the social part is)

such negativity sometime on the sites tools does my head in...they should all be positive methods, mails,winks,hotlists,lookedatme,meettoday,clublists..forums etc etc.. these are all tools designed by the sites swingers to actually have ppl most likely using the site for its initial and intentional purpose.

meeting people."

Yes you are right, my _iew on veri's is based purely on jealousy. I look at those profiles and realise what a sad fucker I am and just get overcome with jealousy that I'm not getting loads of sex and loads of people telling me how ace I am.

Truth is no one ever publishes a bad veri and therefore your logic is flawed because how does anyone know for those good veri's there aren't 100 people cursing them?

People seem to think that veri's are some fail safe system and/or like ebay feedback.

By *icesweetgirlWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

To have 100 people cursing you would mean a lot of meets lol. I show my verifications cos I like them and like that those men took the time to write them. They didn't have to say anything. It's not a load of shit or egotistical. I don't need someone to tell me I'm great at sex I know that already lol. X

"lol i dont get meets im desperate

sympathy shags all round xxxxx"

nah as you be going round a pole naked

"I have been on the site approx eight months now and i have had some enjoyable meets. However i have noticed that the feedback from some people i have met have gone, I have since found out that if they leave the site so does the feedback they leave in respect of me. I dont think that this is a good idea as personally i get a lot of info re reading feedback from others which can help as to whether you want to meet some of the members based on their feedback. I know that you can display any feedback you want, and you still have a tick to say you have been verified but feedback can tell you a lot. Would be interested to hear other members _iews. This isnt a rant just a concern personally that people cant read the truth about me. I only put certain feedback on my page and thats out of choice and not due to the fact i have certain things to hide which i dont. I do expect a mixed response re this post.!!! "

How can your veris be the 'truth' about you when you can select which ones you display? Do you display all of them? Are they of equal 'quality'? etc etc... Also, would be more enlightening if you were required to display a note like 'Meeting in person: playmate did not provide verification' or something like that... it happens.

You may think you are showing a good set of veris, but others may not/will not _iew it like that. What someone _iewing your profile will glean from them may be very different to what you think they are.

Everyone who looks at veris is looking for something different, and something from them which is relevant to THEIR preferences, not yours.

Newcastle

"I have been on the site approx eight months now and i have had some enjoyable meets. However i have noticed that the feedback from some people i have met have gone, I have since found out that if they leave the site so does the feedback they leave in respect of me. I dont think that this is a good idea as personally i get a lot of info re reading feedback from others which can help as to whether you want to meet some of the members based on their feedback. I know that you can display any feedback you want, and you still have a tick to say you have been verified but feedback can tell you a lot. Would be interested to hear other members _iews. This isnt a rant just a concern personally that people cant read the truth about me. I only put certain feedback on my page and thats out of choice and not due to the fact i have certain things to hide which i dont. I do expect a mixed response re this post.!!!

How can your veris be the 'truth' about you when you can select which ones you display? Do you display all of them? Are they of equal 'quality'? etc etc... Also, would be more enlightening if you were required to display a note like 'Meeting in person: playmate did not provide verification' or something like that... it happens.

You may think you are showing a good set of veris, but others may not/will not _iew it like that. What someone _iewing your profile will glean from them may be very different to what you think they are.

Everyone who looks at veris is looking for something different, and something from them which is relevant to THEIR preferences, not yours.

"

So whats wrong with me displaying veris that are to my preference and not based on what i want others to think of me. ?

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

meaningless???...

ego-stroking?

etc etc..

meeting people."

Baffles me as well..what in any other decision making process would it not be wise to have as much information to act on as possible.

Instinct is something we tend to develop through experience.ie information, and of course is important, but as we all know sometimes our instincts can go badly wrong.

Verifications are by no means foolproof, but it seems to me that as we are in what amounts to a cyberspace 'dating' site, and though I agree that instinct might be the final arbiter, they can still represent a rudimentary form of cross reference, and as such are valuable.

Newcastle

meaningless???...

ego-stroking?

etc etc..

meeting people.

Baffles me as well..what in any other decision making process would it not be wise to have as much information to act on as possible.

Instinct is something we tend to develop through experience.ie information, and of course is important, but as we all know sometimes our instincts can go badly wrong.

Verifications are by no means foolproof, but it seems to me that as we are in what amounts to a cyberspace 'dating' site, and though I agree that instinct might be the final arbiter, they can still represent a rudimentary form of cross reference, and as such are valuable. "

Very valid point. !!

meaningless???...

ego-stroking?

etc etc..

meeting people.

Yes you are right, my _iew on veri's is based purely on jealousy. I look at those profiles and realise what a sad fucker I am and just get overcome with jealousy that I'm not getting loads of sex and loads of people telling me how ace I am.

Truth is no one ever publishes a bad veri and therefore your logic is flawed because how does anyone know for those good veri's there aren't 100 people cursing them?

People seem to think that veri's are some fail safe system and/or like ebay feedback. "

because its highly unlikely says my flawed logic.

as an example lets put down a social, social kind of meet, where a guy meets 10 cpls they all verify him (isnt this the advice we give to newbies wanting more meets?-attend a social get more verifies)?????

do we think the 10 cpls etc ...who all verify this guy was a great addition to the social as pointless?

NO

these are good for the guys profile, in whatever light they show him in, as ppl most likely enjoyed his company.

verifications are not meaningless, taking some pride in knowing uve verified someone nice is good,or likewise.As for the E-bay thing, I'm not buying products...but I'm sharing my thoughts..as this basically is a site for sharing.

Anyway, I never said those who were against using the verifications etc were jealous or desperate.what i said, is theres the flip side to the given argument...appears U took that personally.

"I have been on the site approx eight months now and i have had some enjoyable meets. However i have noticed that the feedback from some people i have met have gone, I have since found out that if they leave the site so does the feedback they leave in respect of me. I dont think that this is a good idea as personally i get a lot of info re reading feedback from others which can help as to whether you want to meet some of the members based on their feedback. I know that you can display any feedback you want, and you still have a tick to say you have been verified but feedback can tell you a lot. Would be interested to hear other members _iews. This isnt a rant just a concern personally that people cant read the truth about me. I only put certain feedback on my page and thats out of choice and not due to the fact i have certain things to hide which i dont. I do expect a mixed response re this post.!!!

So whats wrong with me displaying veris that are to my preference and not based on what i want others to think of me. ? "

Nothing at all. So long as you understand (which you clearly do) that others may not have the same impression of what those veris are 'saying', that's all.

Newcastle

So whats wrong with me displaying veris that are to my preference and not based on what i want others to think of me. ?

Nothing at all. So long as you understand (which you clearly do) that others may not have the same impression of what those veris are 'saying', that's all.

"

Thank you.

By *umsuckMan  over a year ago

Gateshead

Some like to show them,some don't. That's fair enough,each to their own. I personally always send a verification after a meet. One thing that really annoys me is how some don't send you a verification but will proudly display one you've sent them

meaningless???...

ego-stroking?

etc etc..

meeting people.

People seem to think that veri's are some fail safe system and/or like ebay feedback.

because its highly unlikely says my flawed logic.

as an example lets put down a social, social kind of meet, where a guy meets 10 cpls they all verify him (isnt this the advice we give to newbies wanting more meets?-attend a social get more verifies)?????

do we think the 10 cpls etc ...who all verify this guy was a great addition to the social as pointless?

NO

these are good for the guys profile, in whatever light they show him in, as ppl most likely enjoyed his company.

verifications are not meaningless, taking some pride in knowing uve verified someone nice is good,or likewise.As for the E-bay thing, I'm not buying products...but I'm sharing my thoughts..as this basically is a site for sharing.

Anyway, I never said those who were against using the verifications etc were jealous or desperate.what i said, is theres the flip side to the given argument...appears U took that personally.

"

"I have been on the site approx eight months now and i have had some enjoyable meets. However i have noticed that the feedback from some people i have met have gone, I have since found out that if they leave the site so does the feedback they leave in respect of me. I dont think that this is a good idea as personally i get a lot of info re reading feedback from others which can help as to whether you want to meet some of the members based on their feedback. I know that you can display any feedback you want, and you still have a tick to say you have been verified but feedback can tell you a lot. Would be interested to hear other members _iews. This isnt a rant just a concern personally that people cant read the truth about me. I only put certain feedback on my page and thats out of choice and not due to the fact i have certain things to hide which i dont. I do expect a mixed response re this post.!!! "

A verification from a left the site does you no favours or others. To be honest the whole thing is shite these days and most are wishy washy bollocks so better to chat and go with your gut feeling.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

A few people seem to be saying that explicit veris mean nothing to them as they don't read them....fair dos say I....however far as I'm concerned a veri that sez "fucked me like a demon" means exactly the same as "had a lovely drink with this guy"......THE BUGGER TURNED UP FOR WHATEVER REASON!!!! I personally have a look at the veris as part of the whole kit and kaboodle....not verified, not been on long, no photos kinda put me off.....a few decent veris would make me feel the person MAY be genuine

We have been here before ..

And my _iews haven't needed changing. Verifications are there simply to 'verify' the people are genuinely who they say they are in their profile and that they were reliable as they turned up.

Personally I think the mini'50 shades of Grey' type of veri is unnecessary and and I do wonder why the people that write them and publish them need to do that.

Someone that blew someone away sexually may not float my boat at all. That's my judgement call. Same if people read my veris.... Its like saying 'he has a great sense of humour' but the next person may just not get it.

As long as someone (especially couples and single fems) is verified thats all that matters to me. I make my mind up on other stuff.

South Devon

"We have been here before ..

And my _iews haven't needed changing. Verifications are there simply to 'verify' the people are genuinely who they say they are in their profile and that they were reliable as they turned up.

Personally I think the mini'50 shades of Grey' type of veri is unnecessary and and I do wonder why the people that write them and publish them need to do that.

Someone that blew someone away sexually may not float my boat at all. That's my judgement call. Same if people read my veris.... Its like saying 'he has a great sense of humour' but the next person may just not get it.

As long as someone (especially couples and single fems) is verified thats all that matters to me. I make my mind up on other stuff."

So you wouldn't meet couples or single fems who indulge in unnecessary or mini 'shades of grey' descriptions on their verifications ?

By *woBiTwoCouple  over a year ago

north manchester

Funny how the majority of _iews slagging off veris are from single guys? an edge of bitterness creeping in perhaps, about how tough it is on here for some of them?

The system works. And bollocks to the idea of people hiding negative veris - who the fuck gives a negative veri? If a meet goes bad you just don't give one. What a spread of veris over a period of time shows is that the member is active and turns up. And they can be fun to read !

"Funny how the majority of _iews slagging off veris are from single guys? an edge of bitterness creeping in perhaps, about how tough it is on here for some of them?"

Who is slagging off? And where is there any bitterness?

No need to misrepresent what is being thoughtfully said and make it more than it is.

"

As long as someone (especially couples and single fems) is verified thats all that matters to me. I make my mind up on other stuff.

So you wouldn't meet couples or single fems who indulge in unnecessary or mini 'shades of grey' descriptions on their verifications ? "

That is not quite what I said and what I did say is quoted above. Veris are just a part of what makes someone interesting. And a small part at that. As I said as long as someone is verified then thats all it means to me. As for the '50 Shades' type again all I meant was I wonder why its done as its not my style. Doesn't make them less attractive as that comes from other things.

By *woBiTwoCouple  over a year ago

north manchester

"

Who is slagging off? And where is there any bitterness?

No need to misrepresent what is being thoughtfully said and make it more than it is."

That is your subjective _iew, which differs from mine, just as your subjective opinions about verifications is different from ours. Just expressing an opinion, that's all.

South Devon

"

So you wouldn't meet couples or single fems who indulge in unnecessary or mini 'shades of grey' descriptions on their verifications ?

That is not quite what I said and what I did say is quoted above. Veris are just a part of what makes someone interesting. And a small part at that. As I said as long as someone is verified then thats all it means to me. As for the '50 Shades' type again all I meant was I wonder why its done as its not my style. Doesn't make them less attractive as that comes from other things. "

Bit puzzled as you thought '50 shades' verifications, not just not your style, but 'unnecessary'.

I see on your profile you like to write erotic stories, well maybe some people like to express their erotic experiences in real time.

"

Bit puzzled as you thought '50 shades' verifications, not just not your style, but 'unnecessary'.

I see on your profile you like to write erotic stories, well maybe some people like to express their erotic experiences in real time."

Well that is just me I guess. I am not into making public what went on as I value discretion and so I think it is unnecessary to do it. If you have met someone and had a very horny time then surely the important people already know? Does anyone else have to know is all I am saying.

Yes I do write erotica but then they are published in the right places and it is, after all, fiction.

South Devon

"

I see on your profile you like to write erotic stories, well maybe some people like to express their erotic experiences in real time.

Well that is just me I guess. I am not into making public what went on as I value discretion and so I think it is unnecessary to do it. If you have met someone and had a very horny time then surely the important people already know? Does anyone else have to know is all I am saying.

Yes I do write erotica but then they are published in the right places and it is, after all, fiction."

Well nobody forces you to read them, so you don't have to know, just ignore them!!..discretion ? face pic?

In saying that, must admit you have a very nice cock!

"

Well nobody forces you to read them, so you don't have to know, just ignore them!!..discretion ? face pic?

In saying that, must admit you have a very nice cock!"

Well my face is there to frighten the natives ..

OOh and well ..thank you! Normally its the bike gets the compliments but then it is sexier than me...

I very nearly complimented you on your fabulous figure earlier but thought I better not. So consider yourself complimented..and how! With a lady like you on the back of the bike I have this urge to brake hard ...

This site is hard work for a single guy, so if someone gives you a good verification , why would you not display it ?

You are trying to make yourself stand out from the rest, so if you have 5 or 6 verifications saying 'he fucked me like a jackhammer' and 'made me cum like Ive never before' why would you not want to use that to your advantage ?

I'd say 99% of the ladies and couples that post in the forum aren't just gonna look at pictures and verifications and say yeah let's meet for a shag , by posting in the forums it shows you are using the site for more than just for a shag and your _iews would prob differ from the user whom is after a cum and go meet and that kinda user is going to want to know I the person they are meeting is going to satisfy there needs and a verification will give them some sort of clue to this .

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"i never read veris as they are all mostly egotistical wank

i make my own mind up on messages a cam chat and a phone call "

What she said.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

meaningless???...

ego-stroking?

etc etc..

meeting people.

Verifications are by no means foolproof, but it seems to me that as we are in what amounts to a cyberspace 'dating' site, and though I agree that instinct might be the final arbiter, they can still represent a rudimentary form of cross reference, and as such are valuable. "

Some people will not consider meeting someone without verifications: that I find strange. I wouldn't take the word of total strangers to buy a kettle so I wouldn't in deciding who to take to my bed!

No two meets are the same, even with the same person, so someone who made someone gush like Old Faithful after licking pussy for hours could easily bore me to the land if Nod.

One of the reasons I don't want to see cock pics, query whether vvvwe or bitesize is I get excited finding things out for myself and following my own mind.

We're all different, whatever works for us.

» Add a new message to this topic