FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > hobby or lifestyle?

hobby or lifestyle?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ovedupstill OP   Couple  over a year ago

mullinwire

swinging?

whats your opinion?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ickey and MinnieCouple  over a year ago

South of Bath

For us it's a hobby as at the moment with a young family we don't have the time to meet more than once a month

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A delicious past time, one amongst many others...never a lifestyle...if it became so all consuming that it felt like a lifestyle and we were doing nothing else, I think we would have to seriously reconsider...

For us, it's an occasional indulgence.

"A delicious past time, one amongst many others...never a lifestyle...if it became so all consuming that it felt like a lifestyle and we were doing nothing else, I think we would have to seriously reconsider..."

Snap.

We see far to many updates seeing that people spend every opening hour at a club!! Even when the mood takes us and we hit swinging hard we don't do it like our life depends on it. It is fun not something we feel we would be incomplete without.

a hobby, we dont meet much due to family/work, the forums however

not sure id class it as either

For me its a means of getting sex, i probably meet more than a lot as im single, not just single on here, so i dont have a partner at home for sex inbetween meets, but i still dont think id class its as a life style

"a hobby, we dont meet much due to family/work, the forums however "

Ditto x

"a hobby, we dont meet much due to family/work, the forums however

Ditto x "

me 3

us 4

Both!

A few-and-far-between hobby as and when I choose.

Keeps it fresh and exciting that way.

fun pastime

Lifestyle ?

Hobby ?

Occasional indulgence ?

Mmmmm .......

Never really thought about it in that way , but when we are active we like to arrange most of our social time around swinging .

We are having our hen / stag do at our local swinging club so maybe we would be classed as lifestylers ?

By *artsnikCouple  over a year ago

wortley

never thought of it like that its just something we do when the mood takes us dont think it should ever be taken too seriously thats our thoughts anyway never a lifestyle if its something you have to do to keep going or stay together think thats wrong just our thoughts

Definately not something we have to do to stay together !

We stop periodically for months then dip back in as and when we feel like it

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I have a lot of hobbies. Having nsa sex with complete strangers is just one of them.

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

"For us, it's an occasional indulgence.

"

Same here

Its part of a lifestyle... not the whole thing... its party of the way we live our lives... be it once a month or once a week or once a day lol...

We are more club and party type swingers. My OH works abroad at times and we find last minute suits us. So I would say a hobby.

Reading the majority of posts though and seeing that people aren't meeting very often, its no wonder that single guys moan they aren't getting meets. I think they forget that people can't just drop things in a moment to meet.

I have people on my friends list who ask when we are likely to meet. I struggle to meet everyone I'd like to as I just don't have the time

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Consider it to be a fun occasional hobby.

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Occasional for us too....simply just don't have the time! but this way it keeps us keen and doesn't become a week in week out affair!

its something fun i like to do when the urge is right and the person is worth meeting

"not sure id class it as either

For me its a means of getting sex, i probably meet more than a lot as im single, not just single on here, so i dont have a partner at home for sex inbetween meets, but i still dont think id class its as a life style"

+1

By *eaboMan  over a year ago

marden

hobby. It was this or trainspotting but who wants to be stood outside in the rain waiting for trains.

For me, its just fun and pleasure. Lifestyle makes me think of something that dictates how you live your every day life, something that you have to take into account before you can do anything else.

The people I have met who called themselves 'lifestylers' always had a slightly superior opinion of themselves.

Its just sex after all, enjoy it rather than trying to label it.

By *ouplekinkCouple  over a year ago

kink town

Hobby!

By *artsnikCouple  over a year ago

wortley

"For me, its just fun and pleasure. Lifestyle makes me think of something that dictates how you live your every day life, something that you have to take into account before you can do anything else.

The people I have met who called themselves 'lifestylers' always had a slightly superior opinion of themselves.

Its just sex after all, enjoy it rather than trying to label it."

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

Shouldnt you also include option 3...Obsession?

For me Swinging is a fun addition to my social life wich sits beside my working life.

In total this is my lifestyle.

By *ohjaneCouple  over a year ago

south staffs

For us it is a good hobby and a great way to get some more exercise. We do have other hobbies too but it knocks the socks off stamp collecting !

Jane x

We're normally way to busy pressing flowers,knitting our own knickers and selling grottyware round the doors but when we do get time, we enjoy this

Wolf

"For us, it's an occasional indulgence.

"

By *eakcoupleCouple  over a year ago

peak district

Hobby, nice to have some lovely group-sex now and again but it's not an obsession. Suppose we've averaged one session about every 2 months since we started nearly 10 years ago, but we know some people who think they're missing out if they don't swing every week.

"A delicious past time, one amongst many others...never a lifestyle...if it became so all consuming that it felt like a lifestyle and we were doing nothing else, I think we would have to seriously reconsider..."

By *ornieandhotCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

A very enjoyable hobby

Had some amazing meets

Not sure id give myself a "handle" by calling it one thing or another - but if i had to chose id say "lifestyle"

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

Supporting Liverpool FC is probably my lifestyle, but swinging is a nice hobby, through which I have made some nice friends and aquaintances.

Now if I could find a Liverpool supporting female who enjoyed swinging in a similar way to me, well then I'd probably have a match made in heaven...

We are all very different , and have differing ideas on what , when , how often etc...... And it seems the overwhelming majority see lifestyle as a negative ? Happily , everyone seems happy with whatever they wanna categorise it as - but why is a lfestyler somewhat frowned on ?

By the time work , kids and everyday chores are done whether on fab or meeting there is very little time for fun ! So if this spare time is spent in the swinging scene does that make one a lifestyler ? If it does - we are and are proud to be !!!

I'm not sure how meeting strangers for NSA fun and other couples for group sex can be anything other than a lifestyle choice. Particularly when you've been doing it for some years.

That said it's only one part of who I am and in no way an obsession. As someone else has already said those profiles with continual statuses about clubbing and meets bemuse me. Likewise I remember someone on here saying that 99% of their friend were from swinging and frankly that is sad. A lifestyle doesn't have to rule your life.

By *exystargirlWoman  over a year ago

Warrington

"We are all very different , and have differing ideas on what , when , how often etc...... And it seems the overwhelming majority see lifestyle as a negative ? Happily , everyone seems happy with whatever they wanna categorise it as - but why is a lfestyler somewhat frowned on ?

By the time work , kids and everyday chores are done whether on fab or meeting there is very little time for fun ! So if this spare time is spent in the swinging scene does that make one a lifestyler ? If it does - we are and are proud to be !!! "

"I'm not sure how meeting strangers for NSA fun and other couples for group sex can be anything other than a lifestyle choice. Particularly when you've been doing it for some years.

That said it's only one part of who I am and in no way an obsession. As someone else has already said those profiles with continual statuses about clubbing and meets bemuse me. Likewise I remember someone on here saying that 99% of their friend were from swinging and frankly that is sad. A lifestyle doesn't have to rule your life."

Why is that sad ????

As in our previous post we have little time for fun and if that time is spent swinging what's up with that ?

And if someone chooses to have 99% of their friends in the scene - again why not ?

We've finally found something that we like as much as our bike...we're going in head first..as we're in our fifties, we want to do as much as we can before we get past it

If we we're younger, we would not be as eager. Bucket list time grows ever shorter!

By *ovedupstill OP   Couple  over a year ago

mullinwire

only ask because its amazing the sense of disappointment you see when people post up about meets not working out (i know its probably far from factual) but almost seems that some peoples entire sex life revolves around someone else being involved (couples only, obviously lol)

Obsession!!!?

» Add a new message to this topic