FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Thanking those who say no thanks

Thanking those who say no thanks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ete Barnes OP   Man  over a year ago

maidstone

Been on the site a good while now. Most replies when I get them! are along the lines of "Sorry not for me".

I always send another message back thanking them for taking the trouble to reply. Should I do this or is it just clogging up their in-box. Am I alone in this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

yes i think its nice x show that your a good sport and not going to get upset of people dont like you

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I'd rather the thanks but no thanks mails I sent were just read / deleted without further reply of any kind

i think its very good manners...which as ive said many times before cost nothing, and mean everything x

"I'd rather the thanks but no thanks mails I sent were just read / deleted without further reply of any kind "

Agree with this. if i send a no thanks reply and the person continues to send messages then i get pissed off. Thanks but no thanks means leave me alone in my book.

Forum Mod

You're being polite and thats nice but you're also giving yourself extra work

I get a lot of replies back when ive said no thanks and they've always been really pleasant so personally I don't see it as clogging up my inbox at all

Why worry about it? Delete and move on to someone who wants to meet you. You're not going to change their mind being mr nice guy

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I thank them for thanking me for saying no thanks.

Itd be rude not to.....

maidstone

Wow! this seems to have split folk! As for extra work I don't get a very full inbox most new messages in my inbox ever, was 7. and they were all 'No thanks!!' I do think it is polite. I appreciate that you gals inboxes are normally overflowing but it only takes a second to read.. One day it may get a lady to change her mind!!!....No chance!

"I'd rather the thanks but no thanks mails I sent were just read / deleted without further reply of any kind

Agree with this. if i send a no thanks reply and the person continues to send messages then i get pissed off. Thanks but no thanks means leave me alone in my book."

I think people write these "thank you for replying with a no" messages to try and continue contact in the hope people change their mind.

While I'm grateful for the no-thanks reply, I'm going to do myself and that person a favour and save my next message for someone else.

I think it's good manners, but if they've already knocked you back, it ain't going to make them reconsider none.

I reckon best to let go, and use the keystrokes to contact your next possibles instead

Wolf

I would say everyone bar one has come back saying something like 'aww no worries' when I say no thanks, even tho my profile states I'm not looking. I find myself thinking how sweet and nice that is, and it is.

"I think people write these "thank you for replying with a no" messages to try and continue contact in the hope people change their mind.

While I'm grateful for the no-thanks reply, I'm going to do myself and that person a favour and save my next message for someone else."

wish most thought like this

this is way i gave up on the no thanks replies as i kept getting people saying why not, cant we just chat or just abuse!

so now i just delete and move on. if thats me having bad manners and being rude then so be it. not too bothered what those im not interested in think of me

By *etish fun and frolicsCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Good thing to do, and it gives a sense of finality to the brief message exchanges.

I take the point of another poster though, that if the person then sends another message, it would be classed as serial inbox clogging, and very annoying.

I don't find it annoying at all, personally. I think it shows manners to match mine for answering, rather than deleting

maidstone

Yes exactly . I think I will continue to thank people for taking the trouble to reply. No reason to lower my standards.

"Yes exactly . I think I will continue to thank people for taking the trouble to reply. No reason to lower my standards."

and thats your right some will do same others wont dont mean either are wrong

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I love the ones that thank you for replying...... but then add a cock shot just in case thats enough to send you over the edge screamin 'Im sorrrrrry I made the wrong decision and I desperately want to change my mind and shag the arse off you now.....'

"I love the ones that thank you for replying...... but then add a cock shot just in case thats enough to send you over the edge screamin 'Im sorrrrrry I made the wrong decision and I desperately want to change my mind and shag the arse off you now.....' "

By *etish fun and frolicsCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

"I don't find it annoying at all, personally. I think it shows manners to match mine for answering, rather than deleting

"

The thanks isn't annoying. But to send another message after they had thanked you for replying would be. And in that CL Rogue makes a good point.

No I don't mind! Just polite and respectful and that goes a long way in my book!

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I will thank them for a refusal too!

"Been on the site a good while now. Most replies when I get them! are along the lines of "Sorry not for me".

I always send another message back thanking them for taking the trouble to reply. Should I do this or is it just clogging up their in-box. Am I alone in this? "

I do that too. I think it's because I'm polite. My mother would kick my ass if I didn't. Having said that she'd have a heart attack if she read my profile.

always be polite.

anyone who is rude just block.

if they are not to your liking a no thank you is better than deleting the mail.

shows you have at least taken time to read it.

good luck.

I always thank people not to try to change their mind but because i was brought up to say thankyou. Alas those days have gone and lots just dont give a shit.

"i think its very good manners...which as ive said many times before cost nothing, and mean everything x"

Our sentiments exactly

Yes its nice to show there is no hard feelings and you are not doing the "why not" crap that we sometimes get

It is very polite but once I've said no thanks I expect that to be the end of it do I'm quite happy to move on regardless

It's nice to be nice ! No thanks is always good manners

"yes i think its nice x show that your a good sport and not going to get upset of people dont like you "

Manners maketh the man as they say,

It costs nothing to be polite, and as you say, why lower your standards?

Nice to be nice, and I personally think it's nice.

"i think its very good manners...which as ive said many times before cost nothing, and mean everything x"

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Yes, it's just good manners.

Of course, if other people don't, that's totally fine too!

Interesting one

From a male perspective - where i have had a few nice people contact me, who are not my cuppa tea so to speak , i will send a polite reply to; thanking them after all Politeness cost nowt - however i try and avoid "ping pong" and persistant messaging afterwards it sort pisses me off - No is No in my books -

Adding to that however; i am always happy to corrospond with people even if i am not meeting them; providing they stop keep asking - did any of that make sense !!!!!!

Pete goes and scratches his head

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"Been on the site a good while now. Most replies when I get them! are along the lines of "Sorry not for me".

I always send another message back thanking them for taking the trouble to reply. Should I do this or is it just clogging up their in-box. Am I alone in this? "

We often get messages back thanking us for our reply, so your not alone in doing this.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

when i was a single guy i always replied to a no thank with a thank you and a few times it started a conversation then found we got on well and a meet was suggested by the lady,

so yes being polite can work as nice guys are rare

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

I don't agree with that! There have been some very nasty people I have known who were the politest people I have ever met! Then there was a guy who did tireless work for two charities, but I don't think I ever heard him say please or thanks once! I know which one I liked!

We are not bothered one way or the other! It's not a disaster if someone replies or not.. Seems some on here like to use this site to stamp authority, whereas perhaps in their daily lives they have none

"One day it may get a lady to change her mind!!!....No chance"

So, it is not politenes, just the hope that it may make them change their minds!

» Add a new message to this topic