FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > With LBGT+

With LBGT+

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icentious OP   Couple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Are we creating a beige society?

Creativity thrives on differences,not sameness.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

I think you'll find that the LGBT+ community brings a hell of a lot more colour to life than the usual 1 man 1 woman bland beige normality that you seem to crave.

You really do have it in for anyone that is anything other than a carbon copy yourself.....jeez

By *atureGuy62Man  over a year ago

DE7

"Are we creating a beige society?

Creativity thrives on differences,not sameness."

Then you clearly have not understood that diversity means celebrating our differences, not avoiding them. I am so glad to be part of the LGBT+ community and have a gf who is too as are many of our swinging friends.

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Beige society?

I mean, the flag? For starters?

Nah, the myriad of different people make for a multicoloured, technicolour dreamcoat type of society

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Surely the difference in everyone should be celebrated?? Far from sameness?? Perhaps OP is colorblind??

How is it the same? That doesn’t even make sense, it’s about diversity.

Variety is the spice of life.

We're all diverse in our own ways.

I don't really go for labels or banners, I think different people bring out different emotions and personalities.

I do have a couple of questions.

If someone is straight, but is a swinger, is that still part of the '+' part of the LGBT + ?

If not, what is the definition of the + ?

What sort of question is this? I don’t understand what you’re trying to say

"What sort of question is this? I don’t understand what you’re trying to say"

What does the + in LGBT+ stand for?

Does it include those in the swinging/alternative lifestyle, even if they are classed as 'straight' by society's standard?

Up on them there hills

"I think you'll find that the LGBT+ community brings a hell of a lot more colour to life than the usual 1 man 1 woman bland beige normality that you seem to crave.

You really do have it in for anyone that is anything other than a carbon copy yourself.....jeez

"

Actually I prefer 1 man 2 women, don’t project, it’s not a nice trait.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

What does this mean?

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

Anyone who is part of the ENM lifestyle and isn’t an ally of LGBTQIA+ is on a hiding to nothing.

Once they’ve got rid of the queer alphabet soup, they’ll come for the swingers!

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I think you'll find that the LGBT+ community brings a hell of a lot more colour to life than the usual 1 man 1 woman bland beige normality that you seem to crave.

"

Irony

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

I think society is more colourful than ever and fingers crossed it continues to improve across the world!

Beige is boring ha

Tin town

"I think society is more colourful than ever and fingers crossed it continues to improve across the world!

Beige is boring ha "

Beige might be what some people want or like...

Fashion creates a beige society not sexuality or inclusiveness

North West

"I think society is more colourful than ever and fingers crossed it continues to improve across the world!

Beige is boring ha

Beige might be what some people want or like... "

Anyone can be whatever colour they like... if everyone were to be beige it would be very boring.

Hence why I said society is more colourful than ever - that includes the beige people and should stay that way and improve...

Someone’s out for an argument as usual ha

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

How does this make any sense whatsoever

Up on them there hills

Beige is boring ha

Anyone can be whatever colour they like... if everyone were to be beige it would be very boring.

Hence why I said society is more colourful than ever - that includes the beige people and should stay that way and improve...

Someone’s out for an argument as usual ha "

Not an argument, just a non beige debate between un judgmental people.

Agree with some of the comments about being unsure around the question but certainly don’t feel the OP is being argumentative

The world, or at least he UK is becoming a more tolerant society and to me, makes us more creative and colourful in being able to express ourselves!

North West

Beige is boring ha

Not an argument, just a non beige debate between un judgmental people."

My argument comment wasn’t back to you, OP

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Beige is boring ha

Not an argument, just a non beige debate between un judgmental people."

You might want to clarify what you're asking. It sounds like you think advancing LGBTQ rights and equality makes the world more boring, which is really odd.

Up on them there hills

Beige is boring ha

My argument comment wasn’t back to you, OP

"

Apologies.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Beige is boring ha

You might want to clarify what you're asking. It sounds like you think advancing LGBTQ rights and equality makes the world more boring, which is really odd. "

This these days rather than come right out with it, it needs to be hidden.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I fail to see how LGBTQ is about sameness.

As a member of the community I can assure you that there’s nothing homogeneous about us. The Community was originally coined to provide support to individuals and groups that were disenfranchised and shunned by society, to show the world that we’re not all the same, that representation matters and to fight for rights for people irrespective of their sexuality.

If anything, the LGBTQ community is contradictory to the concept that we’re all the same and to show that heteronormative culture has an alternative.

If you think that the community makes things beige, then you’re not paying attention

Tin town

"I fail to see how LGBTQ is about sameness.

As a member of the community I can assure you that there’s nothing homogeneous about us. The Community was originally coined to provide support to individuals and groups that were disenfranchised and shunned by society, to show the world that we’re not all the same, that representation matters and to fight for rights for people irrespective of their sexuality.

If anything, the LGBTQ community is contradictory to the concept that we’re all the same and to show that heteronormative culture has an alternative.

If you think that the community makes things beige, then you’re not paying attention "

Reminds me of that scene in life of Brian...

You've got to think for yourselves. You're all individuals!

FOLLOWERS: Yes, we're all individuals!

BRIAN: You're all different!

FOLLOWERS: Yes, we are all different!

BRIAN: You've all got to work it out for yourselves!

FOLLOWERS: Yes! We've got to work it out for ourselves!

Manchester (he/him)

If you think that the community makes things beige, then you’re not paying attention

"

Except it’s nothing like that at all

Tin town

Except it’s nothing like that at all

"

Yes it's nothing like that at all

By *acktar74Man  over a year ago

leeds

All very thought provoking but in reality the question should be jam or cream on a scone first.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

You know there’s no such thing as a LGBT+ community, it’s made up, it doesn’t have a single voice or set of values , same as swingers, same as disabled people

Manchester (he/him)

"You know there’s no such thing as a LGBT+ community, it’s made up, it doesn’t have a single voice or set of values , same as swingers, same as disabled people "

That’s very true, it’s an umbrella term used to encompass the disparate groups and communities within. It’s usually used because heterosexual culture doesn’t tend to recognise the individual groups or differences between the different elements

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

Don’t understand that at all. Surely the colour and diversity from celebrating and understanding our differences is EXACTLY the opposite of beige.

V x

I once joined a bisexual society but found there were so many subgroups that it was hard to find common ground apart from the label we'd given ourselves. So, I doubt if we're all becoming beige.

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

OP I understand what you're saying. Some members on here are amoebas so don't expect them to be able to see anything past their own noses unfortunately. She means inclusivity can often dilute diversity. So sometimes fighting to be "the same" can be a negative.

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

"OP I understand what you're saying. Some members on here are amoebas so don't expect them to be able to see anything past their own noses unfortunately. She means inclusivity can often dilute diversity. So sometimes fighting to be "the same" can be a negative."

Aaaaah that makes sense. As culturally diverse communities often meld together? But I think the point is to celebrate difference rather than become one. V x

Tin town

Creativity thrives on differences,not sameness.

Don’t understand that at all. Surely the colour and diversity from celebrating and understanding our differences is EXACTLY the opposite of beige.

V x "

Kerching. Not entirely convinced that creativity has got much to do with sameness or difference either. You can be different and not have a creative bone in your body.

Interesting take on things, but I don't follow your logic. Can you explain what you mean in a little more detail?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

"You know there’s no such thing as a LGBT+ community, it’s made up, it doesn’t have a single voice or set of values , same as swingers, same as disabled people

That’s very true, it’s an umbrella term used to encompass the disparate groups and communities within. It’s usually used because heterosexual culture doesn’t tend to recognise the individual groups or differences between the different elements "

What’s an example of heterosexual culture ? In any group of subculture you’ll find people of varying sexuality and gender.

It’s used by activists to validate their ideology that 1/ everyone is a victim , 2/ take money from government and large organisations for projects , it’s the same as activists did for disabled , that used to be called handicapped and was a minority group , they renamed it disabled to include more people, added lots of new mental health disorders such as being shy or upset or smoking vveed to include almost everyone now, which is probably a bit unfair to people in wheelchairs . The same with LGBTQI++ you so much as look at a mans bum now and you can join

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

In the kink world there is a debate due to certain gay Pride marches in the U.S. are excluding kinksters in kinky outfits (particularly cross dressers) from their marches on the basis, that despite Stonewall and other opposition to the police was done by gay people in kink outfits, they want to be family friendly.

Possibly some influential people on Pride marches in the U.S. want beige.

Manchester (he/him)

"In the kink world there is a debate due to certain gay Pride marches in the U.S. are excluding kinksters in kinky outfits (particularly cross dressers) from their marches on the basis, that despite Stonewall and other opposition to the police was done by gay people in kink outfits, they want to be family friendly.

Possibly some influential people on Pride marches in the U.S. want beige.

"

Or perhaps they want the daytime marches to be acceptable for underage community members? A person doesn’t turn 18 then become gay/bi/lesbian/trans etc.

Pride can be a huge amount of support to underage members, being sexually explicit isn’t necessary.

If kink is the watermark of what makes something beige or not, then society as a whole is in big trouble!

Manchester (he/him)

"You know there’s no such thing as a LGBT+ community, it’s made up, it doesn’t have a single voice or set of values , same as swingers, same as disabled people

That’s very true, it’s an umbrella term used to encompass the disparate groups and communities within. It’s usually used because heterosexual culture doesn’t tend to recognise the individual groups or differences between the different elements

What’s an example of heterosexual culture ? In any group of subculture you’ll find people of varying sexuality and gender.

It’s used by activists to validate their ideology that 1/ everyone is a victim , 2/ take money from government and large organisations for projects , it’s the same as activists did for disabled , that used to be called handicapped and was a minority group , they renamed it disabled to include more people, added lots of new mental health disorders such as being shy or upset or smoking vveed to include almost everyone now, which is probably a bit unfair to people in wheelchairs . The same with LGBTQI++ you so much as look at a mans bum now and you can join "

I’m not going to get into anti Community rhetoric with you.

You clearly have a very skewed idea of what the LGBTQ movement is made up of, what it’s intent is and how it started.

Heterosexual culture is like the matrix, it’s everywhere

"I think you'll find that the LGBT+ community brings a hell of a lot more colour to life than the usual 1 man 1 woman bland beige normality

"

Would completely agree with this. Just study the arts (music, film, writing etc) 80s music would have been very different if only ‘beige’.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

What a weird question/post ?? and i'm guessing ..missed that bit about celebrating diversity and Mr4 was born in Brighton and it is as far from beige as you can get !! unlike vanilla homophobic i'm not racist but Plymland !! and in Plymland they give you a very handy excuse book of why you can't just live your life as you see fit and how to deny others trying to do the same thing as ..and also home of the world famous gay/bi beer/drinks xx

"OP I understand what you're saying. Some members on here are amoebas so don't expect them to be able to see anything past their own noses unfortunately. She means inclusivity can often dilute diversity. So sometimes fighting to be "the same" can be a negative."

But has anyone asked or campaigned to BE the same? Surely it has always been about celebrating and respecting the diversity but at the same time affording the same protections, respect, rights and acceptances free of bigotry or discrimination. That’s very different from being the same. If anything it would open things up for even more diversity as we have seen with the continued expansion of the list of letters to include more groups.

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

"OP I understand what you're saying. Some members on here are amoebas so don't expect them to be able to see anything past their own noses unfortunately. She means inclusivity can often dilute diversity. So sometimes fighting to be "the same" can be a negative.

But has anyone asked or campaigned to BE the same? Surely it has always been about celebrating and respecting the diversity but at the same time affording the same protections, respect, rights and acceptances free of bigotry or discrimination. That’s very different from being the same. If anything it would open things up for even more diversity as we have seen with the continued expansion of the list of letters to include more groups.

"

The only 'same' "they" want is to be treated the same, have the same rights and be allowed to be themselves.

Genuinely don't understand anyone's opposition to anything LGBT+

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

It’s used by activists to validate their ideology that 1/ everyone is a victim , 2/ take money from government and large organisations for projects , it’s the same as activists did for disabled , that used to be called handicapped and was a minority group , they renamed it disabled to include more people, added lots of new mental health disorders such as being shy or upset or smoking vveed to include almost everyone now, which is probably a bit unfair to people in wheelchairs . The same with LGBTQI++ you so much as look at a mans bum now and you can join "

Do you not realise that all these smaller groups need to do this to stand up and be counted as they are otherwise completely overlooked but then maybe you would prefer it that way?

Your remark about looking at a man's bum qualifies you to be LGBT+ shows your utter contempt for what it really is and what they are trying to achieve.....equality or are you scared of everyone being equal? Is it a threat to your heteronormality?

» Add a new message to this topic