FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Symbolic/ personal/ spiritual tattoos?

Symbolic/ personal/ spiritual tattoos?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you have symbolic, personal and/ or spiritual tattoos? What are they of? I always find such tattoos on others interesting and the reasons behind them.

All mine are spiritual. My left arm is full of Celtic Pagan imagery. My right arm is full of Hindu imagery. Both sides reflecting the spiritual areas I most associate with.

I am going to get a phoenix rising from the ashes on my chest in future, symbolic of life throwing so much at me since a little boy but I still get up.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oolkoupleCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

I recently got two new goddess pieces on my forearms.

On the right is Amethyst, she represents the universe. On the left is Violet, she represents the earth.

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

I'm considering getting some - pictures that are related to my kids names (if the name was Jimi you might have a guitar that kind of idea).

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I want the tree of life sprouting from the back of my neck the (roots) to the back of my head with the branches branching off, with my ruling planet symbols Uranus, and Saturn, attached on dangling down, with the yang and yang in the background acting as the moon with some shading radiating around and from it, with other symbols incorporated into it or side of my head like the triple moon goddess symbol, a trquetra, some cetic knots, two spirals in opposing directions ( for death, and rebirth) the two squiggles, of aquarious, (also the symbol for synchronicity) and a single squiggle for energy, a pentacle (symbolising earth, air, fire, water, and sprit.) And a few other bits and bobs lol

Oh and pneuma across my Adams apple, meaning (breath of life) people won't be able to see it because of my beard but it will be there

I love the ancient Romans so I have my date of birth in numerals on my back. Also I’m planning on getting a tattoo of Mars the roman god of war because my name is derived from it and also im in the army. Haven’t found a design I like yet though.

Mine is a Manchester worker bee - my alma mater and favourite city.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

I only have one small semi-colon on my wrist as a reminder that my story is not over yet.

yes

"Do you have symbolic, personal and/ or spiritual tattoos? What are they of? I always find such tattoos on others interesting and the reasons behind them.

All mine are spiritual. My left arm is full of Celtic Pagan imagery. My right arm is full of Hindu imagery. Both sides reflecting the spiritual areas I most associate with.

I am going to get a phoenix rising from the ashes on my chest in future, symbolic of life throwing so much at me since a little boy but I still get up. "

You're tattoo's are looking pretty slick there though lad, the only one I can make out from the phone is the man sitting crossed legged I find pretty interesting

By *intage PrincessWoman  over a year ago

Herts

I have a sunflower for my dad.

In 1987 together with some neighbours he tried to grow the tallest sunflower to get into the guiness book of records.

One of the men was feeding it stout, one tea and the other proper plant feed. None of the men knew the others were feeding it.

When it was measured it missed the record by 6 inches.

Sunflowers are my happy flower and remind me of my dad

"I have a sunflower for my dad.

In 1987 together with some neighbours he tried to grow the tallest sunflower to get into the guiness book of records.

One of the men was feeding it stout, one tea and the other proper plant feed. None of the men knew the others were feeding it.

When it was measured it missed the record by 6 inches.

Sunflowers are my happy flower and remind me of my dad "

That’s amazing.

"I love the ancient Romans so I have my date of birth in numerals on my back. Also I’m planning on getting a tattoo of Mars the roman god of war because my name is derived from it and also im in the army. Haven’t found a design I like yet though. "

Imperial gob shite. Only playing!

"Do you have symbolic, personal and/ or spiritual tattoos? What are they of? I always find such tattoos on others interesting and the reasons behind them.

I am going to get a phoenix rising from the ashes on my chest in future, symbolic of life throwing so much at me since a little boy but I still get up.

You're tattoo's are looking pretty slick there though lad, the only one I can make out from the phone is the man sitting crossed legged I find pretty interesting "

That is an actual image from an over 2,000 year old object, called the Gundestrup cauldron. The image is associated with Lord Cernunnos who was a Celtic Pagan deity. However the first tattoo artist did a terrible job on couple and I had to get them touched up as best I could by more talented artist

Yes I thought I requnised it, it looks very familiar, I think it's on one of my priory gallery crosses, I'll have to check when I get home

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Most of mine are symbolic in one way or another, all the most recent ones have been for people I've lost.

I'm over due one that's just for fun.

By *nfin8yWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

I have one in memory of my fur baby. A fun Yin Yang dragons and the Infin8y symbol on the back of my neck. I’m thinking of getting the Sanskrit symbol for breathe on my sternum. It’s what we do when we come into this world and the last thing we do when we leave.

A lot of interesting concepts on here, keep them coming folks

I am going to get a phoenix rising from the ashes on my chest in future, symbolic of life throwing so much at me since a little boy but I still get up. "

All of mine so far are nods to my ancestry. Ram skull on my chest denotes acceptance of death as inevitable and a reminder to make the most of living. Norse compass and raven on my right arm for the wisdom to make the right choices. Odinson on my right forearm for where I came from and Valhalla on my left forearm for where I'm going. Most recently a shield maiden on my right thigh to recognise that warriors come from everyday folk who choose to stand and fight.

I've saved a leg for song lyrics and Tatts of my pup and my old guinea pig!

Mrs j has a few words on her tattoos and personal phrases . Mr j a few marked dates and little symbolic things added in on he’s tattoos

I have my parents handwriting, several momentos from travelling abroad (My Dad was in the navy and did the same), an 80s pop star I've loved since I was 12, a Disney one as Dad used to refer to me as this character, a Japanese reiki symbol, a day of the dead girl and a snake goddess

Yes I’m planning to get the Venus symbol that represents femininity and my journey I’m experiencing from acceptance of my female self and the whole transitioning journey x

I’m having it done either on the back of my neck or the under boob x not sure yet but it’s gonna be done in 3 weeks time

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

We have a few tattoos and they all have special meaning to us. Most of them are are own designs too.

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

I have a pin up style cartoon that in my leg in my nan and grandad on my leg. It's a copy of the original now on my wall, that was drawn up by one a fellow desert rat as an engagement present for them as they met in Italy when her house was bilited and he was staying there. I've also got babushkas on my arm, they are me and my kids and each shows about who they are. And flowers from my flower fairy books.

By *lasphemousGirlWoman  over a year ago

Cambs

Most of mine are custom pieces from ideas I've had... The latest is a 'through the looking glass' piece, a shattered mirror with reflections of wonderland in the pieces.

I'm looking to expand on it soon

Shangri-La

Always makes chuckle when someone geysba anchor tattoo ring symbolise that nothing will keep them on one place and freedom lol

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

I have a tat that represents a member of my family and a angel on my back but I redesigned it to be a tattooed angel

Yes definitely mine shows I’m reborn and change in my life

By *UCKER56Man  over a year ago

Walsall

"I want the tree of life sprouting from the back of my neck the (roots) to the back of my head with the branches branching off, with my ruling planet symbols Uranus, and Saturn, attached on dangling down, with the yang and yang in the background acting as the moon with some shading radiating around and from it, with other symbols incorporated into it or side of my head like the triple moon goddess symbol, a trquetra, some cetic knots, two spirals in opposing directions ( for death, and rebirth) the two squiggles, of aquarious, (also the symbol for synchronicity) and a single squiggle for energy, a pentacle (symbolising earth, air, fire, water, and sprit.) And a few other bits and bobs lol "
..what would you have tattooed on Uranus ? ??????

[Removed by poster at 27/06/21 20:49:58]

"I want the tree of life sprouting from the back of my neck the (roots) to the back of my head with the branches branching off, with my ruling planet symbols Uranus, and Saturn, attached on dangling down, with the yang and yang in the background acting as the moon with some shading radiating around and from it, with other symbols incorporated into it or side of my head like the triple moon goddess symbol, a trquetra, some cetic knots, two spirals in opposing directions ( for death, and rebirth) the two squiggles, of aquarious, (also the symbol for synchronicity) and a single squiggle for energy, a pentacle (symbolising earth, air, fire, water, and sprit.) And a few other bits and bobs lol ..what would you have tattooed on Uranus ? ??????"

You're face if you keep talking shit!!

Just kidding

"Always makes chuckle when someone geysba anchor tattoo ring symbolise that nothing will keep them on one place and freedom lol "

Because an anchor is used to ground you, and keep you in one place? Oh the irony.

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

I have one dedicated to each parent without saying mam or dad which isn't my taste for tattoos

Shangri-La

"Always makes chuckle when someone geysba anchor tattoo ring symbolise that nothing will keep them on one place and freedom lol

Because an anchor is used to ground you, and keep you in one place? Oh the irony."

Ecaxtly. Sorry really need to proof read more! But yes anchor tattoo saying it's freedom nothing will hold me down which is the opposite. Well done for translating lol

"Always makes chuckle when someone geysba anchor tattoo ring symbolise that nothing will keep them on one place and freedom lol

Because an anchor is used to ground you, and keep you in one place? Oh the irony.

Ecaxtly. Sorry really need to proof read more! But yes anchor tattoo saying it's freedom nothing will hold me down which is the opposite. Well done for translating lol "

Oh I didn't realise you mis said anything I read it perfectly lol

By *ofdiamondsMan  over a year ago

Between wisbech & Kings lynn

Everything I have has a surface meaning of just favourite character from X game etc and a deeper, personal meaning only me and a few friends know

By *wistedTooCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

Nope. Visual only for us.

Must say folks been very impressed with what you been posting, it has been interesting for sure

Ecaxtly. Sorry really need to proof read more! But yes anchor tattoo saying it's freedom nothing will hold me down which is the opposite. Well done for translating lol

Oh I didn't realise you mis said anything I read it perfectly lol "

I have an anchor, but it has a swallow and a skull around it. When I knew my Dad was dying I took photos of his tattoos. His skull was his first one, his swallows signified his navy experience and anchor another navy connection. I asked my tattoo man to design something for me with these 3 things, I have his writing underneath the tattoo. It just says "From Daddy"

Ive just uploaded a photo of it for those interested.

All of mine have a meaning and have been designed for me, two by a particular well known local artist, my latest one consists of a hand holding 7 flowers with butterflies coming off the flowers for babies I have lost. One before that was designed for me by my boys, a tulip dragon.

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Asking about someone's tattoos can be a great convo starter if they are personal or unique, though a shame that so many people choose to get meaninglessness generic tribals instead.

"Asking about someone's tattoos can be a great convo starter if they are personal or unique, though a shame that so many people choose to get meaninglessness generic tribals instead."

Meaningless florals here. And a mandala. But they're me and I love them

Tabitha xx

On my right arm/chest/shoulder/back is a Maori tattoo, which includes a hammerhead shark which is considered a protector in Maori culture, which fits in with my personality. On the left I’ve got a half sleeve combined with chest and back pieve which is Japanese feudal influence, including the word “Giri” in Kanji which stands for “Duty and Obligation” - again very “me”.

Fire

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"Asking about someone's tattoos can be a great convo starter if they are personal or unique, though a shame that so many people choose to get meaninglessness generic tribals instead.

Meaningless florals here. And a mandala. But they're me and I love them

Tabitha xx"

But at least florals look nice!

» Add a new message to this topic