FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > text speak

text speak

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

what is peoples problem with this? you are here for sex, not how someone chooses to type or text, what has how someone speaks through the internet got to do with sex? it bewilders me, very confused.com

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Because its lazy and makes you look thick as shite! Lol

"Because its lazy and makes you look thick as shite! Lol "

is 'shite' a real word or text speak? and whats being a lazy typer or being thick got to do with sex?

By *ild Bill Thickcock.Man  over a year ago

Wet Beaver Creek

people will communicate how they choose. Some will accept text speak, some wont.

You need to find the ones that will

"people will communicate how they choose. Some will accept text speak, some wont.

You need to find the ones that will"

thats not answering what text speak has got to do with sex mate

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

how people write is a reflection of their personality and how they'll be in real life.

Speaking for ourselves we like to have a bit in common with the people that we meet and it isn't just about sex for us. Text speak wouldn't put us off but we'd probably take more interest in a profile or message that didn't use it simply because we come from a generation that doesn't automatically use it and we find it hard to decipher.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

Awe wit so ya dont wanna shag me anymore ???lol cheers m8 !!! LOL PMSL

By *ild Bill Thickcock.Man  over a year ago

Wet Beaver Creek

"people will communicate how they choose. Some will accept text speak, some wont.

You need to find the ones that will

thats not answering what text speak has got to do with sex mate"

If people wont reply to your messages, work it out for yourself

"how people write is a reflection of their personality and how they'll be in real life.

Speaking for ourselves we like to have a bit in common with the people that we meet and it isn't just about sex for us. Text speak wouldn't put us off but we'd probably take more interest in a profile or message that didn't use it simply because we come from a generation that doesn't automatically use it and we find it hard to decipher. "

Couldn't agree more

lol is text speak!!!

maybe the people who cant read text speak r the thick 1's??!!

I imagine the theory is that lazy with language = lazy in bed with not much imagination!

"what is peoples problem with this? you are here for sex, not how someone chooses to type or text, what has how someone speaks through the internet got to do with sex? it bewilders me, very confused.com "

You are right, it has nothing to do with sex. And if I met someone in a club, how they type would of course be of no consequence. But if thy struggled to string together an intelligent sentence then I'd be bored very quickly and that is the impression text talk gives.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

its about peoples preferences..

some wont meet bi guys, some will..

some wont meet people who choose to use 'text'speak, some will...

worry about those who may meet you, not those who wont...

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

It's the same as everything else on here. Personal choice.

Some people will choose to respond to those who mail them in text speak.

Some will choose to ignore those who mail them using text speak.

People who mail using text speak will have the possibility of having sex with those who will choose to respond to text speak and will have no chance of having sex with those who choose to ignore text speak.

"Because its lazy and makes you look thick as shite! Lol

lol is text speak!!!

maybe the people who cant read text speak r the thick 1's??!! "

No we are not the thick ones as we were not brought up to use it, funnily whilst its more for the younger generation, neither of my kids use it much at all, well not to me anyway but if I am using my old Samsung phone, I do some text speak only because its easier whereas on my Iphone, I spell every word

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Text speak is lazy and indecipherable half the time. I've put in my profile that I won't respond to 'txt spk' messages, so I am not sure why I keep getting them.

"Text speak is lazy and indecipherable half the time. I've put in my profile that I won't respond to 'txt spk' messages, so I am not sure why I keep getting them."

Because they only understand txt spk?!

I can't understand it half the time either. If a profile is written in text speak it puts me off.

"Text speak is lazy and indecipherable half the time. I've put in my profile that I won't respond to 'txt spk' messages, so I am not sure why I keep getting them."

Simple!

Most don't read the profiles if you have sexy photos.....

"Text speak is lazy and indecipherable half the time. I've put in my profile that I won't respond to 'txt spk' messages, so I am not sure why I keep getting them.

Simple!

Most don't read the profiles if you have sexy photos..... "

Charmer!

"Text speak is lazy and indecipherable half the time. I've put in my profile that I won't respond to 'txt spk' messages, so I am not sure why I keep getting them.

Because they only understand txt spk?! "

Maybe I should add a small edit in txt spk.

'LOL txtrs I h8 txt spk so pls ps off'

"what is peoples problem with this? you are here for sex, not how someone chooses to type or text, what has how someone speaks through the internet got to do with sex? it bewilders me, very confused.com "

Ok let me try and explain from my point of view.

This isn't a sex site it is a Swinging site. There is a difference and the clue is in the site name.

Most of the people that single blokes will approach are couples or single females and they can be as choosy as they like because they have what us blokes want. Note the word 'choosy'.

So when a single bloke writes a message it has to stand out, be of interest and easily read. The message reflects the sender and so if it comes across as lazy, unintelligible or just childishly 'effet' then the chances are that is how the sender will be perceived. Remember the word 'Choosy'?

Personally I don't even use 'txtspeak' when I am texting but understand why some do but for the life of me I cannot understand how it has crept into general use. We will be having an 'O' level in txtspeak soon ..

Simple!

Most don't read the profiles if you have sexy photos.....

Charmer! "

Speak as I find ..

lol is text speak!!!

Or just old !

'LOL txtrs I h8 txt spk so pls ps off'"

*laughing my ass off*

When my 18yr old daughter txts me sometimes I havnt got a clue what she's going on about !

By *helmercpleCouple  over a year ago

Chelmsford

"what is peoples problem with this? you are here for sex, not how someone chooses to type or text, what has how someone speaks through the internet got to do with sex? it bewilders me, very confused.com

Ok let me try and explain from my point of view.

This isn't a sex site it is a Swinging site. There is a difference and the clue is in the site name.

Most of the people that single blokes will approach are couples or single females and they can be as choosy as they like because they have what us blokes want. Note the word 'choosy'.

So when a single bloke writes a message it has to stand out, be of interest and easily read. The message reflects the sender and so if it comes across as lazy, unintelligible or just childishly 'effet' then the chances are that is how the sender will be perceived. Remember the word 'Choosy'?

Personally I don't even use 'txtspeak' when I am texting but understand why some do but for the life of me I cannot understand how it has crept into general use. We will be having an 'O' level in txtspeak soon .. "

Very well put but you might want to translate into Txt speak so as not to offend the OP he seems very worked up about it

To answer the original question......its got nothing to do with sex!

'LOL txtrs I h8 txt spk so pls ps off'"

I have just checked your profile and you appear to not have any verifications. You are probably correct that Text Speak has nothing to do with sex but it is an indicator of that persons personality. On the basis that the majority of people on this site would prefer to receive non Text Speak messages, then why don't you just swallow that chip and send concise meaningful messages. You might actually get to meet someone one day.

Well said Miss Martini , play the game and the results will come

"what is peoples problem with this? you are here for sex, not how someone chooses to type or text, what has how someone speaks through the internet got to do with sex? it bewilders me, very confused.com

I have just checked your profile and you appear to not have any verifications. You are probably correct that Text Speak has nothing to do with sex but it is an indicator of that persons personality. On the basis that the majority of people on this site would prefer to receive non Text Speak messages, then why don't you just swallow that chip and send concise meaningful messages. You might actually get to meet someone one day."

What a delightfully rude reply.

Clearly he has been verified at least once as he has the verification tick.

The way I read it the OP was just asking a question, not saying he was having a problem....

By *helmercpleCouple  over a year ago

Chelmsford

I have just checked your profile and you appear to not have any verifications. You are probably correct that Text Speak has nothing to do with sex but it is an indicator of that persons personality. On the basis that the majority of people on this site would prefer to receive non Text Speak messages, then why don't you just swallow that chip and send concise meaningful messages. You might actually get to meet someone one day.

What a delightfully rude reply.

Clearly he has been verified at least once as he has the verification tick.

The way I read it the OP was just asking a question, not saying he was having a problem.... "

I disagree I don't think Miss Martinis reply was rude, from the tone of the OP's post it does come across as though he has a problem..... Although posts on here can come across in a way that you didn't intend. Which in turn makes text speak even worse because it is even more difficult to explain yourself.

I don't understand what text speak has to do with your personality its just how people choose to type. And if people can understand what they are talking about which it seems some people do then what's the problem? As I can imagine those people will turn up and have a decent conversation nothing to do with being thick either!

i find text speak very chavvy and major turn off. If people cannot communicate over text or e-mails what hope do you have when you meet them? Or should I say IF you meet them.

Hello "Gaw Jus" lmao..... I know what you mean half of it i don't understand...

Not bothered meself, I can read through the mnemonics and noise easily enough to understand what's being said, with maybe one or two WTFs. After all the internet with all this AFAIIK OMGs IMHOs and FFS are doing their own kind of text speak, and so those living in glazed abodes should not hurl misshapen miniature monoliths.

Ya get me, innit?

Wolf

I think it is all down to what you have on your phone !! If you have contract then you can chat normally, but if you have pay as you go and don't earn alot i feel that this is where the text chat comes in to it's own.... Saving money....

"Not bothered meself, I can read through the mnemonics and noise easily enough to understand what's being said, with maybe one or two WTFs. After all the internet with all this AFAIIK OMGs IMHOs and FFS are doing their own kind of text speak, and so those living in glazed abodes should not hurl misshapen miniature monoliths.

Ya get me, innit?

Wolf

"

Because for me sex starts with the first bite, the chat, the banter, the meet, the sex

How the hell can i chat and have banter with someone whos messages i cant flipping understand

the biggest sex organ is the brain if you cant turn that on...forget it

true... no one fucks in shorthand

"true... no one fucks in shorthand

"

i've met a few

"

I have had one, but have forgiven him

i've met a few "

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I'm here to meet "like minded" people: professional, erudite, articulate individuals able to stimulate my mind which in term stimulates my body.

Text speak, for me, gives the impression the writer doesn't have a good command of English and honestly, who wants to keep whipping out a Rosetta Stone to decipher a message/profile?

But hey, lots of people on here use text speak. I may ignore their posts/messages but others will be able to enjoy them like Shakespearean sonnets!

"To answer the original question......its got nothing to do with sex! "

Which is true, only at the point of messaging you won't have got to the sex bit, the argument is daft anyway as you could make the point about text speak for whatever reason you're communicating. I'd say certain people don't like text speak in general which would obviously include here.

Because for me sex starts with the first bite, the chat, the banter, the meet, the sex

How the hell can i chat and have banter with someone whos messages i cant flipping understand

the biggest sex organ is the brain if you cant turn that on...forget it"

I'm very fussy and much prefer to be having sex with someone that I can also have a stimulating intellectual conversation with, If someone consistently uses text speech then for me my opinion is they're not capable or too lazy to make good conversation so cheerio

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Text speak has nothing to do with intelligence or wit.

BUT if the person you want ti play with has gone to their inbox and has 20 messages that day and only ten minutes to go through them then they will use criteria to reduce them down.

1) Anyone outside age preferences will go.

2) Any offensive messages will go.

3)Any messages consisting of a single word will go.

4)Any messages that are difficult to read/understand will go.

5) A quick look at attached pics and any not attractive to them will go.

6) A.quick look at profiles and only those who still appeal will get a reply.

You'll see that many get deleted without even a proper read and the majority don't get their profiles checked out.

It's tough for single men, you are competing against a lot of others so you have to up your game and also play the game well. This may mean changing the way you would write s message simply to get that message read and to get people to take a good clear look at you.

By *bend69Couple  over a year ago

twinkletown

So basically caus i text type il never get a fuck? Wtf? Im really a very nice person but i spell as if txtin! If ppl dont wanna kno thats up to them...... But tbh we not doin too bad plenty msgs n plenty of sex

Sheffield

"So basically caus i text type il never get a fuck? Wtf? Im really a very nice person but i spell as if txtin! If ppl dont wanna kno thats up to them...... But tbh we not doin too bad plenty msgs n plenty of sex "

I did make the point that it's harder for single men, couples have a head start.

"

the biggest sex organ is the brain if you cant turn that on...forget it"

Someone else 'gets it' !!

Why would we want to have sex with someone who shares absolutely none of our values?

Socially we prefer to mix with people who share our own characteristics - educated, polite & reasonably articulate.

If someone is incapable of writing properly (or is just too damn lazy) then we would not be interested in meeting them drink, let alone anything else.

Those who think "its only sex so why does it matter" are fooling themselves.

lol is text speak!!!

Fantastic, so are the smiley icons and they get used after loads posts from the ones that think they are steven freeking hawkins lol

[Removed by poster at 30/08/12 08:30:13]

lol is text speak!!!

Or just old !

Belter of a retort best one of this post, right up your own arses arent yous !!!!"

yep i am old..but 100% not up my own arse

Why would we want to have sex with someone who shares absolutely none of our values?

Socially we prefer to mix with people who share our own characteristics - educated, polite & reasonably articulate.

If someone is incapable of writing properly (or is just too damn lazy) then we would not be interested in meeting them drink, let alone anything else.

Those who think "its only sex so why does it matter" are fooling themselves. "

Meet them drink?

"Meeting them for a drink", perhaps you should really practise what you preech.

lol is text speak!!!

Or just old !

Belter of a retort best one of this post, right up your own arses arent yous !!!!

yep i am old..but 100% not up my own arse "

People might find it difficult in using grammar or spell correctly does not mean they are not worth any value text speak might be a better way of talking with others,my cousin has learning problems and uses text speak most of the time does not mean she is thick she is fantastic at art and music people all have different strenghs so yeah my post still stands.

"So basically caus i text type il never get a fuck? Wtf? Im really a very nice person but i spell as if txtin! If ppl dont wanna kno thats up to them...... But tbh we not doin too bad plenty msgs n plenty of sex "

Good reply you got it in one.

By *orny Biker 69Man  over a year ago

Greenford

I wouldnt neccesarily "write someone off" for sending me a message in txt speak, but I certainly wouldn't send a message written in that way; I think that if you are going to message somebody with the obviously ultimate aim of getting into their knicks/pants, you at least owe then the respect of a properly written message.

Just a thought

"I wouldnt neccesarily "write someone off" for sending me a message in txt speak, but I certainly wouldn't send a message written in that way; I think that if you are going to message somebody with the obviously ultimate aim of getting into their knicks/pants, you at least owe then the respect of a properly written message.

Just a thought"

Grammar might not be there strenghs would your right them off if they caught your eye in another way ?

As i said different people have different strenghs.

By *win PeaksCouple  over a year ago

Northamptonshire

On a similar vein. Does anyone find reading profiles that are all in CAPITALS difficult to read too?

Oh I get it too

"

the biggest sex organ is the brain if you cant turn that on...forget it

Someone else 'gets it' !! "

This topic seems to suggest that for a certain proportion of Fab members a properly written message is a factor in making their choices about who to meet.

Your chances can only be improved if a little time & effort is made to write properly. Its not as if a spell check is not easily available!

On the other hand a text speak message will definitely ruin your chances in some cases.

It seems like a "no brainer" to me.

"I wouldnt neccesarily "write someone off" for sending me a message in txt speak, but I certainly wouldn't send a message written in that way; I think that if you are going to message somebody with the obviously ultimate aim of getting into their knicks/pants, you at least owe then the respect of a properly written message.

Just a thought

Grammar might not be there strenghs would your right them off if they caught your eye in another way ?

As i said different people have different strenghs."

There is a world of difference between a lack of grammar and the conscious decision to write a message in 'Txt Spk' though.

Just a thought

As i said different people have different strenghs.

There is a world of difference between a lack of grammar and the conscious decision to write a message in 'Txt Spk' though.

"

As i said above about people that have learning problems ie dyslexia may find it easier to use abbreviations,that person could be great at maths music etc so would you right them off ?

Writing in capitals just come's across as aggressive don't you think?

"Writing in capitals just come's across as aggressive don't you think?"

Very i find them scary

Northamptonshire

Also plain unreadable. Have you noticed that they don't do any road signs in block capitals for that very reason.

"Also plain unreadable. Have you noticed that they don't do any road signs in block capitals for that very reason."

I hadn't actually but now have a topic of conversation cheers xxx I'm on my phone so I often poorly punctuate and my grammar and spelling can sometimes be a little off but you can still tell those who are on similar intellectual wavelength nonetheless however text speech is just plain annoying for me xx

because some people cant get their brains around it i guess

dont use it much but have no issues with reading it

"Writing in capitals just come's across as aggressive don't you think?

Very i find them scary "

I can put up with txt speak, write in capitals and it just gets deleted , aggressive, scary you wonder if the writer shouts there way through life!

Twin peaks please don't get me started on road signs .....I'm a trucker , I have nightmares about road signs !

lol is text speak!!!

Or just old !

Belter of a retort best one of this post, right up your own arses arent yous !!!!

People might find it difficult in using grammar or spell correctly does not mean they are not worth any value text speak might be a better way of talking with others,my cousin has learning problems and uses text speak most of the time does not mean she is thick she is fantastic at art and music people all have different strenghs so yeah my post still stands."

and is she on this swinging site? As i thought this was about text talk when sending messages for a meet? Not about whether you send messages via mobile to your family etc

We find text talk unbearable, often incomprehensible, and the message will be deleted.

It takes no more time to write a message, in clear English.

Grammar/spelling/punctuation is important but can be more overlooked than text talk.

We think it is highly lazy, but that is our opinion.

We want to swing/mix/meet people with a certain level of intelligence.

People that use text talk are invariably what we consider not compatible with us.

How people write their messages to me is an indication of the type of person they are likely to be. Text speak and bad spelling tells me personally that this person is lazy and can't be bothered to make an impression which is probably what it would be like if we met up.

"How people write their messages to me is an indication of the type of person they are likely to be. Text speak and bad spelling tells me personally that this person is lazy and can't be bothered to make an impression which is probably what it would be like if we met up."

Northamptonshire

Maybe we are simply from a different generation and are being left behind. As for using txt tlk on Fab, well a profile needs to touch on the type of person / persons that it's written about so you can get a feel for them a little. That does happen when it's written in txt tlk.

Northamptonshire

That should read " that it goes not happen" with text talk

"We find text talk unbearable, often incomprehensible, and the message will be deleted.

It takes no more time to write a message, in clear English.

Grammar/spelling/punctuation is important but can be more overlooked than text talk.

We think it is highly lazy, but that is our opinion.

We want to swing/mix/meet people with a certain level of intelligence.

People that use text talk are invariably what we consider not compatible with us.

Absolutely agree

"

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

At the end of the day, and it's been said many times before, it's all about personal preferences.

Personally speaking, I don't like text speak, don't use it and wouldn't meet anyone who contacted us and didn't write in English, using correct grammar and punctuation (upto a point, I'm not a complete grammar Nazi)

I'm sure something else would have put us off anyway, given that I'm a grumpy arse !

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

From experience alone - I find myself not compatible with txt spk ppl -

Hinckley

"From experience alone - I find myself not compatible with txt spk ppl - "

Are you determined to post just after me in every thread today

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"From experience alone - I find myself not compatible with txt spk ppl -

Are you determined to post just after me in every thread today "

OOOPS sorry

Hinckley

"From experience alone - I find myself not compatible with txt spk ppl -

Are you determined to post just after me in every thread today OOOPS sorry "

You should post in the 'Who are you stalking' thread

Sheffield

I may be a pedant in the way I write but I do accept that good spelling does not always equal intelligence or a fun personality. I am also aware that my knowledge of accurate grammar is not the best

As someone who checks in from my phone I have also been caught out by predictive text.

But I find text speak difficult if not impossible to decipher. If I can't get the gist on first reading then it's a no thank you from me. But poor spelling and punctuation don't get the thumbs down - possibly a "???" but not an immediate no.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

I completely follow the argument that those who converse on a swingers site in “text speak” are not those that we would want to meet. If you can’t be arsed to type a proper message, then we can be arsed to reply, let alone meet!

The OP is totally wrong to call this a “Sex Site”. It may be turning into that with all the singles joining daily, but it is still a swingers site! I am not against singles in swinging, just the copious amounts of them that are using sites like these as nothing more than a “quick shag” site.

As I understand it, text speak came from a time when phones could only send messages of 160 characters and text speak was used to be able to get the whole message in rather than send two. There is no such limitation on this or any other site (except Twitter which is 140!) and so there is no need for text speak! It is just plain lazy!

lol is text speak!!!

Or just old !

People might find it difficult in using grammar or spell correctly does not mean they are not worth any value text speak might be a better way of talking with others,my cousin has learning problems and uses text speak most of the time does not mean she is thick she is fantastic at art and music people all have different strenghs so yeah my post still stands.

and is she on this swinging site? As i thought this was about text talk when sending messages for a meet? Not about whether you send messages via mobile to your family etc

"

I was making a general observation as someone above said if you use text speak then you are thick.

well said BRAVO

me nt fik ppl.....lmfao....we all m8s,....towie

jump in the pool if ur watch is real

twinkletown

"How people write their messages to me is an indication of the type of person they are likely to be. Text speak and bad spelling tells me personally that this person is lazy and can't be bothered to make an impression which is probably what it would be like if we met up."

Well im certainly not like that!! I txt speak in msgs but i give myself 100% on meeting new ppl!! Not every1 is lazy and makes little effort!

That really annoys me .......i txt speak for opposite reasons im busy working , running a house and lookin after kids so my time limited for msgs!

By *heekygeordieguyMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"How people write their messages to me is an indication of the type of person they are likely to be. Text speak and bad spelling tells me personally that this person is lazy and can't be bothered to make an impression which is probably what it would be like if we met up.

Well im certainly not like that!! I txt speak in msgs but i give myself 100% on meeting new ppl!! Not every1 is lazy and makes little effort!

That really annoys me .......i txt speak for opposite reasons im busy working , running a house and lookin after kids so my time limited for msgs! "

I use some txt speak depending on the situation and I wouldn't think twice about using that in the forums. To state that people using txt spk r thick is pretty ridiculous though. Is is not the fact that they are miffed that they cannot master txt spk themselves?!!!

I think there is a time and a place where proper use of the English language is needed, eg. Work , but in the forums?!! Nah lol. I guess there are some people on here that have too much time on their hands and use it to red biro other people's work

Well like someone else said, I also don't have much time because I have a home, family and work life outside of fab and the forums. So your interpretation of lazy is my interpretation of using my time as best I can. If that involves txt spk so what?

[Removed by poster at 31/08/12 07:50:42]

I think what i was getting at..and yet again this has all been twisted..was that there is no need to send private text type messages to people that you are trying to arrange meets with. I dont care whether its used in forums but it does come across lazy when you receive messages saying 'hi hw r u? I fancy ur wife m8, wana mt up?'

That is what i was getting at..no slander intended to those that are dyslexic or have difficulty spelling as also had this thrown back. If others like this then thats their choice but this is just my opinion and once again the claws come out to alienate and gang up on one particular person.

twinkletown

"I use some txt speak depending on the situation and I wouldn't think twice about using that in the forums. To state that people using txt spk r thick is pretty ridiculous though. Is is not the fact that they are miffed that they cannot master txt spk themselves?!!!

I think there is a time and a place where proper use of the English language is needed, eg. Work , but in the forums?!! Nah lol. I guess there are some people on here that have too much time on their hands and use it to red biro other people's work

Well like someone else said, I also don't have much time because I have a home, family and work life outside of fab and the forums. So your interpretation of lazy is my interpretation of using my time as best I can. If that involves txt spk so what?

"

Northamptonshire

Text talk in the forums is ok. But as can be observed above on this thread if your profile is full of text talk you may miss out as a lot of people won't even bother to read it. The majority prefer written English when reading what basically is a CV.

Look to be honest you can write how you want, all we do is look at the pics. Next!

A CV !! That made me laugh.

I will have to retype ours with our qualifications now

GCSE c grade in BJ (no A grades awarded this year!

Degree in banging like a shit house door in the wind!!!

Seriously from what I have read ( yes even though I can use txt spk) I is also able to read sumtimes !! There seem to be a split of people for and against this.

But if Mr Notts were start posting in the forums there would be an outcry, as his spelling is so awful you may confuse it with some strange kind of txt spk language. But as a businessman and employer of 10+ people he certainly doesn't struggle to hold an intelligent conversation.

Northamptonshire

For me it's not about intelligence but readability (if thats a word). Personally i wouldn't dream of abusing someone for using text talk, each to there own.

By *bervsCouple  over a year ago

Rugby

We find it a huge turn off - makes people sound like daft teenagers and there's nothing sillier than a grown man saying 'FOFL'!

Bein blk country I type as how id speak but that doesn't make me think or a shit lay ! If it puts u off then so be tay like I'm tryin to suduce the etiquette police my accent is ace !

"We find it a huge turn off - makes people sound like daft teenagers and there's nothing sillier than a grown man saying 'FOFL'!"

Wtf is fofl btw?

From a silly grown up woman

Northamptonshire

That lost me too

"That lost me too"

Was it an attempt to make me u-turn on my txt spk opinion!!!

Right this text speak nonsense just has to stop. Folk cannot understand what is being said!

Northamptonshire

Fall on floor laughing. Its all i can think of

"Fall on floor laughing. Its all i can think of"

took me a minute but got there too

what people mean by put off by text speak is that they are not 'intelligent' enough to read it or type text it, and the intelligent people can abbreviate words and read them, its like being able to read two languages

and ive met two women from here who used text speak and both i had intelligent conversation with, had banter with and laughter, and they had great personalities....whats text talk to how someone really is, it means nothing in my opinion

next people will be demanding you have a diploma, 7 A levels and 8 O levels for a shag, whatever next

We expect our meets to have the following qualifications;

1. A pulse

Er that's it actually!! ... No wait one more

2. A sense of humour. We like swinging to be FUN!

oh and for those who aint intelligent enough to read, aint it obvious i 'dont' use text speak, some of you read my post and my profile and assumed i used text speak in messages i send to people (whereas i barely send messages and its obvious why) when i dont, soooo judgemental some people, but i can read it and do it if i so wish, as im intelligent see

By *bervsCouple  over a year ago

Rugby

Different strokes for different folks I guess, just something we've never liked. Much worse when people type like that in work e-mails though!

I ges if thats wot u want then that ok 4 u but sum of us like to hav gd conversashun aswell.

LOL

"oh and for those who aint intelligent enough to read, aint it obvious i 'dont' use text speak, some of you read my post and my profile and assumed i used text speak in messages i send to people (whereas i barely send messages and its obvious why) when i dont, soooo judgemental some people, but i can read it and do it if i so wish, as im intelligent see "

Hmmmmm.........then why start the thread? But for the record, single person personal is I not i, "as Im intelligent see" is terrible grammar and the I'm should be I'm.

Personally, when somebody messages me for a meet, I do study the form of the message. Put simply, some garbage full of spelling, punctuation and grammatical mistakes or written in "txt spk" point to someone who simply does not care what impression they give. Has probably emerged from the murky depths of the gene pool, and has nothing to give that I would like to receive.

See!

lol

"oh and for those who aint intelligent enough to read, aint it obvious i 'dont' use text speak, some of you read my post and my profile and assumed i used text speak in messages i send to people (whereas i barely send messages and its obvious why) when i dont, soooo judgemental some people, but i can read it and do it if i so wish, as im intelligent see

Hmmmmm.........then why start the thread? But for the record, single person personal is I not i, "as Im intelligent see" is terrible grammar and the I'm should be I'm.

Personally, when somebody messages me for a meet, I do study the form of the message. Put simply, some garbage full of spelling, punctuation and grammatical mistakes or written in "txt spk" point to someone who simply does not care what impression they give. Has probably emerged from the murky depths of the gene pool, and has nothing to give that I would like to receive.

See!

lol"

(the I'm should be I'm) quote !

I do like it when some smart ass gets caught out by auto correct lol

This works both ways to me though. We would never wish to meet anyone from the elitist "special gene pool". It's anal, it's boring and it sounds do damn dull.

"oh and for those who aint intelligent enough to read, aint it obvious i 'dont' use text speak, some of you read my post and my profile and assumed i used text speak in messages i send to people (whereas i barely send messages and its obvious why) when i dont, soooo judgemental some people, but i can read it and do it if i so wish, as im intelligent see

See!

lol"

huh? we are talking about text speak not grammar, i dont use grammar because i cant be arsed with it, but it didnt stop you understanding what i said did it or anyone else for that matter? but i suppose not using grammar makes the scum of the earth and not worth knowing

and to be honest i dont care what impression i give to people who are so judgemental on how people speak, type, or text, i started the thread because i see people moaning about it in their profiles and wondered what it has to do with sex, but we now know you need a diploma for a shag, moving swiftly on...where is my diploma

Hun, that's great. But you need to realise that a LOT of women don't want to go to bed with a lout.

The point is, you can't buck city hall, and you can't defy the majority. I'm not elitist, but I do turn my spell and grammar checker on because I can "be arced" as you put it. The fact that you can't be arced is your decision, but you have to realise that it speaks volumes! An awful lot of women will avoid you instantly.

If that suits you, then that's terrific. If not, think on!

And yes, that is bad grammar, just to prove I can do it also.

Done it to me again!

For "arced" please read arsed.

"Done it to me again!

For "arced" please read arsed."

Ah the wonders of spill chucker! Made me larf that

"Hun, that's great. But you need to realise that a LOT of women don't want to go to bed with a lout.

The point is, you can't buck city hall, and you can't defy the majority. I'm not elitist, but I do turn my spell and grammar checker on because I can "be arced" as you put it. The fact that you can't be arced is your decision, but you have to realise that it speaks volumes! An awful lot of women will avoid you instantly.

If that suits you, then that's terrific. If not, think on!

And yes, that is bad grammar, just to prove I can do it also."

and i still dont care what woman avoids me, if they are that judgemental on text speak then they aint worth knowing, its 2012, some of us move with the times, some just dwell in the past, and i still cant be arSed to use grammar

Good for you hun.....and I can see by your verifications how right you are!

ROFL

This thread is becoming a farce.

There's me "for text speak" who has failed to understand text speak...

There's dragon who is against text speak and prefers proper grammar who now can't spell for toffee...

As my old mate Jezzer Kyle says...I think I need a lie down....doh I confessed to watching him!!!!

I bet he's a cracking texter

Possibility you will come on now to tell us how you don't share your verifications!

Northamptonshire

Has this thread got a tad out of hand? Its a preference thats all.

twinkletown

"This thread is becoming a farce.

There's me "for text speak" who has failed to understand text speak...

There's dragon who is against text speak and prefers proper grammar who now can't spell for toffee...

As my old mate Jezzer Kyle says...I think I need a lie down....doh I confessed to watching him!!!!

I bet he's a cracking texter

"

Pmsl

"Has this thread got a tad out of hand? Its a preference thats all. "

All light hearted banter as far as I can tell. Well it is from me anyone, I don't like upsetting people as a general rule

"Good for you hun.....and I can see by your verifications how right you are!

ROFL"

the verifications ive chosen not to show?? judgemental again, i got the tick, and thats enough for me, mfaollflolpmsl

looks at Barnsley's profile..

tattoo's! ffs

"Has this thread got a tad out of hand? Its a preference thats all.

All light hearted banter as far as I can tell. Well it is from me anyone, I don't like upsetting people as a general rule "

some people aint intelligent enough to understand banter

" looks at Barnsley's profile..

tattoo's! ffs "

something else that makes me the scum of the earth

tattoo's! ffs

something else that makes me the scum of the earth "

I think tattoo's are a little way down the list. Are you from Yorkshire?!

Dragon - I think I've got to the bottom of the problem now

is 'shite' a real word or text speak? and whats being a lazy typer or being thick got to do with sex? "

well if it gives off the impression your lazy at typing, then maybe your just as lazy at other things which require more effort

but your profile and messages have alot to do with sex, if they are poor then odds on you wont get no sex on here anyways, as thats all you have to go on via the site, messages and your profile, so if one or both are lacking then the reposnses are going to be lacking also

tattoo's! ffs

Dragon - I think I've got to the bottom of the problem now "

is Barnsley not in Yorkshire? but there is a Barnsley in Gloucestershire too but yes iam from Yorkshire

tattoo's! ffs

is Barnsley not in Yorkshire? but there is a Barnsley in Gloucestershire too but yes iam from Yorkshire "

I could tell. It was your arsey attitude that gave it away. I have a mate from Yorks - he's just the same

tattoo's! ffs

is Barnsley not in Yorkshire? but there is a Barnsley in Gloucestershire too but yes iam from Yorkshire

I could tell. It was your arsey attitude that gave it away. I have a mate from Yorks - he's just the same "

can i put lmfao? or will i get shot for that? haha, hes a great guy too then?

tattoo's! ffs

I could tell. It was your arsey attitude that gave it away. I have a mate from Yorks - he's just the same

can i put lmfao? or will i get shot for that? haha, hes a great guy too then? "

I cannot deny he's a great fella. And funnily enough my nickname for him is bucky which came from mobile predicitve texting lol

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

People messaging me in text speak will just get deleted. If I cant read the message I certainly won't bother to mail them back to ask if they can type it so I can read it.

If the message doesnt appeal to me then no more is going to happen. My mind and body is looking for stimulation and not looking to spend my time working out what on earth the person is talking about!

My choice x

[Removed by poster at 31/08/12 16:44:13]

I can understand it from both ways...

sum ppl dnt lyk to try n fnd out wt stuf stnds 4 n all tht jazz

Then on the other hand it does look better written in proper English... I mean we aren't limited to the amount of characters on here are we?

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

I couldnt read whatever it said so will just smile and say ok....thats good. (hoping that was the correct answer)

If someone cant make an effort to write properly then what effort are they gonna put into getting ready for a meet and same for the actual sex! Sorry but if a person cant be bothered to write real words and write like they are 13 then a meet isnt going to happen.

"I couldnt read whatever it said so will just smile and say ok....thats good. (hoping that was the correct answer)

If someone cant make an effort to write properly then what effort are they gonna put into getting ready for a meet and same for the actual sex! Sorry but if a person cant be bothered to write real words and write like they are 13 then a meet isnt going to happen."

Good answer! It's just the same, can understand on places like twitter where you are limited but no excuse on here.

» Add a new message to this topic