FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Not like pictures

Not like pictures

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *erry2020888 OP   Man  over a year ago

stockport

Hi has anyone experienced meeting someone and when they meet for real they look quite different?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

We haven't personally but some of our friends have and quite common apparently ??? ...takes all sorts ...

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

No I haven’t

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

Unfortunately yes - pretty often. It’s very deflating when the anticipation turns to disappointment.

I met a guy for coffee yesterday though who was the other way round - definitely cuter than the pics he sent me. VERY much looking forward to getting naked with him!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi has anyone experienced meeting someone and when they meet for real they look quite different?"

yes its can be a common thing male and female i/ we just walk away ... many dont thou and thats why the do it

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

We met a couple who's photos were about 6 years old and they'd changed a bit! A Lady posts photos on here where she's very cartoon like looking, in real life you wouldn't believe the difference!

Catfishing I think its called.

I always look by the filters and check out the background in photos.

Its surprising what you can work out by a photo.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

Yes, it's one of the reasons I always have socials.

I refused to verify one bloke because he was using 20 year old photos and had shaved a LOT off his age to get around age filters. He as nothing like the person he'd claimed to be.

By *wales_hotwifeCouple  over a year ago

cardiff or just passing through

We ask for an in-app selfie in the Kik app to try and out the fakers. Surprising just how many people will happily send you a selfie pic but will refuse to send an in-app “live” selfie

Apparently I’m way better in person.

By *hubby CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Essex

We got sent a picture of a couple both looked ok ish, then we accepted the friend request and saw their unfiltered pictures. We’re not overly picky but it was a shock to say the least

"Hi has anyone experienced meeting someone and when they meet for real they look quite different?"

Yes a couple of times a few years ago when we first joined, met a couple & thought their parents stood in for them

By *eachesAndCream99Couple  over a year ago

Outskirts of Cardiff just off the M4

It’s nice when you get told you look even better in person than your photos rather than be shocked at the difference…

By *his_Kitty_ScratchesWoman  over a year ago

WSM

Unfortunately yep I’ve had a few times where someone hasn’t looked like their photos, not just here but through the dating apps too. It’s a disappointment for sure!

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Alot of the time, guys actually look better, because they're rubbish at taking selfies!

Only a couple have been a bit disappointing, looking older/larger than expected.

By *ustfortheforumsWoman  over a year ago

no

"Yes, it's one of the reasons I always have socials.

I refused to verify one bloke because he was using 20 year old photos and had shaved a LOT off his age to get around age filters. He as nothing like the person he'd claimed to be."

I love your profile picture, it made me chuckle

By *ustfortheforumsWoman  over a year ago

no

Honestly I feel like I’m a catfish on here, like I look decent in pictures of myself, but in reality I look uglier...... like I don’t look like the same person

By *inkylipsWoman  over a year ago

Debauchery

I honestly hate taking photos of my face. So I rarely take any but I will update every few months if I can stop looking like I’ve been on a heavy night out. I always worry when I turn up they are going to say I’m a cat fish and be appalled but everyone I have met I’ve had repeat meets with and more than twice so I can’t be that bad a cat fish

"Honestly I feel like I’m a catfish on here, like I look decent in pictures of myself, but in reality I look uglier...... like I don’t look like the same person "

Same here. I'm always so paranoid about being a disappointment to people that I insist on a social so that I can be sure that they mean it if they still want to meet again.

Same. Its why I don't have face or body pics on here, saves all the disappointment when they meet me. And the last 3 men ghosted me so I guess I am uglier/ too large in real life

..... Oh well

By *inkylipsWoman  over a year ago

Debauchery

"Same. Its why I don't have face or body pics on here, saves all the disappointment when they meet me. And the last 3 men ghosted me so I guess I am uglier/ too large in real life

..... Oh well "

I’ve been ghosted as well, it’s not nice but it toughens me up to bull shit. They obviously weren’t worth your time

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"Yes, it's one of the reasons I always have socials.

I refused to verify one bloke because he was using 20 year old photos and had shaved a LOT off his age to get around age filters. He as nothing like the person he'd claimed to be.

I love your profile picture, it made me chuckle "

Thank you, made me laugh too!

By *ixen13Woman  over a year ago

Cowdenbeath

"Honestly I feel like I’m a catfish on here, like I look decent in pictures of myself, but in reality I look uglier...... like I don’t look like the same person "

I feel the same about my pics versus me in the flesh. It makes me so nervous to meet anyone. I've never liked taking selfies and wouldn't even know how to use a filter lol but somehow the pics look better than the reality x

Yes it has happened in the past, thankfully all were social meets! One even asked for a verification

"We ask for an in-app selfie in the Kik app to try and out the fakers. Surprising just how many people will happily send you a selfie pic but will refuse to send an in-app “live” selfie"

Lol Kik to out the fakers? Much easier to do a WhatsApp video call to be sure , had lots of fake live selfies sent on kik before. Hence why I haven't used it for ages

Hell yes lol

Must be a man thing as plenty of comments from woman. I have met guys and can honestly say they have been genuine, except for one recently, let’s just say lockdown had not been good to him. He has actually updated his profile since then.

Aren’t we all a little guilty to some extent?

Surely everybody prefers and would post flattering picture of themselves?

Some people do take the piss though.

Met a girl on a vanilla dating site a few years ago and she was 10 years and 10 stone different!

Yep lot's of time

By *killsMan  over a year ago

Never Never Land

Yes but sometimes it’s understandable. People have hang ups about appearances so take some amazing camera angles. Yes it’s a disappointment when you meet them but then you find out they are actually really nice and have a great time.

By *ustmemyselfandi1Man  over a year ago

southampton

I’m taking this as a compliment…..

» Add a new message to this topic