FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Stereotypes of swingers

Stereotypes of swingers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

At the Christmas table this year a discussion of hot tubs came up. How if you join someone in a hot tub and how close you are it must be awkward. A joke about how they must get there with ‘keys in a bowl’ and ‘older people are into it’ came in. Smugly sitting there as a unicorn on the scene I inadvertently said “those are common misconceptions of swingers and that’s rarely how it works”. Instant silence as they wondered how I knew.

Does anyone come across common things the vanilla community see as the swingers scene?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Pampas grass. Upside-down pineapples. Etc. This weird idea that all swingers must know each other like some sort of secret club - and that there must be a secret sign that we all recognise each other by.

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

I tell you what does surprise me...it's that some think swingers are ok with cheating. Like it's a given!

By *irtyKittenCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

Not just non-swingers.

Some on here think it's a given that female half of a couple will just let them screw them.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"I tell you what does surprise me...it's that some think swingers are ok with cheating. Like it's a given! "

Yes and they fuck anything and anyone

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

My vanilla friend also said if you go to a swingers club, anyone is entitled to touch your private parts

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I tell you what does surprise me...it's that some think swingers are ok with cheating. Like it's a given! "

"Not just non-swingers.

Some on here think it's a given that female half of a couple will just let them screw them. "

Seems like most people think swingers will fuck anyone who asks. I'm sure it's why so many people get very angry when they get turned down.

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

"At the Christmas table this year a discussion of hot tubs came up. How if you join someone in a hot tub and how close you are it must be awkward. A joke about how they must get there with ‘keys in a bowl’ and ‘older people are into it’ came in. Smugly sitting there as a unicorn on the scene I inadvertently said “those are common misconceptions of swingers and that’s rarely how it works”. Instant silence as they wondered how I knew.

Does anyone come across common things the vanilla community see as the swingers scene? "

Funnily enough there was a reference on "the scots" a daft comedy on tv about having a hot tub being sign of being swingers

"My vanilla friend also said if you go to a swingers club, anyone is entitled to touch your private parts "

Good Heavens that is just so wrong. It says more about your friend than you probably need to know!

By *ecky and justCouple  over a year ago

Godalming

Many times, comments have been thrown around about swingers while at work or out with vanilla friends. We just met them slide by with a knowing smile..

if someone feels the need to ridicule something, they’re hardly in the right head space to understand it if explained to them..

"I tell you what does surprise me...it's that some think swingers are ok with cheating. Like it's a given!

Yes and they fuck anything and anyone "

That's what most of the guys on here think!!!

"I tell you what does surprise me...it's that some think swingers are ok with cheating. Like it's a given!

That's what most of the guys on here think!!! "

I am glad you qualified your post with most!

Some of us single chaps are not all bad.

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

That's what most of the guys on here think!!! "

You're wrong. Not all of us.

If you saw me at work, with my shirt, tie, smart trousers and shoes, managing my team, you wouldn't suspect a thing. And that's how I like it. My secret life us not for broadcast, or tittle tattle at the coffee machine

By *helroyCouple  over a year ago

Skegness

all think that nudists are swingers and at beach they all think wife wants to fuck them all

By *ndiiiMan  over a year ago

Paisley Scotland

[Removed by poster at 27/12/22 09:33:31]

Paisley Scotland

[Removed by poster at 27/12/22 09:33:19]

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

"all think that nudists are swingers and at beach they all think wife wants to fuck them all "

That's to do with Studland, and all those videos of guys wanking. Not for me

Paisley Scotland

That's what most of the guys on here think!!!

You're wrong. Not all of us.

If you saw me at work, with my shirt, tie, smart trousers and shoes, managing my team, you wouldn't suspect a thing. And that's how I like it. My secret life us not for broadcast, or tittle tattle at the coffee machine "

I agree. I keep my 2 lives apart. What i do has nothing to do with anyone else.

Unless i invite them xx

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

I think a lot of people would see it as something sordid or dirty without realising its not all about sex, it's a relaxed way of life without hang ups.

"all think that nudists are swingers and at beach they all think wife wants to fuck them all "

Again that is a generalisation. I have frequented a few naturist beaches in my time and have not thought that in the slightest.

By *icplshropsCouple  over a year ago

Rock

I think a lot of the misconceptions surrounding swinging is how it’s been betrayed in the media. Comedy sketches on shows, tv dramas and movies, depicting swingers as raving sex maniacs preying upon unsuspecting vanillas; or subjected to raging orgies as soon as you walk into a club, where consent is left at the door.

I would love to put some people ‘straight’ about what swinging actually is when it’s spoken about. But then again, how can you explain how you know without the treatment of being ridiculed, etc. Or losing friendships, which unfortunately, I have to someone I’ve known many years

J

By *hocolateRodMan  over a year ago

London and over UK

"At the Christmas table this year a discussion of hot tubs came up. How if you join someone in a hot tub and how close you are it must be awkward. A joke about how they must get there with ‘keys in a bowl’ and ‘older people are into it’ came in. Smugly sitting there as a unicorn on the scene I inadvertently said “those are common misconceptions of swingers and that’s rarely how it works”. Instant silence as they wondered how I knew.

Does anyone come across common things the vanilla community see as the swingers scene? "

One thing that would surprise vanilla is how "normal" swingers are - before i got into swinging, i assumed it was hippies who were into free love, with bell bottom pants or Austin powers types.

Most of my swinging friends are very normal, respectable (whatever that means) and no one would have a clue what we/they get upto.

A lot of vanilla people knock swinging because the really want to do it but haven't the nerve or opportunity. Anyone who has experienced the pure joy of proper swinging as we have would never knock it. Xx

I have actually met a couple that started off in their hottub in the garden was kind of like a social that skipped a lot of waiting for the next bit lol

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

I recently visited a genital health / STD clinic. Discussing with the health professional that I was a swinger, she said "oh you go to those parties then". I told her I went to a local swingers club regularly and chatted to people online. She asked how many sexual partners I'd had and was shocked that I'd only slept with about 6 guys in the last year and worn condoms with 5 of the 6.

I was dismayed at how she obviously pre judged me and seemed to think I'd be dropping keys in a bowl and fucking large numbers of random people each time. Hopefully she'll view it differently in future.

By *orl1971Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

We do seem to be on the edge of how society treat minorities. You generally would not hear people talk about other groups in the way swingers are discussed by vanilla people.

We’ve never heard anyone with a legal sexual preference who would fear for their jobs if outed but yet we’ve spoken to plenty of swingers who have worried about being sacked if their swinging secret was revealed.

» Add a new message to this topic