FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Boudoir or Erotic photography

Boudoir or Erotic photography

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oneys1 OP   Couple 43 weeks ago

Glasgow

Has anyone had any professional boudoir or erotic photos done?

What was your experience?

Some of the boudoir ones look very tame and like something you would see in a catalogue.

Any recommendations on photographers?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple4voyeurCouple 43 weeks ago

Birmingham

Just remember the camera person owns the copyright to the photos.

We've had loads offer thier service and always turn them down for the above.

By *rHotNottsMan 43 weeks ago

Dubai

It’s a shame but I guess get fill a gap for the vanilla people wanting to do something sexy.

There’s plenty of photographers with studios will do custom shoots.

As said above the photographer always own the intellectual property of their work, not the models , unless they sell it or give it away.

By (user no longer on site) 43 weeks ago

Being a semi-retired photographer the copyright law can be a minefield. However, any good photographer would sign the copyright over to the client for a set fee, They may include restricting some use of the images or may want royalties if you were to sell such images.

But I would suggest that any pro photographer always want you to sign a contract before any work is undertaken.

By *angerouslemaisonsMan 43 weeks ago

Peterborough

I was thinking about doing erotic photography and when looking at it I was thinking I would not retain the copyright on all work just a few select images and sign the rest over to the client as part of the fee

By *heirry84Man 43 weeks ago

Powys

"Has anyone had any professional boudoir or erotic photos done?

Some of the boudoir ones look very tame and like something you would see in a catalogue.

Any recommendations on photographers?"

It's quite hard to find professional boudoir photographers as there's not much of a market for it. I have toyed with the idea of doing this sort of thing myself and even done a couple of shoots. However, I was put me off by models and location hunting. Studio doesn't really cut it as i like to use the environment to compliment the photos. Like a nice big bed or bay windows. Also, natural light works really well for boudoir. Then there's the models, if you pay for one, you generally have to go quite tame as they have limits. When not using models people generally don't react well to the camera and you spend as much time directing as taking images. Plus you have the issues like mentioned above... just to be clear: no pro photographer would ever let you have ownership of the photos. Unless you are paying a hell of a lot of money to buy the copyright or explicitly paying them not to use your images. Never heard of either of these happening in my 20 years as a tog. It's how we advertise ourselves. You're commissioning an artist to make a piece of art for you, why would the you then own them? You think the mona Lisa was owned by her?

There are some really good boudoir togs just a Google search away. However you're looking at around £500-£1000 for someone good. As they say though, pay peanuts and get monkeys.

All the best of luck with your search

By *ink and inkedCouple 43 weeks ago

Essex

"Has anyone had any professional boudoir or erotic photos done?

Any recommendations on photographers?"

I would love to have an erotic shoot done but it worries me where the content could end up

By *ickdasterdly51Man 43 weeks ago

Lingfield

Interesting, it had never occurred to me that the photographer would own the copyright. I had assumed that I would be paying an agreed fee for him to take pictures for me and hand them over once finished. Oh well, that's another idea consigned to the bin!

By *heirry84Man 43 weeks ago

Powys

For all those worried as well. Could you not just have an underwear shoot done? Images would be classier, as we all know most action shots aren't very flattering, and you wouldn't have to worry about where they would end up.

By *napperSpikeMan 43 weeks ago

St Albans

Under UK law you have a right to privacy under Section 85(1) of the Copyright, Designs & Patents Act 1988, so though the photographer owns the copyright they can't do anything with the images without the permision of whoever commissioned & payed for them.

It is worth noting there are a lot of photographers who are under the misconception that owning the copyright gives them carte blanche to publish & though you can then take legal action & claim damages it is rather shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

QED discuss privacy considerations with the photographer in advance.

However if no money changes hands there would be no contract & you are relying on trust between you & the photographer, some are trustworthy & take pride in their reputation as such, others don't.

If in doubt use an intervalometer app on your phone.

By *ikerbob1957Man 43 weeks ago

Glasgow

I've taken photos for couples and singles in the past.

They give me an SD card and I take the photos and when I'm finished I give the person their own card back.

I never take shots away with me or take any money

By *uteLittleGeekWoman 43 weeks ago

Somewhere

I have had photoshoots.

I would recommend GP erotica. They are based in Yorkshire.

By *apio_dominusMan 37 weeks ago

Douglas

I shoot professionally and to be honest I get clients to book in and choose the style of images they want. The booking confirmation email includes a copy of the terms & conditions and the shoot style. I always make a point of reminding people that they get a licence to use the images however they want, just not got commercial purposes - I have a separate booking form for online creators who want to sell images.

That's as much for my protection as anything else, the lady thing I want is someone saying I forced them into shooting something they're not comfortable with. It's all clear and above board that way, just for everyone's comfort.

I've had people all me to use their camera or use their memory card, but tbh I edit all the images they're given, so for those I suggest I can give them some tips and to prescribe at home with a mobile phone and a small Bluetooth remote button (cost less than £10 on Amazon). That way they can enjoy creating any images they want, without concerns over privacy. To me, that's a difference between professional images and your own erotic images, it's mostly about what you're after. Plus, you can practice at home, and then if you get professional ones done you're already used to posing etc and you get even better images!!

Feel free to message if you want any tips etc, airways happy to chat photography & posing

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

"

However if no money changes hands there would be no contract & you are relying on trust between you & the photographer, some are trustworthy & take pride in their reputation as such, others don't.

"

The exchange of money, goods, or services is irrelevant. There are basic principles at play without a contract. Unless agreed beforehand or signed over afterwards, copyright automatically resides with the photographer. Ownership of copyright doesn’t guarantee a license or permission to publish or use in other ways, which again needs to be agreed between parties.

Douglas

Photographs of an individual are considered personal data under gdpr and require consent to be published.

That consent can be withdrawn at any time, there's no expiry on consent.

Ironic to be discussing consent on a swinger's site, but not in a sexual context

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 37 weeks ago

Leeds

I've never had any professionally done but I know Andrew wood do a 50 shades type photo shoot they always look great.

Mrs

By *icentiousCouple 37 weeks ago

Up on them there hills

L has been on one.

Had a great time, the photographer was super professional and the results were great.

By *eandmrsjones69Couple 37 weeks ago

Middle England

"Just remember the camera person owns the copyright to the photos.

We've had loads offer thier service and always turn them down for the above."

Can't they just sign the ownership/copyright over; isn't that what a copyright transfer agreement is for?

A quick search: "...To be a valid assignment, it must be made in writing and signed by or on behalf of the assignor. No other formalities are required and there are no special words to be used."

By *uzySuzyCouple 37 weeks ago

Lytham St Annes

enjoyed the experience and the results tbh had an offer I couldnt refuse a free shoot with a pro camera man ..3hrs no rush 600 pics and hubby enjoyed the show lol win win

By *adyJayneWoman 37 weeks ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"It's quite hard to find professional boudoir photographers as there's not much of a market for it. "

Your research failed you.

I can name several off the top of my head but in the northwest I'd reccomend

MyBoudoir in for pin up / vintage / trad Boudoir

Or

ClickClickBang near Burnley for all the above plus weird/quirky/alt/fet/kink

By *adyJayneWoman 37 weeks ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

But as someone else has said... Be prepared for it to be expensive. This is their living and your 3 hours with them equates to actually 3 days worth of work.

Something I’d actually love to do … would love to be comfortable enough with someone for them to take some of me

Douglas

It's free in the Isle of Man

By *andS1Couple 37 weeks ago

Poole

We have looked into it for a while and the best we have seen is a company called Secret Exposure. The photos are out of this world. I believe it's just one lady that does it and seems very professional and she has won awards for her photography. Comes with a premium price but you get what you pay for I guess.

By *otguy555Man 37 weeks ago

Bristol

I do a bit of ameture photography and hsve just started doing erotic shoots. My latest one was incredibley hot. I woukd share pics with anyone who wanted to see them but i would need permission from her

By *in-n-TonicCouple 37 weeks ago

East mids

I'm a photographer and would happily do erotic photos of others, in the day it's weddings and Events

By *ewsexycplCouple 37 weeks ago

Staffordshire

We had a boudoir shoot this year, see pics in our profile.... It was awesome, Missus could go as far as she wanted really, so she did topless but not bottomless.

All good fun!

this is precisely the reason we havent used a photographer, its something we'd love but would hate for our pictures/videos to be out there out of our control with faces etc still present.

We kind of try make our own tbh x

By *asseur77Man 32 weeks ago

chelmsford

I am a mature naturist love being naked with others a few years ago I was asked to take some photos which I found great fun with some nice wine good conversation can be a great turn on hope to hear from you

By (user no longer on site) 32 weeks ago

A lot of misconceptions here.

I would recommend going with a professional photographer. Yes copyright is automatically owned by the creator of the work unless they have signed it over in a hork for hire or similar and or can sign it over to a client.

Copyright ownership still leaves the photographer with limits to what they may do with the work.

Back to point no 1. Go with a professional photographer because their reputation is worth more than whatever they are likely to do with your images outside your agreed use. Most don't even do anything above boudoir or advertise it as its not profitable and could have negative consequences from other clients.

So if they do it's likely to be a silent job on the side.

Now if you go with a random girl/guy who thinks it's a fun gig.... Well...

By *iniskirtcoupleCouple 32 weeks ago

Lincoln + roadtrips

Regarding copyright:

Regardless of who we think may or may not own the copyright to a personal photoshoot - no photographer or studio has any rights to publish or use photographs they take of you unless they get you to sign a model release (or a contract that includes a model release clause).

If you don't sign a model release and the photographer subsequently publishes the photos, they can be sued.

(Source: I'm an ex-photo-journalist, glamour photographer, magazine and website editor, publisher -- and I have an experienced media lawyer in my immediate family)

By *adyforlady!Woman 32 weeks ago

Carrick

I had it done last year (my profile pic is one of the photos). I loved it

By *sLillyMrWolfeCouple 32 weeks ago

near you...

We've had some fun with a couple of photographers in London and happy to pass on details. They were happy to use our camera and we sent them a couple of photos for their portfolios.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 32 weeks ago

Leeds

I haven't had any professionally done ones, I'm not sure I could relax enough with someone I don't know behind the camera, I'm a bit awkward like that.

We just have a tripod with Bluetooth clicker, get it on and click away, I'm always pleasantly surprised to see what pics we get at the end.

Mrs

"Regarding copyright:

Regardless of who we think may or may not own the copyright to a personal photoshoot - no photographer or studio has any rights to publish or use photographs they take of you unless they get you to sign a model release (or a contract that includes a model release clause).

If you don't sign a model release and the photographer subsequently publishes the photos, they can be sued.

(Source: I'm an ex-photo-journalist, glamour photographer, magazine and website editor, publisher -- and I have an experienced media lawyer in my immediate family)

"

The only way that can happen is if you actually pay a photographer to do the job. Under the act, it has to be a paid gig for the legislation to apply. If it is free by someone on here that is very different. The same protection doesn't apply and certainly hasn't been tested in court.

Being realistic taking legal action (this is going to be civil law), you are going to be paying a very high price in legal fees over a long time period. So very unlikely anyone is going to sue anyone. Go down that route and you could end up in the papers. Nothing like a juicy salacious story in the local rag.

If you are worried about pictures appearing, do them yourself. Or else, as already said. Get a current professional photographer to do it and get a written contract.

By *elshsunsWoman 32 weeks ago

Flintshire

I had some lovely ones done to celebrate being 60 a few years ago she was a female photographer and made me feel wonderful and relaxed

By *ontWannaMissASwingCouple 32 weeks ago

Bristol

Mrs had some done years ago, before we started swinging, in lingerie and corsets etc. We have some of the pics up in our bedroom.

At the time she was super nervous/bashful about dressing in lingerie for strangers... how things change, eh! Haha

"Just remember the camera person owns the copyright to the photos.

We've had loads offer thier service and always turn them down for the above."

I’ve done at least a dozen boudoir shoots and have always found photographers who will sign the copyright over to me.

Even so, unless you sign giving consent to having your photos used they can’t just automatically use them anywhere and everywhere.

By *orthern_silver_foxMan 32 weeks ago

Cramlington

Done quite a few. Both boudoir and also of a more adult nature. Limited to what I could share though as most value their privacy. And that always needs to be respected regardless of copyright.

Most have been in their homes. Generally the female only, but also one couple. Not just confined to the bedroom, some fun shots in the kitchen and sitting room too. While I've done some outdoor work too

» Add a new message to this topic