FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > One night stands

One night stands

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asyuk OP   Man 29 weeks ago

West London

I prefer an ongoing one night stand

Quite a sexy article though:

https://www.vogue.com/article/a-case-for-the-one-night-stand

Without the expectation of a long-term relationship you can be far more intimate and far more adventurous.

Perhaps that's why we're all here?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lxxx888Man 29 weeks ago

leeds

"I prefer an ongoing one night stand

Without the expectation of a long-term relationship you can be far more intimate and far more adventurous.

Perhaps that's why we're all here? "

I prefer a FWB, connection grows and the sex gets a lot better without the fear of “what are we” and the emotions ruining it

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 29 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

If the only way for someone to make a genuine human connection and be themselves is to think of it as a fleeting one off, that seems a little sad.

I didn't read the whole thing. I lost the will to live around Otley. Maybe it makes more sense if you read the whole thing.

By *4bimMan 29 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

if you want no attachments whatsoever 1 and done is all you require.

its about getting your head right first and knowing what you actually want. some people want a repeat, others like to move on.

By *ucka39Man 29 weeks ago

Newcastle

I assumed a one night stand was a one night and chances of seeing them again would be rare hence one night

By *penbicoupleCouple 29 weeks ago

Northampton

"Without the expectation of a long-term relationship you can be far more intimate and far more adventurous."

That's not been my experience.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple 29 weeks ago

Coventry

A bit hit n miss in my experience over the years (mainly experience of one night stands on nights out/holidays). You really don't know how someone will be and how easy you both flow together until you get into bed together. Had some awesome ones and some mediocre ones. Had some really surprising awesome ones (sometimes it's the women you least expect) and some a bit not up to expectations. But all good fun. I love the excitement undressing someone new for the first time and anticipation for what they'll be like. I love variety, I love getting to experience different women. Just the pure enjoyment of something that is completely of that time and space without the pressure of looking beyond that time and space.

I also agree there can be certain freedom to a one night stand. Providing there a feeling of mutual trust. You can be someone else, do something different or new in that time and space. Without worry too much of the rejection or judgment of someone important or potentially important to you. Without thinking too much about its consequences going forward (as long as you use protection mind ). Some of the wildest sex I've had has been one night stand. I think partly because of this aspect.

Mr

By *empest2kMan 29 weeks ago

Derby

No idea, as I've never had a one-night stand

By *otwife and sexy beastCouple 29 weeks ago

rochester

I didn't used to mind the odd one night stand, it was the "walk of shame" the next morning I wasn't keen on.

HW

By *asyuk OP   Man 27 weeks ago

West London

Perhaps that's why we're all here?

I prefer a FWB, connection grows and the sex gets a lot better without the fear of “what are we” and the emotions ruining it "

That's what I meant by "on-going" as opposed to the article.

It's not one off but it is also not as frequent as an fwb relationship due to...life.

By *idden Gem69Woman 27 weeks ago

north lanarkshire

Ive had a fair few one night stands, some have went on to be fuck buddys or friends with benefits.

Love the idea of meeting someone in a pub or somewhere and going home with them for the 1st time

West London

"If the only way for someone to make a genuine human connection and be themselves is to think of it as a fleeting one off, that seems a little sad.

I didn't read the whole thing. I lost the will to live around Otley. Maybe it makes more sense if you read the whole thing."

The sense of it was more about being willing to share more and more quickly than with someone you are assessing/interviewing (which you are doing subconsciously) for a long term relationship.

It is a different connection, I suppose. Intense and brief rather than long and deep and multi-faceted.

West London

"I didn't used to mind the odd one night stand, it was the "walk of shame" the next morning I wasn't keen on.

HW"

West London

"if you want no attachments whatsoever 1 and done is all you require.

its about getting your head right first and knowing what you actually want. some people want a repeat, others like to move on.

"

It's surprising to me how few people do this, but people are people.

West London

"A bit hit n miss in my experience over the years (mainly experience of one night stands on nights out/holidays). You really don't know how someone will be and how easy you both flow together until you get into bed together. Had some awesome ones and some mediocre ones. Had some really surprising awesome ones (sometimes it's the women you least expect) and some a bit not up to expectations. But all good fun. I love the excitement undressing someone new for the first time and anticipation for what they'll be like. I love variety, I love getting to experience different women. Just the pure enjoyment of something that is completely of that time and space without the pressure of looking beyond that time and space.

I also agree there can be certain freedom to a one night stand. Providing there a feeling of mutual trust. You can be someone else, do something different or new in that time and space. Without worry too much of the rejection or judgment of someone important or potentially important to you. Without thinking too much about its consequences going forward (as long as you use protection mind ). Some of the wildest sex I've had has been one night stand. I think partly because of this aspect.

Mr"

I think that's well articulated.

By *atureGuy62Man 27 weeks ago

DE7

No, we're all here for different reasons. I'm here to make friends for regular fun

By *atureGuy62Man 27 weeks ago

DE7

"I didn't used to mind the odd one night stand, it was the "walk of shame" the next morning I wasn't keen on.

HW"

Why would you feel shame?

» Add a new message to this topic