FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > The price to pay for a free site?

The price to pay for a free site?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ichNjudy OP   Couple  over a year ago

stoke on trent

We were wondering, do you think there are more timewasters on this site because it is free, compared to a pay site?

We use this site plus LS which is a pay site. We've had more meets from LS though to be fair we have been there longer, having said that in the last six months we have had far more meets from this site so this situation may eventually reverse.

On the other side of the coin we have had a lot more folks let us down after arranging a meet through fabswingers than we ever had through LS and this problem seems to be getting more common of late.

We've met some couples who would never ever use a free site because they feel that free sites are just full of wannabies and timewasters. Are they just misinformed or maybe they talk from personal experience?

We also know quite a few couples who use both this site and at least one of the big pay sites.

Personally we also think the best way is to use both free + one of the major pay sites (best of both worlds eh?) and have renewed our subs there even though we get plenty of meets from here.

How do others feel? Is the price to pay for using a free site that there more folks here who will mess you about, or is it just our perception? And how many of you, like us, use both types of site?

xxxx

J&R

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

We use both and I have found no difference between the two...in fact I was thinking of cancelling the one we pay for, but we attend more social events as there seems to be more closer to us,even that means over an hrs drive and a night in a hotel though...not that I mind

The whinges and moans are exactly the same as here and all about the same subjects

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

We are also members of a pay site and I think fab is the better of the 2 and of course there are still timewasters on both but fab is no worse than the pay site in that trespect.

god I sound bad...

have been on .......

AFF.... found too big and got messages from folks in texas, denmark , mumbai... buses from forfar to mumbai not good lol ....

Swinging Heaven... no verification process and found to be the worst for TW's

Local Swingers.... good site but not as busy as before.

Fab....I truly find best of all..... defo's TW's but I think am quite good at spotting em now..... so I do well not being messed about x

my opinion xxx

LS ?????

Oh yes I remember. a very insignicant little site indeed ..

Last time I looked - 14 in the chatrooms lmao .. pah !

We were members of LS and hardly got anywhere. We've had more meets and many more chances of meets since we joined Fabs, and into the bargain, Fabs is nowhere near as clicky as LS. In fact I don't think it is possible to be more clicky than LS to be honest.

So far as time wasters are concerned, There will be more on here than other sites, but then again there are one hell of a lot more members on here than there are on some other sites .. so that goes without saying

All in all, this is a brilliant site, it's free and it's hats off to the new owners for making it that way ... Long may it continue ..

Forum Mod

Yee Haa!!! I second that! the first time I logged onto here I loved it and other sites just pale in comparison,I don't feel as comfortable anywhere else

Sad or what? lol

To be honest i think everyones experiences will be different and vary according to what you are, i.e a single man, a single woman, a couple or group. I have been a member of various pay sites as well as free sites and have had bad experiences of both.

I have found alot of paying sites have false profiles on them, which have been added by the site owners to stir up trade and entice you to part with your money in order to reply to what i now know are obvious false profiles (learn by ones mistakes). On top of that there are the usual timewasters and people pretending to be something their not but i guess you get that on ALL sites.

But saying that i have made friends and had quite a few meets with people on paying sites, while i have had no meets and hardly made any friends from this site and other free ones. No malicious intent intended but i have found this site to be the worse for finding meets and friends and i have no idea why? I think if people people part with their money and join paying sites they are genuinely seeking meets and will actively pursue while their membership lasts etc, while those on free sites have nothing to lose and can maybe sit back and wait for people to come to them without the pressure of a membership elapsing...

We are only members of two sites, both free, so quite interested in this thread.

W

We think that a lot of success depends upon what part of the country you are from.

For example whilst were members of LS, there wasn't a great deal of the membership from our area (North East) yes there were some, but not a lot and we cannot see the point of travelling the length and breadth of the UK just for a meet ..

However on this site, there are many many more members from our immediate area and if we were to be honest(and this is not bragging btw) we could have a meet at least once, probably twice a week - every week. Whilst being fleeced, sorry being members, of LS we never had that choice.

Supposing this site became a pay site overnight, we'd happily pay because we know that the potential to have a meet close to home is very very high indeed and what more could anyone ask for ?

By *ichNjudy OP   Couple  over a year ago

stoke on trent

Well as we said in the opening post, we've actually had more meets (and have more feedback) on LS than we have on here, but we have been members of LS maybe 8 months longer and of late we have had most meets from this site.

To add to this discussion a little, here are a couple questions

1. how many of you use paysites as well as free ones

2. Why do you use paysites when you can have free ones?

We'll answer first in fairness, we used LS originally because when we first started swinging by chance we typed into google "local swingers" and that was the first one that came up on the list! Simple as that. We still use the paysite as well as fab for two reasons really, one because we've had some good success on there and two because the amount it costs per year is cheap enough to be of of no real significance.

Would we use this site if it was a pay site? Sure we would, for as long as we

were getting what we want from it. Would it mean less timewasters? The jury seems to be out on that one

xxxx

J&R

We used a paysite at 1st because we thought Free = Rubbish.

Someone then told us about LS and we joined, thought it was great. Then again we had nothing to compare it with apart from SH, which was crap - even worse than LS if that is possible

In hindsight, LS must be the most clicky place in the universe with a handful of crettans 'running' the forums and "thinking" that they run the rest of the site.

Then we had a site owner who would not back his chatroom moderating team .... need I go on ??

Then we joined Fabs, and tbh were not bowled over by the site at 1st, but given that we'd been banned from LS by this time' we had to give it a go, refusing to give anyone else our hard earned cash

And here we are now, enjoying a free site which is so much better than LS and which also has owners who back up their mods and listen to suggestions - and all of this for free !!!!!

Keep up the good work SJ_Mark ...

"We used a paysite at 1st because we thought Free = Rubbish.

Someone then told us about LS and we joined, thought it was great. Then again we had nothing to compare it with apart from SH, which was crap - even worse than LS if that is possible

In hindsight, LS must be the most clicky place in the universe with a handful of crettans 'running' the forums and "thinking" that they run the rest of the site.

Then we had a site owner who would not back his chatroom moderating team .... need I go on ??

Then we joined Fabs, and tbh were not bowled over by the site at 1st, but given that we'd been banned from LS by this time' we had to give it a go, refusing to give anyone else our hard earned cash

And here we are now, enjoying a free site which is so much better than LS and which also has owners who back up their mods and listen to suggestions - and all of this for free !!!!!

Keep up the good work SJ_Mark ..."

stop ass licking red hahahaha x

"We used a paysite at 1st because we thought Free = Rubbish.

Keep up the good work SJ_Mark ...

stop ass licking red hahahaha x"

As If ... pmsl

By *lex_NottsCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

They will have just as many on a free as a pay site. It depends on how good your bullshit detector is to see if you got timewasted too often. We have a system that has not failed us into being disappointed. Follow simple checks and timewasters shouldn't be a problem

Dave_Notts

With Dave on this, life in general is full of wannabees and time wasters so why would any swing site, free or pay be any different.

We have a method that seems to work, it's simplistic, involves a little thoughtful research, some polite conversation, and in company with intuition this seems to work OK for us

» Add a new message to this topic