FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Copper Coil

Copper Coil

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I want to come off the pill because the side effects i cant take anymore, its making me really depressed. Have tried all different types same story. I just want to be my happy self again.

I know the copper coil is hormone free and i really want to use that. Has anyone had the coil fitted or had problems with it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had no problems with it whilst in but when i went to have it changed it had been fitted wrongly and was embedded so had a hell of a time having it removed.

By *uteirishaWoman  over a year ago

ghost town

Im on my second one..whilst uncomfortable being fitted..Ive luckily had no problems with mine.. its my best friend!..I know a few women that also have it and have had no bother.. I guess its trial and error with everything and everyone.. best of luck!

By *rT30Man  over a year ago

Munster

What the hell is a copper coil might i ask?

"I want to come off the pill because the side effects i cant take anymore, its making me really depressed. Have tried all different types same story. I just want to be my happy self again.

I know the copper coil is hormone free and i really want to use that. Has anyone had the coil fitted or had problems with it?"

Just be careful no pykies nick it... this is just a joke and not aimed at causing offence

"I had no problems with it whilst in but when i went to have it changed it had been fitted wrongly and was embedded so had a hell of a time having it removed."

I went on the coil after the pill but had terrible periods whilst on it and was in pain

"I want to come off the pill because the side effects i cant take anymore, its making me really depressed. Have tried all different types same story. I just want to be my happy self again.

I know the copper coil is hormone free and i really want to use that. Has anyone had the coil fitted or had problems with it?"

Make sure the fitter of said device snips off the ends...........it can hurt us poor blokes. I know I am a sexist pig!!

By *H.coupleCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

MR speaking so cant really answer your question obviously, but Mrs EH has it and has had no problems at all, she wasn't too impressed for the first few weeks though.

ive offered to have the snip to let her come off it, but shes happy at the moment so saves me getting cut up lol.

"MR speaking so cant really answer your question obviously, but Mrs EH has it and has had no problems at all, she wasn't too impressed for the first few weeks though.

ive offered to have the snip to let her come off it, but shes happy at the moment so saves me getting cut up lol.Do the right thing man!

I had the snip on Monday and played in the second row on Saturday.........i nearly died but that is an irrelevance!

"

"I had no problems with it whilst in but when i went to have it changed it had been fitted wrongly and was embedded so had a hell of a time having it removed.

I went on the coil after the pill but had terrible periods whilst on it and was in pain "

It put me off ever having another what should have been simple ended up with me going into to hospital as the dr couldn't get it out...I do think it was down to how it had been fitted and not the coil itself.

I had a girlfriend whose mood swings were gigantic. Turns out it was all down to the pill so she moved to a coil and it made her almost a different person.

Sadly we eventually drifted apart but that's another story.

I had the other one merina fitted for almost two years, after one year getting problems with length of periods , urine infections excruciating pain, had it removed and gone back on the pill. Much happier.

I think everyone reacts differently to the coil, mine was fitted incorrectly and had moved, but but for some works fine.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks everyone, my minds made up going to get one fitted.

Just make sure you take some painkillers before hand can be a bit uncomfortable.

[Removed by poster at 25/03/13 21:11:22]

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Also think about the Implant! I know others have had a bad time with it, but mine has only been a great experience apart from spotting every 2 weeks for the first six months, Now I am lucky to get anything every six months and I've been on it now for 6 years

By *uteirishaWoman  over a year ago

ghost town

Having the 'tail' of the coil cut short will cause more pain for the fella.. the 'tails' should be long enough to curve around the cervix..this will also prevent tearing of condoms..the implantation can be tricky.. sorry to those who had problems.. guess ive been lucky

For me the coil has been fantastic! No side effects at all

"What the hell is a copper coil might i ask? "

An intra-uterine device (IUD) with a copper wire wrapped around it, hence IUDs are commonly known as "coils".

I had coils all my life since I discovered the cap was messy and fiddly, and hormonal pills did not suit me.

I can't remember how many different types I have had, however, I definitely had one with a copper coil on it.

Don't remember any issues with the coils, except for one that was sticking out of the cervix and had to be removed.

I have a Mirena now that delivers a low dose progesterone locally, and it is brilliant, in that I no longer have periods!

I had my coil fitted for the exact same reasons. Couldn't have marina because of the hormones so I had to have a copper one. I've had 3 over the past 10 years, one got pulled out by ex bf who had a pa piercing. having it changed next month. Apart from that one incident I've never had any problems with it.

By *ifestyle22Couple  over a year ago

Surrey

I have my son because of the coil. He came out just about holding the damn thing. Back on the pill and been safe ever since.

By *arnayguyMan  over a year ago

Durham Tees

My ex had a copper coil fitted, she was in agony and it just made her moods even worse.

Serves her right for getting it off the internet. It was meant for the hot water tank!

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

I had a copper coil fitted when I was 22. I experienced heavy, painful periods and became pregnant less than a year after it was fitted

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

Most people have the Mirena these days rather than the copper

Smaller and easier to put in

It releases hormones but only locally so shouldn't affect the body like the pill does

But it's whatever suits, you'll get people who swear by either!

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

I have the Merina, was put in in October.

It solved a major problem I had, but I still get occasional very light bleeds and regular cramping

The best thing I ever had was the Depo injection every 11 weeks - no cramps, no bleeding, minimal fuss

By *estingBoundariesCouple  over a year ago

Nr Louth

"Also think about the Implant! I know others have had a bad time with it, but mine has only been a great experience apart from spotting every 2 weeks for the first six months, Now I am lucky to get anything every six months and I've been on it now for 6 years "

My fiancee had the implant fitted 3 years ago last October. Our daughter is 2 in July.

Depo could have killed me..

and I have spoken to people with similar experiences...with in a few months of starting depo injections I was extremely depressed,had massive panick attacks and could barely leave the house,had hallucinations and heard voices urging me to take an overdose.

Stopped the injections and within a couple of months was completely normal again...and have been ever since.I rely on condoms..i do keep thinking about the copper coil too but am a bit frightened of heavier periods as they are heavy enough already.

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

The Mirena rather than the copper is supposed to decrease periods rather than increase them, in some people they stop altogether

As does the depo injection..the mirena uses the same hormone,i know its supposed to be a tiny dose and not so many side effects but knowing what that hormone did to me years ago i dont want to risk that

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Got the merina coil, was in agony for almost 4yrs.....Kept telling me it had nothing to do with coil...

I dont care, I think it is.....get it out me now!

Sterilized now.....NO PAIN!!!!

"Also think about the Implant! I know others have had a bad time with it, but mine has only been a great experience apart from spotting every 2 weeks for the first six months, Now I am lucky to get anything every six months and I've been on it now for 6 years

My fiancee had the implant fitted 3 years ago last October. Our daughter is 2 in July."

there was an issue with the earlier implant. but I take the pill too because otherwise I am on my period a lot.

"I have my son because of the coil. He came out just about holding the damn thing. Back on the pill and been safe ever since."

Yep i have a lovely boy from the coil aswell. Had the hormone free one for around 5 years and no problems. Thankfully they managed to find and remove it.

Opted for sterilization after that lol.x

By *ussypussWoman  over a year ago

South Birmingham waiting for the bf to come back after crimbo

"I have a Mirena now that delivers a low dose progesterone locally, and it is brilliant, in that I no longer have periods!

"

Me too, I had horrendous period when I was younger and went through pill after pill, got pregnant whilst on one of them, tried implants, injections, health issues made me come off the injections although they were very effective, had Mirena for almost 13 yrs now (obviously not the same one, on 3rd one now), not had a single problem and not even spotting let alone a full-blown period since day one. Mirena gets my vote every time

» Add a new message to this topic