FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > How ignorant can some peeps be ...

How ignorant can some peeps be ...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uckscouple2007 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

Over past couple of days we've been on a mission to peruse profiles to find new friends in our region. As a resuly we mailed about 12 couples and ...

Only 2 had the decency to reply (1 positive reply and 1 negative); but hey if we are not what they are looking for then is it so difficult to return a "No Thanks" ??

Oh and for the record none of those we mailed stated on their profile either:

a) if we dont reply it means we're not interested

nor

b) we get so many messages it may be a while before we reply

or similar lol

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Unfortunately this is very common for most people, it seems manners even the basic ones don't get used, and yes, its very annoying and ignorant of them

Lol the wonderful world of Fab xx

Jesus this old chestnut again!!

Just because you've contacted them doesn't mean they are obliged to answer you. I delete without even opening any message to me that starts hi hun, babes...any message I can read in full...any message from anyone under 35...anyone who writes in text speak...any couples...any one not in London...any married men - always read the profile before opening etc because they are not what I'm looking for and obviously didn't read my profile.

These people obviously don't want to know - there will be many more that do, so concentrate on the positive - it happens on all sites, not just swinging ones - timewasters, people that don't respond, people not reading profiles...c'est la vie!!!

Forum Mod

Im in agreement with Sassy

I don't always reply, I do say so in the profile

If people think that those that don't reply are ignorant and rude then you would'nt want to meet them anyway

I very rarely send initial mails to people now but have in the past and if there was no reply I never gave it a second thought, I just assumed there was no interest and promptly forgot about it

Plenty of other lovely people out there to play with

"Jesus this old chestnut again!!

"

Yup ! looks like it dunnit !!!

At the end of the day no-one is obliged to give anyone a reply to anything and I so wish that people would accept the fact and quit bloody moaning about it.

Moan, complain and twist as much as you like but nothing will change, it doesn't mean anyone is ignorant or ill mannered, it just means that they are not interested for whatever reason and that is their right but it isn't your right to receive an explanation or a response.

Get over it and move on and most of all stop bloody moaning

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"Over past couple of days we've been on a mission to peruse profiles to find new friends in our region. As a resuly we mailed about 12 couples and ...

Only 2 had the decency to reply (1 positive reply and 1 negative); but hey if we are not what they are looking for then is it so difficult to return a "No Thanks" ??

nor

or similar lol "

Do you reply to all the junk mail that comes through your letterbox?

No?

I thought not!

You've been here nearly a year, and you use the forums.......... you know this has been done to death and the replies people put up.

If you need a rant, think of something unique............. not the same old drivel.

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

But they are new to fab so their issues with it are new to them maybe!

By *im53Man  over a year ago

Boldon

sorry cant reply to this

as they seem to have blocked me lol

Cyprus

"But they are new to fab so their issues with it are new to them maybe!

"

No they are not new to fab, been here 9 months and they use the forums.......

No excuse for trying to bring attention to yourselves with the "why us" line!

Boldon

"But they are new to fab so their issues with it are new to them maybe!

No they are not new to fab, been here 9 months and they use the forums.......

No excuse for trying to bring attention to yourselves with the "why us" line!"

mmmmm tend to get the feeling the

"we are so good how dare they ignore us"

has kicked in

Jesus, it must be all of ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

12 hours since this topic was last bought up.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Well i am with the OP on this one and think its ignorant not to reply to messages.

even if this subject has been done before and you dont like the thread then treat it like one of the messages you delete and dont post on it.

Steve

"Well i am with the OP on this one and think its ignorant not to reply to messages.

even if this subject has been done before and you dont like the thread then treat it like one of the messages you delete and dont post on it.

Steve "

Freedom of choice means that we do not have to reply if we dont want to.

It does not mean we are ignorant or rude, it means that the person contacting us does not appeal.

I have over 50 mails in my inbox at the moment, all either one liners or from idiots.

Do I have to reply to all of them because someone having a rant thinks I should?

Regarding the forums. As they are open forums, we can reply if we want. Its not up to you to say whether or not we should or shouldnt.

"Over past couple of days we've been on a mission to peruse profiles to find new friends in our region. As a resuly we mailed about 12 couples and ...

nor

or similar lol "

Hi, I don't think it's rude not to reply to your messages for the following reason. No one asked you to write to them.

There could be a thousand permuatations of reasons why people are unable or unwilling to reply to unsolicited mail. I have too short a life span left to list them all. You , though, choose to settle for the most accusative , unwarranted and unsubstantiated possibility and descend into labelling and name calling.

Just read your profile. Jesus ... I want fun not a job. I gave up part way through.

Your profile does tend to demand rather than offer.... What is it you offer to potential playmates?

Before you read my profile and say it's short and crap ... i've agreed that a million times and when I want to do something about it I will but then ...... i don't come here squealing like a crimeless victim.

Wishing you lots of swinging sex in 2010 and may all your messages be replied to xxxx Mwah xxxx gran xxxx

P.S. I'd be scared to swing with you in case you wrote in the forum that I never sent you a thank you card xx Fnarrrrr xx

Bucks

"I'd be scared to swing with you in case you wrote in the forum that I never sent you a thank you card xx Fnarrrrr xx "

Lucky yr outside our age range then .. tho as you gave up half way you'd not have seen that

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

have to say I agree with all of the above... I do play with female partners at time, and have to say your profile scares the bejesus out of me....

it does come across at demanding, and not nearly enough of what you offer and what you giving people reasons as to why they should pick you rather than anyone else.....

sounds like you have turned fun into an interview....

"I'd be scared to swing with you in case you wrote in the forum that I never sent you a thank you card xx Fnarrrrr xx

Lucky yr outside our age range then .. tho as you gave up half way you'd not have seen that"

No I read that bit and understood it well. I look better than you both though xxx

Sadly I have to say I do that alot too. Like Sissy says, I automatically delete mails without reading sometimes. I state in my profile that I wont reply to one line messages and 90% of the mails I do get are either that/Out of age range or just not what I am looking for. It would be like a full time job to reply to all the mail some people get on here. Just think though, that one possitive reply could be worth it. xx

Cyprus

nor

or similar lol "

Whinge whinge whinge.....

Yet you posted the following on the Site Feedback Forum.....

"Well what a great first 9 months it has been for us here on Fab ...

- We got to meet up for fun with 7 lovely couples,

- We attended 3 great social events, plus met up with some small groups socially,

- Invested in a shag-nav; as most of our meets & socials have been a fair distance from us lol,

and

- Met lots of great people through Chat; many of whom we regard as friends (not just friends on here so they can perve our private gallery - but the type you can hold a conversation with). One couple in particular, and his twin bro, whom we love to bits.

Roll on 2010 …

- We look forward to meeting up with our existing friends again,

- We have a few couples on our hotlist whom we’d love to hook up with sometime soon, and a few select singles too,

- Plus we hope to find more new friends on here (and of course meet them for fun times) ... preferably a few who don’t involve the best part of a days drive to get to lol

… just hope that we get fewer timewasters spoiling the fun for us and everyone else …

Looking forward to a shagtastic 2010 thanks to Fab

Happy swinging all

xx MwaH xx"

Make up your minds

Bucks

indeed we did post that, and meant it .. and clearly some peeps respect reading what we like/dislike, etc so they knowthey stand with us ... nothing worse than a vague profile where you have to exchange a million messages to understand whether we are all looking for the same thing ..

oh and the mails we send are not "one liners"; except when reply with a "Thanks, but no thanks"

Please stop whinging.

You're not entitled to an answer, however much you think you should be.

You need to accept that some people will be perfectly within their rights to think that you're just not worth bothering with. That's just the way it is in this game.

Move on.

"Well i am with the OP on this one and think its ignorant not to reply to messages.

Steve

Freedom of choice means that we do not have to reply if we dont want to.

It does not mean we are ignorant or rude, it means that the person contacting us does not appeal.

I have over 50 mails in my inbox at the moment, all either one liners or from idiots.

Do I have to reply to all of them because someone having a rant thinks I should?

Regarding the forums. As they are open forums, we can reply if we want. Its not up to you to say whether or not we should or shouldnt."

Couldn't have put it better myself!

Boldon

"indeed we did post that, and meant it .. and clearly some peeps respect reading what we like/dislike, etc so they knowthey stand with us ... nothing worse than a vague profile where you have to exchange a million messages to understand whether we are all looking for the same thing ..

oh and the mails we send are not "one liners"; except when reply with a "Thanks, but no thanks""

if your e-mails were as long as your profile may be they just gave up reading them

and yes i have read it lol

many other ways of seeing your profile lol

am not feeling the love here...

off to make a finger buffet....

stay happy ........ as in 'HAPPY' new year

nor

or similar lol "

do you reply to every single message you get? cause i dont i get far to many to reply to them all

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"i dont i get far to many to reply to them all "

Why not have a simple copy and paste "Thanks, but no thanks"

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

And so it goes on, this subject always degenrates.

As others have said this has been done to death before now, so you can understand people getting fed up of seeing it.

You can also argue that if people see a post or thread that they are fed up of seeing they could always do what they tell others to do about it and ignore it if they so wish.

Having said that, it isn't compulsory to answer or even read a mail on this site.

There are two things you can do, either let it wind you up or move onto the next person to mail and pass it off.

I know which one we would do.