FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Winks

Winks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

In the last few weeks we have had winks off three different couples.

In all three cases we have liked their profiles and replied with an email.

Guess what...........Nothing!!!

No e mail back no anything.

Why did they bother to wink in the first place?

Craig xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Same here - had a wink from a cpl, so sent them an email. Deleted without replying.

Though on the same note - I have hit the 'wink' button once by mistake

winks....what a waste of time! they mean jack shit.

"winks....what a waste of time! they mean jack shit. "

makes me look at the profile and if they sound ok, might say thanks for the wink, want to chat a bit?

"In the last few weeks we have had winks off three different couples.

Craig xx"

in that time we have exchanged winks and i wouldnt say that has been a waste of time

"winks....what a waste of time! they mean jack shit. "

Winks are a great idea, they just don't get used correctly.

W

Since most winks from single guys seem to be viewed as offensive i'd never send one anyway.

Winks is not spelled correctly as you should replace the i with an a.

Winking at someone is chimpish and lazy, if you genuinely like a profile why not take a moment and compose a pm. A simple "nice profile, have a look at ours and see what you think" takes no time at all.

Winkers/Wankers........all the same to us

"Winks is not spelled correctly as you should replace the i with an a.

Winking at someone is chimpish and lazy, if you genuinely like a profile why not take a moment and compose a pm. A simple "nice profile, have a look at ours and see what you think" takes no time at all.

Winkers/Wankers........all the same to us "

Probably because it takes less time and in most cases both just get deleted anyway.

Lets be honest if everyone did write nice composed emails, do you think it would stop the people whinging about being ignored? nope because some would still delete without reply, as most that do this do it to stop the rude counter replies or the what's wrong with me/us.

forgot to add, they should change "send a wink" to "no thanks" would be more useful.

Craig xx"

Maybe its not a wink.

It might just be a nervous tic lol.

XXXX

Craig xx

in that time we have exchanged winks and i wouldnt say that has been a waste of time"

No neither would i lol

And most winks we get and reply to then go on to talking to that couple

Just the ones that Dont answer back to the e mail we send that confuse us lol

Why do they send them in the first place?

Craigx

Like I said, winks can be a good thing, for example, we state we are not currently seeking single males, but it's clear we do meet single males, so if one was to think he may just interest us then a wink to say 'hey would you take a look at my profile' is much better than sending us a message.

A wink can be used for anyone to say 'hey we like your profile, but not entirely sure if we fit your criteria, would you take a look, it saves you replying saying no thanks'.

Similar to a bar, a friendly wink to see the reaction, a little chat (message) and finally a date (meet).

W

Forum Mod

Thats why I don't mind winks...I can ignore them if I want and not feel guilty about it

But I do agree with the OP whats the point in sending one if you ignore it if you gat a response

Perhaps they were so shocked to get a message from a wink that they have in fact fainted and not come round yet lol

"Thats why I don't mind winks...I can ignore them if I want and not feel guilty about it

But I do agree with the OP whats the point in sending one if you ignore it if you gat a response

Perhaps they were so shocked to get a message from a wink that they have in fact fainted and not come round yet lol

"

Would be nice to think that pmsl but very much doubt it lmao

Craig x

"Thats why I don't mind winks...I can ignore them if I want and not feel guilty about it

"

Yes I can't really answer that one, unless, it was from a couple, one may have sent the wink, the other may have read the message and not been so keen.

Personally, if we wink or message it's because we both like, but I guess some may wink hoping to get a response and that then their partner likes too.

W

Maybe the people who initially send the winks have since received a lot of email or winks themselves and haven't the time to reply straight away to those people they themselves have winked at. Or maybe they have changed their mind, which is their prerogative and don’t want to reply to someone. This is what single guys are told when they ask why their emails are ignored and so I imagine it also applies to single females and couples too when discussing this area.

Personally I don’t think winking is a waste of time as it’s just a way of showing interest. People spend a lot of time and effort in writing emails, only to have them be ignored and deleted without a reply. So I can understand why some people choose to wink instead of spending all that time and effort in composing an email that is almost certainly going to be ignored without a reply. At least if the winks ignored you haven’t wasted a lot of time and effort.

"Maybe the people who initially send the winks have since received a lot of email or winks themselves and haven't the time to reply straight away to those people they themselves have winked at. Or maybe they have changed their mind, which is their prerogative and don’t want to reply to someone. This is what single guys are told when they ask why their emails are ignored and so I imagine it also applies to single females and couples too when discussing this area.

Personally I don’t think winking is a waste of time as it’s just a way of showing interest. People spend a lot of time and effort in writing emails, only to have them be ignored and deleted without a reply. So I can understand why some people choose to wink instead of spending all that time and effort in composing an email that is almost certainly going to be ignored without a reply. At least if the winks ignored you haven’t wasted a lot of time and effort. "

hear hear !! well said xx

"Maybe the people who initially send the winks have since received a lot of email or winks themselves and haven't the time to reply straight away to those people they themselves have winked at. Or maybe they have changed their mind, which is their prerogative and don’t want to reply to someone. This is what single guys are told when they ask why their emails are ignored and so I imagine it also applies to single females and couples too when discussing this area.

Personally I don’t think winking is a waste of time as it’s just a way of showing interest. People spend a lot of time and effort in writing emails, only to have them be ignored and deleted without a reply. So I can understand why some people choose to wink instead of spending all that time and effort in composing an email that is almost certainly going to be ignored without a reply. At least if the winks ignored you haven’t wasted a lot of time and effort. "

Yep good point as for the single male thing if we get a well written well thought out e mail we always reply yes even with single males it maybe a polite no or maybe or even deff

But please realise that most of the mails we get off single males are along the lines of "you look good want a fuck" or even just "hi"

We tend to treat people how they treat us

Craig x

as a singleton i must agree with craig i always send an email which i feel is just polite. if i am very cheeky and ask people to be my fiend i alway send a mail as well telling them i have been cheeky. so far no bad reactions

chas x

Personally I don’t think winking is a waste of time as it’s just a way of showing interest. People spend a lot of time and effort in writing emails, only to have them be ignored and deleted without a reply. So I can understand why some people choose to wink instead of spending all that time and effort in composing an email that is almost certainly going to be ignored without a reply. At least if the winks ignored you haven’t wasted a lot of time and effort.

Yep good point as for the single male thing if we get a well written well thought out e mail we always reply yes even with single males it maybe a polite no or maybe or even deff

But please realise that most of the mails we get off single males are along the lines of "you look good want a fuck" or even just "hi"

We tend to treat people how they treat us

Craig x"

Oh i know not everyone ignores emails and some do make sure they make the effort to reply. As for the emails saying 'you look good wanna fuck' or the ones merely saying 'hi' then i don't blame people for deleting them. 'Hi' isn't an email you can really make a conversation out of, and i personally hate the crass and crude messages like 'you look good wanna fuck' which i find disrespectful and unworthy of a reply.

So I can understand why some people choose to wink instead of spending all that time and effort in composing an email that is almost certainly going to be ignored without a reply. At least if the winks ignored you haven’t wasted a lot of time and effort.

Now that notion is most amusing

what does a wink actually mean? i have never worked them out, if someone winks me am i supposed to mail them back or what? and if i am supposed to mail them back why should i if the can't be arsed to mail me lol

"what does a wink actually mean? i have never worked them out, if someone winks me am i supposed to mail them back or what? and if i am supposed to mail them back why should i if the can't be arsed to mail me lol"

To me 'Winks' are there for us to give a little prod to say, 'would you care to take a look at our/my profile, as I'm not 100% sure you will be interested but expect you might be, so rather than message you and you feel uncomfortable saying no thank you in reply, or indeed ignoring us, figured a wink would suffice'.

To which the person 'Winked' can take a look at the profile and act accordingly, like I said earlier in this thread, I liken it to say meeting in a club/pub, give a wink to see if you hold their interest, if they wink back then talk (message) them, they may make the first move and speak (message) with you in reply to your wink, then from there more talking until a date (meet) is arranged.

I quite like the 'Winks' to be honest, I don't find it lazy or ignorant or cant be arsed to write a message, but simply another way to get attention without being too demanding in the sense of having someone feel they have to reply to you.

W

"what does a wink actually mean? i have never worked them out, if someone winks me am i supposed to mail them back or what? and if i am supposed to mail them back why should i if the can't be arsed to mail me lol"

What you should do is wink back then sit and wait for the inevitable one liner in return, which you can simply delete

We hope for contact from confident, mature and respectful folk and not giggly people.

Confident, as in being able to put a couple of well thought out and succinct sentences together in a pm. Mature enough to understand that in this game, and for a whole host of different reasons there is a better than even chance that you will not be quite what we are looking for and accept that with good grace. Also respectful enough to have read our profile first which is often never the case.

For us winks are the actions of lazy folk and no matter how good the profile may be the delete button is always pressed.

Forum Mod

"what does a wink actually mean? i have never worked them out, if someone winks me am i supposed to mail them back or what? and if i am supposed to mail them back why should i if the can't be arsed to mail me lol

What you should do is wink back then sit and wait for the inevitable one liner in return, which you can simply delete

We hope for contact from confident, mature and respectful folk and not giggly people.

Confident, as in being able to put a couple of well thought out and succinct sentences together in a pm. Mature enough to understand that in this game, and for a whole host of different reasons there is a better than even chance that you will not be quite what we are looking for and accept that with good grace. Also respectful enough to have read our profile first which is often never the case.

For us winks are the actions of lazy folk and no matter how good the profile may be the delete button is always pressed.

"

Hehehehe

And there you have it, some people are more tolerant of others actions and ways, and some set in their ways, so you take your chances with a wink, but should get the right result. ;o

W

ohh i see lol i usually just ignor them, i dont think ive ever replyed to a wink, what makes me laugh is when you get winks for guys with no pics and very little text!

"ohh i see lol i usually just ignor them, i dont think ive ever replyed to a wink, what makes me laugh is when you get winks for guys with no pics and very little text!"

You should be ashamed of yourself you intolerant person you.......... lol

"ohh i see lol i usually just ignor them, i dont think ive ever replyed to a wink, what makes me laugh is when you get winks for guys with no pics and very little text!"

Yup, but same goes with receiving messages from those type too. :D

I suppose those that use winks may also use other social networking sites like Facebook/Myspace/Bebo etc.

W

"ohh i see lol i usually just ignor them, i dont think ive ever replyed to a wink, what makes me laugh is when you get winks for guys with no pics and very little text!

You should be ashamed of yourself you intolerant person you.......... lol "

Yawn!

"ohh i see lol i usually just ignor them, i dont think ive ever replyed to a wink, what makes me laugh is when you get winks for guys with no pics and very little text!

You should be ashamed of yourself you intolerant person you.......... lol "

i know! *hangs head in shame*

i know! *hangs head in shame*"

Surely you must realise the guy with no profile pic, no profile text etc is simply asking you to check his profile as he thinks he might be what you are looking for and he does not want to pm as he worries it may distress you and of course by winking it will save you the need to worry about the uncomfy feeling when having to reply...............

i know! *hangs head in shame*

Surely you must realise the guy with no profile pic, no profile text etc is simply asking you to check his profile as he thinks he might be what you are looking for and he does not want to pm as he worries it may distress you and of course by winking it will save you the need to worry about the uncomfy feeling when having to reply............... "

Do you have anything positive to say at all?.

Clearly not, the reason is it, but for some it is.

W

Wayne dear chap,

I have plenty of positive things to say, trouble is they will not always align with yours or everyone elses thoughts, however I will continue to debate in a mature and polite manner

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

We go with the same view as Shagarooney, if someone winks, we have a look at their profile, if we like it, we wink back, and that normally generates a mail from them.

I don't think it is a lazy way to do things, especially as some people don't reply to mails anyway, but maybe they are just testing the waters.

"Wayne dear chap,

I have plenty of positive things to say, trouble is they will not always align with yours or everyone elses thoughts, however I will continue to debate in a mature and polite manner "

Irony again, I'm struggling though to see if it's done on purpose (for comedy value) or you totally miss it. :-/

W

"We go with the same view as Shagarooney, if someone winks, we have a look at their profile, if we like it, we wink back, and that normally generates a mail from them.

I don't think it is a lazy way to do things, especially as some people don't reply to mails anyway, but maybe they are just testing the waters."

For us lazy people stand on the beach and dip their toes in whilst confident, mature and respectful folk normally run in and go swimming lol

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Not everyone can be confident enough to keep sending mails and getting knocked back every time........so big up for winks

I always reply to winks , except for if they obviously haven't read my profile ! It takes all sorts , and all part of the FUN ! Doesn't even cost a stamp . lol . Some you win , some you lose . lol

"Not everyone can be confident enough to keep sending mails and getting knocked back every time........so big up for winks"

If you are not confident then we don't want to meet you, if folk do rejection that badly feck knows what they would be like in real life and Mrs Two2 likes her men strong and commanding and is not into wimps at all

"Not everyone can be confident enough to keep sending mails and getting knocked back every time........so big up for winks"

I don't believe it's always about confidence, our profile for example could have people wondering if they do or do not fit out criteria, I'm talking our ages here, Coll is 21 and I'm 33, people of say mid 40s may wonder if Coll would be interested, and so send a wink rather than a message, much like we have to couples early 20's.

It's just another way of communicating, I guess it's similar to the phone or text dilemma.

W

"Not everyone can be confident enough to keep sending mails and getting knocked back every time........so big up for winks

If you are not confident then we don't want to meet you, if folk do rejection that badly feck knows what they would be like in real life and Mrs Two2 likes her men strong and commanding and is not into wimps at all "

Do you tell Mrs Two2 that? pmsl (joke, I couldn't resist that one)

W

Tell her what Wayne?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I have to agree with the strong men thing, thats my cup of tea too ( mrs)

But was just playing devils advocate

We have had a wink from a man on another site, who got disheartened with getting his well thought out mails deleted, if people had said no thanks to him he would have accepted that better than thinking he was wasting his time even mailing people.

We chatted, we met, we played ( and still do) and he didn't dissapoint on the confident stakes

So it doesn't always follow.....but you must know that

"Tell her what Wayne?"

That "Mrs Two2 likes her men strong and commanding and is not into wimps at all "

Not a dig that at all, just making light of your post. :D

W

devils advocate moi? au contraire madame

Forum Mod

O o O oo

» Add a new message to this topic