FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > google

google

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eznhannah OP   Couple  over a year ago

leeds

just googled our profile name and was a little shocked to find ourselves on sites we havent registered on wtf...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah i get that too. But for different reasons. It's more worrying when you search your real name and get hits

"just googled our profile name and was a little shocked to find ourselves on sites we havent registered on wtf..."

This is why face pics, handles from non swinging groups etc are a really bad idea.

Google is not always your friend!

By *ricky_DickyMan  over a year ago

Mirfield

I've seen this quite a bit, you join a site thinking it's only that particular site you're signing up for, but really they are part of a group of sites who all share members.

Forum Mod

If you go into your privacy page you can opt out of being listed on search engines like google

It can take a couple of weeks to take effect though

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

"If you go into your privacy page you can opt out of being listed on search engines like google

It can take a couple of weeks to take effect though "

However, this will only stop links to this site showing up.

By *eznhannah OP   Couple  over a year ago

leeds

dont think its any thing to do with fab sharing profiles, think its more to do with less busy sites just ripping profiles off, not madly concerned as we dont have face (or tatoo)pics or even use our real names on here, just think its a bit cheeky

By *ricky_DickyMan  over a year ago

Mirfield

I never said Fab shared members, but I do know there is a whole group of sites which are part of a hub, join one and your profile is accessible from every single site belonging to that hub, they don't publicise this fact probably because they are a pay site and they probably hope you will join another of their sites an pay twice for the same stuff.

By *avchaseCouple  over a year ago

Calne

I have just done some tests and you can even login with your user name and password from the site it is copied from. They are even sharing the same live data base, I cleared one name from our admirers list and then checked one of the other sites and the name disapeared when I refreshed the list. I do not have too much of an issue with being on other swingers sites, but as we do not go dogging I object to being included on the doggers vairents of these sites. I will be deleting my account from the site/s in question, and yes it was a pay site!!!!

goes to google kittenxx

goes to google kittenxx

lots of kittenxx but none of em me thank gawd

By *ichNjudyCouple  over a year ago

stoke on trent

Does this security problem only work for certain profile names?

We googled ours (we have tried this before actually) and could not see anything relating to us though we did find someone using the same profile name on another swingers site but their details are nothing like ours

And we didn't tick anything on here to stop our name being picked up by search engines

XXXX

j&r

I am on numerous BDSM websites and swingers sites. They have my pic (Thankgod they picked a decent one!) and have reworded profiles I have used and added bits....cheeky buggers.

I belong to two sites but google my name I am on 11 I think!

» Add a new message to this topic