FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Old Photo's

Old Photo's

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ickedW OP   Woman  over a year ago

Chester

Just been checking out some profiles, I've only been looking at profiles with pics..

Have you seen how old some of the pics posted are ?

2004 and 2005

Couldnt we have some kind of 'No Pic Older than 18mths Old' kinda rule

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 28/01/10 11:58:14]

Torquay

And how are you aiming to police it?

I don't date my photos on my camera, and anyhow it is so simple to photoshop a dodgy date on it's pointless.

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I look the same as i did in 2004/5 - arguably better....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

we added a couple to our freinds list and she had her face pic on and looked very sexy when we looked at private pics i think she was 20 years older i wouldnt recognise her so come on guys keep it real

Torquay

Know what you mean, did meet a guy once for a drink and chat and although he claimed to be 33 he was more like 53...

Did give me a good laugh though

By *ickedW OP   Woman  over a year ago

Chester

"Know what you mean, did meet a guy once for a drink and chat and although he claimed to be 33 he was more like 53...

Did give me a good laugh though"

I wish I could say the same..

Arranged to meet a guy in a pub car-park.

I saw this guy standing there, nothing like the pic he had sent me, this guy was grey and had a comb over... OMG

I parked up, rang his mobile, I saw comb over answer, I drove off

"Know what you mean, did meet a guy once for a drink and chat and although he claimed to be 33 he was more like 53...

Did give me a good laugh though"

Did we meet ?

Have to admit I don't understand why people post old face pics that look nothing like them on their profiles. Do they think you wont notice? That said I did have a bloke send me a photo he'd'taken the day before our meet: I wasn't impressed but met him any way as he was great fun. So glad I did as he was the spitting image of Daniel Craig, so photos can be deceiving

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

That is the main reason I ask when the pics ere taken and always like to see a new meet on cam to rpove who they are. I did once go for a date with a man a year ago whos profile did say he was mid 40s but unfortunately his pic on his profile was clearly of him 10 years previous. I told him after meeting him that he was being very dishonest as people would naturally assume that he looked like that.

If the pics are not in the padt 3 years I think there is no point putting them on. I hae loads of pics of me 3 years ago having saucy fun but I am 3 years younger and I now dont look like that. No point being dishonest, thats why its cam all the way before a meet for me. If they wont verify who they are on cam then tend to one they are hiding something. So beware. Genine swingers should always verify themselves as when you meet up they are not going to hide their face throughout the meet are they?

By *woBiTwoCouple  over a year ago

north manchester

I realise that there are desperate folk out there who would try to scam their way into a meet by using old or other peoples pics, but who the hell would let them have a shag when they turned up and were obviously someone else?

I'd be terminally embarrassed if I was 'caught' like that, so would only post or send pics that were accurate... but then again I'm not desperate!

M

Our oldest picture is under 1 year old, what is the time scale people think should be the limit ?

1 year

2 years

3 years

?

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"Just been checking out some profiles, I've only been looking at profiles with pics..

Have you seen how old some of the pics posted are ?

2004 and 2005

Couldnt we have some kind of 'No Pic Older than 18mths Old' kinda rule "

All people would do (who want to use old pjotos) is delete them and download them again.

I noticed mine were 2008 (even though I an still the same size) so I uploaded some new ones... today as it happens... shameless plug

"Our oldest picture is under 1 year old, what is the time scale people think should be the limit ?

1 year

2 years

3 years

?"

In reality when you hit a certain age you don't really change that much in a couple of years unless something drastic happens ie extreme weight gain/loss, hair loss, turned grey etc. So most people could get away with their pictures for a couple of years. It's'the ones, usually middle aged people who've not aged well posting pictures of themself circ their mid twenties that need to urgently update.

Personally I take new pics every six weeks simply because I change my hairstyle and colour every time I go to the hairdressers as not to confuse my meets I take regular pics.

I think pics should be updated every couple of years, or sooner if you adopt a "new look". We like to see pics before we meet but don't make our decision to meet based on them. We are crap photographers and like to think that we look better in the flesh, so if we meet amother couple, we hope they will be happy with what they see

Bet some pictures were taken before that even lol

Ours are not old.........

Well they were taken with a plate camera and a gunpowder flash

if i put pics of me 4 years ago on here u def would not recognise me .....i was 4 stone heavier with short hair, my pics re all within 6 months ...

"if i put pics of me 4 years ago on here u def would not recognise me .....i was 4 stone heavier with short hair, my pics re all within 6 months ..."

Congrats on the weight loss, you look great in the current pics.

Well with some you can't tell what is what anyway. I know ours make some smile but at least ours are all in the last 6 months. I did see one dated 1999 which made us smile.

"if i put pics of me 4 years ago on here u def would not recognise me .....i was 4 stone heavier with short hair, my pics re all within 6 months ...

Congrats on the weight loss, you look great in the current pics."

thank you....ur hand is looking good too lol

"Ours are not old.........

Well they were taken with a plate camera and a gunpowder flash "

I'm a little guilty of this. A couple of my private pics are about 2 years old. Even though I've lost over 2 stone since then they're still some of my 'friends' favourite pics of me.

I am VERY honest about it though, I don't pretend to be something I'm not and at the time of adding someone as a friend I do let them know that these pics are not overly recent.

I agree that there are a few times in your life where there are spans of time where you don't change that much. Apart from the weight loss (and my hair being about an inch shorter) I am still recognisable from these pics. as was proven today when someone I've not met (yet) was in the car infront of me and recognised me through their rear view mirror

By *arandjasCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

agree with devil's angel, one pic of me on our profile was taken a few years ago, but cos i haven't changed overly much, i thought it was acceptable and i really like the pic, but i also put on some recent ones, taken in the last four weeks so that people can see i still look more or less the same, maybe a few more wrinkles and with slightly shorter hair

Turned up and they have looked 10 yrs older

By *wsometwosomeCouple  over a year ago

its a village

Muat admit we have got some on that are a fw years old but we havent changed much and we add new ones every few month so people know exactly what we look like and who they are meeting lol Wish we could say the same about everybody

I have the following on my profile....

p.s. yes the pics are real, they are of me, and they are recent, not years old, unlike my birth certificate.... honest xxxx

I was accused by someone of not having genuine pics of myself on my profile.

My pics are photoshopped to get rid of my wrinkles, beer belly, pale shin and my frog legs.

Does it make me younger looking.....no!

Should I go before or after on my penile implant surgery pictures???

By *hemadcoupleCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

Age of pics is immaterial. It is whether they are representational of what you look like now that matters. You could go five years without materially looking different, as far as photographs are concerned, or you could massively change within a couple of weeks.

Photographs are not that good at showing exactly what you look like in reality anyway. What do you want? Passport pictures? Police file style pics? Flat overall lighting, grey background, full face, no smile? Don't think so.

Cameras lie because they only show a fraction of a second's worth of living continuous movement. They are always an approximation.

» Add a new message to this topic