FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Angry profiles

Angry profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have noticed an increasing number of 'angry profile', basically profiles written in an aggresive or angry way.I realise that people need to put accross there preferances and some people dont read them (which can lead to frustration) but there are ways of doing it that dont require BLOCK CAPITALS and aggresive texts. Is this a new thing or has it been around for a while.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I have noticed an increasing number of 'angry profile', basically profiles written in an aggresive or angry way.I realise that people need to put accross there preferances and some people dont read them (which can lead to frustration) but there are ways of doing it that dont require BLOCK CAPITALS and aggresive texts. Is this a new thing or has it been around for a while."
its called frustration i think

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Some have been around for ages

I just avoid shouty profiles at all costs

"Some have been around for ages

I just avoid shouty profiles at all costs "

Lol, I allways find a polite no single guys please is allways more effective than 'NO SINGLE GUYS EVER OR YOU WILL BE BLOCKED'

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

GROUNDHOG DAY

"GROUNDHOG DAY "

Thanks for the constructive reply, Iam afraid i dont have time to read every other thread on here

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

I think it's done as a form of "attention seeking" thinking about it, similar to some threads

"I think it's done as a form of "attention seeking" thinking about it, similar to some threads "

Lol, I wont get into an argument with you, but your attacking the author of the OP not the actually OP, similar to some threads

birmingham

"but your attacking the author of the OP not the actually OP, similar to some threads "

Where have I attacked "You"?

People and complex hey

"but your attacking the author of the OP not the actually OP, similar to some threads

People and complex hey "

No matter, you have accused me of 'attention seeking' on a previous thread but your right its not an 'attack' just a lazy response to my OP

MAn, there are some seriously angry profile on here!! I love reading the ones that have 20 or 30 lines of everything they don't like and that they hate and then they have one line at the end that says 'rant over, if you're interested in finding out more, get in touch'. Errrrrrr....no thanks!

"MAn, there are some seriously angry profile on here!! I love reading the ones that have 20 or 30 lines of everything they don't like and that they hate and then they have one line at the end that says 'rant over, if you're interested in finding out more, get in touch'. Errrrrrr....no thanks! "

Haha , yeah seen a few of those,

Forum Mod

I can see how people do get frustrated on here by people not reading profiles ,the wrong type of person getting in touch,the one line messages

I have myself but soon got over it

Changing my profile to a shouty one won't make any difference,the people that you're aiming the anger at won't read the profile anyway

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i have to say that i have come across some profiles tht seem full of negatives and it does put me off.

However, from the other side i have often been tempted to re write my profile with a few negativesto steer guys in the proper ettiquette of talking to people

- dont just ask request cam without saying hi, its just rude

- if i say no i mean no, not beg me and harrass me till i say yes

but then i would be a hypocryte so i suffer in silence

What winds me up is reading a masive profile with all sorts of conditions. I get to the end and I think I am suitable (ie thereare a few people looking for singles), mail nicely (with face pics) and still don't get a f**kin reply!

birmingham

"No matter, you have accused me of 'attention seeking' on a previous thread"

I've never accused you of anything, you just happen to read to much, and it appears, take it personally into what I post

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

There are a few shouty aggresive profiles - I simply ignore them - Z

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

[Removed by poster at 03/03/10 18:17:35]

I treat an angry profile in the same manner as I would a raging bull.

Give it a very wide berth and ignore it

yeah not many people read ours and it clearly states that we do take in single strays to mind but they have to heed the warnings first or they might not get away lightly

By *aravancoupleMan  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

It's frustration because some people just don't read profiles properly, but as it say's on our profile if they send us a message then we will always reply and some times it is not what they want to hear.

By *wned EmCouple  over a year ago

nuneaton

People certainly don't need to shout 'NO SINGLE GUYS EVER' etc. There is a button to block single guys contacting.

I sometimes think some people don't use this so they can moan and berate them when guys do contact.

Forum Mod

"People certainly don't need to shout 'NO SINGLE GUYS EVER' etc. There is a button to block single guys contacting.

I sometimes think some people don't use this so they can moan and berate them when guys do contact."

I sometimes wonder that too

I think if anything, someone who writes NO SINGLE GUYS EVER, NO ONE OVER/UNDER 30 WHATSOEVER, NO SMOKERS BECAUSE I WANT TO SHOOT THEM ALL WITH A GREAT BIG MISSILE, etc is more likely to get loads of replies from the wind up merchants on this site. Some idiots exist on this site with the sad intention of just pissing people off and writing your frustrations such as this would probably make you a target for these clowns

I just avoid shouty profiles at all costs "

likewise

if there angry now what they be like when we meet

By *eznhannahCouple  over a year ago

leeds

HOW DARE YOU ALL READ MY REPLY TO THIS THREAD IN THE FORUM, YOU WILL ALL BE BLOCKED NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

One man's shout is another man's emphasis!

I'm only seeking STRAIGHT, SINGLE, SUB, WHITE men OVER 45. Some might think that's shouting and aggressive I see it as emphasising the playmate I'm looking for!

Granted I still get messages from bi, married, Dom, non white guys so it could be as someone else wrote: wind up!

"One man's shout is another man's emphasis!

I'm only seeking STRAIGHT, SINGLE, SUB, WHITE men OVER 45. Some might think that's shouting and aggressive I see it as emphasising the playmate I'm looking for!

Granted I still get messages from bi, married, Dom, non white guys so it could be as someone else wrote: wind up! "

I think what the OP is getting at is not so much emphasis, but more the "IF BLA BLA BLA CONTACTS ME YOU WILL NOT GET A REPLY, YOUR MESSAGE WILL BE DELETED AND YOU WILL BE BLOCKED!!!!!"

or

"CAN SINGLE GUYS NOT READ ?, ....."

and all the rest of the similar lines that we see in profiles. I'm not sure that I could class that as 'emphasis' in fact it's more of a threat than anything else.

Sometimes makes you wonder if the profile holder is equally as stroppy and intimidating in normal life

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

We're all frustrated because nobody types their profile post-coitally.

Forum Mod

I just avoid shouty profiles at all costs likewise

if there angry now what they be like when we meet

"

Like this probably......

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT????

HOW DARE YOU PRESUME TO BUY ME A FRIENDLY DRINK.......DO I LOOK THIRSTY? DO I? DO I? HMMMMM?

THIS HOTEL WALLPAPER IS THE WRONG SHADE OF MAGNOLIA

THE TOILET PAPER IN THE BATHROOM IS NOT SOFT ENOUGH FOR MY BUM

WHAT DO YOU MEAN DO I FANCY A FUCK?

NO...FUCK OFF!!!!

"but your attacking the author of the OP not the actually OP, similar to some threads

People and complex hey

No matter, you have accused me of 'attention seeking' on a previous thread but your right its not an 'attack' just a lazy response to my OP "

Not sure its profiles that are aggressive but if they are why comment on it in an aggressive way as you have on this thread? Is this down to you feeling aggressive about others profiles or maybe you need a little attention lol

I think its a vicious circle...

People get lots of messages from folk that are clearly not what they are looking for and have not read the profile, so they start emphasisiing a few words in CAPS etc to get a point across.

Maybe that atracts the wind up merchants to message and so they then make more and more of their profile into 'an angry profile' as the OP describes.

As many say.... best avoided in my opinion.

Steve

By *unstermanMan  over a year ago

Brum..ish

"People certainly don't need to shout 'NO SINGLE GUYS EVER' etc. There is a button to block single guys contacting.

I sometimes think some people don't use this so they can moan and berate them when guys do contact."

good point , well presented.

People and complex hey

No matter, you have accused me of 'attention seeking' on a previous thread but your right its not an 'attack' just a lazy response to my OP

Not sure its profiles that are aggressive but if they are why comment on it in an aggressive way as you have on this thread? Is this down to you feeling aggressive about others profiles or maybe you need a little attention lol "

lol i didnt cooment on it in an aggresive manner no 'SHOUTING' from me . I took a remark from someone personally , which I shouldnt have, but my OP was not aggressive

"One man's shout is another man's emphasis!

Granted I still get messages from bi, married, Dom, non white guys so it could be as someone else wrote: wind up!

I think what the OP is getting at is not so much emphasis, but more the "IF BLA BLA BLA CONTACTS ME YOU WILL NOT GET A REPLY, YOUR MESSAGE WILL BE DELETED AND YOU WILL BE BLOCKED!!!!!"

or

"CAN SINGLE GUYS NOT READ ?, ....."

and all the rest of the similar lines that we see in profiles. I'm not sure that I could class that as 'emphasis' in fact it's more of a threat than anything else.

Sometimes makes you wonder if the profile holder is equally as stroppy and intimidating in normal life "

Aaaah...see what you mean!

By *poolgalCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

"MAn, there are some seriously angry profile on here!! I love reading the ones that have 20 or 30 lines of everything they don't like and that they hate and then they have one line at the end that says 'rant over, if you're interested in finding out more, get in touch'. Errrrrrr....no thanks! "

lol so true......

I understand at times it can get frustrating, much like life, but do those that have angry profiles not realise their profile is what creates first impressions.

They must put off some potential meets, meets they would have been happy to have arranged.

i noticed this a while ago and said so in the forums , to me i odnt see a need for it , if your too aggressive surely people are going to think do i really want to play with them or him/her ?? but then again suppose you got to make it perfectly clear what your looking for , just wish it could be done in a less aggressive manner just my thoughts on it

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yep, there are some scary sounding people about, and we would avoid them.

On a different subject, Mr Lick 77, I thought your pic when I first glanced at is was you sat with your legs open with a very knobbly half blue cock

I have now looked closer and realised what it is, and have just made an appointment for the opticians

By *woBiTwoCouple  over a year ago

north manchester

Dare I say... 'live and let live' ??

"Dare I say... 'live and let live' ??"

of course, but threads like these show peoples opinions, and can help some to rethink how they go about things.

What I don't understand is this.

There are some really mouthy profiles here typed in BLOCK which are construed as either agressive, angry or whatever and still remain after many months.

I left the site after nearly 2 years and returned with a new profile, slightly tongue in cheek and possibly a bit on the cheeky side, but hell thats my nature

THe MODS deleted it and told me to re-write my profile or be barrd from the site.

Confused.com

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Mods don't remove peoples profiles, only Admin do that.

I meant admin, got a nice wee message telling me my profile was not acceptable.

Yet there is a helluva lot worse still out there

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Well I am sure you got told why but if you have an issue with it maybe the contact button is your best way of feedback as Admin might not read it here.

I do think people are entitled to express there preferances, but we have the little emotion icons on here which can lighten the content of any text :-

Forum Mod

"Yep, there are some scary sounding people about, and we would avoid them.

On a different subject, Mr Lick 77, I thought your pic when I first glanced at is was you sat with your legs open with a very knobbly half blue cock

I have now looked closer and realised what it is, and have just made an appointment for the opticians "

Whizzes off to have a look at Mr Lick and agrees Rugby needs to go to specsavers asap

Forum Mod

Unfortunately there is no other way to emphasise a point on your profile other than by using capitals which is a shame

So you end up going from normal sounding to psychotic sounding at the touch of a button

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I have now looked closer and realised what it is, and have just made an appointment for the opticians

Whizzes off to have a look at Mr Lick and agrees Rugby needs to go to specsavers asap "

Nice pic tho! Well worth a quick peek! Z

Forum Mod

Whizzes off to have a look at Mr Lick and agrees Rugby needs to go to specsavers asap

Nice pic tho! Well worth a quick peek! Z"

I agree

Needed something nice to look at after all the gross stuf on the other threads

Forum Mod

O o O oo

lol @ zoe and HPC

Yes, I agree nice pic too once I realised that it wasn't a knobbly half blue cock !

"lol @ zoe and HPC

Yes, I agree nice pic too once I realised that it wasn't a knobbly half blue cock !

"

reminds me of blue waffle.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol

"nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol"

Let me explain, I mean you all discussing it looks like a blue dinkle, makes me think of blue waffle, not the pic itself.

Aw, thanks for all the compliments guys!

At first I didn't see the half blue cock link, but then I squinted a tad (like viewing one of those magic eye pictures - wonder what happened to them?) and bingo! the image popped up straight away. You could almost have believed one of my parents was a smurf...

I'm off to have a nosey at your pics now, fair's fair, lol! x

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

I had an on and off conversation with a very attractive young single female who had a very shouty profile.

After I first messaged her she replied to say that altho I sounded like I was up her street she wasnt looking for single guys at that time, but to drop her a line in maybe a month or so.

This continued for a few months, until one day, 6 weeks or so after we had last spoken, I dropped her a message with a headline which in hindsight was perhaps a little ill advised:

"Its That Time Of The Month Again".....began my message.

Instantly Blocked!!

nuneaton

"

I had an on and off conversation with a very attractive young single female who had a very shouty profile.

After I first messaged her she replied to say that altho I sounded like I was up her street she wasnt looking for single guys at that time, but to drop her a line in maybe a month or so.

This continued for a few months, until one day, 6 weeks or so after we had last spoken, I dropped her a message with a headline which in hindsight was perhaps a little ill advised:

Instantly Blocked!! "

lol That'll learn ya! You don't want to meet someone without a sense of humour tho.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Instantly Blocked!! "

lol love it

These angry profiles have given me an idea, some things in life can be really frustrating, like, when getting off a train and everyone waiting to get on is standing in front of you, no room to get by, and all staring, waiting for you to get off. I'm thinking, a Tshirt with the words GET OUT OF MY WAY, I CAN'T GET BY YOU, IF YOU MOVE TO ONE SIDE, I CAN GET OFF, THEN YOU CAN GET ON. WHAT IS IT WITH SOME PEOPLE.

or, when in a rush, all the little old dears come out on that day just to get in your way. a Tshirt saying... GET OUT OF MY WAY, DON'T WASTE MY TIME, I'M IN A RUSH, FFS READ MY TSHIRT.

Think it's catch on?.

Its frustration and fed up attitude.

I registered in October and it clearly, i thought, stated that i dont do younger vs older and only do couples so why did I get contacted constantly by the very people i dont want?? Because people dont read profiles and they arrogantly believe that they can change my mind, oh yes and cos they are desperate for a shag so i had to change it, and put some in capitals so they can read it and take notice, still hasnt 100% worked but i guess i shall have to put up with 50%

I was going to say a repeated thread on this one but you put it first.

Well caps in a profile dosnt mean the person is shouting. You cant underline or do bold on fab so caps is a way to make things stand out.

If you dont like a profile you dont have to look at it. Not hard is it.

nuneaton

It is generally taken that caps in cyber talk (whether on e-mails or on things like profiles) is shouting.

"It is generally taken that caps in cyber talk (whether on e-mails or on things like profiles) is shouting."

This is true, but on a site like here, where we are restricted with type, I'm not sure it should always stand as so.

Before the site changed, we had lot's of colour, some bold and a few underlined comments etc etc, but now, the best we can do to make something stand out is words in caps.

If for example it says, SORRY, NO SINGLE MALES. then that is ok to me.

if however it says.....

NO WINKS, YOU WILL BE BLOCKED. or the like, then I would take this as shouting.

we do it in CAPS,COS A LOT OF THE TIME I THINK PEOPLE JUST LOOK AT YOUR PICS,SEND A MESSAGE,LOG OFF AND CONSTANTLY TRY YOUR PATIENCE,its not aggressive just read profile and if you dont fit the bill , move on,we aint got time

honey

"we do it in CAPS,COS A LOT OF THE TIME I THINK PEOPLE JUST LOOK AT YOUR PICS,SEND A MESSAGE,LOG OFF AND CONSTANTLY TRY YOUR PATIENCE,its not aggressive just read profile and if you dont fit the bill , move on,we aint got time

honey"

Problem is, it does seem rather aggressive if I'm honest, and that in itself could put off any potential meets, I imagine every couple will get messages much like yourselves, where your profile hasn't been read properly, I know we do, quite a lot, and all we have on our profile other than two pics is that we are not seeking anything right now. trouble is, it's how we deal with it all, many a potential meet could well be put off from contacting you, so in the end, you don't help yourself, but shoot yourself in the foot.

Just trying to help.

i dont care dont like the profile move on sometimes tryin to state things clearly offends the people who find offence at not being wanted. lifes to short to give a shit if someone doesnt like it they can avoid x

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

Lol, remins me of a couple I unfortunately bumped into on a Friday night at Chams. I was on my way to the conservatory ("smoking deck"/"most sociable area") when there was this couple sat on the seats at top of the stairs.

Barely stopping I smiled to say "Hey guys, how you doing, hope you're enjoying your night" when the male half barked "LEAVE US ALONE, WE DON'T WANT SINGLE MEN - WHY DON'T PEOPLE READ OUR PROFILE?"

This made me wonder, did they think they were so popular that anyone and everyone had seen their profile on whatever site they may have been on, or was it my mistake I couldn't read their profile written in invisible ink on their faces with "No Single Men" on it.

And then there's the rudeness and their attitude - and on a Friday n ight at Chams for that matter!

"We're all frustrated because nobody types their profile post-coitally.

"

I DO! YOU WERE LUBBISH!

I DO! YOU WERE LUBBISH!"

p.s Before I get accused of being mean....... we've never met .... IT WAS A JOKE OKAY !!!

Forum Mod

"Lol, remins me of a couple I unfortunately bumped into on a Friday night at Chams. I was on my way to the conservatory ("smoking deck"/"most sociable area") when there was this couple sat on the seats at top of the stairs.

Barely stopping I smiled to say "Hey guys, how you doing, hope you're enjoying your night" when the male half barked "LEAVE US ALONE, WE DON'T WANT SINGLE MEN - WHY DON'T PEOPLE READ OUR PROFILE?"

This made me wonder, did they think they were so popular that anyone and everyone had seen their profile on whatever site they may have been on, or was it my mistake I couldn't read their profile written in invisible ink on their faces with "No Single Men" on it.

And then there's the rudeness and their attitude - and on a Friday n ight at Chams for that matter! "

What bizarre behaviour

I would have laughed my head off at them

Forum Mod

I DO! YOU WERE LUBBISH!

p.s Before I get accused of being mean....... we've never met .... IT WAS A JOKE OKAY !!!"

Gets my Jeremy Kyle style lie detector kit out and wires Granny up

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Of course you could always look at angry/shouting/aggressive profiles from a positive perspective.

If you are put off by angry/shouting/aggressive profiles (which implies you don’t think the type of people who write angry/shouting/aggressive profiles are your type)… surely it is a good thing that they have written one, so you can easily spot them as being the angry/shouting/aggressive profile type and avoid them … after only having to glance at their profile.

After all, if they hadn’t written an angry/shouting/aggressive profile you might not find out that they are the angry/shouting/aggressive profile type until it’s too late and they’ve written you an angry/shouting/aggressive verification

I AM NOT ANGRY - JUST PASSIONATE ABOUT CAPITALS.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

why is there so much fuss over this.if we get a message ha ha ha,outwith our preferences.we just delete,its so simple.it definately doesnt upset us.

"why is there so much fuss over this.if we get a message ha ha ha,outwith our preferences.we just delete,its so simple.it definately doesnt upset us."

Threads like this are quite good, IMO.

Reason being, people can sometimes act on impulse, or with a knee jerk reaction, threads like this help people to express their views, and help others to see views expressed.

It can be real helpful to some.

This thread highlights that aggressive style profiles may lose you some potential meets, rather than stop those you don't want from contacting you.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"why is there so much fuss over this.if we get a message ha ha ha,outwith our preferences.we just delete,its so simple.it definately doesnt upset us.

Threads like this are quite good, IMO.

Reason being, people can sometimes act on impulse, or with a knee jerk reaction, threads like this help people to express their views, and help others to see views expressed.

It can be real helpful to some.

This thread highlights that aggressive style profiles may lose you some potential meets, rather than stop those you don't want from contacting you."

cheers shagaloony.missed the main bit. should have read outwith our preferences,or with angry profiles.being stupid comes natural to me.i also think its a good thread

» Add a new message to this topic