FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Approched & Blocked

Approched & Blocked

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hiya,we've had a weird experience where a couple sent us a wink so we looked at there profile and sent a wink back,next we got a message saying how they would love to see more of our pics and so sent them a message saying we liked their pics and had sent them a friend request to allow them to see our pictures.

Next day we're blocked by them which we find rude and insensitive to say the least as they approached us in the first place,a simple polite thanks but no thanks is what we always do and wish them well with their search.

As we're new to the scene we didn't think this is how we would be treated and so would like to know is this the norm ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sadly yes it does happen.

Maybe after looking at your pics they decided you were not for them.

Try to forget about if and move on x

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Maybe they didn't like what they saw on your pics and didn't like saying No thanks.

Some people are wary of saying no thanks as sometimes it brings abuse, so they block instead.

Some people are picture collectors or just want to get off on your pics.

Take it with a pinch of salt, there may be more people who will block you as no doubt you will block others.

By *woBiTwoCouple  over a year ago

north manchester

I posted a vaguely similar thread last week, where I said we were puzzled by people who contacted US, and then after we responded, they didn't block us, they left the site!

I think people get cold feet sometimes, especially when it starts to gte a bit more 'real', after contact has been made and the possibility of imminent meeting is upon them.. don't sweat it, or change your nature (some of the profiles dictating dont's and do's can be a bit off-putting to us, although we can understand how people who feel they've been repeatedly messed around can get to that point of frustration), just forget them, and move on.

Happy swinging.

Mr 2Bi

"Hiya,we've had a weird experience where a couple sent us a wink so we looked at there profile and sent a wink back,next we got a message saying how they would love to see more of our pics and so sent them a message saying we liked their pics and had sent them a friend request to allow them to see our pictures.

Next day we're blocked by them which we find rude and insensitive to say the least as they approached us in the first place,a simple polite thanks but no thanks is what we always do and wish them well with their search.

As we're new to the scene we didn't think this is how we would be treated and so would like to know is this the norm ?"

Maybe I could help with this mystery, allow me to view your pics and I will get back to you on if they're off putting.

I personally think for whatever reason, they got cold feet, and found it hard to say so. Don't let it bother you.

By *erekduvallCouple  over a year ago

swansea

Well after seeing you in the chatroom last night I think its their loss.

Yes same here, couple of messages, very polite then BAM blocked. Whats that about

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

I think they did you a favour - if they could be that insensitive and rude, would you wanna meet them? Bullet dodged I say.

Sometimes one blocks people to stop the messages, for example, my profile clearly states i dont do younger vs older, ive tried to be polite to the 2 people ive had messages from, but still though ive explained, they continue to message me perhaps theyve suffered similar and find it easier to block, failing that they just wanted to perve over your pictures and possibly nick some

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

minxcat has happened to me as well met a guy last week was supposed to meet me again but i got blocked... happens lots but the one that gets me is the ones aho say they wanna meet it gets arranged then when you want to contact them they have left the site

I have to agree with Minxcat there are some strange people out there. I had a meet planned where the couple i was meeting gave me there address details etc for a meet. Took the day off drove over an to hour to meet them for hopefully a good meet. When upon arriving there was noboby in the house , having waited for a hour for any unexpected delay i decided to leave.

When i got home to contact them through the site they had hidden there profile from me , which was strange as they were the ones who arranged the meet.

I guess the world is not always perfect so keep smiling Minxcat lol.

"Hiya,we've had a weird experience where a couple sent us a wink so we looked at there profile and sent a wink back,next we got a message saying how they would love to see more of our pics and so sent them a message saying we liked their pics and had sent them a friend request to allow them to see our pictures.

As we're new to the scene we didn't think this is how we would be treated and so would like to know is this the norm ?"

It is in our experience not the norm - however, we have recently had the experience of becoming "site-friends" with a very nice couple and looking at their pictures realised that we knew each other from a non-swinging background. Now for us it was not a problem and neither was it for the other party, but I can imagine that for some this would be a reason to block when recognising a face. Perhaps not the most polite or respectful way but I can imagine a situation why it might happen. It might be just one partner recognising somebody and not wanting to dish up anything from a previous life?

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Happened to me just a couple of weeks ago, a couple messaged me asking if I would like to meet them.

They sent me face pics and I straight away recognised them as business contacts who I have known for some time.

I made my excuses to them and never met them for fun.

At least you made an excuse, personally if we approached someone after liking a profile, and asked to see face pictures, theres no way on earth we'd just block them, even if they fell from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down twice, we'd just send a nice message saying they weren't what we were looking for, might block them afterwards though, but blanking someone after they've taken the time to show face pictures you asked for is a bit cruel.

Another spin on this, may be you are both too attractive for them and their insecurities. Perhaps one or both of the couple, don't feel that they "measure up" to you...

Just move on guys, there are loads of nice and genuine couples and singles on here, it's just that it is difficult to find them sometimes

"Well after seeing you in the chatroom last night I think its their loss.

"

thanks its nice to get a compliment xx

We would just like to say a quick thankyou to all the kind people that took the time to respond to our post,we have taken on board some of the comments and hope to meet up with some genuine couples soon.

happy swinging everyone

xx

Like people said, best to just move on and put it down to lifes rich and eventful experience lol

I'd take it as a let off for yourselves. Most ppl have manners but as soon as they get behind a keyboard they forget their manners and its a whole lot easier to just not reply in a proper manner. its like getting behind the wheel of a car in many ways. They become blinkered. Dont worry about it and I can sense its the lady whos wrote your message for your thread and I bet it was the woman who blocked ya from the couple you messaged.

» Add a new message to this topic