FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Swinging parties/Clubs - should single men pay more

Swinging parties/Clubs - should single men pay more

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *UNCHBOX OP   Man  over a year ago

folkestone

Having been swinging on and off for about 6 years, i still dont understand why single guys have to pay upto twice the amount couples and single women do to attend parties and clubs.

Fair enough i could understand prehaps clubs do have a lot of overheads for stuff like hot tubs, saunas etc, but i cant even understand why private parties rip single guys off.

For example i used to go to a private party that a couple used to hold. Where as couples would pay £20, single guys had to pay £40, and single women would get in free. Now i would never expect the host to be out of pocket for holding the party, and would be happy to pay the same as couples. But even with food and drinks, i cant see how it can be justified, when most single guys dont drink as they will be driving home(i dont drink anything if im driving). Where as one half of the couple will be able to drink as much as they like as they dont have to worry about being over the limit. I understand prices are set to deter the annoying single males, but some are just taking the piss.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

no i dont think they should i understand why they do it but i dont think it fair

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I am tempted to give you 2 different 3 word answers....

1) supply and demand

2) because they can....

I think it is really that simple.......

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"Having been swinging on and off for about 6 years, i still dont understand why single guys have to pay upto twice the amount couples and single women do to attend parties and clubs.

Fair enough i could understand prehaps clubs do have a lot of overheads for stuff like hot tubs, saunas etc, but i cant even understand why private parties rip single guys off.

For example i used to go to a private party that a couple used to hold. Where as couples would pay £20, single guys had to pay £40, and single women would get in free. Now i would never expect the host to be out of pocket for holding the party, and would be happy to pay the same as couples. But even with food and drinks, i cant see how it can be justified, when most single guys dont drink as they will be driving home(i dont drink anything if im driving). Where as one half of the couple will be able to drink as much as they like as they dont have to worry about being over the limit. I understand prices are set to deter the annoying single males, but some are just taking the piss. "

Then don't go....

As Fabio said, Supply and Demand.

The women are predominately the ones to tempt people in, mainly guys, if the ladies had to pay, then there would likely be less going, if the guys didn't pay, or paid less then it's likely a lot more would be tempted into paying a visit.

I imagine, the clubs find the way they do things to be the best way, as the ladies tempt in the guys, but not way too many as some wont like paying.

Now without sounding funny if you seriously entertain paying over £10 for a party you deserve everything that happens.

It really is a case of if people are daft enough to pay it, people will charge it.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Now without sounding funny if you seriously entertain paying over £10 for a party you deserve everything that happens.

It really is a case of if people are daft enough to pay it, people will charge it."

Very true.

We have been to quite a few parties now, and are going to one soon, and we have never paid anything.

We would happily contribute if asked by our friends who put on these parties, as we know that they are genuine people who make a lot of effort, the last one we went to they had friends in for two days before hand to make sure everything was tikkety-boo!

We always ask if they would like us to bring something for the buffet, but most of the time we just get asked to turn up with condoms and drinkies.

If we were invited to a party and asked to pay, especially some of the amounts we have seen quoted, we would probably not go, simples.

"Now without sounding funny if you seriously entertain paying over £10 for a party you deserve everything that happens.

It really is a case of if people are daft enough to pay it, people will charge it.

Very true.

We have been to quite a few parties now, and are going to one soon, and we have never paid anything.

We would happily contribute if asked by our friends who put on these parties, as we know that they are genuine people who make a lot of effort, the last one we went to they had friends in for two days before hand to make sure everything was tikkety-boo!

We always ask if they would like us to bring something for the buffet, but most of the time we just get asked to turn up with condoms and drinkies.

If we were invited to a party and asked to pay, especially some of the amounts we have seen quoted, we would probably not go, simples."

Thats it don't mind a few bob contribution or take something for the buffet.

At the end of the day if your friend from work said i'm having a birthday party but it will cost you £30 to get in would you go???????

By *woBiTwoCouple  over a year ago

north manchester

If clubs had a nominal charge for single blokes they'd be swamped with them, and the couples/single fems would go elsewhere... net result, you've recreated a gay sauna venue full of straight guys! Not much fun there for most of them I suspect.

I've not been to a swingers club as yet, but I've done my homework and as such am well aware of the amount of bunce single guys are required to cough up. As has been previously stated about supply and demand, and getting the ratios right I can understand that this is the only way as far as clubs are concerned. The simple fact is when it comes to no strings sex more men rate it highly than women (note this obviously doesn't apply right across the board).I would imagine the reverse is probably true with supply and demand when it comes to events such as romantic singles cruises to match up potential long term relationships.

As far as solutions go for a single male wishing to avoid these prices, I would suggest teaming up with a lady to go with (you pay the full couples fee, which is still cheaper) or attending a private party where the host/ hostess has control over the ratio and therefore doesn't charge different rates, if any. Indeed a lot of them are getting involved in the fun themselves rather than using it as a business venture, so simply ask you to bring a bottle or pay a nominal fee to cover the cost of the nibbles. Hope this helps!

Perhaps the prices would drop if single guys boycotted these places

Don't think that would happen though

By *entadreadMan  over a year ago

Essex

"Perhaps the prices would drop if single guys boycotted these places

Don't think that would happen though"

I do agree, using price as a way of limiting single guys, is like the government justifying high fuel duty as a way of discouraging car driving for green purposes...

Lets admit it, single guys are a good money spinner for party organisers...

"Having been swinging on and off for about 6 years, i still dont understand why single guys have to pay upto twice the amount couples and single women do to attend parties and clubs.

For example i used to go to a private party that a couple used to hold. Where as couples would pay £20, single guys had to pay £40, and single women would get in free. Now i would never expect the host to be out of pocket for holding the party, and would be happy to pay the same as couples. But even with food and drinks, i cant see how it can be justified, when most single guys dont drink as they will be driving home(i dont drink anything if im driving). Where as one half of the couple will be able to drink as much as they like as they dont have to worry about being over the limit. I understand prices are set to deter the annoying single males, but some are just taking the piss. "

You paid for the single woman, to go in free

PAYG woman might be better for you...

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

"Perhaps the prices would drop if single guys boycotted these places

Don't think that would happen though"

think they should pay same price as cpls as when clubs hae greedy girls nights the club and the night need cpls single fems and single men if single men get priced out its simply a cpls night . does any one read the daily sport where the owner of la cham does a coloum he warned clubs the goverment were trying to bring a license bill that could put clubs outa the biz ,if you make it affordable for single fellas maybe more will turn out.

i have never been to a party where anyones had to pay, to be honest it puts me off, i dont see why people should make money out of others, parties should be a fun thing people choose to do not see it as a buisness to make money

As for clubs. to be honest i think they charge more for single guys simply because they will pay it, if all men stopped going to clubs based on the price they would soon drop the prices to get you back, but while ever men keep going and are willing to pay double they will charge you double

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

reminds me a yaer ago the a club dropped its prices and advertized "watch the champs league games and have fun" a few of the reg cpls told them they aint waiting for half time for a shag or at the end of the game as a few singles stopped in to watch the games

Have to say this sort of bias pricing is something that puts me off clubs (and sure, that's what it is supposed to do) but I'm suprised this sort of discrimination is allowed.

If you don't want lots of guys in there, then just set a limit to how many can enter on any given night, simple! Then if this became known as the norm, and guys who really did want to go were missing out then they could have the option of booking in advance.

[Removed by poster at 07/03/10 16:52:21]

if the market will stand 2 tier pricing then it will stay. What i can't understand is the mentality of the so called party outfits that charge when £10 a head for out of pocket expenses when all they do is supply a front room and nothing more. Bar of course their company Must be some right gullible people out there!

Welcome to rip off swingers

Torquay

"if the market will stand 2 tier pricing then it will stay. What i can't understand is the mentality of the so called party outfits that charge when £10 a head for out of pocket expenses when all they do is supply a front room and nothing more. Bar of course their company Must be some right gullible people out there!

Welcome to rip off swingers "

Then you could always hold your own FREE party?

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I think it's unfair that single men have to pay so much more but if they continue to go to clubs and pay the prices then it will never change, why not organise a boycotte or take the clubs to court under the sex discrimination act. Z

if men stood up against the prices and didnt got to the clubs parties etc.. then the prices would drop. i believe the clubs shud charge £15 for guys seems a fair price to me dont you think?

Torquay

The clubs would laugh the boycott off as they get more than enough couples attending to keep them going.....

For every guy that joined the boycott another two would be climbing over them to get into a club, why not try it and see?

By *zMaleMan  over a year ago

penzance

"The clubs would laugh the boycott off as they get more than enough couples attending to keep them going.....

For every guy that joined the boycott another two would be climbing over them to get into a club, why not try it and see?"

I agree Jane

Unfortunately there will be men willing to pay over the odds.......I'm not saying it's right but it's a fact of life

Torquay

As I have said before on here there are many clubs on the continent (and at least one party circuit in the UK that I belong to) that make prospective single male party guests attend at least one, and sometimes two, face to face interviews before they allow them entry to their events.

And compared to many continental clubs single guys entry fees to many UK clubs are relatively low.

Whether it's right or wrong I haven't really got an opinion, but there is an alternative.....just don't go if it upsets you so much!

"As I have said before on here there are many clubs on the continent (and at least one party circuit in the UK that I belong to) that make prospective single male party guests attend at least one, and sometimes two, face to face interviews before they allow them entry to their events.

And compared to many continental clubs single guys entry fees to many UK clubs are relatively low.

Whether it's right or wrong I haven't really got an opinion, but there is an alternative.....just don't go if it upsets you so much!"

Interview all you like but its discrimination to charge more. You wait someone will bring a case to court at some point.

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

[Removed by poster at 07/03/10 18:55:59]

Don’t think they pay enough, clubs should start charging £50, because there’s idiots that are willing to pay it, as longs as this happens it’ll never change.

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Unfortunately/fortunately depending on you point of view I think you will find private members clubs are outside the equal opportunities laws. It is only a class of membership and this is allowable - I know of at least one club that now charges ALL members a membership fee for this very reason but at differnt rates (having at one time only charged single males) and is still able to charge different prices on different days for different 'classes' of membership.

"Don’t think they pay enough, clubs should start charging £50, because there’s idiots that are willing to pay it, as longs as this happens it’ll never change.

"

That's ok, then you'll just be left in a club with a load of idiots

"Don’t think they pay enough, clubs should start charging £50, because there’s idiots that are willing to pay it, as longs as this happens it’ll never change.

That's ok, then you'll just be left in a club with a load of idiots "

Be NO different from being on here then

folkestone

For example i used to go to a private party that a couple used to hold. Where as couples would pay £20, single guys had to pay £40, and single women would get in free. Now i would never expect the host to be out of pocket for holding the party, and would be happy to pay the same as couples. But even with food and drinks, i cant see how it can be justified, when most single guys dont drink as they will be driving home(i dont drink anything if im driving). Where as one half of the couple will be able to drink as much as they like as they dont have to worry about being over the limit. I understand prices are set to deter the annoying single males, but some are just taking the piss.

Then don't go...."

I dont - havent been to a private party that charges over £10 for 18 months. Still go to a club now and again.

Torquay

"As I have said before on here there are many clubs on the continent (and at least one party circuit in the UK that I belong to) that make prospective single male party guests attend at least one, and sometimes two, face to face interviews before they allow them entry to their events.

Whether it's right or wrong I haven't really got an opinion, but there is an alternative.....just don't go if it upsets you so much!

Interview all you like but its discrimination to charge more. You wait someone will bring a case to court at some point."

I think it's already been said on here in another thread but the entry fees of a privately owned club are not coverered by the 1975 Sexual Discrimination Act, in the main because most if not all clubs carry the following text in their club rules...'The Management reserves the right to refuse entry'

Privately owned clubs are allowed to choose their own membership and to set their own entry prices.

Gut should you choose to go to the expense of testing this in court I am sure we will on look on with baited breath.....

Say it goes like this.

Court case and it's wrong to make people pay different amounts for the same service.

Clubs.

We will have couples nights £20

We have singles night £20

Mixed night £20

Wonder how the numbers will tally up

Very true.

If we were invited to a party and asked to pay, especially some of the amounts we have seen quoted, we would probably not go, simples.

Thats it don't mind a few bob contribution or take something for the buffet.

At the end of the day if your friend from work said i'm having a birthday party but it will cost you £30 to get in would you go???????"

Erm, I suppose it would depend on wether his missus was likely to suck my cock

Torquay

"Say it goes like this.

Court case and it's wrong to make people pay different amounts for the same service.

Clubs.

Mixed night £20

"

Thought it was made clear that club entry fees are not covered by the Sexual Discrimination Act so there won't be a succesful court case anytime soon?

Simple answer is, single guys, get yourself a woman to go with. it'l be free then.

"Say it goes like this.

Clubs.

Mixed night £20

Thought it was made clear that club entry fees are not covered by the Sexual Discrimination Act so there won't be a succesful court case anytime soon?

"

Ok

Hope that satisfied you Jane

Can't coment on private parties cos I don't know the premise of charging to entertain privately - though I suspect that charging for "sex parties" puts you at risk of prosecution under prostitution laws.

In respect of Clubs, whenever this subject comes up it just needs pointing out that the Clubs are run as businesses and not as equal opportunities enterprises to support the rights of single men seeking swinging experiences. Not much in life is fair if you think about it, just got to get with things and make the most of your opportunities. Look at bars and clubs that operate "ladies nights" with special drinks promotions for "ladies." It is just marketing as is the pricing structure at Swing Clubs.

TOP SUGGESTION - Open your own club and set your own "fair" prices see how long you last.

Torquay

"Can't coment on private parties cos I don't know the premise of charging to entertain privately - though I suspect that charging for "sex parties" puts you at risk of prosecution under prostitution laws.

In respect of Clubs, whenever this subject comes up it just needs pointing out that the Clubs are run as businesses and not as equal opportunities enterprises to support the rights of single men seeking swinging experiences. Not much in life is fair if you think about it, just got to get with things and make the most of your opportunities. Look at bars and clubs that operate "ladies nights" with special drinks promotions for "ladies." It is just marketing as is the pricing structure at Swing Clubs.

TOP SUGGESTION - Open your own club and set your own "fair" prices see how long you last. "

Great post.....

[Removed by poster at 08/03/10 10:31:36]

We are holding a party very soon 4TH April keeping cost £25 per couples and £20 for single guys and gals have a great venue and a lot of extras too and your free to play too this is to cover costs and we are doing it for charity katie fund and make a wish foundation. Check it out on events page 4th April Peterborough or meets and requests going to be a fantastic night.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Statistically most women earn less than men. If women were expected to pay the same entry price as men, I’d imagine many would be put off going because of the cost and because they have less hassle arranging alternatives. Less women going and there’s a bit less point in the men going… well all the shy ones who just want a shag in a private room.

folkestone

I did post that i could prehaps understand a club charging more because they do have a lot of overheads. The one i have been to doesnt have a massive difference in the price for single men and couples - only £10. My main gripe is with private parties.

" My main gripe is with private parties. "

Some private parties are a clear rip-off! None of us should be suprised there are people out there wanting to make a fast buck... and therefore not suprised some have taken the route of filling their private pockets by wafting the hope of a fast fuck.

If someone invites you to a private party at their home but then asks you to pay some stupidly high enterance fee... report the feckers to the Inland Revenue!

Torquay

It's like anything, if you don't like something you just don't use it or just don't go to it.

The house party circuit I belong to (The Domino Society) charge everyone entry because the properties they use are expensive to upkeep, they lay on a fantastic buffet, drinks are free, and they have the houses cleaned the morning after by a proper company.

Hence the entry fee....

"We are holding a party very soon 4TH April keeping cost £25 per couples and £20 for single guys and gals have a great venue and a lot of extras too and your free to play too this is to cover costs and we are doing it for charity katie fund and make a wish foundation. Check it out on events page 4th April Peterborough or meets and requests going to be a fantastic night."

Doesn't the club normally only charge £10 for entry on a Saturday (and half price for ladies)

This comes up a lot and I guess the answer is that despite it being wrong it will continue for as long as customers allow it. If no-one turns up something gets done.

Not sure its illegal either as for example golf clubs charge one price for men, another for ladies and a different one for juniors.

It happens because people know guys want to come in and for no other reason. And for people who say it keeps out the riffraff it doesnt.

At the end of the day if you think it is value go for it and if not dont.

".... And for people who say it keeps out the riffraff it doesnt.

"

I'll tell ya who it does up off.... the guys who say "I'm not going to a club on my own and paying that much if there's no guarantee of action". And to be quite frank I am glad it does put them off.

This is because it is a private party/swingers party and not just a normal lap dancing night and we are doing it for charity katies fund and make a wish foundation all money raised is going to them.

I'll tell ya who it does up off.... the guys who say "I'm not going to a club on my own and paying that much if there's no guarantee of action". And to be quite frank I am glad it does put them off.

"

The ones I worry about are the ones who say "I've paid my £25/£30/£40 to get in and expect a shag"

Totally wrong but it happens a lot.

The ones I worry about are the ones who say "I've paid my £25/£30/£40 to get in and expect a shag"

Totally wrong but it happens a lot."

These guys sound like complete planks to be honest, they might as well visit a brothel, if all they're after is a quick bit of oats before walking out whistling. Part of the reason adult parties are so appealing is the social nature they have, both in the fact that you have the freedom to reveal a side of yourself that you wouldn't to the general public as well as enjoying good conversation and good natured humour.

Perhaps the reason they are so vocal in their complaints is that no one wants to banter with these fools, never mind romp with them....?

By *r_NiceMan  over a year ago

falkirk

You wouldnt get a hooker for £40 and If you did ,bet she wouldnt make you a sandwich.

Though I do agree with you in priciple

» Add a new message to this topic