FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Paying for it...

Paying for it...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Browsing through profiles and seeing pretty much every new woman in the site putting things like "inundated with messages give a girl a break" led me to wonder if maybe the quality would go up if this was turned into a pay site or only site supporters could message people.

I love the fact it's free but it's also the fact that it's free that's ruining it. I know for a fiver a month if it reduced the numbers of people copying and pasting messages to all and sundry it'd be a small price to pay.

Apologies if this has been done before.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iceguydaveMan  over a year ago

Monmouth

..maybe a different approach would be to seriously limit the number of messages that a non-subscriber could send in any given period, to avoid the 'scattergun approach' that ends up with overflowing inboxes?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

want an honest answer....

I really don't think it would make a jot of difference....

and if people are going scattergun, you tend to know who they are because they haven't listened to a word in the ads...

I am a keen advocate of the "delete" button....if someone isn't to your taste then use it....

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

The only difference paying for membership makes to the twats is... they start to think they are 'owed' something for their money

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Pay site, Free site, same people, same attitudes ....

I've never understood why people think that a fee of 40 quid or so would get rid of the idiots. Idiots have money to spend just the same as the rest of us

Although I wouldn't object to paying for a quality site such as this, I would pay for it because I liked it and because it works for me, not because I'd expect it to attract a different class of people.

In short, it wouldn't make a jot of difference, except to the members pockets and the bank accounts of the site owners.

By *woBiTwoCouple  over a year ago

north manchester

Sadly I dont think it would make any difference either- any sensible amount of money wouldnt put the shotgun types off. We used a Loot ad before we found Fab, and were inundated with texts that cost £1.50 a time to the sender, some, who were NOTHING like our profile needs. sending us to 5 or 6 additional ones to berate us for not meeting them!

"Browsing through profiles and seeing pretty much every new woman in the site putting things like "inundated with messages give a girl a break" led me to wonder if maybe the quality would go up if this was turned into a pay site or only site supporters could message people.

I love the fact it's free but it's also the fact that it's free that's ruining it. I know for a fiver a month if it reduced the numbers of people copying and pasting messages to all and sundry it'd be a small price to pay.

Apologies if this has been done before. "

You can pay here to be a member and then also block all non members so why is there a need for any change as what you suggest is already available.

We,like a good few others on here,were members of L.S,a paying site,before joining this site.

Despite L.S being a pay site and not a cheap one at that,it still had members making the same complaints etc as this one.

So we don't think paying makes any difference at all,as someone said previously Idiots can afford to pay too!

XXXX

This topic has been done to death on many occasions with the same replies as above.

More should be made of the block and filter facilities of the site... block new members, block un-verified members etc etc.... OK there is a chance that by doing this you can block the good folk too but will at least help to filter the idiots out.

Steve

Another dead horse thats been repeatedly flogged on here.

You wouldnt sift the idiots out. Only those who are able/prepared to pay to use the site.

Every time this comes up people who have pid for membership on other sites tell you the same thing.

"We,like a good few others on here,were members of L.S,a paying site,before joining this site.

Despite L.S being a pay site and not a cheap one at that,it still had members making the same complaints etc as this one.

So we don't think paying makes any difference at all,as someone said previously Idiots can afford to pay too!

XXXX"

LS

Oh how we remember LS

By *ooty and suuCouple  over a year ago

barnsley

yeah charge single men 100 to 200 to join

would be a good idea

that would help sort the pervs from genuine guys

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"yeah charge single men 100 to 200 to join

would be a good idea

that would help sort the pervs from genuine guys "

There are plenty of pervs with money....makes no odds

"You can pay here to be a member and then also block all non members so why is there a need for any change as what you suggest is already available."

Agree it wouldn't make any difference, but this seems the most interesting point, you can do it anyway if you so wish!

» Add a new message to this topic