FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Swinging discussion at work!

Swinging discussion at work!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondered if anyone has encountered this and what went through their mind at the time. I walked into the staff room the other day in work and the discussion was about dogging which then progressed to swinging. I have no idea and didn't ask how the discussion started but was intrigued to hear their opinions. It got quite intense as they were trying to work out what sort of people did 'this sort of thing'. Was it the quiet ones or the loudmouth ones who did this?!!! One person said how disgusting it was and how can they lower themselves to such a level. I might add this person has a low opinion of everyone!!! Not well liked at work and has gone down another notch in my book to! Another said her husband works with someone who's been a swinger for years and that this guy goes to the clubs. She seemed fascinated and said she'd love to go to the club in Newport just to see what happens and what it's like in there. The suprise came when our straight-laced boss added that he would like to see in one of 'these' clubs to and everyone just gaped at him!!! Of course I carried on making my tea not saying a word. I mean what could I say???? No-one that we personally know knows what hubby and I do for recreation and no-one ever will(unless we unknowingly meet whilst out playing!!! That would be awkward!) as it seems it is so frowned upon. I so wanted to blurt out that we are normal people, with normal lives and normal jobs. We have learnt in the short time we have been doing this that it is a caring, tight-knit community where we have been welcomed with open arms and lots of kind words. When someone is ill, the get well posts flood in, when someone dear to someone passes, the posts flood in again. While this woman at work, who thinks it's disgusting, is crossing off her numbers at the bingo hall on a Friday night and probably bored to tears, Hubby and I will be busy with 2 or more lovely people having the time of our lives! A much better night of fun than bingo I think!

If I ever leave this part of the country I might just leave them a parting letter telling them about our wonderful secret life. Just wish I could be there to see their faces if that happens!!!LOL

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

When I worked at a local firm a few years ago we always got round to joking abot sex etc in the staff room , more so if we al went on a works outing . One girl did ask me once straight out would you go swinging? to which in a brave style i said dunno, I do think however she had her suspicions about me and the wife when i returned the quesrion she said i suppose if we were pissed and didnt know the cple i would do it in the same room . I think more cples talk lok at swing than we think i also think many many cples have had cam sex with cples not the internet is there for all.

I think sex is a very popular topic in workplaces. It certainly is in ours!LOL Someone we swung with when we started said that a friend of theirs was 'found out' in their small town up north somewhere and instead of being snubbed, people were coming up to her in the street asking her questions through sheer fascination. They were really interested in the in's and out's (pardon the pun!) of the lifestyle. Curiosity gets the better of most I think!

"Just wondered if anyone has encountered this and what went through their mind at the time. I walked into the staff room the other day in work and the discussion was about dogging which then progressed to swinging. I have no idea and didn't ask how the discussion started but was intrigued to hear their opinions. It got quite intense as they were trying to work out what sort of people did 'this sort of thing'. Was it the quiet ones or the loudmouth ones who did this?!!! One person said how disgusting it was and how can they lower themselves to such a level. I might add this person has a low opinion of everyone!!! Not well liked at work and has gone down another notch in my book to! Another said her husband works with someone who's been a swinger for years and that this guy goes to the clubs. She seemed fascinated and said she'd love to go to the club in Newport just to see what happens and what it's like in there. The suprise came when our straight-laced boss added that he would like to see in one of 'these' clubs to and everyone just gaped at him!!! Of course I carried on making my tea not saying a word. I mean what could I say???? No-one that we personally know knows what hubby and I do for recreation and no-one ever will(unless we unknowingly meet whilst out playing!!! That would be awkward!) as it seems it is so frowned upon. I so wanted to blurt out that we are normal people, with normal lives and normal jobs. We have learnt in the short time we have been doing this that it is a caring, tight-knit community where we have been welcomed with open arms and lots of kind words. When someone is ill, the get well posts flood in, when someone dear to someone passes, the posts flood in again. While this woman at work, who thinks it's disgusting, is crossing off her numbers at the bingo hall on a Friday night and probably bored to tears, Hubby and I will be busy with 2 or more lovely people having the time of our lives! A much better night of fun than bingo I think!

If I ever leave this part of the country I might just leave them a parting letter telling them about our wonderful secret life. Just wish I could be there to see their faces if that happens!!!LOL "

We have not directly revealed to work colleagues that we are "in the life style" , however, there have been hints... It is probably more about our respective openness when talking about sexual matters, our non judgemental attitude that raised curiosity.

Tbh, we dont actually mind people being aware of our choice of life style - and therefore are no longer concerned with meeting somebody we know. After all, it is about consenting adults etc... and for your work colleagues to have their suspicions (my boss certainly does!!!) can be quite entertaining...;-)

By *lack_BoltMan  over a year ago

oxford

I've recently started being much more open about the fact that I swing, and have been surprised how non-judgmental most people have been.

Some have gently teased me about it but in the main most people have just accepted it, and my best friend told me that knowing me as well as he does it made perfect sense. He also said that under different circumstances he might be tempted to try it.

There are some people who I know wouldn't approve so have kept it quite out of respect for them but if they found out I wouldn't deny it.

A while back Ms Rooney became quite friendly with another female work colleague who took an interest, a long story short but she joined us on a few of occasions, only stopped when she started seeing a guy.

"A while back Ms Rooney became quite friendly with another female work colleague who took an interest, a long story short but she joined us on a few of occasions, only stopped when she started seeing a guy. "

TBH.. the thread is about colleagues and work... however... HOWEVER... we have "corrupted" a few friends.. and are in the process of increasing our army of potential swingers ...

Just droppng hints at how liberating it is...and the social side... and well it can be part of a new fitness regime...;-)

I found a friend on here our children go to school together. Could'nt look at her in the face when we both found out we were swingers in the end I invited her for coffee and we had a real giggle. She had noticed the change in me a slight swinger glow that I think we all have. And I love playing that game when out shopping guessing who are swingers and who are not.

"A while back Ms Rooney became quite friendly with another female work colleague who took an interest, a long story short but she joined us on a few of occasions, only stopped when she started seeing a guy.

TBH.. the thread is about colleagues and work... however... HOWEVER... we have "corrupted" a few friends.. and are in the process of increasing our army of potential swingers ...

Just droppng hints at how liberating it is...and the social side... and well it can be part of a new fitness regime...;-)"

I know, hence I told the tale of a work colleague of Ms Rooney,s and not friends beyond work.

"I found a friend on here our children go to school together. Could'nt look at her in the face when we both found out we were swingers in the end I invited her for coffee and we had a real giggle. She had noticed the change in me a slight swinger glow that I think we all have. And I love playing that game when out shopping guessing who are swingers and who are not."

Ah, it was you in the Sainsbury's cafe the other day staring at us lol

By *onyMad123Couple  over a year ago

nottingham/ derby

I dont hide the fact we play from freinds an open minded members of my family, though do keep it out of partners place of work, Most once they know that we play are intrigued and have found 2 more freinds and a couple we know who also partake :O

I feel we have nothing to be ashamed of at all and enjoy what we do and thoses that are small minded enough to judge shouldnt knock it till they have tried it.

As well as being a devoted couple this has brought a whole new depth of naugtiness to our relationship, also the trust aspect is stronger than ever as we will never upset each other nor go off behind each others backs.

all the guys i (Ritchie) work with know and they always ask questions about it! And if they take the piss about shagging someone elses missus, I just volunteer to go to their house and sort their missus out! That, surprisingly shuts them up!

» Add a new message to this topic