FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Last Minute Cancellations!

Last Minute Cancellations!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ardnWett OP   Couple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Are last minute cancellations, bad luck, better offers or mixture of them all, especially when they are done online via Fab or text message. I wonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

they mite be bad luck but if u

look at it this way..it could be

good luck for u lol xx

I don't think you can generalise really.

Most probably have legitimate reasons. The rest are most likely to be a combination of timewasters, loss of confidence, better offers etc etc.

Well you're a couple, so you can both just have lots of fun on you're own

"Well you're a couple, so you can both just have lots of fun on you're own "

Oooooh don't you just love people with a glass half full approach to life!

Just block the knobs and move on x

I was going to say cold feet

Cold feet, as you missed a bit when shaving

By *entscotscplCouple  over a year ago

falkirk ish

llf here

at least in asda or tesco you get fair and decent offers .

not the like the majority in here off late llf

"Are last minute cancellations, bad luck, better offers or mixture of them all, especially when they are done online via Fab or text message. I wonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

i dont think theres an answer to this, i think some cancel cause they have had a better offer, some get cold feet, some are genuine family reasons, so guess you'll never know

Forum Mod

It also depends if they seem keen to make another date with you instead

Could be a genuine reason to cancel,things happen sometimes,but its up to you if you feel they are worth making more arrangements with

As most of us on here have familys with children i think we all have to keep in the back of our minds that some reasons are genuine, if my child became ill on the evening of a meet i would cancel, no question, and to be honest i would expect others to do the same, i dont expect anyone to put meeting me before their kids, and the end of the day its upto you wether you beleive them or not, because some people do use their children as an excuse, i had a guy tell me once his mother had died which i later found out to be a lie

think of it another way (and we know this from our own experience)

would you rather they turned up with all that doubt and no one have a nice time as a result?

Well if they message you and cancel a bit before hand, then fair enough. I would give the benefit of the doubt. Its easy for something to happen to anyone, such as a burst water pipe, work or whatever.

Now if they dont show up, then screw em, I would never bother with them again.

But if someone cancels like 5 mins before your meant to meet, then I would forget about them and move on.

You got to really decide for yourself when something like this happens. Do you feel that the person is some bit honest and upfront? Or do you get more of the feeling that they are a fake or time waster?

I usually give them a chance, if they cancel with some notice. If they cancel a second time with short notice, then thats it, I move on, its there lost.

If they give you notice, or dont even bother to contact to apologize then screw them, theres plenty of other decent people there to have fun.

By *ay112Man  over a year ago

northwest

i agree dont mind if they gave you a few hours notice but if you have cancelled things during the day and waited and waited heard nothing then you get a text an hour past meeting time after texting yourself asking its ok if you cant make it let me know as your waiting out of politeness i got a "sorry hun cant make it went out last night got p1ssed so hung over"

We have had to cancel short notice once as my son was ill and ex husband wanted to bring him home,so we know there are genuine reasons why people might cancel at short notice and would give them the benefit of the doubt if that happened to us.

Don’t understand the last few replies bad things can happen at anytime, so its ok if they happen a few hours before a meet

when the mrs used to swing, all the cancellations we got we never even got a txt about, they just didnt turn up

By *r SpunkloverMan  over a year ago

hull

We have been swingers for many years, there are lots of time wasters on every site not just hear.

November last year we organised a "BI" party at a verified regular fuck buddys 4 bedroom house. lovely place food and drink laid on. It was all organised weeks in advance, couples could stay over, bi room, bondage S&M room, ws room, anything went. Do what ever you want.

We wanted to meet some new people so never invited anyone we had met before. All the couple had both parties as "bi" with very "kinky" stuff on their profile. We sent out 20 invites 10 accepted, but in the last week before the party 5 couples pulled out and on the afternoon of the party the rest all pulled out! Naming and shaming may have worked but cant really be bothered.

We have not met any new couples since, singles are much more fun and grateful as hell. As are we!!!!

Sheffield

There are some really interesting answers/replies on here and thanks for them. Anything can happen at any time but I/we wouldn't want to jinx one of our own with a fake illness, would you?

Now nervous newcomers perhaps should just come clean that they are unsure about swinging and come clean, the genuine ones should always be forgiven, but the ones that take a "better offer" what can be said of those. Take care guys and keep on having fun.

By *ity Slickers PartiesCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Milan, Italy

We seem to lack of confident reliable guys believe it or not… it is more likely that a couple keep to their word once they have made a decision than single guys!!!! I suppose you are right it comes down if you are a true swinger or if you would like to be one….

Sheffield

Well whats the record for the most no shows we had 3 in 3 days, what a bummer x

I have never ever let any one down and I am single. Never at any time about anything always do what I say. A lot of single guys in here are probably married and do not have what it takes to actually do what is in their heads! I had a married guy let me down the other week from here and he supposedly had a young girlfriend for a 3-some. Yeah right!....lol

being a single mum with 3 young ones obviously from time to time I have had to cancel due to problems with one , the other or all 3 winks, but I always contact to cancel, and definately try to reschedule...and I accept if someone cancels for what ever reason...as long as they at the very least text to cancel...it is when they just don't show or try to contact in any way that pisses me off

Sheffield

Totally agree Yummy, our kinda girl x

Some cancellations are unavoidable....

i dont mind if they text or whatever but no shows just bloody annoy me!!

iv had to cancel a few times either work or kiddo or somethin and always try to rearrange xx

Late cancellations leave you feeling flat but we have experienced genuine problems where you completely and utterly understand why the meet cant happen,we have also had the experience of being someones second choice should their original meet not happen,we didnt find out until afterwards and we have also been party to some cancellations from people who never intended to turn up in the first place but we have worked out that these are the highs and lows of swinging and just part and parcel of the whole thing,best to put them behind you and move on.

By *anzellMan  over a year ago

Essex

I was meant to meet up with a couple/single fem last night...Was asked dont bottle it, your gonna turn up arent you etc etc...I said yes of course...5 mins before we are supposed to meet - I get a text saying basically cant meet me now sorry.....Talk about late cancellations!!! Now I wonder if the single fem would like it if it happend to her/I did it to her?

I mailed her basically saying thanks a lot as I changed things around/put other meets off to meet up and guess what...I get blocked as if im in the wrong??? Now please guys tell me, am i in the wrong?

Single guys get slaughtered for time wasting so what about couples/single fems? My night got totally messed around cos od them but thats ok....if it was me that done it, the shit would hit the fan!! Just not right i dont think....

"I was meant to meet up with a couple/single fem last night...Was asked dont bottle it, your gonna turn up arent you etc etc...I said yes of course...5 mins before we are supposed to meet - I get a text saying basically cant meet me now sorry.....Talk about late cancellations!!! Now I wonder if the single fem would like it if it happend to her/I did it to her?

I mailed her basically saying thanks a lot as I changed things around/put other meets off to meet up and guess what...I get blocked as if im in the wrong??? Now please guys tell me, am i in the wrong?

Single guys get slaughtered for time wasting so what about couples/single fems? My night got totally messed around cos od them but thats ok....if it was me that done it, the shit would hit the fan!! Just not right i dont think....

"

well, it is annoting when anyone has to cancel late, but at least she did text...but no it was not right that you then got blocked for voicing how it screwed up your plans...we just hear more about when single males do it because there are just so many more single males out there and I know from experience that a lot of them don't even bother to text, just don't show.As a single mum I have had to cancel meets in the past due to the kids, as of course they come first and most people are understanding of that, but I ALWAYS text or call to let them know as soon as I can.It has happened to me that 10 min before someone was due to arrive that ex called to say that all 3 were throwing up and he couldn't handle it so was bringing the twins home, so yes I had to cancel just before and was called a liar and a timewaster...

By *woBiTwoCouple  over a year ago

north manchester

We've had a few last minute cancellations, but most for genuine, unavoidable reasons - 3 (1 ours) because of sudden onset of periods, and 1 when our male friend had a chance to see his young daughter, who he rarely has access to. Real life does intervene, and you have to keep your good vibes and move on.

Because we spend a fair amount of time getting to 'know' our meets first, loss of bottle or better offers hasn't been a factor so far.

Last minute cancelations fuck me i hate it when they do that,you know they are making a lame excuse up by the tone of the text or the phone call you get. But such is life you move on

i must admit i've had to cancel last minute. Once was due to a death in the family. Had to act as taxi for someone. The next time i arranged to meet the same couple they text me saying meet up at 6 at a pub. I text back saying i can't get there by that time. Earliest is by 8. They text back oh never mine another time then, so i made other arrangements. At 8.15 i get a text where are you? Then they get shirty that i never showed up! Now i'm suppose to apologise to them! Never mind i had fun elsewhere anyway

"Last minute cancelations fuck me i hate it when they do that,you know they are making a lame excuse up by the tone of the text or the phone call you get. But such is life you move on "

A few years ago we arranged a meet,we got a test that morning saying sorry my mums has been in an accident,will get back to you later,later on we got another text saying her husband was in hospital after the accident and they wouldnt be able to meet us,we couldnt believe it,in fact we laughed at the last text.

But we do understand that family and kids come first and if someone cancelled because of that then we would re arrange.

We wouldnt hesitate to cancel a meet if Paul got called into work or if one of my kids became ill,but we would give as much notice as possible.

» Add a new message to this topic