FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Who remembers?

Who remembers?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eprobatepair OP   Couple  over a year ago

london

The days before the Information Superhighway when swinging happened via word of mouth, in clubs or via top shelf publications?

Was in a shop the other day and spotted a copy of Rendezvous magazine, not seen one of those in YEARS. Along with New Direction and Forum they were about it.

No verifications, mailboxes, chatrooms, camrooms, voicemail boxes etc etc

Whilst we're at it who remembers Dean and Matty? Paltalk? ICQ or Yahoo swingers groups?

How things have changed eh?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I don't remember but from what people have said on here before it was a quicker way to get a meet

I'm 53 now, and been playing just 2yrs, but prior to that I never ever thought about swinging. I was aware it went on "somewhere" but hadn't got a clue how it was instigated, lol.

I thought it was all about, "keys in the bowl", and wasn't aware there were contact mags for it....how niave was I, lol

By *ricky_DickyMan  over a year ago

Mirfield

I remember those days well, spent a small fortune buying contact mags, then the forwarding fees and stamps. The time taken to write proper letters. No one moaning about time wasters and single guys on forums

Moving on to early internet sites I also remember Dean and Mattys, which is still going as far as I know and yahoo adult groups which are still there, just hardly anyone uses them. MSN also had adult groups before they moved them onto World Groups.

Yup things have changed, not all of them for the better.

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Been in the scene for 14 years, so yes we remember it well. For us the start was buying ad mag on a Tuesday and as other posters have said it tool ages sending letters, stamps and waiting for replies. Thank god mobile phones had just started to take off around the same time.

Now feeling very old and past it

By *mcouple1Couple  over a year ago

nr warrington

back of the loot x worked

Being bi I used ta meet men in normal saunas lol they would then take me back home ta their wives etc even went ta a key party once I was seventeen when I first encontered swinging

twenty eight years ago lol

it's a he'll of a lot easier now xxx

By *stwoCouple  over a year ago

anywhere

we rember those days well and to be honest we found less timewasters then than we do now.Think the fact you had to write letters buy stamps put the timewasters off.oh and the polaroid pics.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

Dean & Mattys is still up and running, but never seen many on there lately. Fab put paid to that site after Dean died and the fact they are charging for it. No one to update the site and it is still like it was at that time.

Not seen contact mags since we got the "real" 'Net back in 1994. Oh, those were the days lol

yahoo still have swinger groups dont they

Paltalk!!! Goodness, I thought I was the only person that knew about it because whenever I have ever mentioned that site to people they have looked at me 'gone out!!'.

I was simply addicted to that site. A site where you could hear people speak, albeit it limited, but clearly (one at a time)! They could be anywhere in the world at any time, it was fantastic. I remember once visiting a swinger's room and at the time had no idea what swinging was. I was fascinated by what they said and this started the ball rolling for me.

The Paltalk site became a bit greedy and was asking people for money so I left it. Wonder what has happened to it now???

Palktalk, wow, those were the days.

Alison

I remember going into Yahoo adult chatrooms 8y ago!

MSN had shutdown their chatrooms by that time, however, they still had adult groups, and I did have some fun!

Found a site called Swapscene (gone now) in about 1998 I think it was made some great friends on there some I chat and meet with now.

BUT I do remember the contact mags and all the stuff that went with them. Thank god for the net I say timewasters and all !!!!!

Ad mag!! I had loads of meets from Admag, the premium rate number and recording a message, must have been my sexy voice cos my typed ad gets nowt lol

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

Joined AFF 11 years ago - didn't meet a single soul the first 8 years (didn't even get an email the first 7 !). I remember there was the odd occasion of timewasters (trust me to find one!)off yahoo chat (before the global/country split), ICQ and contact mags (oh, the dodgy brown envelopes saidit all!) and paying premium rate to get your voicemail boxes.

After months of corresponding, and phone calls and text messages, finally agreed to meet up so dragged myself down to portsmouth. Back then I was still very much in mindset of "he wants to meet? he pays" so paid for pretty much the whole day out: cab here, meal there, entry ticket blah blah.

At end of the evening I was suggesting "So, where shall we go next?" (hint: your place or mine - yours, as I live in London) to which she said "Am sorry... I maybe should have told you earlier. I can't do this as I've had a boyfriend these last 6 months and he wouldnt be happy with me cheating."

... but hey, am still here - glutton for punishment eh?

I first got interested in the scene by buying the Rendezvous magazine many years ago.

Remember how much of a pain in the arse it was arranging a meet with the advert code and phone number you had to call and hoping they would get back to you.

Thankfully the internet has made things so much easier.

By *affiaCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

problem with paltalk was that once you had it on your computer it was virtually impossible to remove

"Being bi I used ta meet men in normal saunas lol they would then take me back home ta their wives etc even went ta a key party once I was seventeen when I first encontered swinging

it's a he'll of a lot easier now xxx "

jesus christ you your willy will soon need a retread lol!! xx

Yip,,, remember the old magazines. Cost me nowt as I put it through the works franking machine.

Success rate was not too bad back then too, find Swinging has become more acceptable and popular now so people become more selective.

Back then it was dial-a-shag

By *ongthighes4uCouple  over a year ago

norwich

Was a member of dean and mattys swing2us for a long time. used to log in every day to it. had some good meets from it too.

Then just before xmas. logged in and it was gone. tried and tried but can't find it anywhere now. Anyone know anything about it.

ICQ and IRC... lol oh yes, I remember it well... lol

Wolf

By *littylikka69Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

remember rendezvous only too well with writing all those letters and buying the stamps!,i did have some good meets though!.

then 2003 when i got a pc a mate showed showed me a few dating sites then AFF popped up one day so i tried that but not a lot of good for meets although the cams and videos were good!~

I remember it

And to be truthful in some ways it was better? Xx

"Being bi I used ta meet men in normal saunas lol they would then take me back home ta their wives etc even went ta a key party once I was seventeen when I first encontered swinging

it's a he'll of a lot easier now xxx "

Bloody hell just reading this post not realising it was nearly two years old and came across the quote from my old couples profile lol

Bugger I'm gettin old xx

AWW Maaan

I started in Rendezvous. It was fantastic! I lost track of it when I settled down..

We only started in the lifestyle after the information superhighway was in existence. But I remember Dean and Matty and the Yahoo Groups very well.

I remember my first proposition from a couple when I was just a girl of 17, that was just in a normal chat room. I was intrigued and very very tempted but scared to death that I'd get up there and they'd have me under the patio the next day. So glad to have all the verifications and video chat these days. If we had all that back then I would have got into it all alot sooner. But I'm glad I didn't because this way both myself and my wonderful hubby explored our kinks and sexuality together! xx

By *irtygirl11Couple  over a year ago

East Cheshire

There used to be a place in London that we sent our raunchy pics to to get developed before sending them, with a hand written letter to contacts in Rendezvous. I started swinging in 1979 and dirtygirl 'bout 10 years later. (Before we were together).

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

When i was younger it was mostly being right place right time, when i got married we used contact magazine abit and then there used to be a thing on the television for contacts late at night(can anyone remember that names and brief description came up on screen with contact number) we never actually used that but did watch it

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

"I don't remember but from what people have said on here before it was a quicker way to get a meet "

Yeah, heard the stories!

Thank gawd for internet and sending face pics!!!! lol

"When i was younger it was mostly being right place right time, when i got married we used contact magazine abit and then there used to be a thing on the television for contacts late at night(can anyone remember that names and brief description came up on screen with contact number) we never actually used that but did watch it"

I remember it, if i remember correctly, there was also a page on ceefax or oracle, where you could browse ads and contact via premium rate number.

By *abrina59TV/TS  over a year ago

submissive land

well tried the contact mags but know if internet had been around when married wife would have swung then but not now unfortunatly

And remember the cost too.

FAB is free and brill, thank goodness for the t'internet

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"When i was younger it was mostly being right place right time, when i got married we used contact magazine abit and then there used to be a thing on the television for contacts late at night(can anyone remember that names and brief description came up on screen with contact number) we never actually used that but did watch it

I remember it, if i remember correctly, there was also a page on ceefax or oracle, where you could browse ads and contact via premium rate number."

yes thats the one i was thinking off on ceefax or oracle

There used to be something called ukrudegirls much bonking on wold sexual adventurers village. It was a kind of swingers forum and I know she used to hold parties at the old ceasars club nr Coventry. Think it all went by the wayside after the parties stopped...last time I looked, the site was dead! Anyone else remember that?

By *lum59Couple  over a year ago

wigan

Thats how we started Loot voice messages

By *ricky_DickyMan  over a year ago

Mirfield

"There used to be something called ukrudegirls much bonking on wold sexual adventurers village. It was a kind of swingers forum and I know she used to hold parties at the old ceasars club nr Coventry. Think it all went by the wayside after the parties stopped...last time I looked, the site was dead! Anyone else remember that? "

I remember UKrudegirl from the days of her MSN and Yahoo groups, the much bonking site is still going although very quiet. Ceasers club shut a couple of year ago and the people running it opened club spice which is also now closed

By *weet DevilMan  over a year ago

dukinfield

and then there was gumtree as well but they stopped the ads lol

i found a contact mag in my dads top drawer when i was a kid.

didnt have a clue what it was. lol

By *it of fun cplCouple  over a year ago

village between York and Hull

Yes the northern link contact mag and met a couple off there when I was single. Aol chat rooms was the next along with dean and mattys plus dirty David's then sh and fab. Think I have been at it too long now!!!

Hubby found a contact mag in a works van he was fixing and the guy said he could have it, brought it home and looked through a few ads and found one where the telephone number could be made out (used to be blacked out) and decided to ring it

10+ years on and sometimes think about putting an ad in the local free papers to see if its got any better xx

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

We got curious about swinging through a magazine we were given at a Erotica type event years ago. Think it was called Desire (something like that) used to have a contact section at the back.

Met our very first couple through that magazine.

Got online shortly after and joined a site called Swapscene (not around anymore) before we found other better sites.

By *rummiePartyManMan  over a year ago

birmingham

No trip down Memory Lane would be complete without a mention of the Dirty David web site

I used to use contact mags like Silk Swingers and Desire.

It was much easier to get meets than on here! Every advert I placed would result in several meets, there were no time wasters!

The good old days

» Add a new message to this topic