FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Cheap places around Euston station

Cheap places around Euston station

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *omethingSoGoodAboutSofia OP   Woman  over a year ago

Blackburn/Preston

Just wondered if anyone knows of any cheap ish places to stop for a night in London near to Euston or easy to get to Euston? Or even any clubs that have accommodation? I'm stuck in London on Saturday night with nowhere to stay...yet! Everywhere I've looked, even the crappy places are like £100+...don't know if it's cos I'm from up north and can get a travelodge for about £40 a night up here or if I'm being cheap! Hoping to go for drinks/a night out with fellow fabbers or to a club but can't properly plan anything until I sort accomodation out first or if anyone offers to put me up for a night which I doubt will happen...I'd really appreciate suggestions if anyone knows of any hotels/b&bs etc

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

London is expensive and near the stations can be more expensive.

Try looking for last minute or late rooms and you'll get somewhere better.

Travelodge, Prem Inns and the other chains don't really reduce their London rates as people choose them as they know the name. Look for something that isn't a chain.

A quick check on last minute shows a 5* for one night in central London for £109 this weekend. The same as you would pay for Travelodge and much, much nicer.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

O stayed near Euston on Saturday and it cost £150. Still it was a lovely room with lovely company

By *orflondonerMan  over a year ago

Wood Green

There are a few places in the Finsbury park area.Not sure what they are like now,as they use to be rough.but they seem to have done them up these days.Oh and 3 stops from Euston

"There are a few places in the Finsbury park area.Not sure what they are like now,as they use to be rough.but they seem to have done them up these days.Oh and 3 stops from Euston"

There is a Best Western (Marked as BW Highbury) at Finsbury Park now. The B&Bs are all still there and a lot have been tarted up. I was wondering whether going further out to Brent Cross would make things cheaper. Euston on the Northern Line from there.

You can find cheap places in London if you don't mind it not being boutique or classy.. Try hotels dot com or late rooms ect

By *lassyandadventurousMan  over a year ago

England and Wales

Someone offer the lady a bed quckly you miserable bunch lol

Last minute is about the only way of staying reasonable in London.

100 a night is about the cheapest you'll get but with last miniyte it will be a very nice place compared to a place that's worse than a student bed sit

"There are a few places in the Finsbury park area.Not sure what they are like now,as they use to be rough.but they seem to have done them up these days.Oh and 3 stops from Euston

There is a Best Western (Marked as BW Highbury) at Finsbury Park now. The B&Bs are all still there and a lot have been tarted up. I was wondering whether going further out to Brent Cross would make things cheaper. Euston on the Northern Line from there.

"

Euston quite accessible on the tube network so anywhere that goes via euston.. Try SE London, greenwich Bermondsey, london bridge or Camden swiss cottage finsbury park edgware road etc

By *unglerivermonkeyMan  over a year ago

Scarborough

As other posters have mentioned try laterooms.com,lastminute.com or bookings.com.

"As other posters have mentioned try laterooms.com,lastminute.com or bookings.com.

"

Or Trivago. Bookings.com is better and you can get great last min deals xx

By *omethingSoGoodAboutSofia OP   Woman  over a year ago

Blackburn/Preston

Thank you for so many suggestions! I shall have a look on the sites mentioned now and see what I find...and I'll bloody make sure I book the same train back as my friends next time, a simple mistake I made of booking the train back for the next day is proving to be an expensive mistake! I blame fab for the lack of concentration!!! Haha! Thank you all for the suggestions, much appreciated

Yeah expensive spot got off a train at heuston an missed my transfer train and had to try find a hotel that wasn't booked out .....

Had to shell out 160 quid for a tiny little box room ,

You couldn't swing a cat in ....

Was disgusted !.........

Hi Sofia.

The best hotel I could find is actually a serviced apartment. So you get the entire studio flat all to yourself. This one is in Goodge street, 2 stops down from euston on the northern line. (5 mins tops)

http://uk.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?pa=46&pn=1&ps=46&tab=description&destinationId=549499&searchDestination=London&hotelId=400679&arrivalDate=26-04-2014&departureDate=27-04-2014&rooms[0].numberOfAdults=1&roomno=1&validate=false&previousDateful=false&reviewOrder=date_newest_first

When staying in London we normally book on the day to get very last min deals have had 3*'s for about 60quid and 5* for about 100. Trivago is normally our first stop now.

By *nfieldishCouple  over a year ago

Enfield

Bayswater / paddington area always seemed reasonable ...

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

"When staying in London we normally book on the day to get very last min deals have had 3*'s for about 60quid and 5* for about 100. Trivago is normally our first stop now."

I'm the opposite, when I lived up North, I used to book months in advance and get the Premier Inn deals.

I stayed at Heathrow a couple of weeks ago and got the Holiday Inn for £69 for 2 including their £29 breakfast each!

You could also try 'airbnb' it's people who rent out their own rooms/houses

I worked at ST. Pancras when they refurbished it and stayed there plenty of times. The ibis was about £80 and there are cheaper places at kings cross - 5 mins walk.

» Add a new message to this topic