FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Reading profiles ...

Reading profiles ...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why is it that guys on here seem to be totally incapable of actually reading a profile before messaging and then get all offended when you tell them that? Its not rocket science guys but annoying as hell getting so many unwanted messages and missing genuine ones ploughing through them all.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *octor DeleriumMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Why is it that guys on here seem to be totally incapable of actually reading a profile before messaging and then get all offended when you tell them that? Its not rocket science guys but annoying as hell getting so many unwanted messages and missing genuine ones ploughing through them all."

I do read the profile and send a message if it is appropriate; if the profile age preference excludes me, then I appear as someone who has _iewed but I'm not going to waste my time sending a nugatory message.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Wish more were like you x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If men took the time out to read mine I wouldn't have to piss them saying no thanks.

It's not exclusive to guys, there are sections across all of fab who fail to read, go straight to the good stuff (pictures) and mail with no thought as to whether they're compatible for you.

Just block em and move on, people should concentrate on the ones who interest them rather than the ones who don't.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

you will be awaiting hell freezing over before your desire is ever achieved...

good luck tho

Why bother pointing it out to them? If they haven't read your profile, then just delete and block. It really is that simple.

My block list is hundreds long for just this reason but the guys who annoy me just as much are the ones who did read the profile and tell you they know they're not your type, but think they are an exception.

It's not just the guys to be fair. We clearly post that we don't meet in our area but that does not stop couples or singles or anyone in between from still messaging us.

"Why is it that guys on here seem to be totally incapable of actually reading a profile before messaging and then get all offended when you tell them that? Its not rocket science guys but annoying as hell getting so many unwanted messages and missing genuine ones ploughing through them all."

Some of us DO read them in their entirety and respond accordingly. The problem is that I personally take time to read them, reply with well meaning emails, and these emails don't even get read, or if they do they most often get deleted without a simple 'no thanks'.

It's a vicious circle because then you end up not wanting to, or simply not having the time or energy to send well thought out replies because you lose faith in the site.

If a man (like me) takes the time to respond properly, the person receiving has a responsibility to reply, even it's a no thank you otherwise you (the women) are part of the problem.

Hopefully you see what I mean

I dont read profiles. Call me lazy lol.

First line of my profile says if you don't read my profile then your message gets deleted unread. It's another filter. I like to call it the 'dickheads who can't be arsed to read my profile but try their chances'filter (tho may need to make it into something a bit catchier

By *rank_SimoneCouple  over a year ago

Bideford

Why read a profile when there are pictures.

By *onacletonyCouple  over a year ago

Brighton, Greater London

"Why is it that guys on here seem to be totally incapable of actually reading a profile before messaging and then get all offended when you tell them that? Its not rocket science guys but annoying as hell getting so many unwanted messages and missing genuine ones ploughing through them all.

Some of us DO read them in their entirety and respond accordingly. The problem is that I personally take time to read them, reply with well meaning emails, and these emails don't even get read, or if they do they most often get deleted without a simple 'no thanks'.

It's a vicious circle because then you end up not wanting to, or simply not having the time or energy to send well thought out replies because you lose faith in the site.

If a man (like me) takes the time to respond properly, the person receiving has a responsibility to reply, even it's a no thank you otherwise you (the women) are part of the problem.

Hopefully you see what I mean "

Amen! I am in a couple, but do have a single profile. I have only ever sent a handful of messages, and all have been to interesting looking profiles, with women who have a lot to say for and about themselves. Most women have replied, either in a positive way, or a polite thanks but not thanks with appreciation for the nice text, but the handful of simple deletes are annoying, and I could imagine this would get very annoying if I were in the single man game more often.

» Add a new message to this topic