FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > When is a message ....

When is a message ....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Unsolicited email" ?

I have been on Fab for about 3 years, in that time we have had several hundred emails from male members. As we get a lot we have kept a "list" of "possibles" a list of "Maybes" and finally a list of "not my type" .

Last Saturday we were going to a swingers club so I emailed about 20 guys from my "possible" and "Maybe" list and invited them along to the club for a "night of fun" .

I then get an email from Admin threatening to suspend my account if I did not respond with an explanation within 24 hours. I responded accordingley but have not heard back from them. Apparantly they "had recieved several complaints" from single guys who were offended that we had invited them along to a night in a swingers club.

What I dont understand is what is different from us sending a email message asking a guy or guys to meet us in a club to the hundreds of emails we get asking us to meet in their home/office/hotel suite or doggy park?

Should I now report every email me get to admin for being a "Unsolicited email" because I cannot see the difference.

It staggers me that a single guy(s) would report us to admin for actully inviting them for a night of sex.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

How very bizarre! Did any reply positively though? Z

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

Point 1:

sometimes people are just fucking wierd.

Point 2:

Dont forget point 1.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maybe they thought you worked in the said club and were touting for business? Who knows, only the person/s who took offence and reported you could tell you, although when you were reported I’d imagine admin would only have asked for an explanation after seeing you had mailed 20 different men inviting them along to a club on the same night, more making sure nothing untoward was happening if anything.

Yes , about 10 replied, 5 "definates" who would see me there.

None turned up.

Take your point , but what if I was into "gang bangs" and wanted to invite 20 men along ?

Would I get suspended for unsolicited emails or just for being too slutty?

Men complaining about getting messages! Are they mad!

"Take your point , but what if I was into "gang bangs" and wanted to invite 20 men along ?

Would I get suspended for unsolicited emails or just for being too slutty?"

No, would imagine they would do the same thing, admin checking everything was all above board, after all i'm sure people have been duped into doing similar things in the past, 20 men attending a swingers club is pay day after all, feel sorry for what happened but on the other hand its good to see admin looking out for members of the site and checking everythings above board.

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

To the OP,

I can see where you're coming from - its a gesture as an open initation to the individual(s) you've invited.. however... from their perspective. I'll use myself as an example:

I've had my eye on a couple/single female for some time. We've winked, emailed, maybe even chatted in the chatroom or on the phone. I can accomodate, I can travel, and even though we get on and she says she's interested to meet but for some reason she hasn't been swayed to pencil a date. I don't push it, I let her take her time.

Finally she decides she's ready to meet, but can only do so at some club that, like most clubs, charge over the odds for single guys to get in whilst she gets in for free.

You can see where I'm coming from? Lets make matters worse The she's a regular at the venue and is friends with the owners/management Now I don't know if this is your situation, but you can see how it comes across.

Just a thought.

"Would I get suspended for unsolicited emails or just for being too slutty?"

I do not believe one can be suspended for being too slutty on FAB. Otherwise, a lot of people would be suspended a long time ago!

The problem with some single guys ( not all ) if you reject them once then they will not give up as we had a few problems with a cpl of guys but they took the hump just because we reply back thnxs but no thnxs and the abuse we got back.

It seems some will take the hump if you don't meet with them or like your case you just wanted to send them a invite but yet they will moan that either couples or single females will not entertain them.... just cannot win lol

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 08/06/10 19:38:24]

"Yes , about 10 replied, 5 "definates" who would see me there.

None turned up. "

you do look rather stunning,can't believe none turned up,most curtanly there loss

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I would say Admin were looking after all our interests and doing their best to keep spammers away from the site.

As others have said, maybe the people who reported you thought you worked for the club and were recruiting members by spamming.

You surely must be able to understand that if people complain Admin have to investigate it....we all say it often enough that people should report anything untoward, there would be lots of complaints if Admin didn't do anything after investigating

By *eppersCouple  over a year ago

telford

yes buy would admin then reply back to her, we had our profile txt removed the other day, we were in breach of some site rule, so i asked the question which site rule where we in breach of? that was 4days ago and still awaiting a reply.

I can clearly see the points that other site members are making, i suppose its in the way we word things, people interpret messages in different ways.

Forum Mod

Were you naming and shaming on your profile?

that could be one of the reasons the text was removed x

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"Were you naming and shaming on your profile?

that could be one of the reasons the text was removed x"

Is naming and shaming not allowed then "Quick Draw McGraw Honey" ?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

" yes buy would admin then reply back to her, we had our profile txt removed the other day, we were in breach of some site rule, so i asked the question which site rule where we in breach of? that was 4days ago and still awaiting a reply.

I can clearly see the points that other site members are making, i suppose its in the way we word things, people interpret messages in different ways."

I don't know why Admin havn't replied yet, but I do know they get hundreds of mails a day, so sometimes I am guessing they don't have time to answer as quick as people would like.

telford

argh yes thats probably it even though it was 4 months ago, any way the pillock derserved it lol, there becomes a point in everyones life that we get sick and tired of repeating ourselves to single guys, then he gets abusive coz we wont meet him, but our profile clearly states that we dont meet strasight guys.

Forum Mod

"Were you naming and shaming on your profile?

that could be one of the reasons the text was removed x

Is naming and shaming not allowed then "Quick Draw McGraw Honey" ? "

Nooooooo naming and shaming ain't allowed round these parts *reaches for her honey gun*

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"argh yes thats probably it even though it was 4 months ago, any way the pillock derserved it lol, there becomes a point in everyones life that we get sick and tired of repeating ourselves to single guys, then he gets abusive coz we wont meet him, but our profile clearly states that we dont meet strasight guys."

Ah, the trick is, stay calm and ignore.........then the old blood pressure doesn't rise

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

None turned up. "

Why am I not surprised! There are genuine single guys for sure but there are loads who just don't want to meet! It's very bizarre! Z

By *pikerubyCouple  over a year ago

bournemouth

on the same note, we can have quite a long message converstation, and again on MSN, but moment mention meeting for real, the communication stops.

to quote post 2, people are strange! lol

To the OP, maybe they saw how many duplicate message you sent, following one complaint, and required an explanation... still a bit strange tho!

telford

we have met some fabulous single guys off here, but would love to meet more couples,we have learned the hard way how to spot the fakers,but even now 3yrs on we still get caught out occasionally.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

None turned up. "

Please imagine a "head banging against brick wall" smiley here.

Thanks

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"

Point 1:

sometimes people are just fucking wierd.

Point 2:

Dont forget point 1."

lol... that brought a smile to my face

» Add a new message to this topic