FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > How long should you give someone to reply

How long should you give someone to reply

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey all,

I know this can be a very busy site (especially for ladies) what with e-mail etc and i can totally appreciate this

However, how long would you wait on a reply from a sent message? (bearing in mind the message has still not been read by the person(s) you sent it too)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

as long as it takes, if of course you do get a reply.

What other options do we have really?. just wondering.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"Hey all,

I know this can be a very busy site (especially for ladies) what with e-mail etc and i can totally appreciate this

However, how long would you wait on a reply from a sent message? (bearing in mind the message has still not been read by the person(s) you sent it too)"

How can they reply to a message that they haven't even read though?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Well I have just spent an hour answering mails from 5 days ago..........later I am going to answer the ones from 4 days ago.

Is there any rush on your part?

As much time as you are happy to wait - there's no hard and fast rules, no right or wrong answer

Forum Mod

0.0000000006 nano seconds and if they hav'nt read it then send them another to remind them they have a message to read and then reply to

JOKE!! there is no time limit,you could be waiting forever or a couple of minutes,don't let it stress you out though

Empty the contents of you're sent items folder, It's you're inbox thats the all important one

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"Hey all,

However, how long would you wait on a reply from a sent message? (bearing in mind the message has still not been read by the person(s) you sent it too)"

If it's not been read it can't be replied to! Z

By *haven767Man  over a year ago

plymouth

"Hey all,

However, how long would you wait on a reply from a sent message? (bearing in mind the message has still not been read by the person(s) you sent it too)

If it's not been read it can't be replied to! Z"

I am waiting for a reply and its not been read for 5 days they will you know when they don't as it will just get deleted

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

It depends.. if she wants to reply, she';ll do it in her own sweet time.. be it a minute, be it a year.

If she doesn't want to... you'll be waiting along time (and if it gets deleted without reply, thats a hint for you )

"Hey all,

If it's not been read it can't be replied to! Z

I am waiting for a reply and its not been read for 5 days they will you know when they don't as it will just get deleted "

Lifes to short to be waiting for people to read and reply to emails

7 minutes apparently- just got told I was rude for leaving and not saying goodbye- I didn't actually log out, and only took my poor sick dog out to the toilet!

"0.0000000006 nano seconds and if they hav'nt read it then send them another to remind them they have a message to read and then reply to"

Oh I do so hate that - "did you get my message?" Erm, has it been read yet?

"Are you reading your messages?"

Not now :o)

Be paitient and persistant. Give it about a week, then sned another. I find that ladies especially get so many, that if they haven't been on for a day or two, well they naturally start at the top, and of course as soon as something catches their eye, those before often get over looked.

Whilst some will faithfully plough thru them all, many just don't.

Also in your message ask them to dlete if definatley not interested, or leave as just read if possible, they will get in touch if they like! That way it is easier for them to get thru their messages, and some do get 100 plus a day.

Also don't forget holiday season often affects those with kids, imagaine being away over half term, coming back to 700+ messages - bet you would not bother with them all.

Hope it helps

By *udereMan  over a year ago

haringey

once you send a message , forget it just keep track of who you have messaged so you dont message them again cos multiple messages will turn em off you quicker than anything!, and if they want to reciprocate they will when they are ready just keep living in the meantime

Forum Mod

"once you send a message , forget it just keep track of who you have messaged so you dont message them again cos multiple messages will turn em off you quicker than anything!, and if they want to reciprocate they will when they are ready just keep living in the meantime "

This is really good advice

there is nothing worse than the person claiming you were the most gorgeous being on the planet forgetting that he messaged you the week before with the same message and you had already replied

haringey

"once you send a message , forget it just keep track of who you have messaged so you dont message them again cos multiple messages will turn em off you quicker than anything!, and if they want to reciprocate they will when they are ready just keep living in the meantime

there is nothing worse than the person claiming you were the most gorgeous being on the planet forgetting that he messaged you the week before with the same message and you had already replied "

Cheers

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

we had one guy the other day chase us for a reply within 4 minutes of sending his first message - we advised him politely that he was far to pushy for us!

"once you send a message , forget it just keep track of who you have messaged so you dont message them again cos multiple messages will turn em off you quicker than anything!, and if they want to reciprocate they will when they are ready just keep living in the meantime

there is nothing worse than the person claiming you were the most gorgeous being on the planet forgetting that he messaged you the week before with the same message and you had already replied

Cheers "

Lol, I have had one guy send me exactly the same message eight times, usually at 10 day intervals. I have faithfully replied every time, thank you but not thank you. Last but one time I told him reply was same as other six please do not send again so he sent me an 8th exactly the same. Spose will have to block him, hate doing that.

at least a cpl of days

we have a bad habit of checking ours on our mobiles and meaning to reply when we get home but forgeting

amazing the bitchy emails we get after 1 hour of not replying

Cheers Lol, I have had one guy send me exactly the same message eight times, usually at 10 day intervals. I have faithfully replied every time, thank you but not thank you. Last but one time I told him reply was same as other six please do not send again so he sent me an 8th exactly the same. Spose will have to block him, hate doing that."

I think after THAT many Thanks but not thanks replies... even I would block lol

haringey

Cheers Lol, I have had one guy send me exactly the same message eight times, usually at 10 day intervals. I have faithfully replied every time, thank you but not thank you. Last but one time I told him reply was same as other six please do not send again so he sent me an 8th exactly the same. Spose will have to block him, hate doing that.

I think after THAT many Thanks but not thanks replies... even I would block lol"

Def time for the block methinks lol

[Removed by poster at 09/06/10 00:48:12]

"Well I have just spent an hour answering mails from 5 days ago..........later I am going to answer the ones from 4 days ago.

Is there any rush on your part?"

There is no rush no and obviously if the message is still unread then there is still a chance they could reply, however with the amount of messages ladies get on this after a week your message could become 100th on their inbox list and therefore would you expect a reply in this situation

By *ichNjudyCouple  over a year ago

stoke on trent

The longest we've gone from sending a message - to actually getting a response was 7 months.

The response was basically 'hi, sorry it took us a while to get back to you, are you still interested in meeting us'

We met, became friends, and have met many times since

So guess from that there is no hard and fast rule

We ourselves sometimes take several days to answer messages on occasion, it just depends how busy we are with life and everything. Other times we can be instant.

xx

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Well I have just spent an hour answering mails from 5 days ago..........later I am going to answer the ones from 4 days ago.

Is there any rush on your part?

There is no rush no and obviously if the message is still unread then there is still a chance they could reply, however with the amount of messages ladies get on this after a week your message could become 100th on their inbox list and therefore would you expect a reply in this situation"

I don't know how anyone else works , but we answer from the bottom up

"Hey all,

As long as it takes! Pestering gets annoying and from my point of view i block if someone gets persistent.

» Add a new message to this topic