FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Ignorance, misunderstanding or laziness?

Ignorance, misunderstanding or laziness?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you find people ignore profile criteria and still contact you?

What I mean is if it says straight and a bi guy contacts you and your profile says straight. Or your profile says no married men and the married ones still make first contact.

Also people who are well out side your age ranges or I have seen preferences for black men only or no black men yet they still message you.

Do you find people respect what you tick or put on your profile? Or do they message you anyway ignoring what you have put?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aravancoupleMan  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

Yes all the time.

Carol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes Yes Yes to all the questions lol

Welcome to swinging lol.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

people will always push their luck hoping that they are the exception to the rule

By *undebigaryMan  over a year ago

dundee

"Do you find people ignore profile criteria and still contact you?

What I mean is if it says straight and a bi guy contacts you and your profile says straight. Or your profile says no married men and the married ones still make first contact.

Also people who are well out side your age ranges or I have seen preferences for black men only or no black men yet they still message you.

Do you find people respect what you tick or put on your profile? Or do they message you anyway ignoring what you have put?

"

Yeh an when they do i just delete them,cos if they cant even be botherd to read your profile then there isnt any onus on me to message them back.

"people will always push their luck hoping that they are the exception to the rule"

Thats true,ive got on my profile that i cant meet for the next couple of months and still get emails saying can i meet you tonight/today.

"

of course they do...and always will and sometimes folk will meet them to.

no hard and fast rules, just a wish list really

Forum Mod

All the time but lots say they can't justify sending a wink and want to send a message too

There are so many profiles professing to be 'straight' albiet male or female it's hard to judge!

Personally, I find it flattering 90% of the time if a fellow user has contacted me, as my profile states I'll always reply.

The fact that someone has read my profile and emailed me or sent a wink irrespective of their sexual orientation in my eyes deserves a reply.

Blocking purely because you don't like their profile etc. Is beyond me.

My two pennies.

Paddy

Some people are chancers and think what the hell and message you anyway. Some see it as being cheeky and some as rude. I do wish though people did read and take more notice at times.

[Removed by poster at 03/08/10 20:30:33]

[Removed by poster at 03/08/10 20:30:48]

I don't mind if we are messaged by someone who does not fit our criteria (and states it in our profile), providing it is a respectful message and not a 'fancy a shag'. We have had a few messages where they say "i know you are not after this...blah blah blah... but if you ever change your mind..." These we don't mind as much as they are just trying their luck and no harm done

By *yber pimpMan  over a year ago

durham area

"

correct me if im wrong here please

but surely only those that do not respect your designated preferences contact you and those that do will not, therefore the answer has got to be yes

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"I don't mind if we are messaged by someone who does not fit our criteria (and states it in our profile), providing it is a respectful message and not a 'fancy a shag'. We have had a few messages where they say "i know you are not after this...blah blah blah... but if you ever change your mind..." These we don't mind as much as they are just trying their luck and no harm done "

Good news!!!!!!

Well, I never mail anyone who's guideleines I don't meet, strangely I don't mail many and even stranger I don't get many replies lol lol

we always respect criteria,although we have had messages from couples where we dont fit their criteria and they say they do make exceptions,so in the last few months,if we see a profile we like we message and ask if there is any chance they would meet,we dont mind a polite no thankyou at least we can say we tried

"I don't mind if we are messaged by someone who does not fit our criteria (and states it in our profile), providing it is a respectful message and not a 'fancy a shag'. We have had a few messages where they say "i know you are not after this...blah blah blah... but if you ever change your mind..." These we don't mind as much as they are just trying their luck and no harm done

Good news!!!!!! "

HaHa...;-)

We usually respect profile criteria, but we have once messaged a couple who preferred people their own age as they were late 40's early 50's, after a few messages we met and had a great night as a foursome. Who we now keep in contact with. So it seems, if you don't ask you don't get. Always love a trier :P

17 mails today either from single males or couples who "won't meet smokers" or whose age limit I am up to 20 years over.

Additional around 40 winks today from people the same and about 5 friends invites

My block list takes around 6 minutes to load

Why, mostly can't be bothered reading profiles, partly read it but they are chancers who think if they send enough mails/winks/friends invites they will get a result and finally those who don't care what you want this is about what they want

By *arlot ScarlettWoman  over a year ago

Bolton

My profile is quite clear - I delete most messages but don't bother blocking any more as it's usually quite clear why I didn't respond in the first place! I get 2 messages a minute when I'm on line so have to be quite brutal!

"17 mails today either from single males or couples who "won't meet smokers" or whose age limit I am up to 20 years over.

Additional around 40 winks today from people the same and about 5 friends invites

My block list takes around 6 minutes to load

Why, mostly can't be bothered reading profiles, partly read it but they are chancers who think if they send enough mails/winks/friends invites they will get a result and finally those who don't care what you want this is about what they want "

we wish we had this much interest lol

Alas there are so many who think they will be more successful by mailing as many as possible. Sadly they are that busy sending a generic pasted message they fail to read the profile of who they are mess ageing. Some don't even look at your pictures. I did smile upon getting a message asking if i had ever tried a black man and would i like the skin colour contrast.

By *arlot ScarlettWoman  over a year ago

Bolton

"Alas there are so many who think they will be more successful by mailing as many as possible. Sadly they are that busy sending a generic pasted message they fail to read the profile of who they are mess ageing. Some don't even look at your pictures. I did smile upon getting a message asking if i had ever tried a black man and would i like the skin colour contrast. "

lol - i had one the other morning saying he hoped i was having a nice evening!

Had a case recently where a couple lectured me for not reading their profile. But I swear what they said I hadn't read actually wasn't in their profile.

I'd be delighted if anyone contacted me, whether or not they'd read my profile... Awwwwwww

None of them, idiots i think

"Alas there are so many who think they will be more successful by mailing as many as possible. Sadly they are that busy sending a generic pasted message they fail to read the profile of who they are mess ageing. Some don't even look at your pictures. I did smile upon getting a message asking if i had ever tried a black man and would i like the skin colour contrast.

lol - i had one the other morning saying he hoped i was having a nice evening! "

Lol...up there with the guy who contacted me saying he would like to see me in a corset, fishnets and heals! His profile read "sorry bbws don't do it for me"!

Shame, I was looking forward to squeezing my frame into a corset!

actual mails we get each day that are from people in our criteria or whose criteria we match

about 2 per week - amount that come back to us once we agree an interest about 1 every 3 months

"actual mails we get each day that are from people in our criteria or whose criteria we match

about 2 per week - amount that come back to us once we agree an interest about 1 every 3 months"

same as us then lol

"Well, I never mail anyone who's guideleines I don't meet, strangely I don't mail many and even stranger I don't get many replies lol lol"

Dunno why as you've a lovely ass

we get about one message a week from people we dont already talk to so we rarely just ignore people unless its the calssic "hey i live near you fancy a meet"

I dont get loads of e mails or winks or bi guys ! and im on here as a single lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I meet on average one new guy every six months.

Had a classic message today from a couples profile.

Hi kim would you like to meet ME for a drink.

So i messaged back and said message kim yourself instead of going through me and maybe she will meet YOU and your partner for a drink

» Add a new message to this topic