FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Flattery

Flattery

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Curious to know if flattery is a good part of flirting, helping cement an interest in a prospective partner or is it superficial charm, easily seen through? In other words, does it turn you on to a person or turn you off them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Curious to know if flattery is a good part of flirting, helping cement an interest in a prospective partner or is it superficial charm, easily seen through? In other words, does it turn you on to a person or turn you off them?"

fake flattery turns me right off! Also it embarrasses me

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Flattery gets you everywhere with me

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Depends what the flattery is. If it's along the lines of 'oh stevie, your cock is my god' then I think 'hmmmm maybe but not totally convinced'

It can some times come across as bullshit too depends who's supplying it

By *umpleteazerWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

"Curious to know if flattery is a good part of flirting, helping cement an interest in a prospective partner or is it superficial charm, easily seen through? In other words, does it turn you on to a person or turn you off them?

fake flattery turns me right off! Also it embarrasses me "

Me too

By *erotic_adventureMan  over a year ago

Scotland & London

Sincerity is key.

"Curious to know if flattery is a good part of flirting, helping cement an interest in a prospective partner or is it superficial charm, easily seen through? In other words, does it turn you on to a person or turn you off them?

Me too"

How do you know it's fake flattery though?

I naturally love to compliment I do this in person as much as in messaging on here and it is always meant some women handle a compliment better than others

[Removed by poster at 25/11/14 17:39:39]

I guess it depends if the compliment and the person pass the believability test. I don't give or accept compliments that I don't believe to be true. Bullshit stinks enough to smell it even in the virtual world

I think it helps as long it's done in the right kinda way

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Sincerity is key. "

Yup, a sincere compliment is always welcome, but when 'they flatter to deceive' well it's a turn off for me.

I like flattery but want to feel its sincere. Hate it when i get messages saying you're gorgeous and they've not even seen a pic yet!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Me too

How do you know it's fake flattery though?"

I'm realistic enough to know that when people say things like "you look like a woman in her twenties" that its fake . That's an extreme example but if you're fairly grounded its easy to spot the fake compliments

Being nice is cool,giving a compliment is too

But unbelievable over the top,tongue way up my arse flattery is sometimes a bit hard to take

"Curious to know if flattery is a good part of flirting, helping cement an interest in a prospective partner or is it superficial charm, easily seen through? In other words, does it turn you on to a person or turn you off them?"

Depends if my purple prose as is genuine it's nice. However generic flattery always comes off fake same with overly sexual flattery

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Sincerity is key.

Yup, a sincere compliment is always welcome, but when 'they flatter to deceive' well it's a turn off for me.

"

I sincerely think you have lovely legs

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Sincerity is key.

I sincerely think you have lovely legs "

Haha, and I sincerely thank you!

"Being nice is cool,giving a compliment is too

But unbelievable over the top,tongue way up my arse flattery is sometimes a bit hard to take "

You don't like a tongue up the arse then?

"Being nice is cool,giving a compliment is too

But unbelievable over the top,tongue way up my arse flattery is sometimes a bit hard to take

You don't like a tongue up the arse then? "

Yes.....not from men who behave embarrassingly desparate on here though

"Sincerity is key.

"

"

Yes.....not from men who behave embarrassingly desparate on here though "

How about just embarrassing?

Have to say on here most of it goes in one ear and out the other as its mainly bs

"Have to say on here most of it goes in one ear and out the other as its mainly bs "
or over the top

I like understated flattery. I got a lovely text from a lady following a meet saying thank you for a lovely evening p.s. you have a scrummy cock!

I was grinning like an idiot all week!

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Flattery is always welcome.

EVen from platonic friendships flattery is always welcome.

Even from complete strangers on a swinging website, flattery is always welcome.

HINT hint..

lol

Only someone with such a distinctive black sillouette of an avatar as yourself could have asked such an erudite and perceptive question as that

when I first meet someone I quite like it if they say I look nice, I think I can tell if they are just saying it to be nice though. also I take more notice if they are attractive themselves.

Only someone with such a distinctive black sillouette of an avatar as yourself could have asked such an erudite and perceptive question as that "

Excuse me?

HINT hint..

lol

"

Sure an extremely attractive and sexy couple like you two wouldn't be taken in by simple flattery, especially given how you are clearly an intelligent couple from your profile

Hint taken!

Only someone with such a distinctive black sillouette of an avatar as yourself could have asked such an erudite and perceptive question as that "

Was lost on me! I'm not used to flattery, you see! Matt

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Congruence kind of comes into play here for us.

By *rafty98Man  over a year ago

herts

I think if you have been speaking to someone for a while and its not too cheesy then that's fine otherwise it will come across and insincere and cringe worthy.

Only someone with such a distinctive black sillouette of an avatar as yourself could have asked such an erudite and perceptive question as that

Was lost on me! I'm not used to flattery, you see! Matt "

lol glad you got the joke in the end... thought I was gonna get a black eye for a second then

By *mandaboundTV/TS  over a year ago

Newton Le Willows

If it's realistic and not forced then does help people ingratiate themselves with me

"Sincerity is key. "

spot on

Was lost on me! I'm not used to flattery, you see! Matt

lol glad you got the joke in the end... thought I was gonna get a black eye for a second then "

Been beaten black and blue on the forums before... as you can see

"Have to say on here most of it goes in one ear and out the other as its mainly bs or over the top "
yes some women enjoy a compliment and some don't I naturally enjoy complimenting and genuinely mean it but some may see it as being fake I do not

Nowt worse than getting up with bed head in a morning and a massive zit on ya face go on cam I'm chat and guys saying omg your so gorgeous blar boar go spec savers ffs .... Turn off call me a dirty slut more chance of getting a shag lol

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

HINT hint..

lol

Sure an extremely attractive and sexy couple like you two wouldn't be taken in by simple flattery, especially given how you are clearly an intelligent couple from your profile

Hint taken! "

Very clever.

» Add a new message to this topic