FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Blocked

Blocked

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I understand that some people on here may not want any further contact you because you're not their type, but why not just tell them so they can put a note on that profile saying no further contact or something?

There's no need to block. There's especially no need to do it without exposing to that person why they are being blocked.

What's worse, is those who block for no reason whatsoever. I've lost count of the amount of perfectly polite chats I've been having, over the course of a few days, which suddenly end with me being blocked. WTF!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

For whatever reasons people wanted to block you, they don't have to justify why.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It makes no difference if someone blocks me, They obviously don't want to meet me for whatever reason so I don't worry about it and move on

[Removed by poster at 22/04/15 22:46:55]

There is usually a reason

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I've lost count of the amount of perfectly polite chats I've been having, over the course of a few days, which suddenly end with me being blocked."

What are you saying to them?!

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

"I understand that some people on here may not want any further contact you because you're not their type, but why not just tell them so they can put a note on that profile saying no further contact or something?

There's no need to block. There's especially no need to do it without exposing to that person why they are being blocked.

What's worse, is those who block for no reason whatsoever. I've lost count of the amount of perfectly polite chats I've been having, over the course of a few days, which suddenly end with me being blocked. WTF!"

why do they need a reason?, the block button is a tool not a weapon.

"I've lost count of the amount of perfectly polite chats I've been having, over the course of a few days, which suddenly end with me being blocked.

What are you saying to them?! "

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

"I understand that some people on here may not want any further contact you because you're not their type, but why not just tell them so they can put a note on that profile saying no further contact or something?

What's worse, is those who block for no reason whatsoever. I've lost count of the amount of perfectly polite chats I've been having, over the course of a few days, which suddenly end with me being blocked. WTF!"

contemplate the possibility that you must be a bit too pushy if they block you...

You've lost count of the times this has happened suggests that it really is something that you are doing.

When I receive a message and they just aren't for me, I block them. Just so I don't receive any more messages from them. There's far too many guys that keep sending me messages over and over.

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

We just got blocked due to not replying. Been at work and only just got on here to reply but we wouldn't have as they were not for us and we have a lot of messages to get through. Don't worry about it is what we'd say and don't expect anything from any message sent whether it's a subsequent or not. Blocking is everyones right here at any point without explanation.

What's worse, is those who block for no reason whatsoever. I've lost count of the amount of perfectly polite chats I've been having, over the course of a few days, which suddenly end with me being blocked. WTF!

why do they need a reason?, the block button is a tool not a weapon."

I know this is the internet we're talking about but please, tell me good manners still exist, even on fab.

By *isexmistressWoman  over a year ago

Prestwich

"When I receive a message and they just aren't for me, I block them. Just so I don't receive any more messages from them. There's far too many guys that keep sending me messages over and over."

What's worse, is those who block for no reason whatsoever. I've lost count of the amount of perfectly polite chats I've been having, over the course of a few days, which suddenly end with me being blocked. WTF!contemplate the possibility that you must be a bit too pushy if they block you...

You've lost count of the times this has happened suggests that it really is something that you are doing."

That's way off. Here's an example.

About 4 weeks ago, I made contact with a local-ish girl, and we exchanged about 3 messages each, along the lines of "hey beautiful, I may not be your type but do you still wanna chat". That sort of thing.

This carried on for the rest of our exchange. Our last messages were something like (her) " That's nice of you to say, sweetie. Don't let those rejections put you off"

(Me) "I won't. So, I bet you've received lots of messages"

And that's it. I typed another message, but when I clicked to send, I found I'd been blocked.

Is there a single letter of offence in anything I said?

By *andi_shopWoman  over a year ago

rotherham

"When I receive a message and they just aren't for me, I block them. Just so I don't receive any more messages from them. There's far too many guys that keep sending me messages over and over.

"

Easiest to block. I had the same generic message from the same guy 3 times over the course of the day and it was clear that he didn't realise he had already sent it

What's worse, is those who block for no reason whatsoever. I've lost count of the amount of perfectly polite chats I've been having, over the course of a few days, which suddenly end with me being blocked. WTF!contemplate the possibility that you must be a bit too pushy if they block you...

You've lost count of the times this has happened suggests that it really is something that you are doing.

About 4 weeks ago, I made contact with a local-ish girl, and we exchanged about 3 messages each, along the lines of "hey beautiful, I may not be your type but do you still wanna chat". That sort of thing.

This carried on for the rest of our exchange. Our last messages were something like (her) " That's nice of you to say, sweetie. Don't let those rejections put you off"

And that's it. I typed another message, but when I clicked to send, I found I'd been blocked.

Is there a single letter of offence in anything I said?"

You showed defeat straight away. Insta block usually. I'm surprised you even got the first message.

It is plain to see she said thanks but no thanks and saving her time energy and effort chatting to suitable people ffs get over it!

By *onyneMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

She probably just didn't want to continue to chat in a small talk type way [and I don't mean that as negative in using the term] and decided to stop communication. It was probably no more than that.

Loads of people on here presumably don't even have time to chat regularly with even those they would like to meet at some point

There is no point taking it personally. There is no suggestion you did anything terribly wrong, it's just that everyone is different here.

dover

Did you speak to her on the phone?

why do they need a reason?, the block button is a tool not a weapon."

This is gold

Not everyone uses notes, I don't.

From learning experiences I found block is best option, as every few weeks I was saying no thanks to same guys, who either hoping I changed what I'm attracted to, or more likely, they don't use notes either and forgot they'd messaged before.

Why are you so bothered about someone that doesn't want to meet you, blocking you

Maybe she got bored of pleasantries

Maybe she got bored of pleasantries "

I hope you see my point though.

Did you speak to her on the phone?"

Never had any phone conversations with any women on fab.

no,dont see your point at all...not if you start messages by saying you may not be their type...if you think you arent their type,why message them?

She probably just didn't want to continue to chat in a small talk type way [and I don't mean that as negative in using the term] and decided to stop communication. It was probably no more than that.

Loads of people on here presumably don't even have time to chat regularly with even those they would like to meet at some point

There is no point taking it personally. There is no suggestion you did anything terribly wrong, it's just that everyone is different here. "

It just seemed to happen mid conversation.

If there was an issue with idle chit chat, I could have been told.

"When I receive a message and they just aren't for me, I block them. Just so I don't receive any more messages from them. There's far too many guys that keep sending me messages over and over.

Easiest to block. I had the same generic message from the same guy 3 times over the course of the day and it was clear that he didn't realise he had already sent it "

I've taken to this type of idle chit chat simply because when I've contacted women before, I've gotten nowhere.

Ive used two approaches, the first is a long the lines of "hello you sexy bitch, get those knickers off and I'll come and fuck you" lol

The second approach is me being too honest about myself and experiences, extremely polite and gentlemanly.

Both ways are apparently wrong, so I've been told by others.

Which leaves me where, exactly?

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

fact is you knew you were not what she was after and messaged her anyway a single female on here can have an inbox of thousands of messages in days. Why waste time with idle pointless pleasantry with someone she has no interest in ?

this site can be an overwhelming chore for most singles without the above added in

maybe add to your profile so they can see a bit more about you than cock pics!

lots of women will read a profile before the message...

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"

Which leaves me where, exactly?"

It leaves you a single guy on a site where there are several hundred single guys to every available female

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

I wouldn't worry about it, try not to think about it.

EVERYONE on this site has been rejected, turned down, ignored, fallen outside someone's age range (either side), and blocked. EVERYONE. So you are not alone, single men aren't alone, it happens to all of us.

So you messaged someone who you knew wasn't looking for someone like you and wouldn't take no for an answer?

Cannot understand why people get upset when they send a message and get blocked. You was obviously never ever going to meet them. So why worry ?

People simply don't have time to chat away politely to people they don't wish to meet.

Imagine that you have 10 people chatting to you everytime you log into fab, and all of it inane, 9 senders are not what you seek, 1 is...do you keep up the other 9 conversations that will lead nowhere, or concentrate on the 1 you hope will?

Politeness is existent here, but time is a commodity, and the block button saves further pointless exchanges asking why and abuse because of rejection. Learn this and your time on fab will be much more pleasant.

[Removed by poster at 23/04/15 04:43:45]

No offence but if everyone does that it get's annoying and to be honest you hadn't got the message of no interest that someone was being polite in replying to begin with. So you've answered your own question as to why people use the block function in this circumstance. Not to be nasty, but just end it.

Worry about the people who want to know you, instead of those that don't.

I don't mean that to sound harsh.

With all due respect. You need to grow up , rejection is a part of life. No man can shag every girl he wants , the sooner you realize that . The better off you will be. Here is an idea. Don't message anyone. If they want you , they will find you

It's hard for guys to get why it happens until you get to see a females profile. I used to see one on here and she always telling me about the hassles.

As a way to prove it she created a new profile. All it had was the basics. No pics and a short "Get in touch" in the listing. Within an hour she had about 100 emails. Some even said love your pics......There wasn't any!

Men can be like dogs on heat and don't understand a NO THANKS so for the women it's easier just to block. It may not be anything you did, but the 100s that mailed her before you. I don't send out mail very often as I see no point in it. I know I'm just 1 in 100s they get. If they see my profile and mail me I will always reply.

I find being on the forums and taking part in conversations on them gets you noticed more and they get a sense of who you are by how to respond.

By *estLondonGuy49Man  over a year ago

Harrow Ealing Northolt Uxbridge London

Easiest to block. I had the same generic message from the same guy 3 times over the course of the day and it was clear that he didn't realise he had already sent it

I've taken to this type of idle chit chat simply because when I've contacted women before, I've gotten nowhere.

Ive used two approaches, the first is a long the lines of "hello you sexy bitch, get those knickers off and I'll come and fuck you" lol

The second approach is me being too honest about myself and experiences, extremely polite and gentlemanly.

Which leaves me where, exactly?"

If you have to be told, you dont get this sites ethos. The first approach will offend 95% of the women on here. The second makes you sound like a loser who wants a social chat because they are Billy No-

Mates. Would you approach a woman in a bar in either way? Be polite and concentrate on women who match your interests. No life histories or one liners either. Relate to their ad. And be prepared to be blocked if you get a bit boring or demanding. She may be having 3-4 simultaneous online chats.

"I wouldn't worry about it, try not to think about it.

EVERYONE on this site has been rejected, turned down, ignored, fallen outside someone's age range (either side), and blocked. EVERYONE. So you are not alone, single men aren't alone, it happens to all of us. "

If you message someone and the conversation goes nowhere then it's simply the end of it. No reason or apologies are required, it's not a relationship.

I couldn't care less who has blocked me, I'm not interested in an explanation.

So you messaged someone who you knew wasn't looking for someone like you and wouldn't take no for an answer? "

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

Many people don't bother adding private notes.

Last night I blocked a couple who I've already told numerous times that I'm not interested, and any meets would be with Mr alone if he was.

They just kept messaging asking to meet us both. Mr isn't interested in them so I told them why I was blocking them and hit the button.

They obviously couldn't be bothered using notes.

"I wouldn't worry about it, try not to think about it.

EVERYONE on this site has been rejected, turned down, ignored, fallen outside someone's age range (either side), and blocked. EVERYONE. So you are not alone, single men aren't alone, it happens to all of us. "

Exactly!

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I block every profile I'm not interested in and every profile that I determine is not interested in me x why have your searches clogged with fake profiles or people you will never be meeting x i ask to be blocked on my first message if the person behind the profile has no interest in chatting xx

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Blocking is easier than writing a note and I don't particularly fancy writing "this person blocked me cos she thought I was a total wanker with a body that makes a dead slug look exciting"

I think I'll stick to blocking and like Mary Poppins, I never explain anything.

Am I right in thinking that private notes are only available to site supporters? I think I read that somewhere

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Writing this:....." "hey beautiful, I may not be your type but do you still wanna chat"......would not only make me block but also think unpleasant thoughts about the person who read my profile but basically chose to ignore it thinking oh so arrogantly that they were in with a chance. Which they are, of course: no chance.

I think the block button is a fantastic feature of this site. My block list is huge and everyone us there for a reason. MY reason! At times I have not blocked when I should of only to recrive the same cut and paste message ftom tge same desparate guys three times. So tgank you for this feature and yes I do expect to be blocked in return.

"Am I right in thinking that private notes are only available to site supporters? I think I read that somewhere"

Yes.

You were boring her. She wanted to find someone to fuck, not someone to waste time chatting to.

By *p4funCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

"When I receive a message and they just aren't for me, I block them. Just so I don't receive any more messages from them. There's far too many guys that keep sending me messages over and over."

By *amparaWoman  over a year ago

biggleswade

there is nothing wrong in blocking someone that's why it's there to be used don't take it personally wtf you have blocked me why have you blocked me how dare you!!!!!!

"Writing this:....." "hey beautiful, I may not be your type but do you still wanna chat"......would not only make me block but also think unpleasant thoughts about the person who read my profile but basically chose to ignore it thinking oh so arrogantly that they were in with a chance. Which they are, of course: no chance. "

Exactly this. Op drop the self deprecating crap, women don't want a pity shag. You have to be the best you can not 'poor me' your conversation was going no where, she did you a favour. If you're going to get so hung up over someone blocking you you're best to leave

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"People simply don't have time to chat away politely to people they don't wish to meet.

Imagine that you have 10 people chatting to you everytime you log into fab, and all of it inane, 9 senders are not what you seek, 1 is...do you keep up the other 9 conversations that will lead nowhere, or concentrate on the 1 you hope will?

Politeness is existent here, but time is a commodity, and the block button saves further pointless exchanges asking why and abuse because of rejection. Learn this and your time on fab will be much more pleasant."

By *estlands4Man  over a year ago

Sidmouth

How about a tick box to say why you've blocked them?

It is quite easy to block someone when reading messages on a small phone without realising it - I know I've done it and then realised it afterwards when I've thought why haven't they replied and gone to check their profile etc.

So how about you have some options of why you're blocking someone which could be fun, educational for the blocked person and to stop mistaken blocks.

How about not my type, bored, too local - any other suggestions?

Blocking is a useful tool, both ways. Surely if you've been blocked the blocker has saved you wasted effort, even if it's dented your self-esteem a bit.

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

The question you have to ask yourself if you get blocked is "What have I lost?"

The answer is absolutely nothing, why would you keep viewing profiles of someone who doesn't want to meet you? That could come across as creepy.

If you were chatting and they blocked you - then you have gained something in reality because you now know exactly where you stand - you won't get that felling of 'I was lead on' in the future when she eventually turns around and says she's not meeting.

People blok for all sorts of reasons, my main reason is because I see inane status updates all the time from the same people, they have no interest to me, so I block them to remove them from the 'Local Updates' newsfeed. I doubt they care, and nor would I if I hit a profile and found I was blocked…… "Oh, I am not for them, so I will move on" comes into my head.

Its pretty straight forward really

dover

Did you speak to her on the phone?

Never had any phone conversations with any women on fab."

In that case, those who blocked you could well have been men posing as women..there are a LOT of those sickos on the site...

Playing this game you need the ability to block people quite easily and simply think everyone needs to understand that and not take offence when it happens. I imagine the alternative would be loads of stalkers and unwanted messages that could turn nasty.

Although, I was blocked by a couple who couldn't find my house as it wasn't on google maps because it's new and said I was a fake etc. and there was no chance to reply to them!

"

How about not my type, bored, too local - any other suggestions? "

Creepy

Can't read

Rapey

If you are blocked as frequently as that makes it sound you probably need to look at your own part in that

If guys who aren't our type email us knowing they're not our type then we block, we don't want to chat, the other person thinking I'm in there with a shot! And then getting abusive when we say no thanks if they try their hand. We also block those that don't meet our want criteria, no point in having then come up on our search list if we know we won't meet them!

By *estlands4Man  over a year ago

Sidmouth

"

How about not my type, bored, too local - any other suggestions?

Creepy

Can't read

Rapey"

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

The fact you posted this topic, will probably get you blocked by people who you've never spoken to.

My point is, the fact you don't understand why you're getting blocked, especially seeing some of the drivel you've said you've posted to people, and that it obviously concerns you that you have been (this post), is enough to, and probably the main reason you are getting blocked.

D

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I'm always surprised people take the block as a personal slant on them, it's the Internet... It's not personal

Me too

By *rank EinsteinMan  over a year ago

Burton upon stather

I block everybody within ten miles on me so I never get blocked

"I'm always surprised people take the block as a personal slant on them, it's the Internet... It's not personal "

or a weapon just a useful function at times

By *ittlealexiWoman  over a year ago

swindon

I block all the time from messages. If the guy is not at all what I am looking for it's easier to block so I don't come across them again.

Guys need to stop crying over it. If you ignore they hassle you more. If you reply with a no I usually get a begging reply , no thanks easier to block and I wouldn't care if people block me after I message them.

It's just a website and a numbers game ultimately

Add people to your hotlist you would like to meet, Message them a few times and if they ignore you or block you then remove them of your list, It will save you and them a lot of hassle

I do the same!

Unless there not my type!

For the other side of the coin; if I message someone and they delete it without replying, then I block them as I assume they aren't interested in me. This is so that I know I wont message them or bother them again.

Of course, I maybe doing the wrong thing here, I haven't had any meets yet... :D

Either way, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move on. It really isn't worth worrying about.

By *epper123Woman  over a year ago

London

I do the same!

This is what I do to - just saves wasting time

Unless there not my type!

"

I block people on my friends list if they go silent on me, especially if ive messaged them and they dont reply and are online and read the message.

why do they need a reason?, the block button is a tool not a weapon.

I know this is the internet we're talking about but please, tell me good manners still exist, even on fab."

unfortunately manners seem to give people the impression that it is then ok to message you over and over as you obviously want them....

"I think the block button is a fantastic feature of this site. My block list is huge and everyone us there for a reason. MY reason! At times I have not blocked when I should of only to recrive the same cut and paste message ftom tge same desparate guys three times. So tgank you for this feature and yes I do expect to be blocked in return."

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

The block button is just another filter.

A permanent one.

A

We block profiles we have looked at that don't interest us.

We block profiles who have posted dumb ass forum posts that turn us off

We don't have silver membership so can't make private notes on profiles

3 very simple reasons right there

I block guys who have messeged me and who i dont want to meet, there is no way of me putting a note on their profile and blocking them is an easy way to stop them messeging me again

My approach too ...it saves being hassled.

"no,dont see your point at all...not if you start messages by saying you may not be their type...if you think you arent their type,why message them?"

The example you gave op suggests to me she wasn't at all interested, she politely thanked you for the compliment you gave then blocked when you attempted to initiate a conversation based on it. She's done nowt wrong as far as I can see.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

My first thought was the content of her message was "rejection" and your reply was, bet you've receive lots of messages (following the content of rejection), just a thought.

"...I may not be your type but do you still wanna chat"

actually OP - that sentence alone would have got a no response ad block from a lot of people so you actually did quite well to change three messages

also her comment about not letting the rejections get implies you were whining possibly?

Oh what a f*cking liberty, a complete stranger you will never meet has had the audacity to cease communication with you!! They're not interested, it happens, move on.

I frequently block people I know I'm not interested in, it's not supposed to be an insult. They don't have to have been rude to me, sometimes it's just easier.

but but but......... OP you might forget I said no and then blow me down you send me another ruddy email and I've already said fucking no no no. So OK so as not to upset you again I blocked you right....

How many fucking times do I have to tell you nooooooooooooooooooooo. LOL

Only joking OP but it is why we often block after refusal because it avoids having to do it over and over again.

Really dont understand what your complaining about? Either way blocked or not your not going to chat again so why worry about it.

It just seems to me your pride has been hurt by some people who dare to block you.

Its equally bad manners to mail people who do not want to converse with you, the block button is just a convenient method of ensuring you dont either by mistake or on purpose.

Grow some and move on!

My first thought was the content of her message was "rejection" and your reply was, bet you've receive lots of messages (following the content of rejection), just a thought. "

Tbh I'm surprised she even replied.In fact she was probably being a bit too polite in replying.She was clearly not interested,and instead of telling she wasn't,she blocked you.It then meant you couldn't send her another (x) amount of messages asking why...

» Add a new message to this topic