FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Grammar Nazi

Grammar Nazi

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ullanon OP   Couple  over a year ago

Hull

Ok, so we're not academics or anything, but so fed up with getting messages that say 'wat u up2 lol, u luk hot'. Christ alive, let's start speaking in sentences!!

Rant over! X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wot u men? Wan fuk?

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

it doesn't bother me

Oh should have ended that with "bb".

"Ok, so we're not academics or anything, but so fed up with getting messages that say 'wat u up2 lol, u luk hot'. Christ alive, let's start speaking in sentences!!

Rant over! X"

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

Absolutely does not bother me, and I am an academic, lol.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think there is a different between people who try to spell well and make a few mistakes and those who employ "text speak"

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I am more upset by people thinking that being fussy about grammar is in any way comparable to being a Nazi to be honest.

"Ok, so we're not academics or anything, but so fed up with getting messages that say 'wat u up2 lol, u luk hot'. Christ alive, let's start speaking in sentences!!

Rant over! X"

I'm with you on this.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Only really bothers me when it's actually impossible to decipher what the message means....and that happens a lot.

Rant over! X"

Yes, it annoys us. In fact, we are annoyed at our own ability to be annoyed, too.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Rant over! X

Yes, it annoys us. In fact, we are annoyed at our own ability to be annoyed, too."

lol

Hull

[Removed by poster at 26/04/15 17:16:09]

Rant over! X"

would these type of messges come from all kinds of couples?

Hull

"I am more upset by people thinking that being fussy about grammar is in any way comparable to being a Nazi to be honest."

It's not, obviously, just as being a cheeky monkey has little to do with resembling a chimp...

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I am more upset by people thinking that being fussy about grammar is in any way comparable to being a Nazi to be honest.

It's not, obviously, just as being a cheeky monkey has little to do with resembling a chimp..."

Of course neither upsets me very much I know its just an expression

"I am more upset by people thinking that being fussy about grammar is in any way comparable to being a Nazi to be honest.

It's not, obviously, just as being a cheeky monkey has little to do with resembling a chimp..."

By *itTVlondonTV/TS  over a year ago

London

Thousands have died (RIP) in Nepal and you worry about text speak??? WOW!!! If that's your priority then God help us!

Textspeakers of this world, unite! As long as my men have big cocks and are clean and arrived on time I couldn't care less about textspeak

Ahhh text speak hate it! Though you will get the occassional lol or pmsl out of me. That's why I avoid the chat rooms and delete any messages that are basically crap. Brb/lmao/hi/bye/wana fuk and the ridiculous amount of xxxxxx that people use bores the pants off me (and not in a good way). Seems like the average age is 14 sometimes. Maybe it is!

Hull

"Thousands have died (RIP) in Nepal and you worry about text speak??? WOW!!! If that's your priority then God help us!

Textspeakers of this world, unite! As long as my men have big cocks and are clean and arrived on time I couldn't care less about textspeak "

And who said that this was a priority of ours? It's a conversation topic, no more, no less. If you'd like to talk about Nepal then we're all ears!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Thousands have died (RIP) in Nepal and you worry about text speak??? WOW!!! If that's your priority then God help us!

Textspeakers of this world, unite! As long as my men have big cocks and are clean and arrived on time I couldn't care less about textspeak

And who said that this was a priority of ours? It's a conversation topic, no more, no less. If you'd like to talk about Nepal then we're all ears!"

Conversation and discussion is what you're getting .

Hull

And who said that this was a priority of ours? It's a conversation topic, no more, no less. If you'd like to talk about Nepal then we're all ears!

Conversation and discussion is what you're getting . "

And we're glad!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Conversation and discussion is what you're getting .

And we're glad!"

Good!

I'm not keen on text speak but as I said earlier it doesn't annoy me that much however if we get a message or see a profile that's text speak only we won't engage with those people. I do use lol and imho myself though and sometimes if I'm really surprised omg

Well, obviously some people think that that the two things are linked because the two words are up there together, at the top of the page, in great big coloured letters...

Nobody should be called a Nazi, just because they have standards and wish to express their preference!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think it is always interesting that when subjects like colour, size, age for example come up... people always says resepct the preference...

but whenever someone mentions a preference for "good grammar" that always seems to touch a nerve

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"i think it is always interesting that when subjects like colour, size, age for example come up... people always says resepct the preference...

but whenever someone mentions a preference for "good grammar" that always seems to touch a nerve"

The ops are referring to themselves as grammar Nazis I think.

"Ahhh text speak hate it! Though you will get the occassional lol or pmsl out of me. "

I'm fine with one or two of these.

It's the use of 'u' instead of 'you', 'bk' instead of 'back' and 'wht' or 'wot' instead of 'what' etc that bothers me

At least with lol and pmsl it's an abbreviation of a saying or phrase consisting of a few words, but 'u' instead of 'you' is saving two letters and so just comes across to me as lazy.

By *aughtyal80Man  over a year ago

darlington

People who write carnt there is no bloody r in can't it's short for can not, no r in those two words either

"i think it is always interesting that when subjects like colour, size, age for example come up... people always says resepct the preference...

but whenever someone mentions a preference for "good grammar" that always seems to touch a nerve"

Respect? Here? Are you sure?

Rant over! X"

This. Huge turn off.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Neither of my grammars were nazis.. my grandpa was in the navy

Another thread gone to shit !!

Hull

Rant over! X

This. Huge turn off. "

Fair enough Ava. You better add us to your list of No's, along with bald people, overweight people, cock pics, people who send quote 'crude messages', and so on....pots and kettles come to mind

Textspeakers of this world, unite! As long as my men have big cocks and are clean and arrived on time I couldn't care less about textspeak "

I'm not sure how the 2 are anyway comparable

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

Rant over! X"

Whatever way it's put.... you DO look hot! x

Text speak and poor grammar are totally different. We have little time for text speak and tend to ignore profiles/messages where it is prominent. Grammar, it depends on just how bad it is.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

"Neither of my grammars were nazis.. my grandpa was in the navy"
great uncle adolph was the Black sheep of the family

Rant over! X"

I'm in agreement with you .

If we received a message that was a paragraph or two with text speak littered throughout we would not judge. But you tend to find those employing text speak send a first message consisting of 3 words and one of them is "fuk"!!

Some replys to this thread are argumentative for the sake of it though. As Noel Edmonds once said...."Why can't we all get along?!" 1993

Rant over! X

This. Huge turn off.

Fair enough Ava. You better add us to your list of No's, along with bald people, overweight people, cock pics, people who send quote 'crude messages', and so on....pots and kettles come to mind"

She's agreeing with you, methinks.

When I first joined, I found poor spelling to niggle me. No more though . However, I hate the lack of punctuation and paragraphing. A huge block of text with neither, requires reading and rereading... So I skip it. Surely to add commas when one naturally pauses doesn't take the genius of Einstein.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I just accept that not everyone is as divine as what I are and carry on with my divinity.

Leave them be. They are part of the fabric of fab.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Rant over! X

This. Huge turn off.

Fair enough Ava. You better add us to your list of No's, along with bald people, overweight people, cock pics, people who send quote 'crude messages', and so on....pots and kettles come to mind"

erm she's agreeing with what you said

Hull

Rant over! X

This. Huge turn off.

Fair enough Ava. You better add us to your list of No's, along with bald people, overweight people, cock pics, people who send quote 'crude messages', and so on....pots and kettles come to mind

erm she's agreeing with what you said "

Apologies nicecouple - sarcasm is hard to read on here! X

Rant over! X

This. Huge turn off.

erm she's agreeing with what you said "

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Rant over! X

This. Huge turn off.

erm she's agreeing with what you said

Apologies nicecouple - sarcasm is hard to read on here! X"

No need to apologise to me

I don't care how people spell in their messages, as long as they are fit and fuckable!!!

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I don't care how people spell in their messages, as long as they are fit and fuckable!!!"

They might be fat not fit.

Alas!

For the want of a vowel, the message was lost.

For the want of a message, the meet

was lost.

For the want of a meet, the verification was lost.

For the want of a verification, the all day bisexual group food orgy was lost.

All for the want of an 'i'

By *sbiloverWoman  over a year ago

London

"I don't care how people spell in their messages, as long as they are fit and fuckable!!!

They might be fat not fit.

Alas!

For the want of a vowel, the message was lost.

For the want of a message, the meet

was lost.

For the want of a meet, the verification was lost.

For the want of a verification, the all day bisexual group food orgy was lost.

All for the want of an 'i' "

Love it

Makes deciding to delete so much quicker. Don't even have to open the message.

By *r and mrs willingCouple  over a year ago

SOUTH WEST & WALES

"Makes deciding to delete so much quicker. Don't even have to open the message. "

I agree but horses for courses. What I perceive as sloppy will just wash over others, completely unnoticed. By the same token, they might pass us by because they think we are too pernickety. It's all ok and no different to the fat/thin , safe/bare back or white/non white arguments. If A isn't for you, move on until you find B, who might be what you are looking for.

Centurion: What's this thing? "ROMANES EUNT DOMUS"? "People called Romanes they go the house?"

Brian: It... it says "Romans go home".

Centurion: No it doesn't. What's Latin for "Roman"?

Centurion: Come on, come on!

Brian: (uncertain) "ROMANUS".

Centurion: Goes like?

Brian: "-ANUS".

Centurion: Vocative plural of "-ANUS" is?

Brian: "-ANI".

Centurion: (takes paintbrush from Brian and paints over) "RO-MA-NI". "EUNT"? What is "EUNT"?

Brian: "Go".

Centurion: Conjugate the verb "to go"!

Brian: "IRE"; "EO", "IS", "IT", "IMUS", "ITIS", "EUNT".

Centurion:

So "EUNT" is ...?

Brian: Third person plural present indicative, "they go".

Centurion: But "Romans, go home!" is an order, so you must use the ...?

He lifts Brian by his short hairs

Brian: The ... imperative.

Centurion: Which is?

Brian: Um, oh, oh, "I", "I"!

Centurion: How many Romans? (pulls harder)

Brian: Plural, plural! "ITE".

Centurion strikes over "EUNT" and paints "ITE" on the wall

Centurion: "I-TE". "DOMUS"? Nominative? "Go home", this is motion towards, isn't it, boy?

Brian: (very anxious) Dative?

Centurion draws his sword and holds it to Brian's throat

Brian: Ahh! No, ablative, ablative, sir. No, the, accusative, accusative, ah, DOMUM, sir.

Centurion: Except that "DOMUS" takes the ...?

Brian: ... the locative, sir!

Centurion: Which is?

Brian: "DOMUM".

Centurion: (satisfied) "DOMUM"...

He strikes out "DOMUS" and writes "DOMUM"

Centurian: ..."-MUM". Understand?

Brian: Yes sir.

Centurion: Now write it down a hundred times.

Brian: Yes sir, thank you sir, hail Caesar, sir.

Centurion: (saluting) Hail Caesar. If it's not done by sunrise, I'll cut your balls off.

Brian: (very relieved) Oh thank you sir, thank you sir, hail Caesar and everything, sir!

"I am more upset by people thinking that being fussy about grammar is in any way comparable to being a Nazi to be honest."

Lol

Rant over! X"

lol u iz fit lol

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

No , before but or before and, for that matter - sheesh !

[Removed by poster at 27/04/15 11:27:58]

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

Rant over! X"

Couldn't agree more! U do luk hot though!

"No , before but or before and, for that matter - sheesh !"

The oxford or serial comma is used before and.

Yeah it's annoying, but usually all people mean by this is "there", "they're" and "their".

When you get to my level and start bemoaning people splitting infinitives and ending sentences with prepositions... Give me a call.

By *ieutenantMan  over a year ago

london

Are you afraid to learn new things? Don't stock with the past. Embrace new thingsin life . It add to your vast knowledge and experience.

Remember if we don't embrace new things in life. The whole world will be stock with horse and carriages as means of transport.

By *remiumChocolate_milkMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I was quite aghast yesterday when it took me over an hour to realise that I started a thread and spelt the title wrong! Even worse that I'm an English literature graduate. I'm usually such a stickler for correct spelling and such; we just get lazy these days!

"Thousands have died (RIP) in Nepal and you worry about text speak??? WOW!!! If that's your priority then God help us!"

What about adding overuse of WOW! to that list as well.

» Add a new message to this topic