FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Men....a little insight!!

Men....a little insight!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was chatting with a female friend last night who was saying she was quite down and looking for some NSA, long story short I suggested fab, I showed her how it worked and she signed up,

No profile pic

Simple profile saying "hi all"

Within 40 minutes!! She had 98 unread messages.. Now we've always known its a woman's world on here but guys come on are things so bad that the majority are on 'autofuck' she could've been the ugliest, nastiest woman walking yet guys were desperate to meet...I know this won't change anything but just 'try' focusing on what you want, not what's there..

She just sent me a screenshot of 207 unread messages, seriously...if I was a woman I wouldn't know where to start???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Did you show her the filters ? Get her to block everyone give her a cHance to find out about the site. Delete every message she has a start again

I have made a lot of female friends on here , they have told me the same.story. A lot of blokes just continually send the same lady the same message .

Chaps please think on

"Did you show her the filters ? Get her to block everyone give her a cHance to find out about the site. Delete every message she has a start again "

I did but that's not the point if the thread, I'm just saying how ridiculous it is ,I dont think many men fully know...I was pretty shocked as I say with no pics or profile!!

Predators praying on the new, and possibly nieve

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple  over a year ago

penrhiwceiber

But if they don't send messages how do they get their ding-a-lings' wet?

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

"Did you show her the filters ? Get her to block everyone give her a cHance to find out about the site. Delete every message she has a start again

I did but that's not the point if the thread, I'm just saying how ridiculous it is ,I dont think many men fully know...I was pretty shocked as I say with no pics or profile!!"

I think this makes many newbies leave quite quickly ,it can be overwhelming.

"I was chatting with a female friend last night who was saying she was quite down and looking for some NSA, long story short I suggested fab, I showed her how it worked and she signed up,

No profile pic

Within 40 minutes!! She had 98 unread messages.. Now we've always known its a woman's world on here but guys come on are things so bad that the majority are on 'autofuck' she could've been the ugliest, nastiest woman walking yet guys were desperate to meet...I know this won't change anything but just 'try' focusing on what you want, not what's there..

She just sent me a screenshot of 207 unread messages, seriously...if I was a woman I wouldn't know where to start???"

207 messages is nothing for a woman

OMG thats shocking..I have not heard this before

Most of them won't be looking for a fuck.

They'll be looking for dirty chat (thinking newbies don't know how that works yet).

I'm gonna take all my filters off next time i'm looking for sex and see how that goes.

I use filters. If I see an attractive man on the forums, I'll give him a wink and take it from there. I'd rather do that than have to hunt through dozens of messages!

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Did you show her the filters ? Get her to block everyone give her a cHance to find out about the site. Delete every message she has a start again

I did but that's not the point if the thread, I'm just saying how ridiculous it is ,I dont think many men fully know...I was pretty shocked as I say with no pics or profile!!

I think this makes many newbies leave quite quickly ,it can be overwhelming."

Yeap, I ran away after a few days originally when I first joined

I think this makes many newbies leave quite quickly ,it can be overwhelming.

Yeap, I ran away after a few days originally when I first joined "

glad ya stayed...and of course am glad u became less of a bunny boiler...20msgs a day bombarding me to fuck u was just a bit much

By *huramMan  over a year ago

London

All she has to do is scroll through the messages.

If the message is rude or not quite right.

Delete.

If the guy isn't physically to her taste.

Delete.

If the guy isn't within her age, racial, height or location preference.

Delete.

Those who make the cut, she can reply to.

What's the problem?

that's not the point though is it?

I bet 90% of the messages were "hi" or "want to fuck?".

That just makes it more likely for her to delete all messages or leave, making it even less likely for those of us who put in effort to even get to the talking stage.

I think this makes many newbies leave quite quickly ,it can be overwhelming."

I left twice before sticking with it. It takes a while to get the site to suit your own needs but it can be done.

"that's not the point though is it?

That just makes it more likely for her to delete all messages or leave, making it even less likely for those of us who put in effort to even get to the talking stage."

I never blame other guys for making my life on fab absolute hell...

London

Why?

I genuinely cannot understand why you would delete all of the messages.

Scroll through and assess who is and who isn't to your taste.

How difficult is that?

Scotland - Aberdeen

"All she has to do is scroll through the messages.

Delete.

Delete.

Delete.

What's the problem? "

Easy for you to say! As a single man have you suddenly been bombarded with hundreds of messages where the men were being predatory, to a newbie it is bloody daunting to say the least!

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"Why?

How difficult is that? "

You're missing the point.

Delete.

Delete.

Delete.

What's the problem?

Easy for you to say! As a single man have you suddenly been bombarded with hundreds of messages where the men were being predatory, to a newbie it is bloody daunting to say the least! "

yes I have..I turned many down..mainly on days I was washing my hair

I know what you mean OP.

You couldn't make it up

I remember my first month on here being really hard work actually. Does takes a while for people to calm down on here and for you to get your filters to work in the best way possible, ie: have it so guys you're more likely to be interested in message you with not too many people messaging you overall.

London

The people who message you cannot reach through the screen and grab you.

There is absolutely nothing to fear.

Simply delete the messages you don't like and chat to the rare few who appeal to you.

There's no drama.

Delete.

Delete.

Delete.

What's the problem? "

Totally agree. I get rid of at least 2/3 of all my messages without having to click into their profiles because you can just tell from the username, profile photo or first line that they're not going to be for me. It's easy to cut it down to a manageable number. Since I blocked newbies and people without photos I get far fewer messages anyway, unless I've put new photos up or something. And I'm generally doing that to attract attention, so why would I then complain about that same attention?

By *SweetVioletxWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Delete.

Delete.

Delete.

What's the problem?

Easy for you to say! As a single man have you suddenly been bombarded with hundreds of messages where the men were being predatory, to a newbie it is bloody daunting to say the least! "

It's not really that daunting or predatory. It's the Internet. You're safe, secure & in full control.

Basically start with a decent profile & filters set up from day one.

It really is a case of first world problems.

Fuck!!!!! that must be like hell for her

Some of the replies ... Wow! Just wow!

Boy I feel sorry for women on this site.... 200 messages to sort through. It must be daunting to get through. I wonder if these women went to a bar or pub , if 200 men would hit on them.

London

It's daunting to attempt your first ever climb of Mount Everest.

It's daunting to be taken to the operating theatre for surgery.

It is not daunting to receive messages on a website which is for sending and receiving messages.

All the lady has to do is ignore, delete or respond to said messages.

(And also adjust her filters)

Why is there this insane desire in modern society to try so desperately hard to portray people as victims when they haven't been harmed in any way?

"It's daunting to attempt your first ever climb of Mount Everest.

It is not daunting to receive messages on a website which is for sending and receiving messages.

Why is there this insane desire in modern society to try so desperately hard to portray people as victims when they haven't been harmed in any way? "

I did but that's not the point if the thread, I'm just saying how ridiculous it is ,I dont think many men fully know...I was pretty shocked as I say with no pics or profile!!"

What is the point of the thread then? How you aren't like all those other single males?

The first bit of advice I'd give any newbie is use your filters. You seemingly still haven't told her that

Scotland - Aberdeen

Delete.

Delete.

Delete.

What's the problem?

Easy for you to say! As a single man have you suddenly been bombarded with hundreds of messages where the men were being predatory, to a newbie it is bloody daunting to say the least!

It's not really that daunting or predatory. It's the Internet. You're safe, secure & in full control.

It really is a case of first world problems. "

The difference is, I joined 6 years ago and knew SFA about filters! So it is easy to say with bloody hindsight!

When i first joined a 3 years back I signed off without putting any pics on, no info in profile, no interests at all.

I signed in later that day to find over 100 messages and most all said "I love your profile".

How can anyone love an empty profile

Now I know where the saying "any holes a goal" comes from!

Then you should have told her to sort her profile out before going live. When i set mine up i immediately hid it. I spent time adding decent text and pics and setting all my filters. Guess what? When I unhid my profile I got barely any messages. I always reckon the less you have on your profile the more it encourages guys to message because they want to find out what you look like and they want to know if they have a chance with you.

I was delighted at all the messages I got and still get i don't message them all back but I would be more upset if I stopped getting attention on fab

Why is there this insane desire in modern society to try so desperately hard to portray people as victims when they haven't been harmed in any way? "

well said!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I'm shocked that you're surprised.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

The problem is that once people have messages all the locals and had no joy then the only hope they have is to either relocate, look to travel - or hit on a newbie in the hope their message lands first.

Relocating would probably be the most productive.

A

*or a change in profile/pics/message content

**and possibly plastic surgery.

I'm shocked that you're surprised. "

Exactly. ..as i said the lack of pics and profile will attract more chancers not less attention! !!

I'm shocked that you're surprised.

Exactly. ..as i said the lack of pics and profile will attract more chancers not less attention! !!"

I often have no pics and just a dot for profile text and only get about 3 mails a day. I must have a bad reputation so no-one bothers mailing.

"I was chatting with a female friend last night who was saying she was quite down and looking for some NSA, long story short I suggested fab, I showed her how it worked and she signed up,

No profile pic

She just sent me a screenshot of 207 unread messages, seriously...if I was a woman I wouldn't know where to start???"

From 1 to 270 lol

No profile pic

She just sent me a screenshot of 207 unread messages, seriously...if I was a woman I wouldn't know where to start???

From 1 to 270 lol "

Sorry that's 207 getting ahead of my self lol

in summary.

1. set filters 2. delete anything with a rude intro line 3. when putting "hi all" expect a few hi's back 4. say hi back to anyone looking promising.

that applies to all sexes btw.

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

"Why?

How difficult is that? "

How difficult is it for some people to actually think before they send a message! If the lady has nout on her profile then I wonder how she has especially been selected by a man to message. What selection process of mind has he gone through....?

So let's say she has no pics....well can't be he is visually attracted to her. Pretty much no profile text maybe.....Can't be her personality he is attracted to. So I then wonder why on earth all these people are interested in her? Maybe because she is female, on a site maybe looking for sex and has a pulse!

Meh, it's about the same as I get.

near kings lynn

When I put my profile up while I was still typing in my information about what I was looking for or getting pics on I already had loads of mail.

That was before I had found out about filters!

"Why?

How difficult is that?

How difficult is it for some people to actually think before they send a message! If the lady has nout on her profile then I wonder how she has especially been selected by a man to message. What selection process of mind has he gone through....?

So let's say she has no pics....well can't be he is visually attracted to her. Pretty much no profile text maybe.....Can't be her personality he is attracted to. So I then wonder why on earth all these people are interested in her? Maybe because she is female, on a site maybe looking for sex and has a pulse!

"

As i said guys are more likely to message someone with nothing on their profile. They MIGHT be hot and they MIGHT be what they are looking for. How do they know unless they message? They aren't mind readers! !

It's t'internet.

Calm ya self.

Wank zombies most of 'em.

near kings lynn

Surely if they don't care who they fuck then an empty profile is perfect. A man that messages an empty profile clearly doesn't think it important to choose to message who they are attracted to, or something in their profile strikes an interest in them.....they can't. As there is nothing in their profile.

Surely it is better to want to message a person for a certain reason as previously said instead of purely a chance, an opportunist!

near kings lynn

Sorry Scarlet I don't think they are messaging using their minds!

"Surely if they don't care who they fuck then an empty profile is perfect. A man that messages an empty profile clearly doesn't think it important to choose to message who they are attracted to, or something in their profile strikes an interest in them.....they can't. As there is nothing in their profile.

Surely it is better to want to message a person for a certain reason as previously said instead of purely a chance, an opportunist! "

I agree.

"Sorry Scarlet I don't think they are messaging using their minds!"

Ok then why don't i get many messages then if men blanket message without reading profiles?

London

"Why?

How difficult is that?

"

Imagine that on a swingers/sex hook up site.

Men would have the nerve to be trying to get sex.

Heaven forfend.

It is a bloody disgusting outrage!

That just makes it more likely for her to delete all messages or leave, making it even less likely for those of us who put in effort to even get to the talking stage."

This fella gets what I mean...

This happened to me as well. When I make a new profile, I add no pics or profile text and leave it's for a week and then bulk delete.

To me it just screams desperation and tbh that's not sexy

Delete.

Delete.

Delete.

What's the problem?

It really is a case of first world problems. "

Sense from a fellow Scouser

"It's t'internet.

Calm ya self.

Wank zombies most of 'em. "

Omg hilarious "wank zombies" I'm having that

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Delete.

Delete.

Delete.

What's the problem? "

Maybe even block a few while she is doing it.

No profile pic

Delete all button give it a few days and if there is someone reasonably serious they would message back

Being a lady on here must be the polar opposite of a guy not sure how some ladies even cope ??

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

How does she feel about the attention, OP??

I'm sure, as a friend, you would have helped he with filters, etc, if she had given you any hint it was too much for her?

Me.. I'm used to men and the net, so found the filters that I wanted to use easy enough to find. Especially since they are highlighted for new members nowadays

London

No profile pic

Delete all button give it a few days and if there is someone reasonably serious they would message back

Being a lady on here must be the polar opposite of a guy not sure how some ladies even cope ??"

As we type, there are people in countries like Nepal and Haiti who are organising care and aid packages to be sent to any women in the UK who have been traumatised by the horror of receiving too many messages.

Stay strong.

Help is on its way.

No profile pic

Being a lady on here must be the polar opposite of a guy not sure how some ladies even cope ??

As we type, there are people in countries like Nepal and Haiti who are organising care and aid packages to be sent to any women in the UK who have been traumatised by the horror of receiving too many messages.

Stay strong.

Help is on its way. "

And if the horror of receiving too many messages is too much to bear, try volunteering for a charity to take your mind off it!!

Delete.

Delete.

Delete.

What's the problem? "

Please tell me you're joking. That would take ages lol

London

No it doesn't take ages.

It can be done very easily and in a matter of minutes.

But the theme on this website often seems to be.

I delete everyone's messages.

But yet and still, I can't seem to find anybody I like. Why?

That'll be because you deleted everyone's messages.

Try sifting through them to pick out the people who actually appeal to you instead.

And simply delete those you don't like.

London

I've got a really traumatic story for you all.

One day I wanted to buy a new pair of shoes.

So I went into a shoe store.

Well to my horror, they stocked hundreds of different brands and styles of shoes.

I was so overwhelmed by this I just had to leave.

(I never bought shoes ever again)

Delete.

Delete.

Delete.

What's the problem?

Please tell me you're joking. That would take ages lol"

It doesn't. It really really doesn't. This is what I do and it really doesn't take much time out of my life. Although I'm probably harsher than the guy suggested because I don't open the profiles of most of them: I know by the name, subject and first line that they're not going to be for me. Possibly harsh? Maybe, but seems less harsh than slagging off all men for daring to message a woman.

Yes this site definitely favours the women,they can certainly pick and choose.

By *drogansMan  over a year ago

Bedford

That just makes it more likely for her to delete all messages or leave, making it even less likely for those of us who put in effort to even get to the talking stage.

I never blame other guys for making my life on fab absolute hell..."

"Sorry Scarlet I don't think they are messaging using their minds!

Ok then why don't i get many messages then if men blanket message without reading profiles? "

Oh I dunno maybe they looked at your pics and went no not for me.

The way swinging works is generally dictated by the overall shit quality of the guys.

Spot on - take time (like most things) you won't be overwhelmed!

This happened to a friend of mine.. Within 5mins over 300 msgd,, mind you was same when I first joined... I daren't turn off my filters now either i already get a lot of mags now,,, some desperate guys out there, not all I might add before you guys have a go at me

Delete.

Delete.

Delete.

What's the problem? "

When I first started out on here many moons ago before I knew about the filters I sat in front of my lap top crying trying to clear messages by being polite. As quick as I was sending a reply I was getting 3 or 4 more messages including the why what's wrong with me the why didn't you read my message and the fancy a fuck ones. Soon learnt where filters were and how to block. That was only with 70 odd messages and I spent a good couple of hrs trying to get through them before throwing in the towel giving up and not coming back on for days.

Ok then why don't i get many messages then if men blanket message without reading profiles?

Oh I dunno maybe they looked at your pics and went no not for me."

There is your answer then. Put up really unattractive pictures.

Men do it all the time, they really don't care.

I've been back on fab about two weeks after a year off...

Still haven't received 207 messages...

Luxury of being a woman ey....

X

Once you have your system in place it's really very easy to sort out, no need for drama.

I much prefer being on the receiving end of the messages than being the ones getting disheartened and sending out the dross.

London

In some countries people cry because their entire village has been massacred by militia.

Or because they have to walk 5 miles every day just to get a small bowl of clean water.

In other countries people cry because they received a lot of messages on a website that is specifically created for you to receive messages.

The pampered Westerner has it so hard.

Is it ok for me to cry because sainsburys just delivered feta instead of halloumi? I mean FFS!

"Is it ok for me to cry because sainsburys just delivered feta instead of halloumi? I mean FFS! "

That is worth crying over..i don't like feta!

"Is it ok for me to cry because sainsburys just delivered feta instead of halloumi? I mean FFS!

That is worth crying over..i don't like feta!"

Neither do I. I gave it back to the man with a look of disgust. My profile - sorry my order - clearly stated halloumi and he tried to push his luck giving me feta. I don't know who he thinks he is.

"In some countries people cry because their entire village has been massacred by militia.

Or because they have to walk 5 miles every day just to get a small bowl of clean water.

In other countries people cry because they received a lot of messages on a website that is specifically created for you to receive messages.

The pampered Westerner has it so hard. "

And you are such a gentleman just the type fab needs.

"Is it ok for me to cry because sainsburys just delivered feta instead of halloumi? I mean FFS! "

Abso-fuckin-lutely!!

and while your at it make sure the shopper gets the sack.

"Is it ok for me to cry because sainsburys just delivered feta instead of halloumi? I mean FFS!

That is worth crying over..i don't like feta!

Neither do I. I gave it back to the man with a look of disgust. My profile - sorry my order - clearly stated halloumi and he tried to push his luck giving me feta. I don't know who he thinks he is. "

All about Nando's halloumi... Unrivalled!!

When I fist signed up my messages were in the hundreds. I put a new photo up the other day and within a couple of hours my inbox was in the 80's. Men are like vultures on here lol

London

"In some countries people cry because their entire village has been massacred by militia.

The pampered Westerner has it so hard.

And you are such a gentleman just the type fab needs. "

Forgive me for not entertaining the, woe is me I'm a victim, theme that so often crops up here.

God I've just received a message.

I have PTSD if this continues.

I think it's pretty unfair to slag men off for mailing a woman's profile ... on a sex site.. when she has sex type pics on.

It's a site for people looking for sex. They mail to ask for sex they get slagged off. They mail with a non-sexual "how are you" type mail they get slagged off.

They don't mail, the women's ego's take a battering. (Aww bless)

People can't win.

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

Yea the newbie rush can be Intimidating also as a newbie that doesn't upgrade to site supporter you can only send 100 messages per day so how your expected to answer 207 messages with only 100 to use just doesn't happen so that's why they just get deleted guys

By *allipygousMan  over a year ago

Leicester

[Removed by poster at 31/05/15 11:05:26]

By *allipygousMan  over a year ago

Leicester

Oh I dunno maybe they looked at your pics and went no not for me.

There is your answer then. Put up really unattractive pictures."

Go on then, put up unattractive pictures.

"It's t'internet.

Calm ya self.

Wank zombies most of 'em.

Omg hilarious "wank zombies" I'm having that "

'ave it.

I have 8 messages in my box.

It's usually 8-10 messages a day.

Maybe word has spread I've had pubic lice and I'm a bit menthol.

Just another sad day on Fab with the Desperadoes

"Just another sad day on Fab with the Desperadoes "

You comfy there?

Pretty sure Ginger still has a backlog of messages from day she first joined 6mths ago. Everytime she made an effort to reduce her inbox she was inundated with more. She has filters on to reduce the amount of messages and I think that is the way forward for any woman.

Can't remember the procedure for signing up but maybe tweak it so more help and advice is given about filters so that fab newbies aren't given such a fright

"Just another sad day on Fab with the Desperadoes "

Yep, hence why I so often say there should be multiple categories for single males, so we don't all have to be associated with the 'I'll fuck anything with a pulse (optional)' crowd.

» Add a new message to this topic