FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Chat, seems naff

Chat, seems naff

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

HI, I may be missing some important instructions on how to use the chat rooms because it just appear to be a stream of random conversations.

Can you chat with a specific user rather than have everybodies chat going on at the same time?

If not I how do you let somebody know you are speaking to them?

As I say, I guess I'm missing something fundemental

Barry.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Any chat room can seem daunting if you have never seen one. I used to use Freeserve chat many years ago and that was manic too.

In the old chat, you can 'whisper' folk buy typing their username in the brackets above the comma and full stop (for some reason the forums dont let us to type them, basically the pointy brackets) followed by your message.

In the new chat, next to everyones name in the right panel is a 'PM' button. This opens a private one to one box. Some users have these turned off though.

However, it is polite to ask if you can whisper or PM beforehand.

In the main room, there will be lots of conversations going on and if your just wanting to make a comment in reply to something someone has said, just start your line with their username.

IE,

Steveandj.... your talking pish again

Then once your in with the conversation, people will be looking out for what you are saying.

Also, change your font in the room, to something other than the standard black as that seems to fade into the background more.

Hope that helps

Steve

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks for the info.

I guess the distinction is that it is a group chat tool which seems as you say "manic".

Barry.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

as long as you say the screen name of the person in room you chatting to they will know good luck x

» Add a new message to this topic