FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > How long...?

How long...?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *adybee77 OP   Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

After a comment in another thread...

How long do you chat before meeting?

I've been very lucky that some of my meets have chatted for a long time (the longest was 18 months before his shifts and my free time coincided) but it averages about 6 months chatting on here - I have a very busy life, and do make that clear up front, and the first meet is always a social first.

What do you consider acceptable? I also do not swap mobile numbers before a successful first social.

Oh and for the record, I have never had a no show, and never not showed up myself, so it obviously works for some people - so its not about time wasting.

What do you think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sometimes we chat for months before being able to arrange a meet, mainly due to work rota issues. But we have on occasion just chatted for a few hours before meeting, that's on the odd occasion when we end up with an unexpected free night.

We too, have never had a no show, but have suffered some late cancellations.

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

It varies...can be a couple of days / few months and in some cases a year or more.

Depends on how much free time we have (at present, that's none) and how easy our free time matches up with those we want to meet.

We have only ever had 1 no show that I can think of, that was years ago. Had couple of cancellations but that's to be expected really, things don't always go to plan.

Longest was 9 months and worth waiting for!

By *etzPlayCouple  over a year ago

Southend

no more than a month, sounds harsh but we've been burned too many times, more so from singles I guess xx

By *ickawitchCouple  over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

Anything from a few days to months - some people we chat to live many miles away and we rely on the hope that one day they will be near us or the other way round......in my world time wasters are people who make a firm plan and don't turn up - anyone up to that point are friends who have busy lives of their own and everything is subject to change without recriminations on either side

"Anything from a few days to months - some people we chat to live many miles away and we rely on the hope that one day they will be near us or the other way round......in my world time wasters are people who make a firm plan and don't turn up - anyone up to that point are friends who have busy lives of their own and everything is subject to change without recriminations on either side "

A year,a few months,a few days. It all depends how I'm feeling and our free time matching

By *laction manMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I've had a few hours to a few months. Both have their benefits, there's something so sexy about a really passionate anonymous meet that night. However I'm a bit more choosy now as it takes a while to ensure your tastes match and the old cliche, quality over quantity so leaning toward a few weeks/months.

It's also because I have no time for boring vanilla meets

By *andb69Couple  over a year ago

leeds

We don't chat, mainly because we only play in clubs and never prearrange meets. Just our thing.

Sometimes i've only chatted to arrange where i live. Depends if i'm looking for sex at the time or not. Some guys i chatted to for months and nothing came of it, wasn't fussed coz it's easy to get a meet whenever you want one.

Your lucky if they continue to chat after 7 replies looooool

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"A year,a few months,a few days. It all depends how I'm feeling and our free time matching "

Anything up to a couple of months.....

Fastest was one message each way....then a quick phone call two mins later. A minute after that went to pick her up....came back and spent most of the night here.

Have met quite a few off the back of just a few messages and meet up that same day....depends on how the chemistry and the feel is between folk I suppose.

I can't put a time on it. I chat until I feel comfortable with that person and only then do I agree to meet. I have a couple of guys where it took about 2 frustrating years because of our inflexibility in meeting and busy lives, but normally a good few months chatting I would say.

We have met some people within a couple of messages,others we have been messaging for years n still haven't met.it all depends on timing,distance and opportunity.

By *eovilcouple76Couple  over a year ago

yeovil

Varies for us. Sometimes it's a couple of weeks, sometimes months. Work and organising baby sitters plus working around the other persons commitments makes it awkward sometime.

Mrs prefers to chat for a bit anyway to see if there's any kind of attraction before committing to a meet.

By *od ThrusterMan  over a year ago

Newport Pagnell

"Anything from a few days to months - some people we chat to live many miles away and we rely on the hope that one day they will be near us or the other way round......in my world time wasters are people who make a firm plan and don't turn up - anyone up to that point are friends who have busy lives of their own and everything is subject to change without recriminations on either side "

This pretty much sums it up for me.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Next week, I'm meeting someone I've been chatting to for around 3 years (he's about as far from Arse End as you can get and still be in the UK)...occasionally, if diaries have permitted, I've been in a pub with someone within a couple of hours of the first message...generally though, it's maybe more like a coupla weeks to a month

I don't like chatting for more than a week or so without a social. I'm not looking for a penpal. If we get on at the social then chatting after that is fine until we can arrange another meet.

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

Our longest was 7 years

To be fair, they're the other end of the country and children, opportunity and finances got in the way a lot. It was SO worth the wait tho

*Her*

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Took me 2 years to meet someone,i usually take a while until i'm comfortable .

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

"After a comment in another thread...

How long do you chat before meeting?

I've been very lucky that some of my meets have chatted for a long time (the longest was 18 months before his shifts and my free time coincided) but it averages about 6 months chatting on here - I have a very busy life, and do make that clear up front, and the first meet is always a social first.

What do you consider acceptable? I also do not swap mobile numbers before a successful first social.

Oh and for the record, I have never had a no show, and never not showed up myself, so it obviously works for some people - so its not about time wasting.

What do you think?"

My experience is remarkably similar. Although the one time logistics aligned after a couple of weeks and I took a punt it turned out to be brilliant and a guy I have now been seeing for nearly a year.

Yep, have chatted for months before meeting before, in contrast, have met after exchanging a couple of messages, depends on circumstances I guess, but if it's feels right, I trust my instincts

» Add a new message to this topic