FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Discrete / discreet

Discrete / discreet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *anetandNick OP   Couple  over a year ago

Ross-on-Wye

I don't know why this annoys me so much.

"Discrete professional guy Looking for fun with likeminded women"

He did manage to spell professional though. It's surprising how many can't.

Janet

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldnt dream of correcting or slating someone's spelling as my spelling is really poor and there are people with dyslexia who can't help it x

Why does it annoy you? they are both words with similar meanings rather than a spelling mistake.

"I don't know why this annoys me so much.

Janet"

My spelling is crap too The Discrete thing? could be he sleeps around and dont wish for feed- back on his profile .. so he say that in profile. lol Thats what i find thay can send it out to you for your friends to see as he may pull again but your feed back has to be not shown lol even if sex was out of this world its just thay may look like a bit of a player , lol jo xx

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I don't know that this annoys ME so much....but why do some members make such a fuss about what other members put on their profiles or feel the need to pull them up on their spelling?

It's becoming more and more common on here lately.

Most swingers fall into the discrete category, all it means is they keep swinging separate from their normal lives. Still not sure why it annoys the OP

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I think the OP was saying the spelling was wrong.

Discrete means separate/distinct

Discreet means private

Still, I wouldn't have picked fault with it, I know what they meant.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Agreed, its clear what was intended and its not as if its not a word in its own right.

ps - I know that there are missing apostrophes in the message I'm posting but its a real ball ache adding them when using my phone, as I'm doing now. Hope it doesn't annoy anyone... honest.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I don't know that this annoys ME so much....but why do some members make such a fuss about what other members put on their profiles or feel the need to pull them up on their spelling?

It's becoming more and more common on here lately."

* nods in agreement *

errrr sorry if i seem thick but i didnt know there was 2 different words i just though it was one word spely wrong , ohhh well back to my english lessons

just read my forum opps i cant spell either , lol

"just read my forum opps i cant spell either , lol"

Tut tut... the spelling police will be after you lol

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I think the offenders of spelling mistakes should be hung by the neck till they are barely alive and then dragged by horses over broken glass and then burned at the stake...that'll teach the feckers..

god forbid people were to over react to this spelling outrage..

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

oops meant fuckers...

"I think the offenders of spelling mistakes should be hung by the neck till they are barely alive and then dragged by horses over broken glass and then burned at the stake...that'll teach the feckers..

god forbid people were to over react to this spelling outrage.."

mmmm remember , the pain is the pleasure !!! or so mistress told me lol

By *omcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

I do see plenty of spelling errors on here the most annoying I feel are those in their tag line on profiles

Bare back shown as bear back

Couple shown as cupple

text speak is another little pet hate

but thats the way of the world I suppose

most people seem to be able to spell sex and shag so we can rest assured!!!

By *ingmasterMan  over a year ago

nottingham

"I think the offenders of spelling mistakes should be hung by the neck till they are barely alive and then dragged by horses over broken glass and then burned at the stake...that'll teach the feckers..

mmmm remember , the pain is the pleasure

!!! or so mistress told me lol"

we used to have that done to us before going to work every morning .

tell that to the youth of today .....

they wouldnt believe you .

Let it be, helps to sort the wheat from the chav oopps I mean chaff.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Are the spelling police allowed to take the piss a bit when some spelling error gives a whole new meaning....

....Or do the fun police outrank us?

Big deel, he spelt sumthin rong !

So fucking wat hoo cayres aniway, wy dus it botha yoo sow mutch ?

have a go see what i can do , lol super woman.

By *eterpan6b1Couple  over a year ago

Hedon

Spelling corrections !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it just reminds of life with my ex wife

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Psssst... overreact is all one word!

*digs tongue out of cheek, giggles and runs away*

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Psssst... overreact is all one word!

*digs tongue out of cheek, giggles and runs away* "

yeah I knew that lol xxxx hunest I did. x

A few weeks ago I critisised and corrected someone in forum over those two very words, at which point I discovered the two words with two meanings!

Lesson Learned!

I also brought it up as a topic of conversation recently at Sunday dinner with my family- can you imagine if I had mentioned how I knew!!!

By *anba2Couple  over a year ago

burbage

"A few weeks ago I critisised and corrected someone in forum over those two very words, at which point I discovered the two words with two meanings!

Lesson Learned!

I also brought it up as a topic of conversation recently at Sunday dinner with my family- can you imagine if I had mentioned how I knew!!! "

I didn't realise there were two meanings either... Have forgotten how to spell discreet/discrete/discreat now anyway as I see it spelt so many different ways on here...lol

Probableee the besst qoute off de day.

I'm a tad pedantic about this entire subject, each too or is that to their own?

I'll always respect posts, but none that involves "text talk/speal"

Bippy

"I do see plenty of spelling errors on here the most annoying I feel are those in their tag line on profiles

Bare back shown as bear back

Couple shown as cupple

text speak is another little pet hate

but thats the way of the world I suppose

most people seem to be able to spell sex and shag so we can rest assured!!!

"

By *acquiesubWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

it is possible to be professional and have difficulty with spelling... also very easy to have a typo error and not see you hit the letters in the wrong order till after you hit enter.... BACK OFF we can't all be perfect x

I did not see this post just as spelling. God i am slow.

Feck me..........oh to be perfect.........thats all i say !!

By *ast and modifiedCouple  over a year ago

near glasgow

"I don't know why this annoys me so much.

Janet"

shag or hump,whats the difference?

"I did not see this post just as spelling. God i am slow."

Jo you are not. You are lovely and perfectly intelligent xx

By *obblybitsCouple  over a year ago

huddersfield

get a life. if your sat there thinking of how people spell things what there hell is it doing on the swinging chat?

are you an english teacher? why do you care?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

this is why I try to keep the words I used as short as I can.....

five letters... yey!!

oh shit.... letters was seven!!!

My spelling and grammar are both impeccable.

Unfortunately, this has been of no help to me when trying to get laid.

"I don't know that this annoys ME so much....but why do some members make such a fuss about what other members put on their profiles or feel the need to pull them up on their spelling?

It's becoming more and more common on here lately."

*Nods in agreement*

Ross-on-Wye

KungFuEric, you shall have your reward!

Send me a private message with your direct email, and I'll put you on the list for our next party.

Janet

xxxxxx

"My spelling and grammar are both impeccable.

Unfortunately, this has been of no help to me when trying to get laid."

Ross-on-Wye

Well, I certainly stirred up a hornets nest here.

My only defence is that guys may as well be aware that the more care they take with their profiles and messages, the more likely they are to get a positive response, at least from me!

Janet

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

lmfao !! sorry but what on earth has spelling got to do with if youd click with someone on a meet ??? i find its the content of the message NOT the spelling of it thats important. after all would you want to meet a guy who messaged "you look a dirty slut ,how about we meet tonight ?" just because its spelt correctly ?? of course you wouldnt !

as people have said there can be various reasons why a persons spelling may be alittle on the creative side .im certainly in no position to sit in judgemnet over other people ,smacks of elitism and narrow mindedness in my book !

the funny thing is only person whos missing out is yourself !the very people you are slating can be the very ones whom you would click with if you met them at a social, where you wouldnt have your blinkers on.

"I did not see this post just as spelling. God i am slow.

Jo you are not. You are lovely and perfectly intelligent xx"

kisses thankyou. just wish i could keep up with you lot in here at times xxx some posts just go over my head,

"lmfao !! sorry but what on earth has spelling got to do with if youd click with someone on a meet ??? i find its the content of the message NOT the spelling of it thats important. after all would you want to meet a guy who messaged "you look a dirty slut ,how about we meet tonight ?" just because its spelt correctly ?? of course you wouldnt !

as people have said there can be various reasons why a persons spelling may be alittle on the creative side .im certainly in no position to sit in judgemnet over other people ,smacks of elitism and narrow mindedness in my book !

the funny thing is only person whos missing out is yourself !the very people you are slating can be the very ones whom you would click with if you met them at a social, where you wouldnt have your blinkers on."

I have a different _iew.

Whilst it wouldn't cross my mind to pull someone up on their spelling, or peruse profiles for text speak etc, if someone sends me a message littered with bad spelling and text speak, I don't read it.

It's all about communication. My profile and forum posts are not written in text speak or profanity, so why would someone think it appropriate to contact me in that way?!!

People may look at it as narrow minded and elitist, but if we can't communicate at the most basic level - then it's not going to work for me and I don't see why I need a Rosetta Stone to decipher messages!

If someone contacts us with text speak then we tend to not reply,as it takes us so long to try and work out what is being said lol but if it is just spelling mistakes or typo errors it really doesnt bother us.

No one is perfect,people make mistakes x

Southampton

"lmfao !! sorry but what on earth has spelling got to do with if youd click with someone on a meet ??? i find its the content of the message NOT the spelling of it thats important. after all would you want to meet a guy who messaged "you look a dirty slut ,how about we meet tonight ?" just because its spelt correctly ?? of course you wouldnt !

the funny thing is only person whos missing out is yourself !the very people you are slating can be the very ones whom you would click with if you met them at a social, where you wouldnt have your blinkers on.

I have a different _iew.

Whilst it wouldn't cross my mind to pull someone up on their spelling, or peruse profiles for text speak etc, if someone sends me a message littered with bad spelling and text speak, I don't read it.

It's all about communication. My profile and forum posts are not written in text speak or profanity, so why would someone think it appropriate to contact me in that way?!!

People may look at it as narrow minded and elitist, but if we can't communicate at the most basic level - then it's not going to work for me and I don't see why I need a Rosetta Stone to decipher messages!"

we are not talking morse code its simple spelling mistakes ! as i and others have said there can be verious reasons why a persons spelling isnt totally perfect .it doesnt mean that person isnt just as intellectual or what they have to say isnt as valid just because of some of the spelling ! i would never be so arrogent to think i was better then someone just becuse my spelling was without reproach !which is how it reads when you say "if you cant communicate at the most basic level ". what a slap in the face to anyone who with dyslexia ect !! i mean how dare they mesage anyone or post on forum ! certainly one way to to ensure they feel welcomed on the site isnt it !!everyone has their strengths and weaknesses , so much for swingers being open minded folks huh !!!

"If someone contacts us with text speak then we tend to not reply,as it takes us so long to try and work out what is being said lol but if it is just spelling mistakes or typo errors it really doesnt bother us.

No one is perfect,people make mistakes x"

More succinctly put than mine: that's what I mean. It's not about looking down my nose at others, but I have neither the time or inclination to decipher what's being said.

The onus is on the sender to ensure their message is understood surely?!!

" so much for swingers being open minded folks huh !!! "

Another one of those strange sayings I struggle to understand.

Is there a planet Swing, where the inhabitants are all "open minded?" Of course not - we're all individuals that happen to swing. Therefore, we come with judgements, prejudices, intolerances etc.

I maybe on an adult site but I have no desire to take part in a bukakke session or a 10 man bareback gang bang!! You'll not hear me saying a word towards people that do indulge in such activities, it's not for me - or am I being narrow minded?!!

People who don't take the time to compose a decent message (I'm hardly unique in that regard - daily event here people moaning about one line messages) - I'm not talking typo here - not for me!!

Southampton

hardly about deciphering!! we are talking afew spelling mistakes. i have yet to come across a message i couldnt understand or had to spend longer reading just due to the spelling! the human brain only reads parts of the word anyway .aslong as the word has some of the key letters in correct place all the rest can be ANY letters you want and the brain will still register it.

you say you dont look down your nose or judge people due to spelling mistakes but then say you dont have the time or will to spend time deciphering their messages ! a contradiction there me thinks !

it worrys me that anytime these type of posts come up it is making people feel inferior and alienated .there will be alot of people i bet who refrain from posting or need to work up courage to send a message because they dont meet some peoples strict rules of perfection .no one should EVER be made to feel second class for ANY reason .

i hope people who can so easily dismiss others dont find themselves on the recieving end one day . it may sound strong but if its made one person rethink how their actions impact others then its a good thing .

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I don't really care about mistakes in posts - we all make them, but if I get a message that's impossible to read I will just delete it! It's not about looking odwn on people at all but we also like to be able to have a little social intercourse before the sexual intercourse on our meets and if someone is either too lazy to write a decent message or totally illiterate we probably wouldn't be compatible! Z

Southampton

" so much for swingers being open minded folks huh !!!

Another one of those strange sayings I struggle to understand.

Is there a planet Swing, where the inhabitants are all "open minded?" Of course not - we're all individuals that happen to swing. Therefore, we come with judgements, prejudices, intolerances etc.

I maybe on an adult site but I have no desire to take part in a bukakke session or a 10 man bareback gang bang!! You'll not hear me saying a word towards people that do indulge in such activities, it's not for me - or am I being narrow minded?!!

People who don't take the time to compose a decent message (I'm hardly unique in that regard - daily event here people moaning about one line messages) - I'm not talking typo here - not for me!! "

no one is talking about the one lined messages, who everyone would agree not best way to get anyones interest .the post is complaining about peoples spelling .i just made a point by asking would they meet a person just because message was spelt correct ...and of course not .

yes we are all inderviduals on the site but as swingers should we not be alil more tolerent of other people as our life style isnt exactly classed as acceptable . swingers get judged by people outside the scene as moraless diviants and disgusting .are those who dont swing better than all those on the site ...of course not !! so how can we judge people due to their spelling ??? especially with all the factors that could contribute to it .

Bolton

I don't see why we need to be more tolerant of others just because we swing, why would you lower your standards or morals? Z

Southampton

"I don't really care about mistakes in posts - we all make them, but if I get a message that's impossible to read I will just delete it! It's not about looking odwn on people at all but we also like to be able to have a little social intercourse before the sexual intercourse on our meets and if someone is either too lazy to write a decent message or totally illiterate we probably wouldn't be compatible! Z"

wow !!!thats a huge conclusion to jump to ! you are assuming thats intelligence is linked to literacy. far from it ! there are folks who have learning challenges who are extremely bright and eloquent.likewise there are supposid ,well educated and qualified folks who cant hold a normal conversation ! surely we should be looking at the indervidual not prejudging a book by the cover

Southampton

"I don't see why we need to be more tolerant of others just because we swing, why would you lower your standards or morals? Z"

i was mearly stating that you would think being in the scene we are, you think people would be more open minded .nothing about lowering morals its about being more understanding.

Bolton

"I don't really care about mistakes in posts - we all make them, but if I get a message that's impossible to read I will just delete it! It's not about looking odwn on people at all but we also like to be able to have a little social intercourse before the sexual intercourse on our meets and if someone is either too lazy to write a decent message or totally illiterate we probably wouldn't be compatible! Z

wow !!!thats a huge conclusion to jump to ! you are assuming thats intelligence is linked to literacy. far from it ! there are folks who have learning challenges who are extremely bright and eloquent.likewise there are supposid ,well educated and qualified folks who cant hold a normal conversation ! surely we should be looking at the indervidual not prejudging a book by the cover "

Whatever works for you, we are allowed to do as we please aren't we? What gives you the right to question our 'selection criteria'? Have fun. Z

Bolton

"I don't see why we need to be more tolerant of others just because we swing, why would you lower your standards or morals? Z

i was mearly stating that you would think being in the scene we are, you think people would be more open minded .nothing about lowering morals its about being more understanding. "

I still don't get why we should be more tolerant just because we swing? Do you condone stealing, drug taking and mugging just because you're a swinger? Z

Southampton

Whatever works for you, we are allowed to do as we please aren't we? What gives you the right to question our 'selection criteria'? Have fun. Z

yes you are certainly entitled to meet who you choose ,i have NEVER said otherwise . what people arent entitled to do is belittle other people on the site ,which threads like this do . why should people whos spelling isnt perfect be made to feel inferior? what gives others the right to do that ??? people seem to forget there could numerous reasons why a persons spelling isnt perfect . dyslexia,they may of missed school due to their own illness or being a carer for a parent . i personally would hope people would judge me as a person not on afew spelling mistakes !! but hey thats just my opinion

Bolton

"Whatever works for you, we are allowed to do as we please aren't we? What gives you the right to question our 'selection criteria'? Have fun. Z

yes you are certainly entitled to meet who you choose ,i have NEVER said otherwise . what people arent entitled to do is belittle other people on the site ,which threads like this do . why should people whos spelling isnt perfect be made to feel inferior? what gives others the right to do that ??? people seem to forget there could numerous reasons why a persons spelling isnt perfect . dyslexia,they may of missed school due to their own illness or being a carer for a parent . i personally would hope people would judge me as a person not on afew spelling mistakes !! but hey thats just my opinion

"

Don't get your knickers in a twist! I very clearly said that i don't care about spelling etc in a post in the forums but do prefer a decent and literate personal message! Wow, calm down! Z

Southampton

you said more than that lol!!

It's not about looking odwn on people at all but we also like to be able to have a little social intercourse before the sexual intercourse on our meets and if someone is either too lazy to write a decent message or totally illiterate we probably wouldn't be compatible!

reads like youre jumping to assumptions again. so if people cant spell they cant hold a conversation ??lol! people who dont spell properly are lazy ???lol!!

hoping to make people think of the impact of these types of threaDS and comments have. as i say you have to look at the bigger picture . some people will REFUSE to posting due to nit picking over spelling which seems to be found acceptable on the forum .i personally consider that wrong .had the op been complaining they where contacted by a size 8,a bbw ,someone too short ,too tall they would of been laughed at!but because it over a persons spelling people feel thats ok to belittle .the forums and site are for EVERYONE .no one is any better or worse than anyone else .

if others are fine knowing that their comments make others feel second rate and unable to contribute on the site then thats up to them .persoanally it doesnt sit easy with me, but again just my opinion

I get so peeee off with people lots like me DYSLIEXIA AND people can say spell xchecking thing i have done ever thing i am worth milons i have payed people to help me its DONT WORK there are people here like me,,,, Good at some things not at outhers some things i can run rings around people here xx , lol jo xx

Bolton

I shall say zis only once - more! I have never and will never pull any one up over their spelling or grammar in a forum. When I get a personal message I am allowed to take whatever information from that message that I want to and if that includes the way in which it is written, then I will! If I feel that some one is too lazy or so illiterate that they can't make a sentence than I don't think we'd be compatible! It is pretty straightforward and I am allowed to make these choices! I may very well be missing out on meeting great, fantastic, wonderful, attractive, verbose people - but one of the ways in which I select potential meets is by their messages and profile. Forgive me for having this selection criteria but it has worked for us for many years. Oh, and on the very occasional chance that we have ignored this criteria we have been proved right in sticking to our standards. Z

"I shall say zis only once - more! I have never and will never pull any one up over their spelling or grammar in a forum. When I get a personal message I am allowed to take whatever information from that message that I want to and if that includes the way in which it is written, then I will! If I feel that some one is too lazy or so illiterate that they can't make a sentence than I don't think we'd be compatible! It is pretty straightforward and I am allowed to make these choices! I may very well be missing out on meeting great, fantastic, wonderful, attractive, verbose people - but one of the ways in which I select potential meets is by their messages and profile. Forgive me for having this selection criteria but it has worked for us for many years. Oh, and on the very occasional chance that we have ignored this criteria we have been proved right in sticking to our standards. Z"

Zoe - I'm with you 100%, some how think we're on a hiding to nothing as some people are seeing it as looking down on others.

Oh well...onwards and upwards!

Bolton

"I shall say zis only once - more! I have never and will never pull any one up over their spelling or grammar in a forum. When I get a personal message I am allowed to take whatever information from that message that I want to and if that includes the way in which it is written, then I will! If I feel that some one is too lazy or so illiterate that they can't make a sentence than I don't think we'd be compatible! It is pretty straightforward and I am allowed to make these choices! I may very well be missing out on meeting great, fantastic, wonderful, attractive, verbose people - but one of the ways in which I select potential meets is by their messages and profile. Forgive me for having this selection criteria but it has worked for us for many years. Oh, and on the very occasional chance that we have ignored this criteria we have been proved right in sticking to our standards. Z

Zoe - I'm with you 100%, some how think we're on a hiding to nothing as some people are seeing it as looking down on others.

Oh well...onwards and upwards!"

Yes, I think I'll go and out tea on - this is giving me a headache! Z

people think if you cant spell well your thick all i say is some people have very small minds here. jo x

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Indeed there have been many discrete posts in this thread that one wished had remained discreet.

Bolton

"people think if you cant spell well your thick all i say is some people have very small minds here. jo x"

Not at all, I have no problem with spelling as such, I think this is getting out of proportion now! Take care, Z

Southampton

"I get so peeee off with people lots like me DYSLIEXIA AND people can say spell xchecking thing i have done ever thing i am worth milons i have payed people to help me its DONT WORK there are people here like me,,,, Good at some things not at outhers some things i can run rings around people here xx , lol jo xx"

thank god we arent all made the same .be a very boring world otherwise ! xx

"people think if you cant spell well your thick all i say is some people have very small minds here. jo x"

Well said Jo x

"KungFuEric, you shall have your reward!

Send me a private message with your direct email, and I'll put you on the list for our next party.

Janet

xxxxxx

My spelling and grammar are both impeccable.

Unfortunately, this has been of no help to me when trying to get laid."

Thank you Janet. Who'd have thought it?

Just mailed you.

You get pee of with some people spelling things not right no one is perfect. Not even you. Look at the news look at the world there are bigger things to get up- set about then SPELLINGS...... x jo

" xx

thank god we arent all made the same .be a very boring world otherwise ! xx"

sure would i am having the time of my life here xxx jo

[Removed by poster at 17/11/10 18:02:23]

» Add a new message to this topic