FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Are too many testimonials a bad thing?

Are too many testimonials a bad thing?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Here's an interesting question..

Obviously having good positive testimonials and feedback is a good indicator that you are a genuine person on the site, but is having too many testimonials detrimental to you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

To some, yes.

To some, no.

Hope that's a sufficiently interesting answer.

Careful of splinters sat on that fence mate

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"To some, yes.

To some, no.

Hope that's a sufficiently interesting answer."

Yep that pretty much sums it up.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Some people think it looks like bragging – usually those with only one or two.

Some people think it looks like a notch counter – like there’s a special magic number which differentiates notch counter and lucky fecker.

Some people (mostly singles) thinks it looks like too much competition – if they are not very good and the sharing thing and need to feel ‘special’.

Some people think it looks like you have enough ‘buddies’ to be going on with.

Some people will wonder how you have time, cos if you were that good wouldn’t they all want repeats.

Some people think it proves reliability – but who knows how many got bumped for the lucky ones?

Some people think it proves you must be good – like everyone writes those things honestly… and one mans meat… as the saying goes.

People make all sorts of assumptions about verifications, whether a long list or a short one.... it's all bollox at the end of the day.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I agree with Polo above, but in the end it doesnt matter what other people think, its up to the individual how they swing.

For us, we are not a repeat kind of couple. We like adventure and to just play with a select few couples would seem very samey to us, we are here to break boundaries and do things that we never dreamed possible.

That said, we have met a few couples that we definitely want to see again because socially they were really lovely and friendly - who knows, just live for the moment. I find it odd that people are so interested in others verifications anyway, ok it tells someone you are genuine and are actively meeting people but other than that its noone else's business

We don't pay too much attention to verifications.

Just because someone has turned up to meet someone else, it doesn't guarantee they will turn up to meet you.

We've been let down by verified people on a couple of occaisions.

Personally we like to see a few verifications... we have encountered alot of time wasters on here so now we only meet / play with people we have met in clubs etc and that we know are genuine, or people that are verifed by people we know ... if that makes sense!

by doing so we have cut down the timewasters considerably, we know the people we are chatting to are genuinely up for somne fun and not just all talk like some on here...

so i guess for us seeing verifications is important, if none / a few dodgy ones then we dont even chat let alone arrange to meet

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Careful of splinters sat on that fence mate "

There's a difference between sitting on the fence and recognising that there is never a universal answer to a request for opinion.

Alot of the men here never put alot of there feed backs on.. have some but not loads as feel it will put people off meeting them as it look like that are real players and shagging around loads. How do i know this i just do. lol jo xx

I love my verifications, I have been told that I must be a slut to have some many, last time I looked I was on a swinging site x

"Careful of splinters sat on that fence mate

There's a difference between sitting on the fence and recognising that there is never a universal answer to a request for opinion."

You should be a politician with those kind of slopey shoulders!

"I love my verifications, I have been told that I must be a slut to have some many, last time I looked I was on a swinging site x "

And fair play to you for doing that.. we're all here to have fun.. *wiggle wiggle*

Most of my veris pretty much read the same but I agree with meeting people at clubs or through friends. Cuts down timewasting.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

We don't show many of ours, but I always look at other peoples veris if we haven't met them as they can be very interesting; we had a couple contact us and stated that they only practised safe sex but one of their veris was from a couple who only bareback, so from that aspect they can be useful - loads and loads and loads can be a bit offputting at times - there's no easly answer to this! Z

"Some people think it looks like bragging – usually those with only one or two.

Some people think it looks like a notch counter – like there’s a special magic number which differentiates notch counter and lucky fecker.

Some people (mostly singles) thinks it looks like too much competition – if they are not very good and the sharing thing and need to feel ‘special’.

Some people think it looks like you have enough ‘buddies’ to be going on with.

Some people will wonder how you have time, cos if you were that good wouldn’t they all want repeats.

Some people think it proves reliability – but who knows how many got bumped for the lucky ones?

Some people think it proves you must be good – like everyone writes those things honestly… and one mans meat… as the saying goes.

People make all sorts of assumptions about verifications, whether a long list or a short one.... it's all bollox at the end of the day.

"

excellent reply

I think they can be a good thing to have to prove that your genuine however I went to Chams with someone around Easter, she uses another site more than this but has an account on here that she uses to check up on people. And basically I got an earful for having 3 verifications done within 2 days from her. Wouldnt mind but 2 of them were social ones from the same meet with two different women.

» Add a new message to this topic