FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Picky people

Picky people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Are they to many people in the forum pages who are to picky in terms of spelling ? X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Must...resist....!!

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Lol?

Bloody hell yes !!!

Example if ive had a little glass of wine or two, three my spelling goes down hill

Or if im typing quickly on my little phone

If im tired

If I dont have my glasses on

Or im just being thick and cant spell a word

To many grammar / grammer/ gramour...freaks

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

I'm picky to

Yes there are

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

"Must...resist....!!"

Sometimes

By *eonnaCouple  over a year ago

Salford, Manchester

"Must...resist....!!"

Know

"Must...resist....!!"

Haha. Me too!!

Yeah, I think people can be a bit picky about grammar and spelling here. Sometimes a spelling error is clearly just a mistake, but when it is consistent I will admit to getting a bit turned off. I don't feel the need to correct people publicly in the forum, though, which some people do...it's more that I take private notice.

-Courtney

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"Must...resist....!!

Haha. Me too!!

Yeah, I think people can be a bit picky about grammar and spelling here. Sometimes a spelling error is clearly just a mistake, but when it is consistent I will admit to getting a bit turned off. I don't feel the need to correct people publicly in the forum, though, which some people do...it's more that I take private notice.

-Courtney"

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

It's not the most heinous offence.. doesn't really fuss me too much...

bviously squeezing the toothpaste tube in the middle of the tube. Now that's going too far...

A don't fink peeps r to bovvered rly m8

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I've been sleeping with this bloke's wife and today he sent me this text:

"You go near her again and ill have you dead! mark my words!"

To which I replied:

"8 out of 10, I'll requires an apostrophe and a capital I."

Rambling on an interweb post doesn't need perfect grammar, often a missed word or a bit of spelling mistake can denote an increased level of passion from the poster

Shouldn't really be picked up on

However a misspelt or misplaced word that is inadvertently funny, should always be open to be highlighted and (in good taste) ridiculed,

"Rambling on an interweb post doesn't need perfect grammar, often a missed word or a bit of spelling mistake can denote an increased level of passion from the poster

Shouldn't really be picked up on

However a misspelt or misplaced word that is inadvertently funny, should always be open to be highlighted and (in good taste) ridiculed,

"

Like when someones posting an ad, and misplaces a space?

'Massage The rapist'

Yes,but don't let it get you down

"Like when someones posting an ad, and misplaces a space?

'Massage The rapist'"

Absolutely, or autocorrect changes a word for you

'She knead his balls'

Or simply misreading something

'Crowd helps dog bite victim'

"Or simply misreading something

'Crowd helps dog bite victim'"

Haha, for the want of a comma

Becareful while hunting pedestrians on path,

By *ig n ZagCouple  over a year ago

North Shropshire

"I'm picky to"

*too

I think some of the auto correct typos are great

My youngest daughter's name comes out as Mafia on the auto correct sent a few wierd text messages with that one

"I think some of the auto correct typos are great

My youngest daughter's name comes out as Mafia on the auto correct sent a few wierd text messages with that one "

Haha

ducks have been so popular

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple  over a year ago

North Manchester

"Are they to many people in the forum pages who are to picky in terms of spelling ? X"

Don't have a problem with the odd typo but we can't stand poor grammar and spelling, it's just sloppy and doesn't engage us. Worse still is text speak, we think (rightly or wrongly) it's lazy and indicative of the character of the author. I know other people will have their opinion, this is just ours.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Must...resist....!!"

I feel your pain

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

A preference is a preference

I don't see what the difference is if someone wants meet someone with a good body, or a good sense of humour, or a good speller

"Must...resist....!!

"

I only ever comment if the typo is funny......like it reads something totally different!

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Not me, I couldn't care less. As long as I can make it out.

"A preference is a preference

I don't see what the difference is if someone wants meet someone with a good body, or a good sense of humour, or a good speller

"

Can I just ask you why you think it's important that someone is a good speller when it comes to a meet ?

Save for the usual , everyone has , and as entitled to a preference , it really doesn't make much sense to me in this case .

"Must...resist....!!"

"Must...resist....!!

"

me too

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

the belittling of people because of a spelling error is shocking at times.

Can I just ask you why you think it's important that someone is a good speller when it comes to a meet ?

Save for the usual , everyone has , and as entitled to a preference , it really doesn't make much sense to me in this case ."

Because people who can't spell or have bad grammar and vocabulary are uneducated oiks and probably don't wash or have all their teeth. Obviously

I'm not picky at all....

I see many post with ladys not ladies and never ever correct them (when they aren't used in the correct tense that is)

The odd spelling error is not a big issue but when I see messages in text speak it really annoys me.

By *onyneMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

I am in two minds about it...In some ways it can be annoying, but it shouldn't be seen as a sign of intelligence [or lack of].

The post above about taking 'private notice' makes sense to me, but I wouldn't avoid chatting to someone who wasn't good in the grammar area, but would be more likely to have a problem with general attitudes, such as racism, homophobia and general jumping to conclusions...These things are much more of a problem for me, whether people can apostrophe correctly or not.

Just because a person can spell and has good grammar you should not assume they are liberal minded...take Prince Phillip for example. Bet he knows how to spell 'slanty eyed fuzzy wuzzies'

Newcastle

"Just because a person can spell and has good grammar you should not assume they are liberal minded...take Prince Phillip for example. Bet he knows how to spell 'slanty eyed fuzzy wuzzies'"

I wish I had just typed this instead of my post above...Got it in one!

By *rafty98Man  over a year ago

herts

Opps wrong thread for me as I'm selective not picky..

"Just because a person can spell and has good grammar you should not assume they are liberal minded...take Prince Phillip for example. Bet he knows how to spell 'slanty eyed fuzzy wuzzies'

I wish I had just typed this instead of my post above...Got it in one!"

lol!

Bet 'lol' annoys some people too

By *rafty98Man  over a year ago

herts

"The odd spelling error is not a big issue but when I see messages in text speak it really annoys me."

as long as they don't get there cocks and cakes in the wrong sentences

"I am in two minds about it...In some ways it can be annoying, but it shouldn't be seen as a sign of intelligence [or lack of].

The post above about taking 'private notice' makes sense to me, but I wouldn't avoid chatting to someone who wasn't good in the grammar area, but would be more likely to have a problem with general attitudes, such as racism, homophobia and general jumping to conclusions...These things are much more of a problem for me, whether people can apostrophe correctly or not."

I agree with this. Just because I take private notice of spelling and grammatical errors doesn't mean I wouldn't chat/meet people because of it. It is just something I notice if it is constant or text speak. It certainly doesn't decide who I chat with or meet

-Courtney

Newcastle

I don't mind lol in the right context...Pretty much like everything, it has its place! Though it took me ages to work out what lmfao meant ...i thought it was something like 'like motherfucker and other' or something like that...for ages!

You just don't understand how much it hurts! I do manage to breathe my way through without comment though.

It is slightly irritating when words my kids mastered at the age of six are butchered beyond recognition by adults, I don't correct or comment on it though.

Did have this discussion on another forum once and there was a guy called Stephen who was one of those who say 'so long as you understand the meaning the spelling doesn't matter'. In one of my posts in response to him I purposefully called him Steven with a 'v' and guess what? Yep, he corrected me on the spelling immediately

Yes, 1 forum regular is dyslexic. Done a hell of a lot to get to where he is, what he writes is perfectly readable, so I don't see the need for the people who think it's OK to correct him. That turns me off!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Save for the usual , everyone has , and as entitled to a preference , it really doesn't make much sense to me in this case ."

For me it is as much about the mental as it is the physical, so if I am finding it hard to understand someone i find the attraction has normally gone...

I don't understand why some preferences have people rallying round the troops, whereas others aren't questioned at all...

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I do find some of the people who have an issue with others calling themselves Professionals, then look their nose at people who struggle to spell a few word very funny....

"

Fair enough, it's never right to pull somebody up openly for not complying with a personal preference though,

If kept to oneself preference away, haha

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

fucking hell: a few words, words plural not word, singular

phew..............

Text speak is not great but then I am dyslexic so I get people saying learn to spell and use punctuation.

"fucking hell: a few words, words plural not word, singular

phew..............

"

And you missed out the word down in your sentence

"Text speak is not great but then I am dyslexic so I get people saying learn to spell and use punctuation. "

I regularly have sex with a man who has an English Degree from Oxford who asks "How r u?" "Can I see u nx wk?" He's a very busy man,no time to write correctly

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

phew..............

And you missed out the word down in your sentence "

what a thick bastard I am...... a fucking thicko.

cheers

I am shamed and destined to wank till the end of time...

"

Save for the usual , everyone has , and as entitled to a preference , it really doesn't make much sense to me in this case .

For me it is as much about the mental as it is the physical, so if I am finding it hard to understand someone i find the attraction has normally gone...

I don't understand why some preferences have people rallying round the troops, whereas others aren't questioned at all..."

Mmmmm..... Well I am glad I am not you then . To lose attraction because someone isn't very good at spelling is a bit shallow in my opinion .

I get that it is about the mental and physical attraction , but people who can't spell very well are ,( in my experience ) just as capable as those that can spell of being mentally stimulating . If one is to into every grammatical detail to determine what kind of person they are , you will never see the real person will you ?

Tomanswer your other point , race , colour , sexuality , size , age are very much more physical preferences . And much easier to understand , however you spell them .

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Makes me laugh, if someone has nothing better than to pick me up on my spelling then good luck to them they will be busy.

No one has ever asked me to sit an English exam before a meet.

"

I don't understand why some preferences have people rallying round the troops, whereas others aren't questioned at all...

Mmmmm..... Well I am glad I am not you then . To lose attraction because someone isn't very good at spelling is a bit shallow in my opinion .

I get that it is about the mental and physical attraction , but people who can't spell very well are ,( in my experience ) just as capable as those that can spell of being mentally stimulating . If one is to into every grammatical detail to determine what kind of person they are , you will never see the real person will you ?

Tomanswer your other point , race , colour , sexuality , size , age are very much more physical preferences . And much easier to understand , however you spell them .

"

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"Are they to many people in the forum pages who are to picky in terms of spelling ? X"

"Too", not "to"

[ Damn, me thinks that was a trap ]

I chatted to someone online for months,his writing was witty,intelligent and interesting. When I met him and spoke to him on Skype he could barely string a sentence together and spoke like a teenager.

By *andom2chatMan  over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

Whit ur yae oan aboot man?

Ah cudnae care less how yae spell yur wurdz so long as yir wanger wurks.

(Actually one is a terrible Grammar Nazi. Can you dress up like Poland so I can invade you?)

phew..............

And you missed out the word down in your sentence

what a thick bastard I am...... a fucking thicko.

cheers

I am shamed and destined to wank till the end of time... "

You are very welcome

By *andom2chatMan  over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

[Removed by poster at 30/07/15 18:54:42]

There not they.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Yes there are, also known as the grammer police.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

We all have values and beliefs around them. Could be spelling, could be not picking your nose and eating it at the dining table. Could be not drinking Elephant muskh.

I just watch those who hold them that tight, often a sign of of closed beliefs.

Damn that's a tight belief, need to berate myself.

Not going to flog myself, so I needed too......., Mmmmm

"Are they to many people in the forum pages who are to picky in terms of spelling ? X

Yes there are, also known as the grammer police. "

*grammar

Thank you for the good laugh. I like how you posted a question about spelling errors and purposely put in a couple of errors; one spelling and one an incorrect word. Very Good! And nobody commented on them so I figure they missed them.

"Are they to many people..."

up to you.

Newcastle

I do have a chuckle when people list interests and end with ect instead of etc... It makes me wonder if they are turned on by ect ...an easy typo but makes me laugh...'oral, dp, threesomes, ect'

That would be beyond kinky..

"Are they to many people in the forum pages who are to picky in terms of spelling ? X

Thank you for the good laugh. I like how you posted a question about spelling errors and purposely put in a couple of errors; one spelling and one an incorrect word. Very Good! And nobody commented on them so I figure they missed them.

up to you."

I didn't clock that either, well spotted and great work OP,

Yes, I'm picky. Their are many people that don't appreciate that there using they're words in a way in which annoys the picky!

"

I've been sleeping with this bloke's wife and today he sent me this text:

"You go near her again and ill have you dead! mark my words!"

To which I replied:

"8 out of 10, I'll requires an apostrophe and a capital I."

"

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Yes there are, also known as the grammer police.

*grammar "

No it's grammer if you come from cannock.

No it doesn't bother me but text speak does.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

"

shallow..... okay... any more shallow than someone wanting someone with a 6 pack? or wanting someone tall? or wanting someone with a big cock?

or a million and one other "wants"???

I like the way this thread has gone... it just shows we are suppose to respect some peoples "wants"..... but mock others!

the pretty people parties... hang them....

good spellers.... burn burn burn...

yet at the same time.... BBW parties are cool.... BBC parties are fine....

and so much for consistency

"

shallow..... okay... any more shallow than someone wanting someone with a 6 pack? or wanting someone tall? or wanting someone with a big cock?

or a million and one other "wants"???

I like the way this thread has gone... it just shows we are suppose to respect some peoples "wants"..... but mock others!

the pretty people parties... hang them....

good spellers.... burn burn burn...

yet at the same time.... BBW parties are cool.... BBC parties are fine....

and so much for consistency"

The consistency lies in the bit you chose not to quote from my op .

All the preferences you cite are physical aren't they ?

So having a preference to not wish to meet / chat or whatever with someone who has difficulty spelling is the odd one out .

It's a swinging site and appearance is inevitably a major factor . The ability to spell well is clearly not .

We're not looking for a lifelong, intellectually and grammatically gifted partner. Just a nice attitude, nice body and knows the score - that's it, really.

"We're not looking for a lifelong, intellectually and grammatically gifted partner. Just a nice attitude, nice body and knows the score - that's it, really."

Newcastle and Gateshead

But the same thing could be thrown at you because as I said in my original post in this threads

Good body, good sense of humour, good speller

So we get it for you it is purely the physical... But for a lot of people it isn't... Before we meet people there maybe written communication... And whether you like it or not.. People make judgments based on everything and anything

You make those judgements based on the physical... And you want people to accept that, but aren't willing to accept that criteria may not be the same for everyone

"But the same thing could be thrown at you because as I said in my original post in this threads

So we get it for you it is purely the physical... But for a lot of people it isn't... Before we meet people there maybe written communication... And whether you like it or not.. People make judgments based on everything and anything

You make those judgements based on the physical... And you want people to accept that, but aren't willing to accept that criteria may not be the same for everyone "

Not sure who you're responding to, but...

For us, it's never 'purely physical', because there has to be a connection in terms of approach and general communication. But, it's usually pretty obvious if someone is attempting to communicate well but has a problem doing so, as opposed to someone who clearly doesn't give a toss. So, while spelling and grammar is not important, effort is.

"But the same thing could be thrown at you because as I said in my original post in this threads

You make those judgements based on the physical... And you want people to accept that, but aren't willing to accept that criteria may not be the same for everyone "

Our judgements aren't purely physical Fabio , but they are the main consideration . If someone has a good sense of humour , and is easy on the yes that's all the better . And if someone has a nice body , a good sense of humour , and is easy on the eye , even better ? And if , with both of these examples , the said person can't spell very well , it makes absolutely no difference at all to us .

If it does make a difference to some , well that's cool , but it still seems strange . As the saying goes , there's nowt so strange as folk .

By *ilacWoman  over a year ago

Cheshire

You make those judgements based on the physical... And you want people to accept that, but aren't willing to accept that criteria may not be the same for everyone

Our judgements aren't purely physical Fabio , but they are the main consideration . If someone has a good sense of humour , and is easy on the yes that's all the better . And if someone has a nice body , a good sense of humour , and is easy on the eye , even better ? And if , with both of these examples , the said person can't spell very well , it makes absolutely no difference at all to us .

If it does make a difference to some , well that's cool , but it still seems strange . As the saying goes , there's nowt so strange as folk ."

I'm a strange one. I care about spelling and grammar. Typos are fine. Tired mistakes are fine. Passion rant errors are fine.

Their/there/they're

No/know

Bored/board

To/too

Your/you're

If I see any of the above incorrect in a message, my cunt just withers and dies.

I can't help it.

If it does make a difference to some , well that's cool , but it still seems strange . As the saying goes , there's nowt so strange as folk .

I'm a strange one. I care about spelling and grammar. Typos are fine. Tired mistakes are fine. Passion rant errors are fine.

Their/there/they're

No/know

Bored/board

To/too

Your/you're

If I see any of the above incorrect in a message, my cunt just withers and dies.

I can't help it.

"

Totally agree. You cannot blame predictive text for getting the wrong there/their/they're or "know" and "no". They either don't know or don't care.

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple  over a year ago

North Manchester

up to you."

Of course they were noticed and recognised for what they were, jeeze! Pretty much the first response was "must resist, must resist" what do you think that was about?

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

I cannot for the life of me understand why if I don't want to meet a fat person (that is a preference that may be much more likely to upset) but if I have standards (any) I am to be called "picky"!

We don't like text speak and we like punctuation. Makes it so much easier to understand. I am not a code breaker, so I don't want to have to decipher messages to get the gist! Of course everyone makes mistakes and has omissions in everyday life and we know that, but things like no paragraphs, no punctuation and no capitalisation make it difficult for the reader.

But our real pet hate is using the wrong words. Are instead of our. There/they're/their and many more. That is not a mistake, it is not dyslexia, but it is not paying attention at school in my opinion!

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"We're not looking for a lifelong, intellectually and grammatically gifted partner. Just a nice attitude, nice body and knows the score - that's it, really."

"We're not looking for a lifelong, intellectually and grammatically gifted partner. Just a nice attitude, nice body and knows the score - that's it, really.

"

Indeed

Swinging is about fun for us , and if we adopted the schoolteacher attitude we wouldn't have half the fun we have

Newcastle and Gateshead

"We're not looking for a lifelong, intellectually and grammatically gifted partner. Just a nice attitude, nice body and knows the score - that's it, really.

"

thanks for flagging up the arguement _iew... but isn't that the "preference" of that person

as glos would say.... nice body is physical... but nice attitude isn't

the point i am getting across is that people are happy to have their preferences respected... but apparently are happy to mock others....

I may not like someones preference... but i don't think it fare to call it shallow as others have....

I like what you did there Fabio !

No it isn't FAIR ( ) so I apologise for saying it's shallow

Picky people can pick the knickers out they're arse shit joke

"Picky people can pick the knickers out they're arse shit joke "

Shit joke, shit spelling

Done that so you would pop up shit response

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

So your in a club meet someone whose attractive, have fun.

Message on here after and holy cow their a bad speller

"Done that so you would pop up shit response "

Course you did pal and ma heid buttons up the back

"Done that so you would pop up shit response

Course you did pal and ma heid buttons up the back"

in you're gimp mask zips up the front

Course you did pal and ma heid buttons up the back in you're gimp mask zips up the front"

Hey good to see you have a sense of humour. Love the way you have misspelt your own username. The Celtic bhoys would be proud

Course you did pal and ma heid buttons up the back in you're gimp mask zips up the front

Hey good to see you have a sense of humour. Love the way you have misspelt your own username. The Celtic bhoys would be proud "

U on the glue a made that up maself what is wrong with spelling in am a prod no a celtic bhoy

its sems there is spelcheckors ahoy a just ignores

Course you did pal and ma heid buttons up the back in you're gimp mask zips up the front

Hey good to see you have a sense of humour. Love the way you have misspelt your own username. The Celtic bhoys would be proud

U on the glue a made that up maself what is wrong with spelling in am a prod no a celtic bhoy"

Sorry I'm just joking with you man. I get the 1690 so know you're a prod.

U on the glue a made that up maself what is wrong with spelling in am a prod no a celtic bhoy

Lol its all good mate am a piss taker

Sorry I'm just joking with you man. I get the 1690 so know you're a prod."

» Add a new message to this topic