FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Single guys - if we want you we will find you!

Single guys - if we want you we will find you!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Off on holiday today - but just wanted to leave you with this one!

I see it on couples profiles very frequently and I HATE it!

Frankly I think it's really arrogant!

It implies that they're superior to the single guys.

It implies that all single guys are waiting around in the desperate hope that said couples (and women who put the comment on their profile) will eventually contact them!

It implies that the power is all with the couple/woman - and that the guy should be grateful/compliant if they want him - whether they are drop dead gorgeous or look like beached seals!

It implies that single guys are some kind of sex toy to be used on a whim and sent away again!

Right - I've finished my rant now! You've probably gathered in a fan of equality - and just because men are disproportionately represented it doesn't give any of us the right to treat them badly or infer that they are less vital to fab/swinging than the couples or fems!

Without men you'd lose most of the single bi-curious fems on here - myself included!

Feel free to lambast me in any way - I can take it!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have a good holiday!

all about supply and demand I guess, to avoid being inundated with men. At least that way they can flag if they're interested then the single guy still has the prerogative to decline their advances.

I can sort of see where they're coming from if they get the sheer volume of messages from men that I understand the ladies and couples on here get. But I can see where you're coming from too.

Oh, have a great holiday! Hope you have a relaxing time!

There's not as many quality single men as you think. We're glad of those we've met and played with. We filter them out at the moment though but got some good guys on our friends list we look forward to fun with.

" I can take it!! "

So I've heard!

You're right op, as a single male I do come across this on profiles, couples mainly, occasionally a single female.

Is it arrogant? It could be described that way. But there are many arrogant people on fab, singles and couples.

It acts as another filter.

I see it a lot, and I just leave them be, no skin off my nose.

I get friend requests of single women that I have never spoke to and I find that a bit rich, as if I did the same I would prob get grief for it.

Let's face it, everyone uses FAB for their own gain, just that some people do it in a more pleasant way ))

By *lueAlMan  over a year ago

East London, Central line - 10 mins away

I agree it implies that they have power over us singles, and the sad thing is that it's true.

It's supply and demand. They have what we want, and they chose when we get it. Perhaps it could be stated differently. Although I recognise that some couples must get inundated with single guys requests/comments. Ho hum.

Have a good holiday, I go on mine in a weeks time. Hooray.

"Off on holiday today - but just wanted to leave you with this one!

It implies that all single guys are waiting around in the desperate hope that said couples (and women who put the comment on their profile) will eventually contact them!

It implies that the power is all with the couple/woman - and that the guy should be grateful/compliant if they want him - whether they are drop dead gorgeous or look like beached seals!

It implies that single guys are some kind of sex toy to be used on a whim and sent away again!

Right - I've finished my rant now! You've probably gathered in a fan of equality - and just because men are disproportionately represented it doesn't give any of us the right to treat them badly or infer that they are less vital to fab/swinging than the couples or fems!

Without men you'd lose most of the single bi-curious fems on here - myself included!

Feel free to lambast me in any way - I can take it!! "

well said

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Blimey! .

We don't have it on our profile.

I think it's a bit rich you accusing other people of arrogance while you're lecturing them on fab etiquette .

Have a great holiday and I hope you only get lambasted if you really want to

I praise you for your courage in writing that and yes it does feel as if couples and single women have the power to choose who they want to play with.

But the reason they do so is because this site's ratio of men is suprisingly soo much more to women and couples.

It's the fact that most men think this site is a "easy lead" to pulling on whoever seeks to have fun, they think they don't have to "work so hard" to impress when actually they all begin to wonder whey they don't get much responses in their messages they send out.

If this site was known to have much fewer men, then most women and couples would reply more easily to them.

So I don't fully blame women and couples in general but it would be nice to atleast send one short reply to say they are not intrested (even though they get a dozen thousand messages a peace)

I only ever get what I would describe as hassle or grief from couples.

The sense of entitlement and/or expectation is very unattractive.

I even got a single line message with the postcode of one couple this week.

I tend to agree with you OP. It is rather arrogant. I think it can probably be put nicer.

At the same time, though, the number of messages that get received from single guys can be overwhelming sometimes. So for those who are looking for single guys, but don't want a ton of messages a day, I guess it seems like a good option to them? Would it be better if they didn't say it, but instead mass deleted messages that they do get from single men (which most people here defend)?

-Courtney

Truth is people will pander to them and when they come looking! only a few guys will say no on principle.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I tend to agree with you OP. It is rather arrogant. I think it can probably be put nicer.

At the same time, though, the number of messages that get received from single guys can be overwhelming sometimes. So for those who are looking for single guys, but don't want a ton of messages a day, I guess it seems like a good option to them? Would it be better if they didn't say it, but instead mass deleted messages that they do get from single men (which most people here defend)?

-Courtney"

Or instead of actually writing it just block all single men and quietly went about finding them. Would that be less arrogant I wonder?

Like you I support single men but also support the right of people to write a profile that reflects their experience and requirements.

"I tend to agree with you OP. It is rather arrogant. I think it can probably be put nicer.

-Courtney

Or instead of actually writing it just block all single men and quietly went about finding them. Would that be less arrogant I wonder?

Like you I support single men but also support the right of people to write a profile that reflects their experience and requirements."

[Removed by poster at 28/08/15 10:27:09]

Much easier just to refuse messages from single men.

We don't really want them so that's what we do.

We did want to meet bi men but due to so many straight single guys seemingly being unable to read a simple sentence in our profile we had to block all men.

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

I prefer it being said but it dosnt stop the men from contacting them as a number of people just dont read the profiles in the first place

however you can fab there pics as it just might cause an interest in you even if you dont send a pm to them

I respect the single guys with pics on there profile face pics I mean I will always reply to them even if I don't fancy them better them than all the dickheads who pretend on here ie married and cheating or even worse pic collectors well done you single verified guys x

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I think the phrase is too cliche'd, but that's true of so much profile content.

Women having the power is undeniable, and personally speaking, preferable.

OP THANKS.Your rant has made my morning and cheered me up. Yes not wanting a single guy is a choice and a right to chose, but some couples and single woman talk about SGs as if they are lepers or a low-life. Each to there own is the watch word.

In my experience I met a number of couples who went to a Club Friday FOR the single guys...

"I prefer it being said but it dosnt stop the men from contacting them as a number of people just dont read the profiles in the first place "

Some of the men read profiles and really work hard to tailor their messages to suite each lady and couple but the majority who don't read are the ones who seem to think of women in a lesser regard by sending a quick one liner and dick pic just because they are desperate. Really pisses me off, as these foolish guys are ruining the experience for us who really try hard.

"however you can fab there pics as it just might cause an interest in you even if you dont send a pm to them "

Although it may be good way to show your appreciation to the girl, it's just a door way for them to the "dark world of pride". Most women and couples still appreciate a nicely thought message reflecting back to their profile in careful and good written grammar.

Have to say, when single women and couples come to clubs and socials, they tend to be abit less picky as its their night to play and don't want any disappointment, even though you often find more men then women being at these places.

I guess it's to do with the real life interaction and more of the required need to be polite to interact.

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

Personally, I just see it as "we're not looking for single guys at the moment. When we are, we prefer to do the looking ourselves rather than having our inbox well and truly rogered by guys we're not interested in".

It's no more arrogant than your "No average Joes. Must be young, attractive, fit and well hung", etc etc...

surely the men still take no notice of this on peoples profiles and just message anyway thats the impression i get from most of the women and cpls comments ... and before ya say it im not one of those who still messages ppl when they dont want men to

Thank you op, it is something that has put me off seeking meets somewhat because I don't want to feel completely powerless to someone else's whims, and that's exactly what that little sentence brings in terms of emotional content.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't have the right to express their opinions, because that is tipping the table in a direction it shouldn't go, but it's hard to feel human when you feel like a toy.

There's a lot of interesting feedback on this thread with points supporting and opposing the practice, however, I get the feeling that, like posts on guys who can't read profiles, this thread is unlikely to reach the people it is intended for.

As a single male, it's nice to know someone other than a single male understands what it's like. Especially if we're terrible at working out how to approach the topics

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

"I prefer it being said but it dosnt stop the men from contacting them as a number of people just dont read the profiles in the first place

Some of the men read profiles and really work hard to tailor their messages to suite each lady and couple but the majority who don't read are the ones who seem to think of women in a lesser regard by sending a quick one liner and dick pic just because they are desperate. Really pisses me off, as these foolish guys are ruining the experience for us who really try hard.

however you can fab there pics as it just might cause an interest in you even if you dont send a pm to them

Although it may be good way to show your appreciation to the girl, it's just a door way for them to the "dark world of pride". Most women and couples still appreciate a nicely thought message reflecting back to their profile in careful and good written grammar."

some couples add it in there profile not to be contacted by single men

or they can use the block single men

either way is it the single mens right to ignore that they dont want to be contacted by them by a careful and good written grammer message to them

I think the OP makes a valid point...especially when its typed in capitals...if these couples or single women dont want messages from single guys the easiest solution is to filter them out...i do wonder sometimes why they dont...then have a rant about how many messages there receiving...one thing that springs to my mind..is ATTENTION

By *aisy_and_DukeCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"Personally, I just see it as "we're not looking for single guys at the moment. When we are, we prefer to do the looking ourselves rather than having our inbox well and truly rogered by guys we're not interested in".

It's no more arrogant than your "No average Joes. Must be young, attractive, fit and well hung", etc etc..."

As a couple who have the OP's 'hated' statement on our profile and who have been on this site for a good few years I totally disagree with the post!

We are inundated with single guys messaging for meets, and when we post a status/meet notice/meet today it quadruples. The majority do not read our (admittedly long) profile or preferences and message regardless. The first paragraph saves them the effort (if they do indeed bother to make any). And unfortunately many single males are fantasists and timewasters who frankly aren't worth our time and effort.

Why should we block all single guys when occasionally we might want to meet one? And why is the OP so bothered about what couples put on their profiles...or is it just single females who are allowed to be choosy and big themselves up??

Having standards neither arrogant nor a power game, and how on earth does not wanting to meet every Tom Dick and Harry on the site equate to treating single guys badly or as an inferior species? We certainly don't need this site to boost our egos...the same can't be said of everyone on here, male and female. Pot...kettle...black springs to mind lol!

"Personally, I just see it as "we're not looking for single guys at the moment. When we are, we prefer to do the looking ourselves rather than having our inbox well and truly rogered by guys we're not interested in".

It's no more arrogant than your "No average Joes. Must be young, attractive, fit and well hung", etc etc...

As a couple who have the OP's 'hated' statement on our profile and who have been on this site for a good few years I totally disagree with the post!

We are inundated with single guys messaging for meets, and when we post a status/meet notice/meet today it quadruples. The majority do not read our (admittedly long) profile or preferences and message regardless. The first paragraph saves them the effort (if they do indeed bother to make any). And unfortunately many single males are fantasists and timewasters who frankly aren't worth our time and effort.

Why should we block all single guys when occasionally we might want to meet one? And why is the OP so bothered about what couples put on their profiles...or is it just single females who are allowed to be choosy and big themselves up??

Having standards neither arrogant nor a power game, and how on earth does not wanting to meet every Tom Dick and Harry on the site equate to treating single guys badly or as an inferior species? We certainly don't need this site to boost our egos...the same can't be said of everyone on here, male and female. Pot...kettle...black springs to mind lol! "

Then you contact them...like i said easy especially if your getting lots of messages

Blackpool

Having standards neither arrogant nor a power game, and how on earth does not wanting to meet every Tom Dick and Harry on the site equate to treating single guys badly or as an inferior species? We certainly don't need this site to boost our egos...the same can't be said of everyone on here, male and female. Pot...kettle...black springs to mind lol!

Then you contact them...like i said easy especially if your getting lots of messages "

Which is exactly what we do...as it says in the opening line of our profile!! Oh and it's in shouty capitals because most men don't/can't read literate profiles with words of more than 2 syllables

Then you contact them...like i said easy especially if your getting lots of messages

Which is exactly what we do...as it says in the opening line of our profile!! Oh and it's in shouty capitals because most men don't/can't read literate profiles with words of more than 2 syllables

"

Then my advice still would be block single males from contacting you if your inundated with messages when you post a meet and search for them yourselves

There really is no need for it. Just block single guys. You can still search for them and any you have messaged can still get in touch with you.

"There really is no need for it. Just block single guys. You can still search for them and any you have messaged can still get in touch with you."

Err... Can't say it's ever fussed me.

I read that I just go on and message someone else.

Like anything, fab is only as frustrating as you let it be.

It's like going in a Sweet shop and getting annoyed because you don't like cherry drops.

Pick something else, there's plenty of other folk about

Blackpool

"Then my advice still would be block single males from contacting you if your inundated with messages when you post a meet and search for them yourselves "

Thank you but we weren't asking for advice from a single guy on how to run our profile...we've managed very successfully all by ourselves and I'm sure we'll continue to do so!

"Then my advice still would be block single males from contacting you if your inundated with messages when you post a meet and search for them yourselves

Thank you but we weren't asking for advice from a single guy on how to run our profile...we've managed very successfully all by ourselves and I'm sure we'll continue to do so!

"

You gave your view..i gave mine...and a prime example of what the OP is saying

Looking For

Not looking for single guys

Couples (MF) Women

Aged from 18 to 30 only

Won't meet smokers

"Then my advice still would be block single males from contacting you if your inundated with messages when you post a meet and search for them yourselves

"

Delightful.

'most men don't/can't read literate profiles with words of more than 2 syllables'

Seriously, you need to climb out of your own arse and engage your brain if you really believe the above comment. Personally, I take no offence to anyone's choice to stipulate that they'll find people if they're interested. I do take issue to the suggestion that 'most men' are mentally inferior to yourselves, arrogance is such a turn off.

"'most men don't/can't read literate profiles with words of more than 2 syllables'

Seriously, you need to climb out of your own arse and engage your brain if you really believe the above comment. Personally, I take no offence to anyone's choice to stipulate that they'll find people if they're interested. I do take issue to the suggestion that 'most men' are mentally inferior to yourselves, arrogance is such a turn off.

"

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"

I praise you for your courage in writing that and yes it does feel as if couples and single women have the power to choose who they want to play with. "

everyone here has the power to choose who they play with.

I wouldn't want someone else to choose who I play with.

Blackpool

"'most men don't/can't read literate profiles with words of more than 2 syllables'

Seriously, you need to climb out of your own arse and engage your brain if you really believe the above comment. Personally, I take no offence to anyone's choice to stipulate that they'll find people if they're interested. I do take issue to the suggestion that 'most men' are mentally inferior to yourselves, arrogance is such a turn off"

Perhaps if you saw some of the illiterate/offensive/foul/disgusting messages women and couples receive from your gender you would think differently. And there really is no need for abuse is there?

I really couldn't care less what others write on their profile. If it's something that offends me I'll block or ignore them. If they are too short or contain nothing, I'll ignore them. If they have no/shit pics I'll ignore them. If their text is dull/a long list of requirements I won't bother reading it all and I'll ignore them. I don't have time to get wound up over the way others want to represent themselves. Crack on all, do whatever works for you, I say.

Blackpool

Looking For

Couples (MF) Women

Aged from 18 to 30 only

Won't meet smokers

"

Are you telling us now what to put as our preferences??

Looking For

Couples (MF) Women

Aged from 18 to 30 only

Won't meet smokers

Are you telling us now what to put as our preferences??"

Nope showing you how easy it is how NOT to get disgusting messages from single guys

Seriously, you need to climb out of your own arse and engage your brain if you really believe the above comment. Personally, I take no offence to anyone's choice to stipulate that they'll find people if they're interested. I do take issue to the suggestion that 'most men' are mentally inferior to yourselves, arrogance is such a turn off

Perhaps if you saw some of the illiterate/offensive/foul/disgusting messages women and couples receive from your gender you would think differently. And there really is no need for abuse is there?"

I think you'll find suggesting one gender is illiterate constitutes abuse, and sexist abuse at that. Unfortunately, by the very nature of this site, if you choose to receive messages from people there is going to be good and bad, if you live by the sword you should be prepared to die by the sword.

Herts

"Err... Can't say it's ever fussed me.

I read that I just go on and message someone else.

Like anything, fab is only as frustrating as you let it be.

It's like going in a Sweet shop and getting annoyed because you don't like cherry drops.

Pick something else, there's plenty of other folk about "

By *CoastFunMan  over a year ago

Southampron

I don't let this one get to me. Even when a couple or single female views my profile and I think I quite like the look of them if their profile says not looking for single men I won't message them. If they were interested they'd have messaged me so no point me wasting my time trying anything.

If I was a single guy and saw that on a profile I would take it to mean DON'T message them but add them to my hotlist in case they indicate they are looking for guys, or maybe send them a wink to let them know when it happens, I'd be interested.

I'm guessing its usually written in capitals to highlight it to anyone bothering to skim over the text of the profile. Side note, beginning to think the text should come at the top and the pictures at the bottom to avoid the whole "hasn't even seen the profile" thing

I think generally it's the male part of the couple who actually want to play with women and jealous of seeing his mrs with other guys

Feel free to lambast me in any way - I can take it!!

I think generally it's the male part of the couple who actually want to play with women and jealous of seeing his mrs with other guys "

I cam confirm: no. We don't have this on our profile, but I very much enjoy playing with other men and Marc enjoys sharing me. He likes playing with other women too, but it is definitely not one sided.

I think couples put this up because of all the messages from single men. And that's all. It may not be tactful. But it's not outlandish either.

-Courtney

"I think the OP makes a valid point...especially when its typed in capitals...if these couples or single women dont want messages from single guys the easiest solution is to filter them out...i do wonder sometimes why they dont...then have a rant about how many messages there receiving...one thing that springs to my mind..is ATTENTION "

This

They continue to write status updates with "not looking to meet right now" can't single guys read" if they blocked/filtered single guys they wouldn't have a problem.

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

It's no more arrogant than your "No average Joes. Must be young, attractive, fit and well hung", etc etc..."

This

On our profile it says something like..while we meet single men, we prefer to do the searching and make first contact ourselves.

Simply because we know what we are looking for and its better than having lots of messages from those that aren't of interest. Plus, I like searching its all part of the fun for me.

Not because we think they should be grateful or we are better than them. I'd say around half of the men we message, either ignore or reject us and that's fine.

Enjoy your holiday OP.

-Courtney

Like you I support single men but also support the right of people to write a profile that reflects their experience and requirements."

Then you get the people whinging on the forums though that profiles say they're looking for men but men can't contact them.

What I hate more than this though, to be honest, is guys who say 'I'm really bisexual, I just say I'm straight so that I don't get loads of men emailing me'. And I always reply 'yeah. sometimes I wish I'd set my profile to lesbian so I don't get loads of men emailing me'. That usually makes the point. Some of them are too dense to get it though.

some thread this.... as a single male I take everything with a pinch of salt... and if some ones looking for something specific then so be it... I enjoy playing with couples (straight) but I do agree that some guys ruin it for the rest of the single guys on this site.... so I can see why some couples have there preferences set that way...

A genuine Guy xx

All the single guys can message me, as long as they got a thick long cock I'm greedy

"All the single guys can message me, as long as they got a thick long cock I'm greedy"

No asians so not all single guys!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

-Courtney

Like you I support single men but also support the right of people to write a profile that reflects their experience and requirements.

Then you get the people whinging on the forums though that profiles say they're looking for men but men can't contact them.

What I hate more than this though, to be honest, is guys who say 'I'm really bisexual, I just say I'm straight so that I don't get loads of men emailing me'. And I always reply 'yeah. sometimes I wish I'd set my profile to lesbian so I don't get loads of men emailing me'. That usually makes the point. Some of them are too dense to get it though."

Let's face it someone, somewhere will always complain about one or another aspect of profiles, messages, responses to messages, blocking, winking, age, colour, height, size.....

The ones with the lowest blood pressure just amble about concentrating on the good bits

If you don't want single guys messaging just use the filter buttons easy don't have to state the obvious

"All the single guys can message me, as long as they got a thick long cock I'm greedy

No asians so not all single guys!"

Bad experience so my personal preference

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

I don't really get why it would bother anyone seeing this on a profile - then again I can't understand why anything on anyone's profile would wind someone up.

We love single guys, and play with them a lot more than others, but I don't see anything wrong with saying "we'll find you" - I just see that as saying "yeah we may at some point or if the mood takes us".

Maybe I'm just one of the few people who actually are very easy going...;-)

Live And let live.

D

"I think the OP makes a valid point...especially when its typed in capitals...if these couples or single women dont want messages from single guys the easiest solution is to filter them out...i do wonder sometimes why they dont...then have a rant about how many messages there receiving...one thing that springs to my mind..is ATTENTION "

Totally agree with this. We have opted to filter out single guys only because it isn't what we are looking for and we wouldn't want to waste anyones time

If you look at my profile in it's entirety you'd see that it's balanced! I only ask from men what I offer in return - some degree of looks, taking care of ones physique, and a fun, intelligent personality. I also point out that I'm 'fussy' but I'd prefer the guy contacting me to be fussy too - ie I need there to be a mutual attraction!

Also - in the words of bananarama and fun boy three - 'it ain't what you say it's the way that you say it'!

I lost my wants nicely, I infer at the bottom that if I don't get back to them it's not them - it's my fault for being a fussy bugger! At clubs and parties - and often online - I chat to people whether I'm sexually attracted to people or not!

It's entirely possible to get your wishes across without being arrogant, demanding or unpleasant!

A couple earlier mentioned the number of 'nasty' messages that couples and single fems get. I can honestly say that I very rarely get them - and I think it's because my profile is a friendly one - even though I have definite preferences!

Btw - anyone at butlins Skegness??

"I don't really get why it would bother anyone seeing this on a profile - then again I can't understand why anything on anyone's profile would wind someone up.

We love single guys, and play with them a lot more than others, but I don't see anything wrong with saying "we'll find you" - I just see that as saying "yeah we may at some point or if the mood takes us".

Maybe I'm just one of the few people who actually are very easy going...;-)

Live And let live.

D"

Herts

If you look at my profile in it's entirety you'd see that it's balanced! I only ask from men what I offer in return - some degree of looks, taking care of ones physique, and a fun, intelligent personality. I also point out that I'm 'fussy' but I'd prefer the guy contacting me to be fussy too - ie I need there to be a mutual attraction!

Also - in the words of bananarama and fun boy three - 'it ain't what you say it's the way that you say it'!

I lost my wants nicely, I infer at the bottom that if I don't get back to them it's not them - it's my fault for being a fussy bugger! At clubs and parties - and often online - I chat to people whether I'm sexually attracted to people or not!

It's entirely possible to get your wishes across without being arrogant, demanding or unpleasant!

A couple earlier mentioned the number of 'nasty' messages that couples and single fems get. I can honestly say that I very rarely get them - and I think it's because my profile is a friendly one - even though I have definite preferences!

Btw - anyone at butlins Skegness?? "

Don't get me wrong, I, personally, would block all single men rather than putting it on our profile and expecting others to respect our wishes (as I don't expect anything from anyone on this site), but I still don't see how it is an arrogant statement.

As I saod, it may not seem it to you, but your profile could be taken as just as arrogant in what you're asking for vs what you're offering (as everyone's definition of "attractive" is different).

Btw - anyone at butlins Skegness?? "

Not far away you fussy bugger..and yes you are friendly we have spoken at a club on occasions in the past...enjoy Butlins

[Removed by poster at 28/08/15 17:55:16]

They wouldn't block single women, cos there hardly are non lol.

Lol like what he said , init (I know 'init' ; two syllables! I must be having a good day! )I promise I'll only speak in grunts and uggs the rest of the night

"

-Courtney

I agree, but blocking guys and going looking doesn't give them the same ego trip.

The OP wasn't telling people what to have on their profiles, just stating her opinion that certain profiles/ people are rude.

I agree with the OP.

Is being lambasted the welsh equivalent of spitroasted ?

Tbh I've sympathy with the op's point of view.

If I want to be a sex toy then it'll be on my own terms

"

Further up the thread you said your shouty capitals message wasn't working at all. He was suggesting a different way that people know works really well.

I really like this girl (op) lol

We agree totally with the op

Blackpool

Further up the thread you said your shouty capitals message wasn't working at all. He was suggesting a different way that people know works really well. "

Didn't say it wasn't working as we have no problem ignoring, deleting and reporting messages where necessary...if we wanted to block single males we would. It was simply defending our right to put whatever we wanted on our profile without single females and a males telling us that we're arrogant and offensive for daring being choosy. And coming from the OP a tad hypocritical too

I receive more 'arrogant' type emails from couples generally, but I just deal with them as I should!

Good thread PP, enjoy the break

"There's not as many quality single men as you think. We're glad of those we've met and played with. We filter them out at the moment though but got some good guys on our friends list we look forward to fun with."

There's probably more than you think.

-Courtney"

Block single guys and look for themselves is the easier option.

"Truth is people will pander to them and when they come looking! only a few guys will say no on principle. "

I would Base it on whether I liked them. I find it a bit arrogant but I wouldn't allow it to block me from meeting them.

-Courtney

Block single guys and look for themselves is the easier option."

I understand its easier....I just think people should be able to put what they want. I never thought it sounded that mean, but I guess lots of guys do. So I stand corrected.

-Courtney

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

It does not bother me. At least they have the decency to let people know that they do the selection. I also think that it is a much more efficient use of members time as you know not to contact them ..

Members are entitled to be selective and pick and choose.

By *huramMan  over a year ago

London

They don't want to block single guy because they actually want to receive messages from single guys, which then allows them to complain about receiving messages from single guys.

-Courtney

I understand its easier....I just think people should be able to put what they want. I never thought it sounded that mean, but I guess lots of guys do. So I stand corrected.

-Courtney"

Well yes and no. Just because I dont like it and I've suggested and alternative doesn't mean that they shouldn't put it. Would be more arrogant of me to think that.

"They don't want to block single guy because they actually want to receive messages from single guys, which then allows them to complain about receiving messages from single guys."

doesnt really bother me to be honest..

though I think a high percentage of these profiles often look theyve been written from the male half anyway...and probably managed quite a bit by him too.

which is funny sometime when I get friends requests etc..no communication or chat..from the very same profiles that often exclude single males...I wonder...is it just top perv other people in my pics..fucking right it is..and I bet the wife never even laid eyes on the profile..

*I'm never anti-couples, but I am anti-arsehole couples.

Blackpool

-Courtney

-Courtney"

It's not mean...there is absolutely nothing wrong with putting your preferences out there for all to read, and then leave it up to the indivudual to decide if the want to message. And it's far less impolite than inviting all messages then ignoring loads because you're 'a fussy bugger'

[Removed by poster at 28/08/15 19:37:05]

I totally agree...where i am in northern ireland its very hard to find single men...in my experience its mostly attached/married men...

So i big up the single males..i just wish there were more genuine ones about...viv.

Sorry my post was meant for the OP..

We don't have it in our profile but it makes perfect sense to have it. Who cares if it sounds arrogant, said single man can then leave their profile and look elsewhere.

I'm a single guy happy to be found. Lol

I think it deoends also in the context its written in. If the profile is upbeat & friendly I hardly think a little caveat at the bottom is being mean.

I've put on mine 'not looking for anyone new' but haven't set filters because I keep them open for chats on here.

And to be perfectly honest 1. I don't moan about messages & 2. No one really pays much attention to it anyway.

By *oBananas78Couple  over a year ago

London

I don't really see what the big deal is, I suppose some people are more sensitive than others to actually be bothered by something like this

We sometimes like to meet with single guys but do not have that criteria always turned on as it can create a jammed inbox, naturally there are more men on swingers sites than couples and single ladies put together, so given that it's already a challenge to sort through and find a profile that you like or a like minded swinger not some randy 16 yo jacking off who has no intention of meeting I guess those couples like to post a message so people know they do enjoy meeting single guys but they don't want to be bombarded by 50 messages a day.

Live and let live you will get over this I'm sure....

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

I don't find it at all degrading or demeaning , just clear and concise, it saves time, and is quite acceptable if taken at face value.

There's no need to read an arrogant attitude into the use of it as far as I can see.

"We don't have it in our profile but it makes perfect sense to have it. Who cares if it sounds arrogant, said single man can then leave their profile and look elsewhere. "

No one cares if it sounds arrogant. Just having a discussion about it as you do.

I wonder how many single men have COUPLES,COME AND GET ME! on their profiles.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

Oo-err

I think we may have a variation of this on our profile. Never even considered that it might be arrogant, we just thought it was an honest reflection of the fact that generally we aren't looking for single men, but sometimes we do.

It's truly a mine-field on here, perhaps SJ should just give us all one standard profile so we don't have to make such glaring faux-pas!

(Though I'm sure I've seen the advice "set your filters and so the searching yourself" on here before somewhere...)

Mr ddc

"Oo-err

I think we may have a variation of this on our profile. Never even considered that it might be arrogant, we just thought it was an honest reflection of the fact that generally we aren't looking for single men, but sometimes we do.

It's truly a mine-field on here, perhaps SJ should just give us all one standard profile so we don't have to make such glaring faux-pas!

(Though I'm sure I've seen the advice "set your filters and so the searching yourself" on here before somewhere...)

Mr ddc"

Don't sweat it Mr ddc, your profile is much less harsh than the ones I believe op is talking about, and actually gives a relaxed feel to your approach in the matter

By *acLe0dMan  over a year ago

Preston

Well as with anything there are two sides to the coind, on one side they are simply being honest about what they are looking for, Nothing really wrong with that. Of course in some cases they could simply Have Not looking for single guys at the bottom of the page.

At the end of the day you've just move onto the next profile.

By *igSuki81Man  over a year ago

Retirement Village

It also implies that they may play with single guys but will make the effort to find them

Enjoy your holiday

This makes me very happy

From our experience can write what you want on your profile however without setting filters won't matter if you say you only want to meet green aliens from alpha centuri as most don't bother with getting past your pics before sending a fancy a meet message of various vulgarity.

As a couple who have something along the lines of what the op is suggesting on our profile we have chosen not to block single men... We use men's ability to be able to message us as an additional filter. We do not want to block single men as there are a few hidden gems out there which we could miss out on if we did.

To be fair the men that spend time on the forums are generally the decent ones who know how this site works so are we not all by posting on this thread preaching to the converted....

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

Really didn't understand what the problem is

Short guys - if I want you I will find you

Old guys - if I want you I will find you

Married guys - if I want you I will find you

By *yLongJourneyMan  over a year ago

Lowestoft

You beautiful woman, you have hit the nail on the head straight off and on the bounce

"Oo-err

Mr ddc"

Yours is phrased pretty nicely I think guys! I like your profile! Mines like me - it chats for ever!!

Let's be honest - if the only type of person that you're sexually interested in is a guy from North Korea over 6ft in height weighing 20 stone plus with long dyed blonde hair wearing a dress then you have every right to stipulate that - it's how you put it across - and the way you treat those who don't meet your criteria - that matters I think!

I was brought up by an ardent socialist and union man though - my dad went on a gay rights march once even though to his knowledge he'd never even met a gay person! He just believed in fairness!

I'd like to hope I'm a little like him - though what the heck he's thinking if he's watching me from heaven I've no idea!!

I hate it too let's have them words banned from fab

Its their profiles they can write what they want, just as you can write what you want on yours.

It could also be viewed as arrogance in dictating that they can't include the "we will look for you" comment in their profile

There's a what now?

Well said !

By *ibullMan  over a year ago

swingingcuckville

Hear hear, well said that person..

I think I'm in love marry me op! X

[Removed by poster at 31/08/15 20:27:22]

Well said !

» Add a new message to this topic