FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Within BMI?

Within BMI?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Are there many people within their BMIon here? We have never played with a couple with a perfect BMI. Would love to meet up and play with one. Being a within BMI couple it's a turn on the thought of well balanced BMI against well balanced BMI. Am I on my own here or do other guys and women feel the same?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

" "

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Are there many people within their BMIon here? We have never played with a couple with a perfect BMI. Would love to meet up and play with one. Being a within BMI couple it's a turn on the thought of well balanced BMI against well balanced BMI. Am I on my own here or do other guys and women feel the same? "

BMI can be really deceptive.... you tend to find that most sportsmen tend to be outside the BMI as you tend to have to be freakishly sized to do anything....

for example... rugby players... probably only the scrum half and fly half's are in the BMI... everyone else would be considered obese... like ya to say that to their face though!!

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

I am under mine

For me to be within my BMI, I have to be nothing but skin n bones

Yeah BMI is crap

Bodyfat % is a better measure

"Are there many people within their BMIon here? We have never played with a couple with a perfect BMI. Would love to meet up and play with one. Being a within BMI couple it's a turn on the thought of well balanced BMI against well balanced BMI. Am I on my own here or do other guys and women feel the same? "

bang on me

BMI as mentioned above isn't really accurate if you are a sports person. However for most individuals it is an ok guide.

Fat mass/percentage is a better guide:

http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

The old adage pinch an inch comes to mind.

I do think however most people should be able to go, "yes I am over weight", or "I'm not overweight".

Although women apparently are using the "average" to indicate they are not overweight, when in fact the average is actually over weight!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11811304

Cheers

"BMI as mentioned above isn't really accurate if you are a sports person. However for most individuals it is an ok guide.

I do think however most people should be able to go, "yes I am over weight", or "I'm not overweight".

Although women apparently are using the "average" to indicate they are not overweight, when in fact the average is actually over weight!

Cheers"

and men don't?

"BMI as mentioned above isn't really accurate if you are a sports person. However for most individuals it is an ok guide.

Cheers

and men don't? "

Maybe, but it still doesn't invalidate the fact women do.

I'm not having a go, just stating how it is. YMMV.

I am well within mine but I exercise regularly which many others on here don't seem fit to do.

I'm a regular gym goer, have been since I left school, but I've still got a fair bit of padding.

I'm overweight, but like to think I'm not in too bad shape for an old fooker.

Can still bench 250lbs too

"I am well within mine but I exercise regularly which many others on here don't seem fit to do. "

Yeah I agree. Not that I hate people who are overweight or anything, just I'd like to be/go with someone who is in reasonable shape like myself. Not expecting perfection of course, since I am not!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I am well within mine but I exercise regularly which many others on here don't seem fit to do. "

dangerous thing them assumptions....

funny enough so do i... but I wouldn't fit anywhere near my BMI...

the one thing I wouldn't do is "presume" because there is where I have made more than one person with a "6 pack" look foolish is a sprint... or a long distance run...

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I am well within mine but I exercise regularly which many others on here don't seem fit to do.

Yeah I agree. Not that I hate people who are overweight or anything, just I'd like to be/go with someone who is in reasonable shape like myself. Not expecting perfection of course, since I am not!

"

ooh... another one..... tut tut tut.....

"I am well within mine but I exercise regularly which many others on here don't seem fit to do.

dangerous thing them assumptions....

funny enough so do i... but I wouldn't fit anywhere near my BMI...

the one thing I wouldn't do is "presume" because there is where I have made more than one person with a "6 pack" look foolish is a sprint... or a long distance run... "

Bet I can eat more pies than you

It's not about doing a sprint, although you never know. It's a case of what you find appealing and attractive.

Someone who is heavier+ than me isn't physically appealing to me. (although it may be a fun way to go - crushed to death in bed while having sex ).

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It's not about doing a sprint, although you never know. It's a case of what you find appealing and attractive.

Someone who is heavier+ than me isn't physically appealing to me. (although it may be a fun way to go - crushed to death in bed while having sex ).

"

absolutely... but what I do find quite funny is that people with 6 packs with talk about there 6 packs rather more than larger people will talk about being large

I know I am larger... I know I keep fit... I just laugh at the assumptions people make

I guess because getting a 6 pack is a lot of hard work, so they want to show off.

I should know, lots of hard work and no 6 pack lol.

By *ollie_JCouple  over a year ago

London

The problem with BMI is it doesn't take into account body frame/build etc. That is why the "range" exists. Take myself for example, I'm 5ft4 (and a HALF!!!) and I weigh 8 stone. My BMI is around 19, so lower end of range. However, If i was to put on a further 2.5 stone I would still be within the "heathly" bmi range, albeit at 25 top end. The point I am (badly) trying to make is that the tone of the OP was that to meet "in range" people would be fab, all those lovely svelte bodies. If you met "skinny" me at the moment against 2.5 stone heavier me, but still within my BMI range I think you'd have concrete proof that BMI and body shape are not related too closely...

I'm fat. Good old-fashioned thigh wobbingly, tummy rippling bottom wobbling, fat.

"The problem with BMI is it doesn't take into account body frame/build etc. That is why the "range" exists. Take myself for example, I'm 5ft4 (and a HALF!!!) and I weigh 8 stone. My BMI is around 19, so lower end of range. However, If i was to put on a further 2.5 stone I would still be within the "heathly" bmi range, albeit at 25 top end. The point I am (badly) trying to make is that the tone of the OP was that to meet "in range" people would be fab, all those lovely svelte bodies. If you met "skinny" me at the moment against 2.5 stone heavier me, but still within my BMI range I think you'd have concrete proof that BMI and body shape are not related too closely... "

Yup, this is why a few of us previously said fat mass/percentage is a better indicator.

Anyhow women can carry a bit more weight gracefully than men, it's those hips you see

London

"Yup, this is why a few of us previously said fat mass/percentage is a better indicator."

Yes, I was more elaborating on the "using" the range average to make you feel you were A ok slant.

How is BMI calculated?

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

IQ / shoe size?

BMI is calculated as follows:

weight in kilograms /

height in metres² (that is height*height)

I've had to do some work on this and there are shiftings you do if it is a woman vs a man, child vs adult and so on.

Also body fat percentage is a good indicator but not something you can really check without some equipment. Pitch test callipers, electrical resistance machine etc.

London

"How is BMI calculated?"

Divide the weight by the height squared

So, mines about 31

Am I a fat fucker or what?

Pretty bmi calculator from NHS

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx

Its in flash so a bit slow to load though

mines 22.34 apparently. but then if you take my dick weight into consideration, its 34.56

bloody hell my bmi is 29.6 am fat

You don't need to splash out on fancy gadgets ... there are some excellent pieces of equipment at hand to measure whether or not you're carrying extra or too little weight. They're called eyes and common sense. Theres also a place to chill out and enjoy being yourself it's called the personal comfort zone.... has this world gone mad introducing BMI as an indication of stamina in the bedroom? I go like a train and am a very fast runner and strong as an ox but you wouldn't think it to look at me. BMI means nothing. If your internal organs aren't up to scratch it doesnt matter what outer coating you wear..... look at Cyril Smith who died recently in his 80's in comparison to a lot of very young sportsmen and women who have died at a very young age ... some while taking their BMI I assume...

If I was 6" taller my BMI would be 26.1, so I'm not fat, I'm short

"IQ / shoe size?"

"You don't need to splash out on fancy gadgets ... there are some excellent pieces of equipment at hand to measure whether or not you're carrying extra or too little weight. They're called eyes and common sense. Theres also a place to chill out and enjoy being yourself it's called the personal comfort zone.... has this world gone mad introducing BMI as an indication of stamina in the bedroom? I go like a train and am a very fast runner and strong as an ox but you wouldn't think it to look at me. BMI means nothing. If your internal organs aren't up to scratch it doesnt matter what outer coating you wear..... look at Cyril Smith who died recently in his 80's in comparison to a lot of very young sportsmen and women who have died at a very young age ... some while taking their BMI I assume... "

I generally don't care what people look like in themselves, (although I may not find them attractive of course), each to their own.

The only things that makes me slightly annoyed are (and no I'm not starting a flame war or having a go at someone, just saying what I think):

1 It's my genetic makeup. Less than 1% actually have a genetic reason, unless you call hand-cake-mouth genetic

2 I don't eat much. Fantastic, let's plug you into the national grid for free energy, since you obviously generate free calories from somewhere! (or is that salad with that chocolate cake == no calories!)

3 I can't help myself. I have to avoid certain foods which is hard as I do like them, but have resisted so far for almost 10 years. It's possible, but maybe the pain and pleasure need to be closer together. Hey a punch if you eat something you shouldn't, would work with smoking too!

4 I wonder how many calories of food we over indulge in and throw away, and how many would actually help people who are starving around the world.

If a person says "Yeah I'm overweight" I have a huge amount of respect for them, as I can understand it's not easy.

End of the day, weight is one of the few things we can control about ourselves, unlike hair loss, too short etc etc.

Right, best get the flame retardants on!

I'm within mine but I've never thought of it within the context of playing.

'when mailing please tell us your BMI' doesn't really have a ring to it!

"I'm within mine but I've never thought of it within the context of playing.

'when mailing please tell us your BMI' doesn't really have a ring to it! "

You seem fine from your pictures!

I think I'm like most guys, we don't like women who are stick thin and you can see their ribs; I feel like calling the UN to fly some food out to them. But going the other way I don't want someone who I have to fight for my food over! (Funny story about a mate and his large wife... if they go out anywhere she steels his food! lol).

Anyhow larger women do tend to have large puppies too!

Interesting response ElLongo and I can see why you worry you would be shot down in flames .. as some do live in cloud cuckoo land as to how the extra pounds stuck when they never used to stick! I don't live on fresh air and I know I indulge in far too many empty calories on top of a very healthy diet/appetite Ive always had (got an allotment so 'grow my own') I was in a bad car crash which left me extremely debilitated with a smashed pelvis and broken bones etc., but I got over it with a very nice covering of flesh and a pair of huge knockers as the star prize! Until I realised during this time I'd also hit middle age and gained a slower metabolism and achey joints so do less exercise therefore for a while the covering did get a little thicker! So no, I don't mind saying Im fat but I do mind people thinking I'm too lazy or whatever to 'do something about it'. I stay much the same weight fat as I did when I was thin so the calories in and the exercise out are keeping BMI stable if considered a little too high in medical opinion. I dont really want to cut out the calories I have no motivation to exercise more so this is where I am and I don't really want 'to do anything about it'. If I was told my current BMI was making me ill, then perhaps I would lose some lbs. My cholesterol is 4.8 and I don't have high blood pressure and I've never smoked so according to other stats my heart won't conk out by high BMI alone. I'm more worried about my knees conking out during a heavy session of doggy!

Heh, the dogging comment made me laugh!

Yeah I salute you to having clear vision and common sense!

I realise it's hard for people to admit to having faults and issues, let alone deal with them.

I myself used to be like that, but am now more pragmatic and sanguine after an illness a few years ago.

I'm more like, whatever let's not worry to much and talk about it. Bit like you are supposed to do in relationships, although more likely mood swings, silent treatment and throwing family pets is to ensue!

LOL it says doggy!!!

"LOL it says doggy!!!"

OH erm I'm all sweet and innocent and don't know the difference! :P

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

I'm definately what you might call stocky, but I can pass the British Army combat fitness test (8 miles in 2 hours carrying 15 kilos), and the personal fitness test (1.5 miles timed run, plus minimum number of press ups and sit ups in 4 minutes), plus any assault course they throw at me.... something which many skinnier guys (and gals) struggle with lol!

Fitness cannot be judged by body shape, and funnily enough (for us anyway) neither can sexiness!!!

"LOL it says doggy!!!

OH erm I'm all sweet and innocent and don't know the difference! :P"

Ah well one starts off with a high BMI and the other finishes with a one!!

Not sure what fitness has to do with it all, its like a central heating system, the more radiators you add the more pressure on the pump

"I'm definately what you might call stocky, but I can pass the British Army combat fitness test (8 miles in 2 hours carrying 15 kilos), and the personal fitness test (1.5 miles timed run, plus minimum number of press ups and sit ups in 4 minutes), plus any assault course they throw at me.... something which many skinnier guys (and gals) struggle with lol!

Fitness cannot be judged by body shape, and funnily enough (for us anyway) neither can sexiness!!! "

Snigger.......... You said stocky .... fnarrrrrrrrrr

"LOL it says doggy!!!

OH erm I'm all sweet and innocent and don't know the difference! :P"

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

"LOL it says doggy!!!

OH erm I'm all sweet and innocent and don't know the difference! :P

mmmmmmmmmmmmm "

Well let's say you wouldn't want to get them confused on your CV...

"Not sure what fitness has to do with it all, its like a central heating system, the more radiators you add the more pressure on the pump "

What do you do about air locks and everything has gone cold?

i agree with the poster re sexiness and fun has absolutely nothng to do with BMI..in my honest opinion the sexiest people about are usually not those obsessed with their body image and weight ...and i prefer my guys to be hunky and strong ....but as we all know on here its each to their own we all have a choice to make ...

"Not sure what fitness has to do with it all, its like a central heating system, the more radiators you add the more pressure on the pump

What do you do about air locks and everything has gone cold? "

fanny farts

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"I'm definately what you might call stocky, but I can pass the British Army combat fitness test (8 miles in 2 hours carrying 15 kilos), and the personal fitness test (1.5 miles timed run, plus minimum number of press ups and sit ups in 4 minutes), plus any assault course they throw at me.... something which many skinnier guys (and gals) struggle with lol!

Fitness cannot be judged by body shape, and funnily enough (for us anyway) neither can sexiness!!!

Snigger.......... You said stocky .... fnarrrrrrrrrr "

Erm.....???

My BMI is 21, but anything between 18.5 to 25 is acceptable for my height and age.

I don't do any exercise except walk the dogs, I smoke drink and eat what I like. My cholesterol, blood pressure are all well within 'healthy' guidelines. I'm lucky that my mother passed on good genes, and I think that is the answer to most peoples size shape weight etc. it's hereditary.

So why worry, there really is someone out there for everyone.

I feel those who are comfortable in their own skin and show it through their self confidence are sexier and more appealing thank any who are constantly striving to be the 'body beautiful'

Give me a confident curvy self-loving sexy person any day.

A mischievous look and a happy smile attract me long before I check out the body size!

lol, just done that test on the website, and got told i'm in the category Protein-calorie malnutrition.

Does that mean i can eat more at christmas time?

Yeah I guess it means more stuffing for you... and then there is the food

"lol, just done that test on the website, and got told i'm in the category Protein-calorie malnutrition.

Does that mean i can eat more at christmas time?"

Lots of protein drinks....

Actually carbs will help you put on weight as the body doesn't register as full as easily unlike protein which is why the atkins diet works.

Oh I see what you did there. protein "drinks" Although I actually specialise in protein shakes

Actually, weight isn't always something that can be controlled. There are conditions which make weight loss extremely difficult.

My BMI is 23- so technically within the range- yet apparently, I'm a stone overweight according to the Doc- make yer minds up!

Yeah there are, water retention, cadburys, steriods, McDonald's.

I kid, but there are some people who have such [medial] problems, most are just absorbing more calories than burned.

Actually calorie consumption is about that what it was in the early part of the 20th century, but we lead far more sedentary lives so end up fatter.

Speaking of which I'm off to the gym now.

Toodle pip.

"

Lots of protein drinks.... "

If only they were strawberry flavoured and i'd have them all day

"

If only they were strawberry flavoured and i'd have them all day "

Banana ones are good too!

"Actually, weight isn't always something that can be controlled. There are conditions which make weight loss extremely difficult."

totally understand this and sympathyse, my mum has a major problem with her thyroid, she is going to have to be on medication for it for the rest of her life, and it totally screws with her body

"

If only they were strawberry flavoured and i'd have them all day "

This is where the cliche'd male response is

"mine is strawberry flavoured, actually...."

"

Banana ones are good too! "

now if i didnt know better, i would think your trying to lead my astray with all your talk of long yummy bananas!

"

Banana ones are good too!

now if i didnt know better, i would think your trying to lead my astray with all your talk of long yummy bananas! "

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

i prefer to travel with monarch xx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

do excuse me here....and i'm not being a fatty up in arms about this - play with whom ever you see fit and all that but that is the oddest selction criteria ever lol

just play with who you think is sexy!!!

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

BMI 30 - would prefer to be a few pounds lighter, but have fun that now I'm swimming 3 or 4 times a week the tone is coming back, but the weight is not falling off.

Am in the US at the moment and feel ultra slim over here, 44 inch waists for guys seem to be common. Have held my 3 waist for some 15 years now.

My problem with BMI is strong legs from lots of cycling when younger, and army time broadening my shoulders, due to the assault courses and weight you end up carrying around.

In terms of swinging, judging by figures alone is not enough.

East Grinstead

BMI 30 - would prefer to be a few pounds lighter, but have fun that now I'm swimming 3 or 4 times a week the tone is coming back, but the weight is not falling off.

Am in the US at the moment and feel ultra slim over here, 44 inch waists for guys seem to be common. Have held my 3 waist for some 15 years now.

My problem with BMI is strong legs from lots of cycling when younger, and army time broadening my shoulders, due to the assault courses and weight you end up carrying around.

East Grinstead

"do excuse me here....and i'm not being a fatty up in arms about this - play with whom ever you see fit and all that but that is the oddest selction criteria ever lol

"

Nope.

evesham

"do excuse me here....and i'm not being a fatty up in arms about this - play with whom ever you see fit and all that but that is the oddest selction criteria ever lol

Nope."

nope what???

"IQ / shoe size?"

Yoiks!! How low is yours?

Actually I thought this thread was going to be about cheap

Winter holidays...

"IQ / shoe size?

Winter holidays... "

baby .........

"IQ / shoe size?

Winter holidays... "

baby .........

Nope.

nope what??? "

Not the oddest criteria.

"IQ / shoe size?

"

20.58 based on that.

evesham

Nope.

nope what???

Not the oddest criteria."

what is then?

Nope.

nope what???

Not the oddest criteria."

Nice save...

"IQ / shoe size?

20.58 based on that."

28.5 for me which is probably close to my bmi !!!

"IQ / shoe size?

20.58 based on that."

Then you got tiny feet...

Nope.

nope what???

Not the oddest criteria.

what is then?"

See thread "random selection criteria"

"Then you got tiny feet..."

and matching cock.

"Then you got tiny feet...

and matching cock."

Get back on the tatoo thread and tell her, from me, you arent that slow...

» Add a new message to this topic