FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Ignoring the male half of a cpl

Ignoring the male half of a cpl

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it just me n my partner who have experienced this or is it common place?

Why is that so many on here seem to totally ignore the male half of a couple?

Surely if you want to play with the lady or cpl you should show consideration for the male and try to connect with him as well and not try and circumvent him or quite frankly act like he doesn't exist.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

" Is it just me n my partner who have experienced this or is it common place?

Surely if you want to play with the lady or cpl you should show consideration for the male and try to connect with him as well and not try and circumvent him or quite frankly act like he doesn't exist."

Yup, I get that alot on my couples preference.

Which is kind of weird*, since we specify on the couples profile that we're after more male/male interaction than anything else.

*Not weird, totally expected.

According to your profile pics.... he doesn't x

I 100% agree with your comment

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Sometimes I'm as much interested in Mr as I am Mrs so I don't ignore.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I generally find that a lot of couples profiles don't give the male half adequate airtime on profiles so I can kind of understand why that happens. When you find a profile that has a couple with equal pics and blurb about each partner it's a total bonus.

No we never had that, ever. Men and couples always addressed us both equally.

By *ummersun99Woman  over a year ago

North Yorkshire by the Sea

"I generally find that a lot of couples profiles don't give the male half adequate airtime on profiles so I can kind of understand why that happens. When you find a profile that has a couple with equal pics and blurb about each partner it's a total bonus. "

Edinburgh

"According to your profile pics.... he doesn't x"

The lady wasn't asking for profile critique though.

That's coz admin change my status hun from single lady our cpls profile is norsemannhellkat and I name it on this profile

Well excuse me... the op has posted with a couples profile which only shows pics of the female and then asks why the male gets ignored... I guess I should understand that the simplest answer isn't always the best.

Do a social first, if this happens a lot, make sure everyone "connects" that's my advice.

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Newton Stewart

Surely if you want to play with the lady or cpl you should show consideration for the male and try to connect with him as well and not try and circumvent him or quite frankly act like he doesn't exist."

Yes, irritating. We now just delete any messages that ignore MrDG

Surely if you want to play with the lady or cpl you should show consideration for the male and try to connect with him as well and not try and circumvent him or quite frankly act like he doesn't exist.

Yes, irritating. We now just delete any messages that ignore MrDG"

nice tits!

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

"I generally find that a lot of couples profiles don't give the male half adequate airtime on profiles so I can kind of understand why that happens. When you find a profile that has a couple with equal pics and blurb about each partner it's a total bonus. "

Dg bloody hell thats first time I have agreed with you in years

well thank fuck this isnt aimed at single mails..since we cant mail the op lol...

when the focus is looking 100% in favour of one half you gotta see where the attention lies really.

Some people quite rightly are suspicious they are talking to just one half(the male)...even I get suspicious of couples contacting me asking for a meet..suddenly the chatting stops/messages get deleted etc etc..and this is after proposing a meet date!..

I've had a couple of fab gfs(not fuckbuddies), it was always amusing that I suddenly became fuckable..

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

I'd say it's pretty common...we have pics of both of us and profile text that talks about us both but more often than not the messages are sent to me (Flik). On many occasions, when I have pointed out that we are a couple the guy messaging is surprised...so much for reading profiles.

We state on our profile that although I (male) dont play on meets I answer 95% of messages so will ignore and delete any which target the female and blank me. Its drastically reduced how many do ignore me but we still get a few, or some who think as its me they are talking to they can talk about my wife like shes a peice of meat there for our pleasure and amusement. I always get her to answer those shes become very apt at shooting them down in flames

Ty DG am new to this cpls profile malarkey so trying to find our feet as I said this profile was changed by admin but I use both as many of my friends are on my smush profile not norsemannhellkat as yet

Yep all the time

"That's coz admin change my status hun from single lady our cpls profile is norsemannhellkat and I name it on this profile "

If you only ever meet with someone else then admin will turn your profile into a couples profile.

Singles profiles are for people who meet alone.

We totally agree op , if we feel one of us is being ignored, left out or not happy with a situation then it stops . We don't leave anyone out its all about all having fun not just two .

By *roffGentlemanMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Yes we get this all the time sadly.

Even in clubs, if Mr seems like an unwanted party I kinda pick up on it and back off from the couple because of it.

Have to agree, a social first to see if there is any connection is a very good idea.

"No we never had that, ever. Men and couples always addressed us both equally. "

Same here

It happens every so often. No biggie we point out the faux pas and see how they respond. Nothing to worry about. What does grind gears if it happens in a club especially when they pounce when on half goes to the bar etc.

Cos in reality we all just wanna have the woman lol.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

It happens occasionally but as it is hubby who pretty much uses our couples profile he normally ignores them if they continue to mail 'me' after he has corrected them.

"We state on our profile that although I (male) dont play on meets I answer 95% of messages so will ignore and delete any which target the female and blank me. Its drastically reduced how many do ignore me but we still get a few, or some who think as its me they are talking to they can talk about my wife like shes a peice of meat there for our pleasure and amusement. I always get her to answer those shes become very apt at shooting them down in flames "

If it's only your wife meeting why doesn't she do the talking? If I was going to have sex with someone I'd want to talk to them. If you don't want people thinking of your wife as a piece of meat maybe let her speak for herself?

Is it women who are ignoring your partner? Or the male half of a couple?

Edinburgh

"We state on our profile that although I (male) dont play on meets I answer 95% of messages so will ignore and delete any which target the female and blank me. Its drastically reduced how many do ignore me but we still get a few, or some who think as its me they are talking to they can talk about my wife like shes a peice of meat there for our pleasure and amusement. I always get her to answer those shes become very apt at shooting them down in flames

If it's only your wife meeting why doesn't she do the talking? If I was going to have sex with someone I'd want to talk to them. If you don't want people thinking of your wife as a piece of meat maybe let her speak for herself? "

Equally if I were looking to meet with the lady of a couple and only had contact with the male half when he wasn't going to be involved but that's the way the couple choose to swing, I'd accept that they're not for me and move on. I don't need to choose how other people swing but I do choose how I swing if that makes sense.

How do you know the lady in the couple you replied to doesn't choose to swing this way?

"We state on our profile that although I (male) dont play on meets I answer 95% of messages so will ignore and delete any which target the female and blank me. Its drastically reduced how many do ignore me but we still get a few, or some who think as its me they are talking to they can talk about my wife like shes a peice of meat there for our pleasure and amusement. I always get her to answer those shes become very apt at shooting them down in flames

If it's only your wife meeting why doesn't she do the talking? If I was going to have sex with someone I'd want to talk to them. If you don't want people thinking of your wife as a piece of meat maybe let her speak for herself? "

Its only my wife playing, we are both meeting and she trusts my judgment so asks me to filter people out. If I dont like somebody its a no. If I do then she checks them out and again if she doesnt its a no. I know her rules, likes and dislikes so although we both respond she prefers I do the majority of the time. I dont see how that makes her seem like a piece of meet or give them reason to talk about her as such. Nor do I need to "let her" do anything we agree everything together neither of us runs the show or has to let the other do anything.

By *aughty cpl for funCouple  over a year ago

chester

Yes happens to us all the time. Yes the majority of pics are of the female. But we clearly state in profile that were a couple and any message should be addressed as such. But still get messages from all. "Hi nikki how are you would love to meet you" not you both. Very very frustrating.

If it's only your wife meeting why doesn't she do the talking? If I was going to have sex with someone I'd want to talk to them. If you don't want people thinking of your wife as a piece of meat maybe let her speak for herself?

Equally if I were looking to meet with the lady of a couple and only had contact with the male half when he wasn't going to be involved but that's the way the couple choose to swing, I'd accept that they're not for me and move on. I don't need to choose how other people swing but I do choose how I swing if that makes sense.

How do you know the lady in the couple you replied to doesn't choose to swing this way? "

For the most part in the initial couple of messages we reply as a couple so they wouldnt know which of us they were talking to. After that if we decide we would like to meet assuming my wife thinks they are ok she will then message them directly. We dont talk directly to the male or female in replies we direct all messages to both so expect the same in reply.

Its the guys going wow your hot or I want to do this or that to you that either get ignored or a message back saying thanks but I think you might prefer my wife

Edinburgh

I wouldn't approach a couple without addressing both. That's kinda the whole point for me. I wouldn't want one without the other. That's what single people are for.

By *andSfitCouple  over a year ago

London

A lot of couples only have pictures of the female half up so I can understand why the male is ignored. However it is still a couples profile so both should be addressed your not gonna get far assuming you're gonna have you wicked way with someone's partner without them joining in.

By *aughty cpl for funCouple  over a year ago

chester

"A lot of couples only have pictures of the female half up so I can understand why the male is ignored. However it is still a couples profile so both should be addressed your not gonna get far assuming you're gonna have you wicked way with someone's partner without them joining in."

As we've stated our profile has more pics of the female. We understand that. But our profile also states address any messages to us as a couple. again it boils down to manners and people reading profiles properly first before messaging. As most only look she pics and message without reading profiles xxx

To be fair there are no pics of him on your profile so why would people refure to you equally when your own profile doesn't

I'm sick of couples complaining that people only refer to the female only when they receive messages because when I get a message from a couples profile, they rarely say which one of them has sent me the message.

Practice what you preach

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

We only get it occasionally, but not from people that are even vaguely local or meet our criteria. They are usually along the lines of "mmmm pussy"!

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"I'm sick of couples complaining that people only refer to the female only when they receive messages because when I get a message from a couples profile, they rarely say which one of them has sent me the message.

Practice what you preach

"

Irritating ain't it!

I always sign my name on the 1st message I send then all others just get my initial

N

"It happens every so often. No biggie we point out the faux pas and see how they respond. Nothing to worry about. What does grind gears if it happens in a club especially when they pounce when on half goes to the bar etc. "

We get it like this and like you I hate it when it happens in a club more x

"I'm sick of couples complaining that people only refer to the female only when they receive messages because when I get a message from a couples profile, they rarely say which one of them has sent me the message.

Practice what you preach

"

Because as I said with ours its from both of us. Obviously only one has written it but for ys at least it would have input from us as a couple not just one of us so we ARE practising what we preach!!

As some have said, many many couples profiles heavily fixated on the female half - some go as far as to be almost exclusively about the lady. So if that's the case, ignoring the male half seems somewhat fitting really, doesn't it? If you can't have a few male/couples pics and talk about yourselves as a couple why would you be expected to be treated as such? Perhaps the key is to look first at how you're portraying yourselves?

However, if it's a good fifty/fifty profile and some asshats ignoring the gentlemen to get to the lady then that is rude, disrespectful and shouldn't be tolerated. You can usually tell early on as it becomes clear pretty quickly.

Balance in all things. I've played as single and couple and I've seen both sides of the equation.

On our norsemannhellkat profile we always add our name so you know who is talking to you as thats only fair I never thought of that on this profile because only I use it as it was my singles 1 I have had since I joined fab 4 yrs ago n all my old friends who don't know edd yet use this to chat with me and it was only pointed out to me recently it was now a cpls profile I hadn't even realised it had been changed hence only my pics on it sorry for any confusion that's caused

By *aeBabeWoman  over a year ago

London

If a couples profile had equal pictures of both, I would address both, but if I see it's mostly the women who's on show for public viewing, I assume she is mostly the one who uses the profile.. Not really intentional, but it happens

By *teve261970Man  over a year ago

Gateshead

Well I for one certainly don't miss out the male half of a couple. I mean for gods this man is gracious enough to allow me access to his wife, I applaud his Attitude. I love playing with couples, wether they're cuckold or not.

Some people say 3's a crowd, I definitely don't think so haha

Yep. Instant delete.

Why is it that so many couples profile pictures seem to totally ignore the male half of a couple?

Surely if you want someone to pay any sort of attention to the man you should show consideration and not try and circumvent the male half of the couple or quite frankly act like he doesn't exist.

Well I for one certainly don't miss out the male half of a couple. I mean for gods this man is gracious enough to allow me access to his wife, I applaud his Attitude. I love playing with couples, wether they're cuckold or not.

Some people say 3's a crowd, I definitely don't think so haha "

Allow?

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

A lot of the single males just address me, although lately we've had one that always starts "hi boobs (and balls)" then continues to talk to me

Don't know why they need the brackets, but there you go.

By *essie xxjxxWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

I'll come redress the balance OP, but no sulking if I ignore you! Lol xx

"I wouldn't approach a couple without addressing both. That's kinda the whole point for me. I wouldn't want one without the other. That's what single people are for. "

Agree with this, I was approached by a man in a club and he informed me he was part of a couple but she doesn't go as it was too close to home. I wasn't comfortable with this as felt the partner should have been there.

I pretty much ignore profiles where it's all focused on the women, ad I've said on my profile I'm not interested in that... I actually think it's couple's I've now blocked from messaging due to that reason.

"A lot of the single males just address me, although lately we've had one that always starts "hi boobs (and balls)" then continues to talk to me

Don't know why they need the brackets, but there you go. "

Again, look at your profile: 37 public photos. 2 of him. 1 of you both.

Can couples not see the imbalances they themselves cause?

The OP's profile shows zero male pics, doesn't mention the man's name, shows no info about him and doesn't talk about him at all.

"A lot of the single males just address me, although lately we've had one that always starts "hi boobs (and balls)" then continues to talk to me

The OP's profile shows zero male pics, doesn't mention the man's name, shows no info about him and doesn't talk about him at all. "

A profile showing you fully as a couple may help those contacting you think of you as a couple.

Even my single man profile has more couples pics than most couples on here.

st andrews

Can couples not see the imbalances they themselves cause? "

Regardless of how many there are, there are still pics of him and our profile mentions him in detail. It's not all down to pics, the ability to read goes a long way.

And there are a lot more pics of him in the friends folder.

Regardless of how many there are, there are still pics of him and our profile mentions him in detail. It's not all down to pics, the ability to read goes a long way.

And there are a lot more pics of him in the friends folder. "

So you don't think that couples profiles which give only marginal references to the male half may be contributing to the attention given to the male?

So you don't think that couples profiles which give only marginal references to the male half may be contributing to the attention given to the male? "

It seems to me that many couples ignore the male half, so why should any else act differently?

So you don't think that couples profiles which give only marginal references to the male half may be contributing to the attention given to the male?

It seems to me that many couples ignore the male half, so why should any else act differently? "

(just look at the OP's profile before responding)

This happens to us sometimes. I dunno, but it doesn't really bother me too much. I get that the guy is messaging because he is interested in me. Marc isn't bi, so I don't think they really have to connect too much. It's different if he actively avoids talking to Marc (who answers most of our non-forum related messages). But that doesn't happen often.

What bothers me more is couples who talk only to me. This actually happens fairly often. It says we only play together on our profile, but many couples message us and talk to us clearly trying to meet only me. We are like a poor substitute for their ffm fantasy and it bugs me.

But whatever really. It's so easy to say "no thanks" to people whose messages we don't like that I don't really think of this stuff much, really.

-Courtney

If I was meeting a couple just to have sex with one of them I would want to talk to the person I'll be having sex with. If both were going to be participating I'd want equal conversation with both and would expect to be told who has sent each message. It isn't always apparent.

It seems to me that many couples ignore the male half, so why should any else act differently?

(just look at the OP's profile before responding) "

But the OP has repeatedly mentioned she is talking about her couples profile, not the profile that posted the thread...

-Courtney

Yes look and read my profile and my other comments on here I clearly name our cpls profile on the second line of this profile after we set it up this 1 was my singles until admin changed it without notify me

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury/Larkhill

I always make a point of addressing both people when I message but a profile only has pictures of the female I can see why some forget that there's a male and only address the woman.

"Yes look and read my profile and my other comments on here I clearly name our cpls profile on the second line of this profile after we set it up this 1 was my singles until admin changed it without notify me "

I think that has caused a great deal of confusion in this thread. Anyway... socials first, maybe? Or an initial meet with no guarantee, see the dynamic before committing.

As a single guy that has met many couples I can give you some thoughts to ponder, as an individual with a couple it's difficult striking a balance, which is why I enjoy the glass of wine beforehand, getting to know both, their experiences, sometimes just shooting the breeze about family and work. This helps the single undrstand the dynamic in the relationship ( I have walked out of 3 meets where one of the couple was not really giving the right signals).

Slow the pace, control the meet, enjoy the chat

Depends on what your after, I (male half) don't swing with either male or female, where as my wife plays with males hence her pictures on our account, everyone has there own needs. We have had a few messages where guys have said your gorgeous! I replied "hehehe don't tell the wife" never heard off them again.

"But the OP has repeatedly mentioned she is talking about her couples profile, not the profile that posted the thread...

-Courtney"

Which again has a single anonymous photo of a male torso.

I don't play with couples, so I'm not complaining. I'm trying to suggest that couples who complain about being disproportionate attention being given to the female could look first at the disproportionate attention given to the female on their profile.

(and if there's some really important information, maybe don't put it in shout demanding capitalised paragraphs, because lots of people won't read it)

I totally agree hun social first is deffo the way to go as attraction has many facets and personality is as important as looks for both of us and being able to laugh and chat bubbles and make friends is super important to myself n my partner we are not the meet fuk n see ya later type that's just not for us as a cpl

"But the OP has repeatedly mentioned she is talking about her couples profile, not the profile that posted the thread...

-Courtney

I don't play with couples, so I'm not complaining. I'm trying to suggest that couples who complain about being disproportionate attention being given to the female could look first at the disproportionate attention given to the female on their profile.

(and if there's some really important information, maybe don't put it in shout demanding capitalised paragraphs, because lots of people won't read it) "

I do generally agree with you TT. I wish couples would have more pics of the guy and say more about him generally. I love playing with the men in couples, so I notice the absence of them on many couples profiles.

But I have to disagree with you on this one. The guy has a body shot, and he is in the background of the bike picture (which shows some of his interests as well). I get that it's hard to come up with good pic ideas for many guys. But their text is also fairly well proportioned between the two.

All of this would go to show that the problem persist, regardless of who the profile focuses on. As I've said, I don't mind too much when it happens to us. But it's a good note to single guys looking to meet couples to know that it may bother many couples.

-Courtney

"I totally agree hun social first is deffo the way to go as attraction has many facets and personality is as important as looks for both of us and being able to laugh and chat bubbles and make friends is super important to myself n my partner we are not the meet fuk n see ya later type that's just not for us as a cpl"

And if they are ignoring your other half whilst messaging on here, delete, block, move on. There's loads of respectful, intelligent guys and couples on here, if you aren't the meet fuck leave type, then choose people that can hold a conversation, and address you both in their messages.

By *ittenandthepirateCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

I often find it's the other way around. Not being ignored per se but a lot of people write a message assuming they are talking to C when it is in fact me, R, the majority of the time

"I totally agree hun social first is deffo the way to go as attraction has many facets and personality is as important as looks for both of us and being able to laugh and chat bubbles and make friends is super important to myself n my partner we are not the meet fuk n see ya later type that's just not for us as a cpl

And if they are ignoring your other half whilst messaging on here, delete, block, move on. There's loads of respectful, intelligent guys and couples on here, if you aren't the meet fuck leave type, then choose people that can hold a conversation, and address you both in their messages."

-Courtney

(and if there's some really important information, maybe don't put it in shout demanding capitalised paragraphs, because lots of people won't read it)

I do generally agree with you TT. I wish couples would have more pics of the guy and say more about him generally. I love playing with the men in couples, so I notice the absence of them on many couples profiles.

But I have to disagree with you on this one. The guy has a body shot, and he is in the background of the bike picture (which shows some of his interests as well). I get that it's hard to come up with good pic ideas for many guys. But their text is also fairly well proportioned between the two.

All of this would go to show that the problem persist, regardless of who the profile focuses on. As I've said, I don't mind too much when it happens to us. But it's a good note to single guys looking to meet couples to know that it may bother many couples.

-Courtney"

Am deffo taking lots of the comments made on because this cpls profile malarky is totally new to us and some comments have been really helpful for us to find a good balance for the profile coz it's still a work in progress

-Courtney

-Courtney"

That's fair enough. I don't agree personally, because I think the type of photos and the quality of photos and quantity of photos is totally biased towards the female - which is going to attract people who are interested in females rather than couples.

And of I think that as a man, then maybe it's view which other men have too.

-Courtney

-Courtney

That's fair enough. I don't agree personally, because I think the type of photos and the quality of photos and quantity of photos is totally biased towards the female - which is going to attract people who are interested in females rather than couples.

And of I think that as a man, then maybe it's view which other men have too. "

Not being a man myself, I can't argue with you there!

I'm a fat, hairy dude with a beautiful girlfriend so obviously there are more pictures of her than me. But as I am starting to think I am the deal breaker I may have to purge myself from the profile all together.

Why is it that so many couples profile pictures seem to totally ignore the male half of a couple?

Surely if you want someone to pay any sort of attention to the man you should show consideration and not try and circumvent the male half of the couple or quite frankly act like he doesn't exist."

Couples do seem to blame everyone else, when the problem is themselves.

Any messages like that I reply as if they were towards me and say thanks for the message but I'm not bi.they soon reply saying sorry.too late by then.they are off the list

By *ivnwcplCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Yes, we get lots of mail, mainly from single guys addressed to me and not both of us, We assume that's because on our profile it states I play only, but common politeness they should address it to both partners

By *aptain RedbeardMan  over a year ago

Right here, right now!

If I am messaging a couple, I always address both parties. I used to be the male half of a MF profile on here and know that respect and good manners need to be shown to both. Back then, I needed some kind of friendly connection before I agreed to a guy meeting us and playing with my wife at the time.

I've said this numerous times but I'll say it again ~ A lot of couple profiles look & sound like single women, regardless of the word couple next to them.

I believe from reading posts before that even if they are a couple profile a lot will say it's only the woman that plays.

"I've said this numerous times but I'll say it again ~ A lot of couple profiles look & sound like single women, regardless of the word couple next to them.

I believe from reading posts before that even if they are a couple profile a lot will say it's only the woman that plays.

"

But then again - on one of my couples profiles we have two pictures. One is of me naked, one is of my partner naked. The avatar (main image) is of my partner naked.

The wording is neutral, and specifies that we are mostly looking for men for my partner to play with.

Yet still I'd suggest that 90% of the messages are directed at me. I wouldn't mind if they were politely asking if we play separately - in which case we'd direct them to our singles profiles - but they aren't. They're just assuming that it's the woman who is playing and the woman who they will be playing with.

Yes, we get lots of mail, mainly from single guys addressed to me and not both of us, We assume that's because on our profile it states I play only, but common politeness they should address it to both partners "

Exactly.

Isn't it better to find out now rather than wait till you meet

maybe if u had pics of him too they would !!

"I often find it's the other way around. Not being ignored per se but a lot of people write a message assuming they are talking to C when it is in fact me, R, the majority of the time "

This!

They actually ask for his permission ~ "Hi Marcus, good going there, well done lad - can I tell you about a fantasy I have? Sarah would be perfect for it" or, "Would Sarah be interested in a 3some?"...

I reply to 99percent of the messages, and send most of the winks/first messages we send...

Marcus just looks in now and again

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Practice what you preach

Because as I said with ours its from both of us. Obviously only one has written it but for ys at least it would have input from us as a couple not just one of us so we ARE practising what we preach!!"

To be fair, you say up there that you do the vetting and pick out who you think your wife might like to talk to and then she talks to them, so you are contradicting yourself a bit.

"I always make a point of addressing both people when I message but a profile only has pictures of the female I can see why some forget that there's a male and only address the woman."
so many couples only have pics of the female ! If there a couple surly he should have pics too

Its a difficult one for photos of men as there isn't much people want to see of us just look what people say about single profiles. But it does bug me when our profile clearly states we only play as a couple but get messages only wanting Lou. I remember once getting a series of posts after post a status of horny but my partners away… they continued until I replied "you do know I'm the male half" to which the response was oh shit sorry (then I was promptly blocked).

When checking a couple out the first thing I check is the couples sexual orientation. My OH is bi I'm straight no point messaging if he wants a bi male. I will then check out the photos obviously I and Lou will want to be attracted to the female however Lou needs to have some attraction from the fella too.

Then I will either message them stating its the male half messaging and chat to them as a couple or I will ask Lou to message.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

We don't have pics (apart from an avatar) and no wording on our profile at the moment and we still get mails addressed to only the female

Sometimes it is nothing to do with a profile or pics, some people just assume they are talking to one half of a couple.

It doesn't bother us one way or another though...if we don't like a mail we just say No thanks.

"I've said this numerous times but I'll say it again ~ A lot of couple profiles look & sound like single women, regardless of the word couple next to them.

But then again - on one of my couples profiles we have two pictures. One is of me naked, one is of my partner naked. The avatar (main image) is of my partner naked.

The wording is neutral, and specifies that we are mostly looking for men for my partner to play with.

Yet still I'd suggest that 90% of the messages are directed at me. I wouldn't mind if they were politely asking if we play separately - in which case we'd direct them to our singles profiles - but they aren't. They're just assuming that it's the woman who is playing and the woman who they will be playing with."

I think assumption plays a big part too.

Have you ever had an avatar pic of you both, I wonder if that would make a difference?

"I always make a point of addressing both people when I message but a profile only has pictures of the female I can see why some forget that there's a male and only address the woman. so many couples only have pics of the female ! If there a couple surly he should have pics too "

Yes I agree with this as it's nice to know what the man will look like. But in many cases ours included it really doesn't matter, people tend to ignore me and think they are talking to Lou

st andrews

(just look at the OP's profile before responding) "

That last comment is a tad rude, but cheers for your input

st andrews

I've always signed my messages so people know it's me and not him, which might help a bit.

We don't get enough of it to bother us, I think in the 3 years we've been here there have only been a couple where I've had to say that C also reads the messages and it would be polite to show him some respect.

I think it is difficult to find imaginative ways to take pics of guys, whereas women have a mountain of lingerie and poses to choose from.

We don't have loads of him in public for obvious reasons, but perhaps I need to reduce the amount of me. The trouble is deciding which ones to get rid of!

Just picked up on this......

Previously, I was on here as a couple and experienced same - eventually, we stated clearly in the profile that we would not tolerate ignorance like this and all such messages would be deleted without reply and sender blocked. It did the trick and it meant that all the meets we had where with good guys/gals and couples.

By *astard and goodgirlCouple  over a year ago

Near Exeter

We just posted a thread of the exact same ethos 'is there any pount'

Practice what you preach

Because as I said with ours its from both of us. Obviously only one has written it but for ys at least it would have input from us as a couple not just one of us so we ARE practising what we preach!!

To be fair, you say up there that you do the vetting and pick out who you think your wife might like to talk to and then she talks to them, so you are contradicting yourself a bit."

Not at all if I know we're not interested I say no thanks there for no further conversation is required and it doesnt matter whose messaging. But I said if I think she would be interested I then run it by her there for the reply is from us both.

By *lackMetalMan  over a year ago

Centre

This is why I rarely if ever write to couples. The confusion, the pause cos its difficult to address two people when you only fancy the female and the weird feeling I get when I have to pretend I find what the male half is saying interesting when it isn't. In short, its a minefield that can only go away if there's a click between all three and how often does that happen?

st andrews

"This is why I rarely if ever write to couples. The confusion, the pause cos its difficult to address two people when you only fancy the female and the weird feeling I get when I have to pretend I find what the male half is saying interesting when it isn't. In short, its a minefield that can only go away if there's a click between all three and how often does that happen?"

For us it happens quite often, mainly I think because C is a very sociable and funny person. All the feedback from our recent party commented on how hilarious he is, and he's very good at putting people at ease

if this happens - we ask who of the couple is messaging - (as if we didnt know already) - they either say yes its just m at the moment or shut up -

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

your profile and pictures is completely surrounding the woman. Not forgiving any mails you may get as yes, you are a couple - messages should try and address you both, but, your profile is totally about the woman, men will obviously try and complement and flirt with the woman to try and get a response.

It is a little difficult with couples anyway being straight - as there are very few things you can say to the bloke to get attention if like yours all the pics are centred on the woman...

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

^ sorry for the blurb there. hmmmm

By *lpha-and-FoxtrotCouple  over a year ago

Kettering

We have equal photos, haven't written our profile as "I" which some couples profiles do and it still results in people assuming there's only F or only A. Shit happens.

By *oresters1Couple  over a year ago

Hythe, Hampshire

[Removed by poster at 30/11/15 12:19:53]

Hi guys this is the OP on the profile I have been referring to as the original 1 has caused a lot of confusion on the thread as it was until recently my singles profile but was changed by admin. As we are new to this cpls profile malarky so any constructive comments on how to create a fully rounded profile that's inclusive so peeps address my partner as much as me would be really helpful

By *r jblMan  over a year ago

from parts unknown

By *ischief ManagedCouple  over a year ago

manchester

Yeah we get it but the majority are from single blokes anyway however they just address the lady .Some havent even clicked on before the message its a couple profile. Were all different in our ways and i leave them open for mrs to read so very rarely delete or block its upto her to do that. Have put some more pics of mr on but nobody loves me

The best bit of information was given to me as I started out on my swinging adventure by a certain club owner in Sheffield ...if you want to get into the knickers of a the lady of a couple ..ignore her and chat to him ...he thinks your a nice guy ...job done ....never did me any harm and made some good friends from it ...Mr d

Smushkitten, you have no pics of your partner at all on your public gallery; bring him out of the dark and see if that helps.

By *ice guy 44Man  over a year ago

wrexham

if your meet the Cpl you should all play

I think im there to please both him more than her if you get what I mean not touching him just making him feel important to

I always wonder why there are no pics of the bloke on many couple profiles. That's why I've put lots of pictures of myself on our profile, because I'm pretty and deserve to be looked at

To be fair though, it doesn't bother me if single men only address their message as if they're speaking to my g/f because let's be fair they probably don't give a shit about me and unless they want to bang me I wouldn't expect them to

"The best bit of information was given to me as I started out on my swinging adventure by a certain club owner in Sheffield ...if you want to get into the knickers of a the lady of a couple ..ignore her and chat to him ...he thinks your a nice guy ...job done ....never did me any harm and made some good friends from it ...Mr d "

Good advice lol

» Add a new message to this topic