FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > A false environment?

A false environment?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So we thought we would post a question for you peeps to ponder.

Considering The differences in meeting and chatting to people on the site in comparison to meeting and chatting to people face to face, in terms of deciding wether to play with them or not, if you had rejected someone on the site, yet when you met them and chatted to them at a club and changed your mind, would you let them know who you were on FAB and you had rejected them if they didn't have a clue?

Or if someone told you that they had rejected you on here, but face to face you had really clicked well, how would you react?

The reason we ask is that when deciding wether to pursue the possibility of playing with someone on here, it's based on our own strict guidelines, that don't necessarily apply when meeting people face to face at a club, so we might end up rejecting people that we could well actually like if we met face to face. It's a bit autocratic we know, however, time is precious, and with so many fakes and time wasters on the site, it's somewhat of a false environment in really getting a feel for someone in comparison to actually meeting them face to face, and relying on other communication methods, I.e. Para Verbal communication etc. so much gets lost in translation.

What are your thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Ahhhh interesting topic - I know that people have rejected me based on my fab profile but when met me things have changed eg at social or in a club. I normally have a bit of banter with them about it

I know that my fab profile doesn't appeal to people. I don't have tats or abs, or massive muscles but I know my personality in person is better

By *reedy_for_funCouple  over a year ago

My House

I have actually played with someone at Radletts that I had, only a few days before, told I wasn't interested in meeting.

For certain their poorly written profile and bland cock pics didn't match with the person I met. He introduced himself at the club; we chatted, he was witty, charming, good looking (in real life) and after 5 mins I knew I was going to enjoy having him if he wanted me. He did and it was a really good session

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

Would have no hesitation in telling them if it were the case, you have done nothing wrong in rejecting initially as you only had limited information. The fact that having met and spoken to them you have decided you want to play is, if anything, a compliment.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

if I took any notice of what was written on most profiles I read I wouldn't meet anyone! however, if someone is witty and erudite enough to send me an interesting message that draws me in and tells me a bit about them without them coming across as arrogant fuckwits, I am more than likely to reply...

after that its all down to whether they (and me) can keep it interesting and eventually get to a point where we wouldn't mind meeting...and hoping that the online personality is similar to the real life one.....as they can often differ greatly!

By *tef1972TV/TS  over a year ago

blackburn

You really can't tell what people are saying or the manner they say stuff in text or email it's so unemotional and blunt

And if they drone on for two pages on there profile I loose the will to live after about 10 lines and flick past you really must grab my attention in the first few lines or its swipe past

It wouldn't bother me. Online and real life can be very different.

I'm useless at first time messaging which I hope could be the reason I rarely get replies, I'm sure if I met ppl in person I'd stand a far better chance.

It's just so difficult to have to sell yourself on here.

"So we thought we would post a question for you peeps to ponder.

Considering The differences in meeting and chatting to people on the site in comparison to meeting and chatting to people face to face, in terms of deciding wether to play with them or not, if you had rejected someone on the site, yeit when you met them and chatted to them at a club and changed your mind, would you let them know who you were on FAB and you had rejected them if they didn't have a clue?

Or if someone told you that they had rejected you on here, but face to face you had really clicked well, how would you react?

The reason we ask is that when deciding wether to pursue the possibility of playing with someone on here, it's based on our own strict guidelines, that don't necessarily apply when meeting people face to face at a club, so we might end up rejecting people that we could well actually like if we met face to face. It's a bit autocratic we know, however, time is precious, and with so many fakes and time wasters on the site, it's somewhat of a false environment in really getting a feel for someone in comparison to actually meeting them face to face, and relying on other communication methods, I.e. Para Verbal communication etc. so much gets lost in translation.

What are your thoughts? "

you've just said in a very long winded way what I always say you can't judge people on text messages which make ambiguous statements and can be misinterpreted ,give them a chance but don't mention any rejection xx

Text messages don't have all the non verbal cues you look for so its not surprising one message alone doesn't quite work for you but an actual face to face chat does. It's why sometimes when people do meet they don't then click because all the other signals you're looking for are not there.

Not strange at all

I turned someone down on fab who then recognised me in a club I went to. He came up to me and started hassling me, asking me why I'd blocked him and said that I owed him and should play with him then because he was the best looking guy in the club that night.

I just laughed in his face as he stood in the corner of the club sulking alone all night whilst I was having a blast with my friends! Git.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I turned someone down on fab who then recognised me in a club I went to. He came up to me and started hassling me, asking me why I'd blocked him and said that I owed him and should play with him then because he was the best looking guy in the club that night.

I just laughed in his face as he stood in the corner of the club sulking alone all night whilst I was having a blast with my friends! Git."

Wow! I'd be calling him now than a git!

Idiots like that really don't help all the genuine ones!

Her x

I originally turned down a guy who ended up being our last meeting and was fantastic. Goes to show!

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

To be fair this is why we play at the club as we are meeting people rather than profiles and it works for us.

» Add a new message to this topic